Quote from: 13chemicals
Life is too short to do rails off of someone's triple chin.

Ugh, pain! Hurting! (Read 28241 times)
Ugh, pain! Hurting! on: August 18, 2009, 04:32:20 PM
You know how vegetarians / and or vegans sometimes tell you in a very self righteous way how since they quit eating meat that they get all painfully ill if they eat meat, and the unspoken implication is that now that their body is detoxified from meat their new sensitivity to it is proof of just how bad meat is for you?

Yeah, well tell those fuckers that all I've eaten all day is oatmeal and fruit (breakfast, lunch, and snack) and my insides want me dead right now. Plus I'm so fucking hungry it's unbelieveable.

Right now, the way I feel, I want to punch those people in the face.
Go to these sites, and don't forget to tell your friends!
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 04:44:08 PM
Oatmeal and fruit? are you dieting or have the runs?

Get some protein in there!

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 04:48:21 PM
It was an experiment in not eating the shitty food available at the roach coaches and crappy cafeteria.
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 04:55:14 PM
Fail.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 05:07:59 PM
It was an experiment in not eating the shitty food available at the roach coaches and crappy cafeteria.
Stupid experiment. You didnt have anything else to eat why?

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 05:11:21 PM
I keep a jar of peanut butter at work & bring in bread, so I always have an option to avoid the garbage choices nearby.

I take my inability to eat meat without getting sick to be a sign that the human body is pretty good at adapting.  If it needs to produce less bile, some bacteria culture isn't maintained, or enzyme production reduces, or whatever happens...it's just avoiding an unnecessary expenditure of energy.  And it will all kick back in if I decide to eat meat again.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 05:15:26 PM
I agree.
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 05:35:02 PM
Switching to a diet that contains mo animal proteins takes some adjustment on your body's part. Stay on it and it will pass, as will the unfulfilled feeling you have.

Of course you'll end up looking like Gandhi if you get the protein-starch mixture just right.
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 06:36:35 PM
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 07:29:37 PM
all tofu, all the time
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 07:42:42 PM

Because I think that eating whole, unprocessed foods must be a lot healthier than eating cheeseburgers, fries, onion rings, cheese steaks, chinese, indian, korean, pizza, or mexican.
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 07:59:12 PM
Thai. You didn't mention Thai.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 08:49:31 PM

Because I think that eating whole, unprocessed foods must be a lot healthier than eating cheeseburgers, fries, onion rings, cheese steaks, chinese, indian, korean, pizza, or mexican.

[Fatt]YOU ARE WRONG![/Fatt]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 08:55:42 PM by Mosh »

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 08:53:11 PM
My poop has been bright green for two days, because I had two super tasty, super-chemi, blue cupcakes on Saturday.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 09:11:08 PM
Haven't any of you heard of "home cooked" meals? I've not had a fast food hamburger in almost two years. People complain about fast food, just stop eatin that! Don't stop eatin meat though! Meat is goooood.

On that note though, when I tried to be a vegitarian once, it didn't turn out well. I did lose weight! But I gained it back when I started doing more than sitting on my ass. Plus, on an all salad diet, I was always hungry.
Thou shall not fear. Thou shall not fall. Thou shall not fly. Thou shall not cry. Thou shall not die.

I can't wait til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff. - Philip J. Fry

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 01:01:45 AM
Eating meat makes you feel more full than eating vegetables.  But eating meat smothered in gravy isn't a good, and no macaroni isn't a vegetable.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 01:06:44 AM
Fuck you, gravy is wonderful!
It's truly a shame I am no longer there to yell at girls to make out with you.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 01:36:04 AM
Everybody wants to shoot the messenger.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009, 04:08:58 AM
My poop has been bright green for two days, because I had two super tasty, super-chemi, blue cupcakes on Saturday.

Did they have 13chemicals in them?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 04:09:27 AM by Mosh »

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 04:50:12 AM
seriously - how much does it cost to get beef & milk from grass-fed cows? Maybe keeping your meat costs the same, but eating less to offset the cost would be a way to reduce the chemicals ripping up your innards.
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009, 05:33:46 AM
The way I would kill um, it wouldn't cost ya a dime.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #21 on: August 19, 2009, 06:13:40 AM
Thou shall not fear. Thou shall not fall. Thou shall not fly. Thou shall not cry. Thou shall not die.

I can't wait til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff. - Philip J. Fry

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #22 on: August 19, 2009, 08:54:32 AM
so is propr spellng

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #23 on: August 19, 2009, 09:29:03 AM
My diet has been really, really shitty for the last five years, so I'm looking to eat healthier (and save money too) and then get back to working out.

Grass fed beef is really, really expensive, but since I'm planning on eating less meat I suppose it's a possibility. Thanks for bringing that up Nick, I hadn't even considered it.
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #24 on: August 19, 2009, 09:32:48 AM
Switching to a diet sex life that contains mo animal proteins more gay shit takes some adjustment on your body's part. Stay on it and it will pass, as will the unfulfilled feeling you have.
Like yours.  Only different.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #25 on: August 19, 2009, 10:06:35 AM
Oh hell my secret is out. Vegans is some gay shit...

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #26 on: August 19, 2009, 10:42:33 AM
that's crazy that grass-fed beef is so expensive, since that's what all cows should eat

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #27 on: August 19, 2009, 10:45:32 AM
Then what would we do with all the ground up newspaper, tree bark and leftover parts of other cows?

Not very green, Nick. What did those innocent blades of grass do to you anyway?

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #28 on: August 19, 2009, 11:07:58 AM
Between the government's inexplicable subsidies for factory farming, corn, & soy, and turning grazing land into strip mall utopias...

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #29 on: August 19, 2009, 11:38:57 AM
"A human can be healthy without killing animals for food."
Leo Tolstoy

"There is no doubt that reducing consumption of meat, especially red meat, is one of the most effective things the individual can do to reduce their greenhouse gas pollution."
Professor Ian Lowe, President, Australian Conservation Foundation

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Albert Einstein

"It is my view that the vegetarian manner of living by its purely physical effect of the human temperament would most beneficially influence the lot of mankind."
Albert Einstein

And for all you regularly spouting shit like: "if god didn't want us to eat animals why'd he make them so tasty?" and "man has been eating animals since the beginning so obviously it's what we are supposed to do.". --this one's for you:

"Loyalty to a petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul."
Mark Twain

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #30 on: August 19, 2009, 12:01:17 PM
Hey, I never was saying that a vegan lifestyle is flawed or wrong, I just wanted to remark that drastically changing your diet can be physically painful and that pain isn't an indicator that your established diet is a correct one.

I personally enjoy high fat savory foods, unfortunately those are really bad for you. I'm trying to change my diet to include less animal fats and cheeses and a much higher intake of low carbohydrate, low glycemic index vegetables and fruits in an effort to lower my total caloric intake and improve my diet's nutrient density.

There's no doubt that a diet containing a large variety of phytonutrients is a healthy one. Current farming methods also produce meat with a harmful ratio of fatty acids. Grass fed livestock has a much healthier profile, but it's a rarity.

As a child I rarely ate meat, I detested it. That's probably just because my family sucked at cooking it though. At any rate, eating vegan is a healthy choice that I fully endorse, but as a self defining all consuming lifestyle I find it offensive at times.
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #31 on: August 19, 2009, 12:47:30 PM
Killing and eating animals helped us evolve. Given the state of the humanity right now, I dont think we have eaten enough read meat.
Quote from: FB comment
Look dude, there's only one thing I like that starts with Hot Black Co- and it doesn't end in 'ffee'.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #32 on: August 19, 2009, 01:09:45 PM
I can understand how people who are vegans about it end up with embattled mentalities, though.  People add meat, milk, and egg products in all sorts of unexpected places.  

I'm not strict about it, so I'm not going to worry about making sure there are absolutely no animal products in things.  Otherwise, you end up not being able to drink certain things, scouring labels at the grocery store for some weird chemical that they derive from an animal product, etc.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #33 on: August 19, 2009, 01:19:35 PM
If you want to turn someone into a vegetarian take them on a tour of a factory farm.

The only way I can still eat meat is to never ever think about where it came from.
Pour the wine, hold the grind, quarter to nine, let's go.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #34 on: August 19, 2009, 01:28:56 PM
I love fruits and vegetables and try to make them the major portions in meals, but there is nothing quite as exquisite as the occasional nice thick rare steak.
Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #35 on: August 19, 2009, 02:25:26 PM

So eating fast food basically?

I rarely eat fast food or take outs. Or anything like that.

Doesn't mean I live off oatmeal and fruit.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #36 on: August 19, 2009, 03:14:44 PM
as a self defining all consuming lifestyle I find it offensive at times.

I agree completely. It's like straight-edge people. Do or don't eat whatever you like, do or don't do any drugs you like, but don't make your entire identity be about something you don't do.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #37 on: August 19, 2009, 04:41:34 PM

So eating fast food basically?

I rarely eat fast food or take outs. Or anything like that.

Doesn't mean I live off oatmeal and fruit.

Okay, I'll bite. What do you eat?
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #38 on: August 19, 2009, 04:55:10 PM
bite, eat, ha.

I always have breakfast - toast or cereal. And milk, sometimes.Then throughout the day I have 1 apple, 1 peach/plum/whatever fruit we have, 1 yogurt, 1 pack of crisps (i'm not perfect), then sandwiches (brown bread, cheese, salad - cucumber, lettuce,) then I have a bunch of cherry tomatoes, and sometimes cereal bars. In whichever order, of course.

Course, sandwiches vary. A few days ago I had a bap with roasted peppers and instead a box with the salad in it. Homemade homous is another one.

It's quite obvious I dont make my own lunch.

EDIT: We also get sometimes, couscous 'n' veg or other stuff like that 'stead of sandwiches.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 05:02:38 PM by Sakhi »

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #39 on: August 19, 2009, 08:29:01 PM
krsna, I checked this out. None of what she eats is food. You'll have to search elsewhere for your inspiration

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #40 on: August 19, 2009, 08:45:26 PM
A people may be measured by their treatment of their animals.

Mahatma Gandhi

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #41 on: August 19, 2009, 08:56:42 PM
"I think it would be a good idea."

-Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #42 on: August 19, 2009, 09:10:55 PM
My favorite:

I don't reject your Christ. I love your Christ. It's just that so many of you Christians are so unlike your Christ.

Mahatma Gandhi

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #43 on: August 19, 2009, 09:22:03 PM

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #44 on: August 19, 2009, 09:23:00 PM
Fuck that deutsche nigga...

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #45 on: August 19, 2009, 09:28:11 PM
Hitler is always funny to bring up in discussions of vegetarian diets, though, because it usually get a really angry reaction.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #46 on: August 19, 2009, 09:49:25 PM
Mark Twain

That can really be said for anything, and while those people were incredibly intelligent, they are not nutritionists. (Though i suppose Ghandi could count)

Like Si, I guess what can really irk me about vegans or vegetarians are that certain ones can be awfully self righteous.

And again, like Si, do what you do, and do it. if someone doesn't agree or do the same, just let them be.
Its all gravy, baby

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #47 on: August 19, 2009, 09:52:25 PM
Mmmm gravy... made from real meat drippings...

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #48 on: August 19, 2009, 09:55:15 PM
When are you and amy coming to the US? Come through philly and Ill make you cornish hens, with gravy made from the drippings. I sit them atop celery and carrot sticks, and then make the gravy from whats left.
You'll love it so much, youll want to stick those celery stalks right up your ass after drinking the gravy out of them.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #49 on: August 19, 2009, 09:59:04 PM
Hell I'm thinking about a run to the grocery store for celery and carrots just READING about it.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #50 on: August 19, 2009, 09:59:42 PM
Sounds fucking awesome!

Unfortunately I doubt we'll be coming stateside for a bit. Next year is Amsterdam/France/Spain.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #51 on: August 19, 2009, 10:00:49 PM
im still working on detroit and antigua...

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #52 on: August 20, 2009, 01:05:00 AM
You know how vegetarians / and or vegans sometimes tell you in a very self righteous way how since they quit eating meat that they get all painfully ill if they eat meat, and the unspoken implication is that now that their body is detoxified from meat their new sensitivity to it is proof of just how bad meat is for you?

Yeah, well tell those fuckers that all I've eaten all day is oatmeal and fruit (breakfast, lunch, and snack) and my insides want me dead right now. Plus I'm so fucking hungry it's unbelieveable.

Right now, the way I feel, I want to punch those people in the face.

Hey, man, be CAREFUL!  i lived on oatmeal and it reduced my cholesterol ...

to the point that i was passing out.

Oatimeal for ONE meal per day is GREAT ~

DO NOT think that if some is good, more is better ~

i've gotten lost in that concept, tbh.

If you want some GREAT diet ideas, ASK.  i've dieted, and it was a delicious difference from regular eating!  For real.

LUNCH:

Tuna Salad, no, not on bread, on lettuce:

Drain water packed tuna; put on top of green lettuce (or red, as you prefer);

Use SOME ranch dressing, like 1 teaspoon,

dried, chopped onions;

and Italian dressing, made with your choice of healthy oil.

It's amazing how few calories this is, and how filling and delicious it is.

i've got a million of 'em, so PM if you'd like more healthy meals to replace the unhealthy ones, okay?

Just, PLEASE, only do the oatmeal for ONE meal?
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #53 on: August 20, 2009, 01:31:24 AM
Fyrenza's Special Diet:

Rum, cocaine, hula hoop. 

Day 1-  Drink only rum
Day 2- Drink rum and do some key bumps
Day 3- Hula Hoop and the occasional rail
Day 4- Death

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #54 on: August 20, 2009, 01:59:18 AM
Fyrenza's Special Diet:

Rum, cocaine, hula hoop.  

Day 1-  Drink only rum
Day 2- Drink rum and do some key bumps
Day 3- Hula Hoop and the occasional rail
Day 4- Death

Why, you frickin' HUSSY!!!

rofl!!!

Nah, my truly "special" diets include lots more than just canned tuna and raunch dressing!  rofl

And it truly isn't death i'm looking for ~ just a reality of not having to care, anymore.  Of giving it up, the things i thought were important, you know?

You've done it.  You've lived it.  i know it, and so do you.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 02:02:10 AM by fyrenza »
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #55 on: August 20, 2009, 06:43:00 AM
Mmmm Double Quarter Pounder with cheese, large fries, 2 apple pies.

Bitches, thats a meal!

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #56 on: August 20, 2009, 06:52:09 AM
I had a vending machine dinner tonight. 

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #57 on: August 20, 2009, 07:54:27 AM
Doesn't tuna have really high mercury levels?

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #58 on: August 20, 2009, 07:56:05 AM
I had a vending machine dinner tonight. 

i'll bring home-cookin' ~ spaghetti, sort of sweet, 'cuz i like tomato paste!

Or other stuff that i cook up, and freeze.

My mom's recipes ~ hey, man!  i'm FAT for a good reason ~ she was the ULTIMATE chef!

Now that she's gone, i expect that i'll lose weight...

Unless i cook her menus, which i helped her to create.

Nah.  i'll just eat fast food and hope for the best ~ that, within a year, i'll join her.

Well, but i have to find someone for Dear.  He's so special and so ... wEnderful.

13?  Could/would you make yourself available to a dark haired, light eyed, 6' 4" dude?  He's fat, but i feel certain YOU could "work that off" of him!  lol

And he's so sweet ~ he might not like it, but he'll put up with it for a certain amount of time.  My "time" is almost over, i'm afraid.

He says not, but this happening, this THANG, has changed EVERYTHING.

You know what i'm saying?

There are SOME things that can happen, and they change everything for folks.  Their lives are just thrown up, into the air, to land where they might.  But THEY are basically normal folks, with an anchor to the reality of this world.

People like me?  Shouldn't fuck around with them, 'cuz all it does is hurt them.

If only i didn't need someone, THAT would be easy.

Hey!  Perhaps THAT's the way we should START our relationships ~ "i'm going to end up killing part of you.  Is THIS really worth THAT?"

Sort of makes you stop, to think for a sec, doesn't it?
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #59 on: August 20, 2009, 08:40:29 AM
tuna does, but I think the idea is to limit it to maybe three times a week? Or maybe just once?

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #60 on: August 20, 2009, 09:05:40 AM
Man, I ate tuna like once a day for several months, and haven't been able to stomach it ever since.
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #61 on: August 20, 2009, 09:11:51 AM
tuna does, but I think the idea is to limit it to maybe three times a week? Or maybe just once?

TUNA???

Try four times per YEAR!

And it MUST be a tuna casserole, with TONS of cheese!

If i ever have to go to prison?  They "sell" instant Mac & cheese,

AND tuna in water.

i'm set, for life!   (You know, in the event that i'n sentenced to LIFE for smoking Herb, and transporting <gasp> at most, 1 lb. at a time.)

i don't really care.  They'll scare me for about 13 hours.  Then, i'll be so over it,

and what will be, will be.

They don't "want" me ~ major health probs, low potential for conviction (i've never been busted), so on and so forth.

If they DO want me?  Hey!  i could dig some more higher education,

and a vacation at Club FED.

Here i yam!
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #62 on: August 20, 2009, 09:30:01 AM
You gotta lay off the canned shit and get it fresh. You'll never go back.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #63 on: August 20, 2009, 10:11:53 AM
poor omni krsna. if i could cook all your meals for you you'd be all set and i think you know it. don't hate the playa'.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #64 on: August 20, 2009, 10:14:03 AM
tuna. mmmmm. tuna rolls are awesome. or tuna that is seared on the outside and raw on the inside and has a nice peppercorn crust. mmmmm.
you treat me like a monologue ho

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #65 on: August 20, 2009, 10:16:35 AM
poor omni krsna. if i could cook all your meals for you you'd be all set and i think you know it. don't hate the playa'.

I have no doubt it would be delicious and satisfying, it's obvious you have mad vegan skillz!
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #66 on: August 20, 2009, 02:24:55 PM
tuna. mmmmm. tuna rolls are awesome. or tuna that is seared on the outside and raw on the inside and has a nice peppercorn crust. mmmmm.

i can't do raw foods ~ if i have to kill and dress it, it's going to be COOKED, through and through.  i already had to drain it's blood, skin it's pelt, and butcher it, and even the THOUGHT of eating it half-raw turns my stomach...

i will eat what i kill, make no mistake.  Just not raw...
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #67 on: August 20, 2009, 02:33:35 PM
Run nigga! RUN!!!
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #68 on: August 20, 2009, 03:07:11 PM
Run nigga! RUN!!!

Oh, Lord, forgive me, but...

Dark meat is more succulent, eh?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 03:07:33 PM by fyrenza »
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #69 on: August 20, 2009, 03:49:47 PM
Mark Twain

That can really be said for anything, and while those people were incredibly intelligent, they are not nutritionists. (Though i suppose Ghandi could count)

Like Si, I guess what can really irk me about vegans or vegetarians are that certain ones can be awfully self righteous.

And again, like Si, do what you do, and do it. if someone doesn't agree or do the same, just let them be.
Its all gravy, baby

I hate them too. But I also hate self righteous atheists and meat eaters.

People that seem to think because other vegetarians and vegans act in a certain manner to other non-vegetarians they have every right to do that to me.

I dont fucking push my beliefs on people but for some reason they have every right to do it to me.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #70 on: August 20, 2009, 04:13:33 PM

People that seem to think because other vegetarians and vegans act in a certain manner to other non-vegetarians they have every right to do that to me.

I dont fucking push my beliefs on people but for some reason they have every right to do it to me.

The thing is, we, humans, were MEANT to be omnivores ~ we need the proteins and things we don't even know about yet, from MEAT.

There really isn't any getting over that.

It's a fact.  Denying it?  Is ignorant.  (YOU aren't ignorant, but that certain belief IS.)

We were given authority over EVERYTHING.  We may eat of anything that God gave us.  You can't deny the way human bodies "work," you know?

It does not compute.

If you, or your child/husband/mother/etc. were dying of starvation?  You would kill, cook, and eat, AS WELL as harvest, cook and eat.

That's just how we're made, sweetie.
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #71 on: August 20, 2009, 04:21:54 PM
My family havent eaten meat for generations, I'm healthy thanks.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #72 on: August 20, 2009, 04:25:33 PM
The women have.
Look dude, there's only one thing I like that starts with Hot Black Co- and it doesn't end in 'ffee'.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #73 on: August 20, 2009, 04:26:31 PM
According to the videos I've seen, they don't swallow. But they wear it well.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #74 on: August 20, 2009, 04:27:30 PM
You saw the wrong Vids.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #75 on: August 20, 2009, 04:29:39 PM
I like to see the matching pulsations of his shaft and her throat as the transaction is made. It's called proof.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #76 on: August 20, 2009, 04:37:45 PM
The women have.

And the women have a lot of health problems... hmm...

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #77 on: August 20, 2009, 04:40:43 PM
We were talking about cock, Sakhi.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #78 on: August 20, 2009, 04:44:32 PM
So was I.

I should go get myself a better sense of humour.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 04:45:02 PM by Sakhi »

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #79 on: August 20, 2009, 04:48:09 PM
I dont fucking push my beliefs on people but for some reason they have every right to do it to me.[/img]

Tell them to shut it, just like we (on the opposite side) are saying.

I DO know what you mean about the godless thing, though. Some atheists get positively RABID about religion, and sometimes they have it all very very wrong. Many of them hate because they don't understand the mechanics of an ideology, or they look back 500 years and scorn a belief system for past mistakes. It makes those of us (non preachy atheists) look pretty bad.

Then again, we are all very very aware of how preachy the religious can get. And Im not just talking Christians, either.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #80 on: August 20, 2009, 05:09:01 PM
Skybox, right up here in section La-Di-Dah.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #81 on: August 20, 2009, 05:17:25 PM

Tell them to shut it, just like we (on the opposite side) are saying.

I DO know what you mean about the godless thing, though. Some atheists get positively RABID about religion, and sometimes they have it all very very wrong. Many of them hate because they don't understand the mechanics of an ideology, or they look back 500 years and scorn a belief system for past mistakes. It makes those of us (non preachy atheists) look pretty bad.

Then again, we are all very very aware of how preachy the religious can get. And Im not just talking Christians, either.

No one here knows a fuck about Hinduism yet they all like to bash it.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of the shut it method. It doesnt solve anything, doesn't even get them to shut up...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 05:25:06 PM by Sakhi »

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #82 on: August 20, 2009, 05:23:42 PM

The thing is, we, humans, were MEANT to be omnivores ~ we need the proteins and things we don't even know about yet, from MEAT.

There really isn't any getting over that.

It's a fact.  Denying it?  Is ignorant.  (YOU aren't ignorant, but that certain belief IS.)

We were given authority over EVERYTHING.  We may eat of anything that God gave us.  You can't deny the way human bodies "work," you know?

It does not compute.

If you, or your child/husband/mother/etc. were dying of starvation?  You would kill, cook, and eat, AS WELL as harvest, cook and eat.

That's just how we're made, sweetie.

The best study comparing vegetarian diets practiced by the Seventh Day Adventists to the general population indicates that a vegetarian diet results in a 1.5-2 year increase in life expectancy.

Statistical studies comparing dietary patterns generally show better health outcomes for diets composed of low volumes of meat and high volumes of vegetables.

Also, the protein studies about mixing & matching vegetable proteins to meet requirements were debunked years ago.  You can obtain well above the minimum protein requirement of 10% of caloric intake from vegetable sources.  The one thing that is true is that vegetarians and vegans especially can be prone to Vitamin B deficiency - which is why many things like soy milk are fortified with Vitamin B.

Humans can eat a healthy diet in many varied ways - meat or no meat.  We're not meant to eat any particular thing, which is one of the reasons humans have been so successful - we're not tied to a particular habitat or food source.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #83 on: August 20, 2009, 05:49:39 PM
My family havent eaten meat for generations, I'm healthy thanks.

so you say, but...

your brother is in juvenile diabetes;

your mother cannot tolerate eggs.

Why?  What could possibly cause those conditions?

Are they taking Amino acids to replace what they're missing from meat?

Have y'all ever TRIED meat, to see how your family would react?

This isn't meant to be argumentative, but it's something YOU need to examine, and ask YOURSELF, eh?

Sweetie?  If you are denying the very basics of human nature?  There's something bad the matter...

That's Science AND my God.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 05:51:14 PM by fyrenza »
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #84 on: August 20, 2009, 05:57:23 PM
My mother has never eaten eggs in her life. There is nothing about tolerating it. I don't know where you got that from Fy but there's nothing medical about it.

Her parents thought eating egg was bad, that it is still meat. That is all.

And yes my brother is diabetic. That doesn't mean it's directly due to not eating meat. I know a girl of my age who is also diabetic. She eats a plenty meatz.

There's an increase in diabetes here anyway, and most people here are meat eaters. Methinks it's something else.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #85 on: August 20, 2009, 06:06:58 PM
high fructose corn syrup?

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #86 on: August 20, 2009, 06:17:39 PM
...sure.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #87 on: August 20, 2009, 06:29:39 PM

Wrong and wrong. Please do not confuse the enlightened  periphery with the ignorant rabble. KTHX

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #88 on: August 20, 2009, 06:33:03 PM

Wrong and wrong. Please do not confuse the enlightened  periphery with the ignorant rabble. KTHX

Here geographically, not here in LG, brah.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #89 on: August 20, 2009, 06:33:25 PM

Are you kidding me? When? I don't think anyone here even cares about Hinduism.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of the shut it method. It doesnt solve anything, doesn't even get them to shut up...

I like to give people enough rope to hang themselves, such as when you let a 16 year old girl who doesn't even prepare her own meals tell you how you should feed yourself.

Quote from: emp
The best study comparing vegetarian diets practiced by the Seventh Day Adventists to the general population indicates that a vegetarian diet results in a 1.5-2 year increase in life expectancy.

Statistical studies comparing dietary patterns generally show better health outcomes for diets composed of low volumes of meat and high volumes of vegetables.

Not that it's has any relevance, but man, my ex-wife had a 7th day branch of the family, and they were the biggest, fattest vegetarians ev4r!

Only a 1.5 to 2 year increase in life expectancy is pretty dismal for living a life of pious self-deprivation of meat. What would be interesting is a quality of life metric. Did they have fewer health problems during their later years? Were they more alert, or active? What about prescription medicines, did they take more, less, or the same, and what were those medicines meant to treat?

That type of data would be great.

Also, there have been studies done with mice that showing that a reduction in overall calories creates a longer life span, so a natural question would be whether the 1.5 to 2 year increase in life span was due to the elimination of meat itself, or was it a by-product of diet containing fewer calories overall?

KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #90 on: August 20, 2009, 06:34:08 PM

noted.
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #91 on: August 20, 2009, 06:38:31 PM

noted.
Cool.

Sorry, I rarely differentiate between here irl and here online.

I like to give people enough rope to hang themselves, such as when you let a 16 year old girl who doesn't even prepare her own meals tell you how you should feed yourself.
I didn't tell you how to feed yourself.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #92 on: August 20, 2009, 06:44:22 PM
What are you, HoJo now?

Srsly.
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #93 on: August 20, 2009, 06:46:24 PM

Are you kidding me? When? I don't think anyone here even cares about Hinduism.

Quote from: emp

Not that it's has any relevance, but man, my ex-wife had a 7th day branch of the family, and they were the biggest, fattest vegetarians ev4r!

Only a 1.5 to 2 year increase in life expectancy is pretty dismal for living a life of pious self-deprivation of meat. What would be interesting is a quality of life metric. Did they have fewer health problems during their later years? Were they more alert, or active? What about prescription medicines, did they take more, less, or the same, and what were those medicines meant to treat?

That type of data would be great.

Also, there have been studies done with mice that showing that a reduction in overall calories creates a longer life span, so a natural question would be whether the 1.5 to 2 year increase in life span was due to the elimination of meat itself, or was it a by-product of diet containing fewer calories overall?

I don't think they controlled for overall caloric intake.  Vegetarians do have lower rates of cancer, diabetes, hypertension, and other cardiovascular disease.  I don't remember how much lower, though.  After hearing the horror stories one of my friends who recently graduated from medical school told about the elderly diabetics, that is one disease I absolutely want to do as much as possible to avoid.

Some studies claim the life expectancy is as much as 10 years longer.  The seventh day adventist one is pretty conservative in its findings - I think because the authors tried to control for as many lifestyle differences versus an average American as possible.

I think in France they've shown that people who eat the mediterranean diet in the south have higher life expectancies than the more meat laden diets of the north.  

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #94 on: August 20, 2009, 06:52:19 PM
The mediterranean diet has proven to be a very healthy one.

Personally, I'd happily trade a healthier end life over an extra 10 shitty years.
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #95 on: August 20, 2009, 06:53:01 PM
What are you, HoJo now?

Srsly.

I've still got all my hair, so no.

But I meant when I say 'here' i rarely say or explain whether I'm talking about irl or online.

I'm just no good with words.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #96 on: August 20, 2009, 07:00:40 PM

Personally, I'd happily trade a healthier end life over an extra 10 shitty years.

I'll off myself if my mind start to go.  I think that's my line in the sand.  Alzheimer's or something like that.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #97 on: August 20, 2009, 07:08:43 PM
10 years. Life is short enough already. I'd rather enjoy what I have while I'm here. If I burn twice as brightly for half as long, I'm cool with it.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #98 on: August 20, 2009, 07:22:29 PM

I'll off myself if my mind start to go.  I think that's my line in the sand.  Alzheimer's or something like that.

This guy had felt unwell for months, so he decided to see his doctor. The doctor examined him and referred him to the hospital to see various specialists. After a couple of weeks, all the test results came through, he returned to see his doctor.

"I'm very sorry", said the doctor. "I'm afraid I have bad news and worse news."

"Tell me the worst."

"I'll be honest, you have cancer, you'll be dead in three months."

"Shit! " said the guy. "What on earth is the bad news?"

"You also have Alzheimer's Disease."

"Alzheimer's? Oh well, at least I don't have cancer."
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #99 on: August 20, 2009, 08:09:57 PM
droll

I think the Japanese have a high life expectancy, and the traditional Japanese diet had little or no meat (barring fish) in it altogether. Not sure how happy you'd be on a diet of seaweed, tofu and the occasional clam.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #100 on: August 20, 2009, 11:33:29 PM
My mother has never eaten eggs in her life. There is nothing about tolerating it. I don't know where you got that from Fy but there's nothing medical about it.

And yes my brother is diabetic. That doesn't mean it's directly due to not eating meat. I know a girl of my age who is also diabetic. She eats a plenty meatz.

There's an increase in diabetes here anyway, and most people here are meat eaters. Methinks it's something else.

yes, for your bro, there are other considerations and he has some excellent reasons to remain vegan, but what about you, when you live your own life?

Do YOU feel like meat is abhorrent?

i wonder, because we may all have to come to grips with being hunter/gathers again, and you eat whatever there is, you know?

See, i would starve to death before i ate raw meat or human flesh or drank horse's blood to stave off dying of thirst.  i would just throw it back up if i tried, so why trouble my insides by killing something i won't be able to keep down?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 11:34:58 PM by fyrenza »
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #101 on: August 20, 2009, 11:50:33 PM
mmmmm... basashi

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #102 on: August 21, 2009, 01:28:46 AM
Anybody try the Chophouse Cheddar Burger at Whataburger? It's slightly amazing.

Also, I've always wanted to eat here:

A Meal To Die For

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #103 on: August 21, 2009, 09:48:26 AM
Anybody try the Chophouse Cheddar Burger at Whataburger? It's slightly amazing.

Also, I've always wanted to eat here:

Haha...ew. Obviously the waitresses don't eat there.

The fries are cooked in lard.."Good, old fashioned, healthy lard"
If they run out they can just render one of their customers...

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #104 on: August 21, 2009, 09:50:03 AM
I'd pay to watch that.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #105 on: August 21, 2009, 09:53:19 AM
The harpoons, man them.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #106 on: August 21, 2009, 10:19:15 AM
I want to go to that place.
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #107 on: August 21, 2009, 10:20:14 AM
mmmmm... basashi

If I ever visit Japan, I guess I will have to try it!

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #108 on: August 21, 2009, 11:19:47 AM
word on the street is a korean diet is where it's at if longevity is the desired goal. which, for many of you flesh and cholesterol lovers out there, is clearly not the case.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #109 on: August 21, 2009, 11:22:31 AM
I ain't eatin no bugs and pets.
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #110 on: August 21, 2009, 11:29:26 AM
If you don't believe it, marry one. Life is very, very long...

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #111 on: August 21, 2009, 02:04:05 PM

yes, for your bro, there are other considerations and he has some excellent reasons to remain vegan, but what about you, when you live your own life?

Do YOU feel like meat is abhorrent?

i wonder, because we may all have to come to grips with being hunter/gathers again, and you eat whatever there is, you know?

See, i would starve to death before i ate raw meat or human flesh or drank horse's blood to stave off dying of thirst.  i would just throw it back up if i tried, so why trouble my insides by killing something i won't be able to keep down?

What the hell are you going on about? We are NOT vegan. We are vegetarian.

And no, I have no plans to start eating meat.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #112 on: August 21, 2009, 02:17:10 PM
Does the man your parents are going to make you marry know that?
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #113 on: August 21, 2009, 02:20:45 PM
Yes, I do.

I mean... he does.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #114 on: August 21, 2009, 02:25:31 PM
Great, I didnt know I was getting into a biding war.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #115 on: August 21, 2009, 02:39:20 PM
Bring it, cancer man.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #116 on: August 21, 2009, 02:46:02 PM
Cancer man, now that's a superhero you can rely on.

Does the man your parents are going to make you marry know that?

Know that I won't eat meat? If they found me a guy they wouldn't consider a non vegetarian dude anyway...

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #117 on: August 21, 2009, 03:34:55 PM
You know what we all meant.
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #118 on: August 21, 2009, 04:08:34 PM
Oh wait... I got it.. sorry...

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #119 on: August 22, 2009, 05:54:43 PM
What the hell are you going on about? We are NOT vegan. We are vegetarian.

And no, I have no plans to start eating meat.

Wow, i'm sorry, Sakhi ~ i was trying to "cover all the bases" ~ the no egg thang, ...

Anyway, sorry about that! ;)
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #120 on: August 22, 2009, 09:16:46 PM
I just have to say, eggs with curry powder are the bomb.
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #121 on: August 23, 2009, 03:42:10 AM
Did you know it takes three acres of grain to produce one pound of beef?

Did you know that three acres of grain tastes like shit with a baked potato?

It's called progress, you maladapted dietary Luddites.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #122 on: August 23, 2009, 09:12:21 AM
Did you know that bovine growth hormones are causing male children to be born with extra testicles, have larger genitals, causing female children to grow taller and have huge breasts and be lactose intolerant (yes I'm talking about you and Detroit, Geek)?

Did you know that?

No, I don't really care because I don't drink milk or eat much beef, I was just wondering if you knew. And girls are getting their boobies at like age 9 because of this.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #123 on: August 23, 2009, 09:28:56 AM
he has two, count em, TWO balls!

The rest.... however, is fact.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #124 on: August 23, 2009, 09:33:12 AM
he has two, count em, TWO balls!

The rest.... however, is fact.

What a fucking maladapted dietary Luddite.  How do you function in the modern world without a third testicle?!?  You should start injecting him with bovine growth hormone directly and attempt to rectify this disaster.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #125 on: August 23, 2009, 09:38:34 AM
actually, im just waiting for the day you ask me out.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #126 on: August 23, 2009, 09:46:28 AM
You fucking whore! I've been hitting on your for years!

It's the shaved head and the MMA classes isn't it?

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #127 on: August 23, 2009, 09:50:35 AM
No, it's because I have 5 testicles.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #128 on: August 23, 2009, 09:52:26 AM
Oh. Never mind then.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #129 on: August 23, 2009, 10:02:12 AM
im a woman of excess, what can I say?

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #130 on: August 23, 2009, 12:00:40 PM
I just have to say, eggs with curry powder are the bomb.

Fuck yes. Also, try coating some home fries in egg, then rolling them in a mixture of curry powder and flour. Fry and serve with a mixture of ketchup and hot sauce.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 03:55:51 PM by FAH-Q »

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #131 on: August 24, 2009, 04:50:44 AM
This eggs and curry powder thing sounds awesome, especially when combined with other things and frying. Please elaborate. Thx

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #132 on: August 24, 2009, 10:56:10 AM
I'm not nearly as advanced as Si is. I just cook some scrambled eggs and then sprinkle some curry powder on them.
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #133 on: August 24, 2009, 10:58:08 AM
This eggs and curry powder thing sounds awesome, especially when combined with other things and frying. Please elaborate. Thx

Curried eggs sandwiches are the best.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #134 on: August 24, 2009, 12:08:47 PM
Sakhi, tell us some curry recipes :D
~
A pleasant man with a pleasant weapon

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #135 on: August 25, 2009, 06:15:34 AM
I just validated the curry powder + egg theory. Fabulous. I did a simple omelette, and about 30 seconds before flipping it I sprinkled on curry powder and a smidgeon of cheddar.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #136 on: August 25, 2009, 09:20:25 AM
Yummy!
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #137 on: August 25, 2009, 09:30:07 AM
You know what's yummy? Egg noodles + butter + Parmesan/Romano cheese

That's my favorite quick meal ^_^
~
A pleasant man with a pleasant weapon

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #138 on: August 25, 2009, 10:11:32 AM
butter...

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #139 on: August 25, 2009, 10:35:36 AM
gross

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #140 on: August 25, 2009, 12:45:50 PM
Dogmatic vegetarianism is an eating disorder.
Caveat: The political and energy-use arguments favoring vegetarianism are pretty sound... For those of us who are in any way politically inclined...

I'm a circumstantial vegetarian. Too haphazard in my meal-planning and too broke to have meat be a regular part of my diet, I'd still jump at a free cheesesteak if one should cross my path. The fact that I'm primarily a de facto vegetarian came as kind of a surprise to me. I think if you're so self-consciously aware of what kinds of foods you're eating that you self-identify as a vegetarian, vegan, carnivore, or whatever, then more likely than not you're doing it wrong. Food is about taste for me, not about adherence to some arcane regime of dietary self-restriction.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #141 on: August 25, 2009, 01:33:49 PM
i happen to think eating meat and dairy products is disgusting. this is why i'm a vegan, not because i needed a group to which to belong or identify with. as far as eating as a means to please the tastebuds, i never liked the flavor of meat as a child, and when it comes to the cheese issue: the disgust and horror factors far outweigh my memories of the delicious flavors of the different cheeses of the world. besides, at this point i no longer crave said cheeses, as i've kicked the habit. cheese is an addiction. as far as not eating meat, in no way do i deprive myself of animal flesh. i haven't had any in over 17 years and would never go back to change my ten-year old decision to be a vegetarian. i'm even happier with my decision of a year and a half ago to go vegan. no regrets. no self righteous bullshit. no feelings of being restricted or forced to eat a certain way. it's the way i want to be, live, eat, whatever. why is this so difficult for people to grasp? it's a very simple concept.    
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 01:37:29 PM by hip »

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #142 on: August 25, 2009, 02:03:37 PM
If what you say is true then I find your defensiveness strangely inappropriate.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #143 on: August 25, 2009, 02:14:34 PM
why is this so difficult for people to grasp? it's a very simple concept.    

So is the concept of being OMNIVORES, meant to eat both meat and plants.

You are in denial over the BASIC NEEDS and instinctual wants, of your species ~ you're trying to pervert your basic being, into, what?  a certain genus of vegan monkey?

If you have to live by "vegan rules," how can you say you AREN'T restricted, or forced to eat in a certain way?  YOU ARE.  You can't just go ANYwhere to eat, can you?  Not like the omnivore folks.  When you DO go somewhere, that any type of food is going to be served at?  You're a pain in the ass, because you need "special" things added to the menu, and most things, taken out.

You've heard of the New Math?  Well, this is the "New Logic," where black is white, and 1 + 1 no longer equal 2, 'cuz we've got to argue semantics over 1 + 1 of what ?  Fractions?  Apple and Orange?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 02:18:27 PM by fyrenza »
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #144 on: August 25, 2009, 02:44:30 PM

my intention wasn't to come across as being defensive, but to simply defend myself and my diet. can you imagine the harrassment i deal with on a daily basis because of my diet? maybe not, but trust me: it's excessive, uneccessary, and quite often extremely uninformed on the subject. i don't tell other people (omnivores, in this case) not to eat the way they do or that they are inherently wrong in doing so. if nothing else, i may simply bring to light particulars that can answer the barrage of ridiculous and ignorant lines of questioning i face from the hordes of omnivores who want to put me into the same category with extreme-minded vegans instead of actually hearing the answers they initially requested.

this is the scenario: i generally mind my own business. folks ask me questions that i patiently try to answer in an unthreatening fashion so as not to elicit hostility. i am usually met with hostility. i am repeatedly told that i am an unhealthy individual due to my diet and that i'm going against nature (in some cases i am told i am going against god's wishes). there's nothing these people really want me to say except "you're right." the only way i can end many of these "discussions" (and i use the term loosely, as most of the time they are very one-sided)  i have to go with something to the tune of: "let's agree to disagree and change the subject." i am not going against my nature, and i don't believe in god. the end.

Fyrenza: you're an idiot. i don't think it's at all necessary to pick apart your post to explain why i think so.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 02:50:55 PM by hip »

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #145 on: August 25, 2009, 02:52:37 PM
You may not believe in god, but he believe in you.  And he believes your belly should be stuffed with pork, lamb, and anything else you can stick in front of the word "chops."

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #146 on: August 25, 2009, 02:55:29 PM
okay, you're right.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #147 on: August 25, 2009, 03:01:17 PM
Katie may be a vegan and enthusiastic about what she eats, but she is by no means preachy about it or judgmental of those who are non-vegan. We ate together at an outback steakhouse for fuck's sake. She had a salad, and I had a huge steak of some nature, and we happily discussed things completely non-related to what we were eating.

It's a shame people give you shit IRL Katie, because you're so far from the type vegan they're thinking of. But as meat eaters I guess we just hear someone's a vegan and lump them in with PETA and all that.

Personally, when it comes to vegans I think the ones who are doing it for health or environmental reasons are a-okay, but the "don't eat the animals because they're cute" nutcases need to get bent. Those animals would eat us in a heartbeat if the shoe were on the other foot.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 03:02:45 PM by krapsna »
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #148 on: August 25, 2009, 03:06:02 PM
Fyrenza: you're an idiot. i don't think it's at all necessary to pick apart your post to explain why i think so.

What a shock.
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #149 on: August 25, 2009, 03:14:14 PM
your post in question embodies the awesomely uninformed pile of pompous opinions i face regularly on the vegan issue. you provided a perfect example to back up my argument. perhaps i should thank you for your idiocy, in this case.  
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 03:15:59 PM by hip »

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #150 on: August 25, 2009, 03:19:38 PM
You may not believe in god, but he believe in you.  And he believes your belly should be stuffed with pork, lamb, and anything else you can stick in front of the word "chops."

not pork though, because they are scavenger animals and are unclean. and not cows, because they are holy!

oh yeah, and i <3 hip. she can eat or not eat whatever she wants.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 03:21:03 PM by tricky »

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #151 on: August 25, 2009, 03:20:44 PM
your post in question embodies the awesomely uninformed pile of pompous opinions i face regularly on the vegan issue. you provided a perfect example to back up my argument. perhaps i should thank you for your idiocy, in this case.  

Ah, so you aren't about to let the truth get in the way of your "beliefs?"

Again,

whut a shock.
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #152 on: August 25, 2009, 03:20:54 PM
And then the Son of the Lord walked out of the tomb and spoke to Mary, "Thou shallt stuff theyself with bacon, for it is the will of God." - Mark 48:36

And then Jesus went into the wilderness.  After fasting for 40 days and nights, he gorged himself on 30 Kosher beef franks in 36 minutes, setting what was then the Guinness World Record.  - Acts 16:94

The Bible is full of such versus.  

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #153 on: August 25, 2009, 03:22:11 PM

Again,

whut a shock.

the truth? omg ur a silly nincompoop.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #154 on: August 25, 2009, 03:22:18 PM
You may not believe in god, but he believe in you.  And he believes your belly should be stuffed with pork, lamb, and anything else you can stick in front of the word "chops."

not pork though, because they are scavenger animals and are unclean. and not cows, because they are holy!

WRong!

Jesus died to lift the Kosher dietary rules so that people could eat bacon!

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #155 on: August 25, 2009, 03:23:18 PM
unless you are jewish, of course.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #156 on: August 25, 2009, 03:23:53 PM
And then the Son of the Lord walked out of the tomb and spoke to Mary, "Thou shallt stuff theyself with bacon, for it is the will of God." - Mark 48:36

And then Jesus went into the wilderness.  After fasting for 40 days and nights, he gorged himself on 30 Kosher beef franks in 36 minutes, setting what was then the Guinness World Record.  - Acts 16:94

The Bible is full of such versus.  

LOL!!!

But, yeah, Christians were told that we were to eat of anything offered, and not to restrict ourselves over dogma and precepts.
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #157 on: August 25, 2009, 03:26:12 PM

Jesus also died to send all the Jews to Hell for not believing in him.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #158 on: August 25, 2009, 03:26:43 PM
Basing what we do or don't eat on religious scripture is fucking retarded.
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #159 on: August 25, 2009, 03:27:02 PM

Again,

whut a shock.

So you don't "believe" that human bodies were made to be omnivore?

Where's you god, now?  Where's your science to prove that?

It is what it is ~ the truth.

If THAT makes me a "nincompoop" in your eyes,

hey, w/e.
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #160 on: August 25, 2009, 03:27:15 PM

Jesus also died to send all the Jews to Hell for not believing in him.

Ha ha! That's a novel way of looking at it.
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #161 on: August 25, 2009, 03:28:11 PM

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #162 on: August 25, 2009, 03:30:21 PM
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #163 on: August 25, 2009, 03:33:37 PM
The fyrenza / hip exchange kind of reminds me of this:

Barney Frank Confronts Woman At Townhall Comparing Obama To Hitler
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #164 on: August 25, 2009, 03:37:53 PM

Totally man, totally.

So you don't "believe" that human bodies were made to be omnivore?

hey, w/e.

Human bodies weren't made for anything other than survival.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #165 on: August 25, 2009, 03:39:42 PM

Again, whut a shock.

So you dont "believe" that human bodies were made to be omnivore?
hey, w/e.[/color]

1. The word you're looking for is 'omniverous'
2. where is YOUR science? whose truth is this? have you ever done any research into how difficult and energy sapping it is for a human body to process animal as food? clearly not, or you wouldn't be so staunch in your stance that your way is the only way.

tell me, please: is ignorance bliss?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 03:46:39 PM by hip »

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #166 on: August 25, 2009, 03:48:12 PM
I was watching the news yesterday and these two Hispanic women with three kids each were interviewed at the grocery store.  The reporter asked them why they didn't have any fresh fruit or vegetables in their carts and one woman answered, "why would I buy a carrot when I could buy two hamburgers for the same price."  Ignorance is bliss, at least for mexicans.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #167 on: August 25, 2009, 03:52:15 PM
e so staunch in your stance that your way is the only way.

No where have i said my way is the only way ~ what i have tried to do is show that, by using the logic of the basic principles of things, being a vegan or vegetarian is not how your body was intended to function.  It was intended to function, properly, as an omnivore.  That's just fact, and truth.

Each one of us has the right to believe and do the way we please ~ Freedom of Choice.  If you make a choice that puts you into a defensive position, by choosing to go against the knowledge base, then prepare for folks to tell you you're wrong.

For YOU, you aren't,

but in the way things were made to work together, you ARE.

And that's all i'm trying to say ~ there is a basic truth at the bottom line.
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #168 on: August 25, 2009, 03:59:53 PM

2. where is YOUR science? whose truth is this? have you ever done any research into how difficult and energy sapping it is for a human body to process animal as food? clearly not, or you wouldn't be so staunch in your stance that your way is the only way.

Took all of what, 5 mins to find and read this:

http://www.disabled-world.com/fitness/vegetarian/omnivore-vegan.php

Carnivores, with their lean muscle mass and highly efficient quick use of available energy, have very short digestive tracts which are not good for digesting vegetable matter, but make best use of animal proteins and expel unnecessary mass from the body quicker. The argument in favor of the vegans is that the human digestive tract is not that of a carnivore.

In herbivores, the food takes longer to digest, and hence it remains in the digestive system longer. This means a longer alimentary canal, longer than humans have. Herbivores also move slowly, and a good example is the comparison of speed between the omnivorous chimpanzees and other small monkeys and the herbivorous gorillas and orangutans. On the one hand you have lean fast moving machines, while on the other you have large bellies and slow moving larger animals. Check out cows and sheep and compare their body fat with ours. Nor are we like herbivores.

Do you really need some huge posting of links?

http://membrane.com/synapse/library/health/diet/research/humans_are_omnivores.html

To the best of my knowledge there has never been a culture that has thrived as vegetarians.

All evidence (throughout the history of humankind) shows man to be an omnivore.

Depending mostly on climate conditions, the ratio of plant to animal intake varies. In colder and more severe environments, the meat in-take is usually much larger. This primarily occurs for two reasons:
1) plants won't grow. You can't eat what isn't there. (Ask an Eskimo. He'll know.)
2) the concentration of nutrients is much higher in meat than in vegetables. This means you can harvest less tonnage of food. It also means the culture can have less of an impact on the environment (then if they cut their meat in-take and became more herbivore-like.)

The reason humans have always been omnivores is because they have to be omnivores. The genetic make-up of the human is that of an omnivore. For the human body to properly function, it must have chemicals found in plants and animals. You could say humans have a chemical addiction to being omnivores.

Because of "survival of the fittest," there has never been a culture of herbivores. A human that tries to become a herbivore will cause physical damage to their neurological (and other) systems. A culture of herbivores would eventually wipe itself out.

The easier the catch, the more an omnivorous culture will thrive. Fishing tribes are often good examples of what plentiful meat can do to better society.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 04:07:26 PM by fyrenza »
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #169 on: August 25, 2009, 04:08:29 PM
fyre, this is pointless. nobody cares about your point except for you.

katie never said that humans weren't capable of eating meat. you're being a douche.
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #170 on: August 25, 2009, 04:13:15 PM
not how your body was intended to function.

Nothing about us was intended to do anything, in that we're just the result of a sequence of genetic events that resulted in our being here today.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #171 on: August 25, 2009, 04:14:14 PM
Speaking of being a douche...

WTF do You think this means?

have you ever done any research into how difficult and energy sapping it is for a human body to process animal as food?

Think she might be saying that eating meat isn't good for folks?

Yeah, i took it that way, too.

not how your body was intended to function.

Nothing about us was intended to do anything, in that we're just the result of a sequence of genetic events that resulted in our being here today.

Are you for real???
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 04:16:32 PM by fyrenza »
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #172 on: August 25, 2009, 04:32:56 PM
i cannot be held responsible for your misinterpretations of my clearly stated points. here's my schtick: humans don't have all day to lie around and process flesh as food, as, say, lions. in my research, i have learned that a human body can work most efficiently with little to no animal product intake, provided one is also consuming the proper combination of proteins and vitamins. THESE things are facts and they fit the model for how i am choosing to live my dietary life. of course people can consume animals. many love to do so.  do i want to waste my metabolism on such a thing? no. plus, ultimately, as i first pointed out, i just think it's gross.

i guess it's fun having a token moron around to argue with. keep on keepin' on, fyrenza.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #173 on: August 25, 2009, 04:56:51 PM
On the Lying About with a Full Stomach,

please see that second article i posted.  (That's what herbivores do ~ they're slower animals, for the most part)

And amazingly enough?  i don't feel any need to call you some form of "stoopid" in each and every one of my posts.  i don't generally disrespect folks like that, when they're serious about the convo.

Again, whatever.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 04:57:40 PM by fyrenza »
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #174 on: August 25, 2009, 04:58:18 PM
I think I ate a chicken salad in front of hip at El vez, didnt even know she was veg.  Didnt hear anything about being veg or vegan that I could remember. And didnt you say that your boyfriend eats meat? Preachy vegans can not date those who eat meat. it doesnt work that way. I wouldnt say you're preachy at all, hip.

But maybe people on the boards get hissy over calling someone's food "gross" just because you don't like meat. Or in another instance, something like: "Rotting chicken carcass" when referring to "roasted hen".
If youre joking or just poking fun, then thats one thing. But I think maybe some are taking it as you're not joking. Combine that with vegan and it could register to some as being preachy.

Fyre, youre not going to convert hip just like she's not going to (or trying to) convert you. So let it be already.

people like what they like - humans are pretty resilient. hip, if youre in town I'll make some great vegan stuff (always did in college for my friends)

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #175 on: August 25, 2009, 05:13:21 PM

my intention wasn't to come across as being defensive, but to simply defend myself and my diet. can you imagine the harrassment i deal with on a daily basis because of my diet? maybe not, but trust me: it's excessive, uneccessary, and quite often extremely uninformed on the subject. i don't tell other people (omnivores, in this case) not to eat the way they do or that they are inherently wrong in doing so. if nothing else, i may simply bring to light particulars that can answer the barrage of ridiculous and ignorant lines of questioning i face from the hordes of omnivores who want to put me into the same category with extreme-minded vegans instead of actually hearing the answers they initially requested.

I get you, man. Like the trickstar said, you can eat what you want to eat. I was talking smack about the preachy types who presumably invented the terms in the first place rather than the normals who now use the term only descriptively. If you've been vegetarian for the last 17 years, it's pretty clear it hasn't done you any harm in the body department. You rock those vegetables.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #176 on: August 25, 2009, 05:16:27 PM
But hip, don't you think this is hot?

KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #177 on: August 25, 2009, 05:27:07 PM
re: geek's post

yes, this and all if my boyfriends have been avid meat eaters. this one and the last one being talented chefs, both specializing in gourmet animal proteins. as for my l-g statements: i do feel freer to make pointed anti-meat comments here as opposed to in my daily goings-on, mostly because i do think eating meat is gross and i put up with my fair share of "mm katie get that delicious meat in you! down with tofu!" comments. all in good fun, in my opinion.

about an hour ago while editing my bookcase, i just re-found that picture of you (mello), krsna, and i outside el vez. weird!

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #178 on: August 25, 2009, 09:25:44 PM
I'm very informed on the "vegan issue". I didn't know it was an issue I thought it was a chosen healthy lifestyle. That I know longer practice, true, but I understand it completely.

It's people who ignore what is being pumped into their farmed animals that end up with horrible conditions. Like shrunken balls and hairy chins.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #179 on: August 25, 2009, 09:33:17 PM
my intention wasn't to come across as being defensive, but to simply defend myself and my diet.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #180 on: August 25, 2009, 09:52:08 PM
You know what, folks?  i really would have liked to discuss the vegetarian/vegan thing ~ i stated what my opinion is, asked what science had to say about it,

and, as usual, had to do my own research.

i didn't bitch about it, i stated a truth, that human bodies were meant to be omnivorous, and sort of expected a mature response about the good things about BEING a vegetarian/vegan,

but instead of taking a moment to even read my posts in the way i meant them,

you thought i was attacking you, somehow, and turned around and attacked me.

If i ever thought i might have this discussion with someone,

y'all have certainly cured me.

Thank you so much for setting me straight.
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #181 on: August 25, 2009, 10:05:54 PM
I agree with everything Krsna has said about food.

The only time I get pissed about different diets is when I have to spend a bunch of time reorganizing things at the last minute because someone wanted to bring along their friend/cousin/lovechild who only eats soy-beans and rye-bread. I organized this event a MONTH ago, invited guests to the place based on what the food was etc. Why should I have to give a fuck if someone not on the original list may not want to eat the food. YOU sort your shit out, call the fucking restaurant before inviting your guest at the last minute, and if it's not for them SIMPLY DON'T INVITE THAT PERSON and stop wasting my time.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #182 on: August 25, 2009, 10:08:01 PM
Meh. You get used to them. Anytime we attend a function and bring a dish, we check around to see who is vegan, or veggie, or Ovo/Lacto or Celiac. And adjust. It's no big deal. There's a whole internet of recipes out there.

Of course I don't eat that shit at home...

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #183 on: August 25, 2009, 10:09:35 PM
I'm sick of babysitting those Indian bastards

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #184 on: August 25, 2009, 10:10:18 PM
 I know precisely what is being pumped into farm animals: Deliciousness.

Human beings are opportunistic omnivores (like dogs, who evolved to become a companion species because of our dietary similarities) adapted to eating meat, to hunting, killing, and scavenging. Both the complex social behaviors which most efficiently obtain food in this manner, and the high density of proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals made available by the consumption of flesh were a significant factor in the development of man's superior intelligence. The development of the human brain requires a great deal of protein, animal protein, which is why women who do not consume meat during pregnancy tend to produce children with stunted mental development. Retarded? Not necessarily, but significantly short of their full potential.

You want to live off of wheat grass and soy beans*? Be my guest.

But do not presume to tell me it's better for the environment when you consume foodstuffs which typically have only a fraction of the nutritional density of meats and eggs, which means the shipping, processing, packaging, and reshipping of several times the mass.

Do not presume to tell me it is "cruelty free" or "more humane" when the thrashers, combines, plows, and other equipment required to grow and harvest your feed thrashes, combines, and plows countless fuzzy little bunnies, field mice, baby birds, stray Mexican children, etc. to bring your little feel-good farts to the table.

* You want to worry about growth hormones? Really? Try looking into the effects of a soy-rich diet on male physiology.

PS- Lions sleep heavily after a successful hunt for the same reason all cats do: They are ambush predators who gorge themselves on as much of a kill as they can cram down, and then drop off their activity level to conserve energy for the next hunt. It is a common survival strategy, and it is common because it works. Humans have a similar, albeit much less pronounced reaction to consuming a high-carbohydrate meal for much the same reason. It has nothing to do with the energy requirements of digesting meat, which is a much simpler process than digesting most flora (hence why most species which remain dedicated herbivores over a long enough period evolve multi-chambered stomachs... or a habit of eating their own dung) and returns much more potential chemical energy to the body. This is why it isn't just eating high-fat meats (like hamburger) that will act as a soporific; eating bread will make you just as drowsy.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #185 on: August 25, 2009, 10:13:33 PM
Oh go eat some farmed beef. Hope your shriveled balls fall off and rinse down the drain.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #186 on: August 25, 2009, 10:21:50 PM
I think it's pretty clear that I'm the last person around here who has difficulty producing his own testosterone.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #187 on: August 25, 2009, 10:26:57 PM
Sure it's not bovine or porcine? Gonna have some lil piggies maybe? Hmmm? Gonna... gonna have yourself a little calf to call your own? Gonna start your own farm?  Everybody wanna sing a few rousing rounds of Old McBalor? Hmmm?

God I've been waiting for the opportunity to do a Stewie tribute...

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #188 on: August 25, 2009, 10:59:58 PM

But do not presume to tell me it's better for the environment when you consume foodstuffs which typically have only a fraction of the nutritional density of meats and eggs, which means the shipping, processing, packaging, and reshipping of several times the mass.

Do not presume to tell me it is "cruelty free" or "more humane" when the thrashers, combines, plows, and other equipment required to grow and harvest your feed thrashes, combines, and plows countless fuzzy little bunnies, field mice, baby birds, stray Mexican children, etc. to bring your little feel-good farts to the table.

Okay, YES!  The whole WORSE for the environment thang ~ that's something i'd like to check into.

And check this out about the increased Longevity of Vegetarians/Vegans/Occasional Meat Eaters/Meat Eaters:

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/70/3/516S/T7

So, even though there are supposed to be so many health benefits to being veggie/vegan, a vegetarian has a worse longevity ratio than a regular meat eater.

Now, THAT's pretty interesting.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 11:05:14 PM by fyrenza »
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #189 on: August 25, 2009, 11:35:42 PM
my intention wasn't to come across as being defensive, but to simply defend myself and my diet.

I was watching the news yesterday and these two Hispanic women with three kids each were interviewed at the grocery store.  The reporter asked them why they didn't have any fresh fruit or vegetables in their carts and one woman answered, "why would I buy a carrot when I could buy two hamburgers for the same price."  Ignorance is bliss, at least for mexicans.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 11:39:19 PM by Doormouse »

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #190 on: August 25, 2009, 11:50:16 PM
Smaller = better in that chart.

Vegetarians, occasional meat eaters, and fish eaters all exhibited significantly lower mortality than meat eaters.  If you compare the overall numbers in the study, occasional meat eaters and vegetarians had the same overall outcome, whereas fish eaters fared slightly better.  

Vegans and meat eaters had approximately the same outcomes, though they couldn't account for the high incidence of lung cancer in vegans who were part of the study.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #191 on: August 25, 2009, 11:55:13 PM
Because we all SMOKE CIGARETTES????

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #192 on: August 26, 2009, 12:33:18 AM
Smaller = better in that chart.

Vegetarians, occasional meat eaters, and fish eaters all exhibited significantly lower mortality than meat eaters.  If you compare the overall numbers in the study, occasional meat eaters and vegetarians had the same overall outcome, whereas fish eaters fared slightly better.  

Vegans and meat eaters had approximately the same outcomes, though they couldn't account for the high incidence of lung cancer in vegans who were part of the study.

Yes!  i confused myself, by glancing at the FIRST line, and thinking THAT was the total.  Thank you for the correction!
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #193 on: August 26, 2009, 09:41:34 AM

All of these things have to be done in order to make the feed that is supplied to the chicken/ cattle/ etc. farms.

But we solved that problem by instead forcing the animals to be cannibals and just grinding up the sick, dead animals and feeding them to the other animals!

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #194 on: August 26, 2009, 10:47:28 AM
Oh go eat some farmed beef. Hope your shriveled balls fall off and are fried in olive oil and eaten by tricky's friends.

fixed.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #195 on: August 26, 2009, 12:55:58 PM
All of these things have to be done in order to make the feed that is supplied to the chicken/ cattle/ etc. farms.

You do realize that there is a considerable difference between bulk shipping grain from Farmland A to Farmland B and shipping it from Farmland A to processing plant, to factory, packaging it for individual consumption, shipping it to urban centers, and then distributing it throughout urban centers... at several times the volume and mass of meat/egg/dairy products of similar nutritional value?

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #196 on: August 26, 2009, 01:13:53 PM

But we solved that problem by instead forcing the animals to be cannibals and just grinding up the sick, dead animals and feeding them to the other animals!

Aside from the point that was pointed out by tricky - we're already growing, processing, and shipping tons and tons of corn to feed meat stock, it's also incorrect that meat is nutritionally dense.

Nutrient density usually refers to necessary vitamins & minerals / calories.  Meat & eggs fair pretty poorly measured in that regard.

The only measure by which meat has high nutrient density is if you're referring to protein density - calories from protein / total calories (or high fat densities for some types of meat).  And that's only relevant if you're seeking to eat a high protein diet to be a body builder or something.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #197 on: August 26, 2009, 02:15:27 PM
my boyfriend and a friend and i just had this conversation this morning-- the bodybuilding/high protein diet thing. Bf is friends with bodybuilder/former mr. universe jay cutler, and friend is a manhattan-based photographer who, for a stint, did bodybuilding competition photography. both said they've never seen people indulge in such an unhealthy dietary lifestyle as those they've known in that area. people fainting left and right pre- and post- competition, and jay powering through plates of meat on meat, most of these people ending up with heart problems and serious cholesterol issue.

setting the potential steroid issue aside-- granted, i am generalizing the bodybuilder. this is also a diet that exemplifies a polar extreme, and of course there should be green and/or whole grain and plenty of water on/with every plate as far as i (and most nutritionists) are concerned. it just goes to show how any one-way diet can lead to serious malnutrition, meat or no meat.

Re: Ugh, pain! Hurting! Reply #198 on: August 26, 2009, 03:08:49 PM
it just goes to show how any one-way diet can lead to serious malnutrition, meat or no meat.

Amen to that.