Quote from: Zoomie
...looked me up on MyLife (formerly Classmates). And I know who just from the person's age and town of residence.
Don't stalk me sweety. If you want the pork roll, just speak up.
Quote from: underclass
lol @ Danzig

In search of Russians(Read 4779 times)
In search of Russians on: February 18, 2009, 12:49:27 PM
I am not selling anything except perhaps my money in exchange for help making a Russian purchase. In other words I'm looking to hire. My Russian is quite terrible and I find myself in great need of an item which only costs 50-150 rubles there but ~2000 rubles to be shipped here. I'm not made of rubles, and I want to buy at Russian prices. Does anyone live near Russia and comes to visit often or have family in Russia who might visit or anything like this? I'd be willing to pay for everything including kicking back some for the person who helps me out. Any takers?

And no, this isn't something wild and illegal.

Re: In search of Russians Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 04:04:13 PM
The only russian guy I know is now over in the Middle East fighting for the US of A.
Go to these sites, and don't forget to tell your friends!
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: In search of Russians Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 10:02:35 PM
I live in Tokyo and know someone in Russia... what's the go?
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: In search of Russians Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 02:06:52 AM
I need a hardcopy version of the superior video game, Polnaya Truba (?????? ?????). This game can be purchased at Steam to be installed directly in North America, etc., but I'm a property rights fiend and I need the physical object so when Steam goes out of business I can still play the game. I've seen copies of this game in Russia selling for like 50 rubles. At that price, they're practically paying me to take it. Unfortunately these are the sellers who only ship to St. Petersburg and Stalingrad... I'd offer to place the order myself, but my Russian is just pathetic. I end up having to machine translate by copy&pasting one character at a time. I could find the cheapest site, though, if you and the friend want to split the orderer's fee... Actually, before going too far down this road I should ask what shipping prices are like...

Re: In search of Russians Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 06:39:54 AM
That game looks fuckin brilliant...

Might have to get a copy.

Re: In search of Russians Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 08:05:05 AM
Update: the game's out now in Germany so I got a copy shipped to relatives in Austria and now I am the proud owner. Luckily, the game is a non-textual point-and-click adventure with just mumbles and strange noises instead of words. So the only "problem" is the German menus... Hardly a real problem at all if you speak a German-influenced language like English.

Re: In search of Russians Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 09:06:43 AM
The only russian guy I know is now over in the Middle East fighting for the US of A.

That dude that was at your place when I was there? He didnt try to kill me, so good dude in my book.

Re: In search of Russians Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 11:14:46 AM
this game sounds like something I've read in a Viktor Pelevin novel.
"White people is stupid, yo." ~ random black guy from Memphis.

Re: In search of Russians Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 07:58:17 AM
I've never read his stuff. Based on this comparison though, I'll add him to the to-read list.

Re: In search of Russians Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 01:44:18 PM
Portal 2 was good.
Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.