Quote from: Zoomie
Topless grannys in a ragtop Studebaker. Grabs Dave's attention everytime...

New Forum for Survivalists?(Read 4589 times)
New Forum for Survivalists? on: August 28, 2009, 04:49:17 AM
Where hhBilly and Dilly can post their farming/ranching/survivalist stuff, and maybe bring in some of the posts from HF from their blog?

And you might want to ask Them what they'd like it Named...

Thank you!
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: New Forum for Survivalists? Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 05:02:08 AM
no thanks. try a little to adapt or move on. BBS software is relatively easy to configure, so if you really want a place where ya'll can feel like it's HF or RT or whatever then why not just make one?
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: New Forum for Survivalists? Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 10:17:07 AM
Post survivalist stuff in discontempt or in politics/current events/etc.  There are enough people already here interested in survivalism that we would read it or comment on it.

Re: New Forum for Survivalists? Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 10:46:11 AM
survivalist has such a ugly mystique to it,we prefer to look at ourselves are preppers that live a sustainable lifestyle.

and yeah, yall aint gotta go to no trouble like that for us.

besides, we are getting pretty spread out now. i found a funky shroom the other day and registered at shroomery to have it identified,so now i am there on top of the other forums i already visited and this one.

i can only post so much..lol

Re: New Forum for Survivalists? Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 02:38:21 PM
I don't want some of you to learn survival skills. Then you might still die prematurely and my dreams will come true.
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: New Forum for Survivalists? Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 02:44:50 PM
Ok, so it should be a secret forum.

Re: New Forum for Survivalists? Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 07:48:12 PM
Didn't hurt to ask ~ what with all the OTHER faux pas we've committed...

No blood?

No foul!
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: New Forum for Survivalists? Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 08:53:46 PM
HH is a REAL survivalist, unlike that Steve Quayle dipshit.

Re: New Forum for Survivalists? Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 09:06:31 PM
I know how to survive

cuz i know how to make knots

Re: New Forum for Survivalists? Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 09:10:12 PM
I heard your moms are good at surviving.  So good they created MANS (Mothers Against Not Surviving)

/nothin'
~
A pleasant man with a pleasant weapon

Re: New Forum for Survivalists? Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 10:53:40 PM
NO NEW FORUMS.

Play with what you got.

That is all.

Re: New Forum for Survivalists? Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 12:22:24 AM
More forums = more bullshit
~

Re: New Forum for Survivalists? Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 12:57:02 AM
FASCIST!!!
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: New Forum for Survivalists? Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 02:29:37 AM
I think the idea of importing posts and blogs from HF into LG is ridiculous.  I don't understand why that would be entertainment.  I agree with the idea for you guys to create your own new BB.

Re: New Forum for Survivalists? Reply #14 on: August 29, 2009, 04:55:24 AM
It would be an awesome idea if the threads were just comedy goldmines interspersed with nude pics of all the ladies.  But, alas, they aren't.....and importing a HF thread is like importing your dog's fresh shit into your house.
~

Re: New Forum for Survivalists? Reply #15 on: August 29, 2009, 07:45:24 AM
I think the idea of importing posts and blogs from HF into LG is ridiculous.  I don't understand why that would be entertainment.  I agree with the idea for you guys to create your own new BB.

Some of us can't get back to HF, to read the blogs,

not to speak of what's going to happen to them if HF disappears.

Perhaps you don't see the major plus in having reference material, ON SITE, but it would save hhBilly from having to RE-answer all the questions he's already answered in his blogs, and save space in the forums, but

i can see y'all's point about no new forums.

hhBilly?  Do you have the blogs hosted at another site, besides HF?
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: New Forum for Survivalists? Reply #16 on: August 29, 2009, 08:24:32 AM

hhBilly?  Do you have the blogs hosted at another site, besides HF?[/color]

everything from HF and much MUCH more is posted under dilligafs name on www.survivalistboards.com

its like a SUPER expanded version of what was on hip forums because folks are much more interested there and ask more questions. therefore a lot more information is complied.

we have little bits and pieces scattered on a half dozen boards besides that one as well but thats where everything is in one place. it can pretty much all be found in the farming and garden section there.

the only thing that aint there is our newly started mushroom thread but im sure it will get started there.

if i thought there was interest i would start posting those type threads here but from what ive seen here thus far i dont see the majority of this crowd being interested in the kind of stuff we are..

once again, i appreciate yall being interested in how we live and making the suggestion but i dont see where its worth the effort with this bunch..

not meaning anything bad by that statement,just some people aint interested in our lifestyle..
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 08:32:25 AM by hippiehillbilly »

Re: New Forum for Survivalists? Reply #17 on: August 29, 2009, 12:56:23 PM
Thank you, thank you!  AND Dilli!

i did a search for her name and threads ~ HOLY SHIT!!!  Y'all have taken a lot of time of y'all's Obviously busy schedule to share some really important info, and i'm MOST appreciative!

p.s.  i was already a member, but i lost track of where i was going, after that first banning?  (i'm a stoner, and had a lot going on IRL)  Anyway, these days, i've got a BookMark File for any-and-all forum memberships, so i'll see y'all there!
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: New Forum for Survivalists? Reply #18 on: August 29, 2009, 01:18:09 PM
once again, i appreciate yall being interested in how we live and making the suggestion but i dont see where its worth the effort with this bunch..

not meaning anything bad by that statement,just some people aint interested in our lifestyle..

You're just assuming, there hasn't really been the chance to show interest (other than by making a new forum)...

But whatever, your time, your choice..

Re: New Forum for Survivalists? Reply #19 on: August 29, 2009, 01:47:34 PM
Thank you, thank you!  AND Dilli!

i did a search for her name and threads ~ HOLY SHIT!!!  Y'all have taken a lot of time of y'all's Obviously busy schedule to share some really important info, and i'm MOST appreciative!

p.s.  i was already a member, but i lost track of where i was going, after that first banning?  (i'm a stoner, and had a lot going on IRL)  Anyway, these days, i've got a BookMark File for any-and-all forum memberships, so i'll see y'all there!

she is all about sharing her knowledge,she loves helping others learn. all that dilli deserves credit for. 

You're just assuming, there hasn't really been the chance to show interest (other than by making a new forum)...

But whatever, your time, your choice..

hey, im just going by what i have saw browsing the threads here,i have yet to run across a garden thread,much less a wild edibles or natural healing one.

so you are correct,i can only  "assume" that means there isnt a lot of interest in  it by the members here.

if im wrong i will stand corrected,but ive saw no evidence  here of that thus far.

Re: New Forum for Survivalists? Reply #20 on: August 29, 2009, 02:47:57 PM
So they may just not know a lot about it, doesn't mean they don't want to know.
Heck, it could be that there is just one person here with an interest in these things, not enough to warrant a thread or anything but interest anyway.

Course, don't take from what I've said that there definitely is interest. I have no fucking clue.