Quote from: FAH-Q
Yeah so no more blood and my lungs are way better today. I just asked myself what jesus would do and realized that the motherfucker would just heal himself, so that's what I'm doing.

The Perfect Storm: 2030(Read 3089 times)
The Perfect Storm: 2030 on: August 28, 2009, 09:27:40 AM

Re: The Perfect Storm: 2030 Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 09:53:38 AM
We are SOOOOO on the cusp of peak EVERYTHING. That's why I'm livin' large now. Old age is gonna suck more than usual.
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: The Perfect Storm: 2030 Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 10:03:28 AM
you're all invited to New Zealand. We'll be closing our borders in 2014
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: The Perfect Storm: 2030 Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 10:05:57 AM
I ain't got the mad skillz NZ needs. I'd get kicked out in 2011.

Re: The Perfect Storm: 2030 Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 10:07:28 AM
I ain't got the mad skillz NZ needs. I'd get kicked out in 2011.

you know about sailing... we'll trade an Indian who doesn't for you
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: The Perfect Storm: 2030 Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 10:11:23 AM
Deal. So when the polar icecaps melt and we have to live like that shitty Waterworld movie, you'll all know how to excape the smokers on jetskis. And krsna will tattoo a map of dry land on Tricky's firstborn, and then we'll carve out the blubber from Danzy and use his carcass to sail all of humanity to a new tomorrow.

This just... might... work.

Re: The Perfect Storm: 2030 Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 10:20:11 AM
Deal. So when the polar icecaps melt and we have to live like that shitty Waterworld movie, you'll all know how to excape the smokers on jetskis. And krsna will tattoo a map of dry land on Tricky's firstborn, and then we'll carve out the blubber from Danzy and use his carcass to sail all of humanity to a new tomorrow.

for now it's the best plan we got

Re: The Perfect Storm: 2030 Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 02:33:32 AM
I would have no qualms killing Danzig for use as a sail boat, or for sail boat/heating materials.

Re: The Perfect Storm: 2030 Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 05:03:43 AM
How would you counter the putrefaction if you were to make said me-boat?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 05:04:04 AM by ChemCaterpillar »
~
A pleasant man with a pleasant weapon

Re: The Perfect Storm: 2030 Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 07:35:01 AM
For the smell:  OZIUM!

well, and maybe some gas masks...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 07:36:20 AM by fyrenza »
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: The Perfect Storm: 2030 Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 11:41:59 PM

So, water levels globally would probably rise only about 100-120 meters if all of the ice in the whole world melted into the ocean.  We'd never be in a Waterworld-type situation.

Besides, the real concern with increased CO2 in the atmo is much more impactful to a Waterworld-type scenario than even the water levels...  CO2 dissolves into the ocean, increasing the acidity of the ocean globally.

Can't have a maritime way of life if all of the seafood is dead.
Like yours.  Only different.

Re: The Perfect Storm: 2030 Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 07:53:36 PM
Fuck you, Poindexter!