Quote from: ms. sarah mascara
I have a pile of arms, legs, and heads that need to be sewn onto bodies.  I just can't get up the gumption to do it.

Silly Dutch Cops...(Read 1688 times)
Silly Dutch Cops... on: September 06, 2009, 10:55:03 AM
THE HAGUE, Netherlands (Sept. 3) - Dutch police who mowed down what they thought were illicit marijuana plants were red-faced Thursday when it emerged they'd ruined a research group's giant, officially sanctioned field of harmless hemp.

Police proudly announced Wednesday that they'd found more than 47,000 cannabis plants, with an estimated street value of nearly $6.45 million concealed in a corn field in the Flevoland province east of Amsterdam. They mowed down half the plants only to be informed they were the property of Wageningen University and Research Center, a respected agricultural school.

The field contained a new strain of hemp that researchers hope can be a sustainable source of fiber, Simon Vink, a spokesman for the executive board of Wageningen University and Research Center, said Thursday. Hemp plants are related to marijuana but have only trace elements of THC, the mind-altering chemical that cannabis contains.

"The street value from a drug point of view is less than zero," Vink said.

*insert stoner laugh*
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: Silly Dutch Cops... Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 11:17:56 AM
Oh, police, what will you do next?

Re: Silly Dutch Cops... Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 12:45:05 PM
Which is precisely why i grow LOTS of the Texas Star High-biscuits (hibiscus) ~ they look EXACTLY like Herb, but bloom out beautiful flowers.  The thing i worry about is cross pollination.
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Silly Dutch Cops... Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 01:27:07 PM
Cross pollination between hibiscus and cannabis?

Re: Silly Dutch Cops... Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 02:03:09 PM
Yes.  But upon further study,

<~ STFU'ing
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity