Quote from: krapsna
Quote from: underclass
my town got burned down in the war, the bits that are left are pretty cool
Fucking Sauron.

working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc(Read 12546 times)
Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #30 on: September 22, 2009, 05:58:47 PM
My roommate just bragged yesterday about how she ran all the way to the lake that runs through the middle of town and back.  I wish she would brag about paying me back rent instead.

Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #31 on: September 22, 2009, 06:00:49 PM
I guess at least she wasn't bragging about buying some stupid shit?
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #32 on: September 22, 2009, 07:26:54 PM
i went for an hour and a half beach walk today. my ass hurts already.

i clapped and paddled around for a big group of seals to take notice and watch me for a few minutes so i had an excuse to take a breather. i am so very out of shape.

If you want to see a Metalfest penis flash, get in shape, dammit. How's that for meaningless motivation?

Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #33 on: September 22, 2009, 07:52:04 PM
I've done something to my lower back this year, and haven't been able to fix it. Hence I've avoided increasing the weights I lift for the last six months until I can get a 2nd opinion from a hospital in NZ.

Basically I'll do 20-30 minutes on one of those aero-walker things to not jar my back, then 30 minutes of weights. I normally do free weights unless I'm lazy or it's a leg exercise.

Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #34 on: September 22, 2009, 07:55:34 PM
That's pretty similar to my workouts. I might go a little longer on weights. How many days a week?

Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #35 on: September 22, 2009, 08:03:03 PM
3 or 4. Usually 3 because I can't do any free weights for the legs like squats or dead-lifts right now. I used to do a 10+ km run twice a week but since I can't really do that at the moment I'll try and go 40 minutes on the aero walker.... which fucks me up pretty well.

Oh yeah, I do use elastic resistance exercises on every other shoulder workout. I play baseball and there are a set of muscles in your shoulder which don't get any stronger from regular weights. It hurts like hell though
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #36 on: September 22, 2009, 08:05:34 PM
I wish I could run. I do hike pretty often, though, and usually up some pretty steep hills.

Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #37 on: September 22, 2009, 08:31:49 PM
yeah, I miss it. I hate doing cardio stuff indoors.

Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #38 on: September 22, 2009, 08:34:05 PM
I never enjoyed running. I can walk faster than a band of demons on my ass, but running kills my knees.

Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #39 on: September 22, 2009, 09:17:22 PM
You and me both, buddy. Knees and shins. Ugh.

Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #40 on: September 22, 2009, 09:36:19 PM
Gym in the basement = quality time reading loaded-gun between sets!

Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #41 on: September 22, 2009, 09:45:38 PM
Man, I wish I had my own gym. I mean, as is, the gym I go to is almost always relatively empty (it's an "Athletic Club", costs a bunch to be a member, and most of the old fucks who can afford it just lounge around the pool or have food and drinks at the cafe). But still, if I only had a basement or some other space I could put equipment, I'd much rather put my monthly gym payments into accumulating workout stuff.

Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #42 on: September 22, 2009, 09:48:24 PM
I'm trying to sell my xbox 360 so i can use the proceeds towards buying a power rack & forgo the regular gym altogether.

Right now, I've got a heavy bag, speed bag, chin up/dip/leg raise thing, bench, 25-50 lbs of dumbbells, and around 400 lbs of olympic plates to go with an olympic bar.

Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #43 on: September 22, 2009, 10:06:12 PM
the space it would take to have a gym would cost more per month than gym memberships for the three of us

Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #44 on: September 22, 2009, 10:25:47 PM
A chin-up bar and a pair of dumbbells (or a barbell) is all you need.
It's truly a shame I am no longer there to yell at girls to make out with you.

Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #45 on: September 23, 2009, 01:07:52 AM
If you're... HARDCORE!

Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #46 on: September 23, 2009, 03:31:03 AM
Hey, did you see Robert Deniro's character from Taxi Driver popping into the gym after a hard night's work washing the trash off the streets? Did you see him popping creatine and carrying around a little bottle of water all day?

Fuck no! He did calisthenics and put whiskey in his mashed potatoes, like a real man!

Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #47 on: September 23, 2009, 06:39:57 AM
Ooohhh tell me more!

I think I need to wear a more supportive bra, because every time I exercise lately the right side of my chest, under my breast, hurts.  It's really painful.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 06:29:47 AM by 13chemicals »

Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #48 on: September 23, 2009, 05:49:56 PM
 To cool down after a high-intensity workout, you should spend at least five-to-ten minutes menacing your reflection.

Running without support probably isn't much better for you than boxing without a titty-plate, which is known to increase the risk of breast cancer, so you you should probably do something about that.

...also remember to see me at least once annually for an oral examination (of your breasts).

Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #49 on: September 23, 2009, 09:00:16 PM
I would get some in my house, but I go at lunch to break up my day. Maybe when I move next I'll get some gear

Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #50 on: September 23, 2009, 09:05:34 PM
I have a set of 20lb dumbbells at home. It's about all I have space for, but there's a lot you can do with a set of dumbbells if there isn't time for the gym, or whatever. And 20lbs is a pretty versatile weight, I find.

Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #51 on: September 23, 2009, 09:43:27 PM
We did biceps tonight at the gym and it seems like I took a step back with what I could handle. Bench press, incline, decline... All 30lbs lighter than last week. I admit my impatience, but I don`t want to tear my body up either. Carrying 60lbs of ice in the to put inside our dead fridge actually felt good. There goes a grand.

Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #52 on: September 23, 2009, 09:46:35 PM
Don't jump your weight up too quickly. Get comfortable at a weight and then increase. I've been benching 215 for a couple weeks now, but until it feels easy I'm not moving up, despite the fact that 225 is a pretty nifty amount.

Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #53 on: September 23, 2009, 09:59:43 PM
20 lb sets are especially good for shoulder exercises.  

I don't move up in weight until I can readily do the high end of my target range.  If I feel like I was cheating the movement at all, I stick there another week.  While getting stronger is awesome, the most important thing is not to hurt yourself.

Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #54 on: September 23, 2009, 10:10:44 PM
While getting stronger is awesome, the most important thing is not to hurt yourself.

If we had a "solid advice" quotebox, I'd nominate this.

Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #55 on: September 25, 2009, 10:30:40 AM
Joining the JTF2?

its a possibility after bmq but depends on the job offer i get (which is supposed to come today) *crosses fingers*

Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #56 on: September 25, 2009, 10:34:40 AM
Good luck to you.

Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #57 on: October 01, 2009, 10:44:25 AM
Not relishing the thought of doing a 35 minute aerobic workout last night I gave the Tabata Protocol a shot... I'm pleased to say it's much, much more tolerable than doing some long, drawn out cardio routine and I plan on giving it a shot for the next month or so to see if it lives up to the hype.
Go to these sites, and don't forget to tell your friends!
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #58 on: October 01, 2009, 10:50:26 AM
Sounds pretty intense. How often are you gonna be doing it?

Re: working out/exercise/breaking a sweat/etc Reply #59 on: October 01, 2009, 10:56:14 AM
BTW did anyone hear about this?

Fuckin' dropped 275 on his throat. Jesus.

I've just been repping lower weights on the bench since I heard about that a couple days ago.