Quote from: bagman
Send me a link to Disco's FB. I still want to fuck her after all these years. She's legal now too, which is a bonus. It's about time I get back to my old bagman ways.
Quote from: mosh
Of obsessing about a female but not actually doing anything about it?

Diablo III(Read 8407 times)
Diablo III on: February 18, 2009, 10:09:05 PM
I've avoided World of Warcraft because I know I would get hideously addicted and not do anything else but I'm seriously eager for this game.... I played Diablo II for ages and it rocks.... can't wait. God.

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/?rhtml=y

I just hope it doesn't come out until July because I'm studying for a Ninja-level Japanese exam at around that time. If I pass it it's the pinnacle of qualifications for "Gaijin" - the only way I could study more would be to enroll in some specialized courses for Government negotiation. After July it's game addiction and "sake blog" time.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 10:09:42 PM by underclass »
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: Diablo III Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 08:03:50 AM
Whats a diablo?

Re: Diablo III Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 11:06:55 PM
I think it's a sex-toy for gamers.

I checked the site today for a release date... I think I'm starting to obsess about this game.
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: Diablo III Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 11:17:44 PM
Well, being obsessed with Diablo III is more productive than being obsessed with Duke Nukem Forever.

Diablo III will have a release date this century.

Re: Diablo III Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 11:18:41 PM
You should get it too and we can hunt the devil spawn together. Team Winnie Blue

Re: Diablo III Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 11:22:36 PM
I have dibs on the name "A mate called Wayne"!

Re: Diablo III Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 11:52:58 PM
I hate games with fairies and frodos, gremlins and gandolfs, role-playing and rump-ranging.

Fucking flaming faggotry!

Re: Diablo III Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 12:02:42 AM
I've never played such games... never bothered with MoRPG's at all.

If someone made a decent SciFi game like that, I might be tempted...

Re: Diablo III Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 03:52:07 AM
I know nobody asked, but here's my take on MMORPGs. They're all for shit. The game may be fun and the plot may be engaging, and I'm even wiling to say that characterizing them as glorified instant message chat services may be going too far, but what isn't going too far is noting that they are scams. Let's look at the history of online multiplayer gaming, shall we? Intellivision PlayCable? Dead. Atari GameLine? Dead. Sega Meganet? Dead. Satellaview? Dead. All of these services intended to exist forever and allow people to have these amazing multiplayer experiences have all died one after the other and this is the way of such things. There are grandiose claims and implications about the eternal nature of these services, but in the end they all die and we players are left with out hands on our joysticks like fools. Now not all multiplayer online gaming is terrible. First person shooters are notably fun and I dig that, but first person shooters are playable in their own right separately from the multiplayer aspects. These modern MMORPGs with their total lack of single-player mode just proves that the game-makers of today are getting more sophisticated. They can't just come out and say that replay value is a negative thing in their profession, but if they just keep from giving the player an actual game he can play without them then they smell like roses to the silly masses, and then when they go out of business or stop supporting their old products we players are again left with nothing but the equipment we bought to play their games. The same argument goes for this while online Steam-powered game distribution service. It's total crap. I can see right through it. They're trying to cut in on my property rights. No longer can we actually possess actual games. Now it's all possession of rights to games whose physical copies will be retained by the parent. Bah I say. Worthless.

Re: Diablo III Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 04:42:15 AM
I agree with most of that... particularly when you think of such online wonders as Second Life.

Really, if you incapable of having a successful real life, what makes you think youre going to have a successful Second Life? Note that success doesnt mean good job, house in the burbs, 2.3 children of indeterminate gender etc.

I also find modern games almost completely lack playability, let alone replay value. I have no idea how many hours I spent playing Galaga, or Bubble Bobble, but I kept going back pump another 20 cents in. Thing is, you could play those games like a motherfucker. Shit, people are still setting various records for some of those old games. Just watch King of Kong.

That said, Full Pipe look interesting. I'm not so hung up on physical ownership of software, mostly because I have excellent storage facilities. Then again, I do have a very large collection of original software for my Commodore C16/+4 hardware, that I have carefully built up over the last 8 years.

Re: Diablo III Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 12:00:37 PM
The biggest reason Full Pipe is so sweet is that it was created by the fantastic Russian animator, Ivan Maximov. I can't get enough of his stuff~

Re: Diablo III Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 02:20:32 AM
Over the years, I might've spent too much time on the internet.  And playing video games.

There's no fucking way I'd ever look at one of those life-sucking MMORPGs.

Re: Diablo III Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 10:37:24 PM
I agree EMP... I wouldn't mind giving WOW a try but I'd wind up doing nothing else.

Re: Diablo III Reply #13 on: February 28, 2009, 10:58:55 PM
WOW is a load of horseshit.  I shut it off after playing it for 30 minutes.  I don't understand how that entertains someone.  Seriously, I got more fun out of Maplestory.

And the only recent game that got me addicted as shit was Fallout 3.  I played that for 60 hours.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 11:04:08 PM by Drugmoth »
~
A pleasant man with a pleasant weapon

Re: Diablo III Reply #14 on: March 01, 2009, 08:32:22 PM
I've been addicted to Blizzard games for going on 15 years.  WOW is only the latest in a long line which Starcraft II and Diablo III will inevitably continue.
Pour the wine, hold the grind, quarter to nine, let's go.

Re: Diablo III Reply #15 on: March 01, 2009, 10:37:23 PM
Starcraft II! *clap clap clap*
~

Re: Diablo III Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 10:47:09 PM
Get a life.

Re: Diablo III Reply #17 on: March 01, 2009, 10:52:33 PM
~

Re: Diablo III Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 08:30:22 AM
This is not the forum for discussion about the Rape Barn.

Re: Diablo III Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 09:10:10 AM
Quote from: bagman
Get a life

Re: Diablo III Reply #20 on: March 02, 2009, 02:47:52 PM
Diablo I and II were fun.

I want to play this Diablo III. The Witchdoctor looks bad ass!
Go to these sites, and don't forget to tell your friends!
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Diablo III Reply #21 on: March 02, 2009, 03:00:33 PM
^^

Agreed, witchdoctor looks rapetits.

Check this out if you ahven't seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_ICADAFyDs

Boss emerges at 40 seconds.  Boss decapitates player in single swing at 1:10.
Pour the wine, hold the grind, quarter to nine, let's go.

Re: Diablo III Reply #22 on: March 02, 2009, 03:27:44 PM
Actually that looks fuckin sweet.
~

Re: Diablo III Reply #23 on: March 02, 2009, 07:05:55 PM
I was way into Warcraft 2 in about 1995 or so.

"Stop rocking the boat... you're making me seasick!"

I can also say that I've played Warcraft 2 in English, French, Spanish, and Catalan. I can't say the same about any other game.

Or much of anything else for that matter.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: Diablo III Reply #24 on: March 02, 2009, 07:07:28 PM
I still think Starcraft is the best out of them all.
~

Re: Diablo III Reply #25 on: March 02, 2009, 08:12:52 PM
I still think real life is the best out of them all.

Re: Diablo III Reply #26 on: March 02, 2009, 08:19:59 PM
I dunno, dude. Real life... Madden... Real life... Madden.......

OK, it's close, but real life still wins. Just.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: Diablo III Reply #27 on: March 02, 2009, 08:23:23 PM
I think Fallout 3 is leagues above real life.
~

Re: Diablo III Reply #28 on: March 02, 2009, 08:31:09 PM
JACK ATTACK!

Re: Diablo III Reply #29 on: March 03, 2009, 12:02:05 PM
Fallout 3 is good no doubt, but it can't compare to Fallout I and II. Those games created the formula and I don't want much change. Fallout III wasn't totally different, but it was considerably different. It's like comparing Doom III to Dooms I and II. I still prefer the originals. They're the games I grew up with - the formulas I understand.