Quote from: Wozzeck
One time, at art school, I dressed up like an androgyne and stuck a symbol of oppression up my gender-neutral cavity to symbolize how empty I feel inside.

Drunken Current Thoughts ... (Read 96210 times)
Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #150 on: May 19, 2009, 04:12:27 PM
My family calls those things "coozies". FML
you treat me like a monologue ho

Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #151 on: May 19, 2009, 04:24:19 PM
Oh, PM me your number and we can talk alllll night :)

Hmmmm

I shall seduce you in good time.

Current thought: My stomach is upset from all that beer. And I feel all weird. Fuckin booze.
Woah, talking about stomach upsets already? You really are quite the smooth talker.

Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #152 on: May 19, 2009, 05:01:14 PM
My family calls those things "coozies". FML

Tee hee.
~
A pleasant man with a pleasant weapon

Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #153 on: May 20, 2009, 12:26:55 AM
Oh, PM me your number and we can talk alllll night :)

Hmmmm

I shall seduce you in good time.

Current thought: My stomach is upset from all that beer. And I feel all weird. Fuckin booze.
Woah, talking about stomach upsets already? You really are quite the smooth talker.

He knows how I like it..

Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #154 on: May 20, 2009, 12:40:32 AM
They help a little, but even so would work better when using super-cold beers.

Okay, here's my idea.

1)  compressor from fridge/AC unit
3)  water pump
4)  10'-12' 3/4" tubing
5)  < 1 gallon resevoir

water pump brings fresh water into/warm water out of the resevoir.  compressor chills water passing through tubing, which is conveniently located outside.

beer sits in resevoir.

this should provide a conveniently cool beer for at least 3 people at all times.
Like yours.  Only different.

Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #155 on: May 20, 2009, 12:47:02 AM
Somebody should invent a small fridge. I'm sure hotels and motels would buy them by the boat load !
Quote from: FB comment
Look dude, there's only one thing I like that starts with Hot Black Co- and it doesn't end in 'ffee'.

Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #156 on: May 20, 2009, 01:11:18 AM
small fridges are inefficient.

in a fridge, you end up with liquid->solid->air->solid->air->solid->air for heat transfer.

my system has liquid->solid->liquid->solid->air->solid->air for heat transfer.

the more often that you're able to transfer heat through close phases, the more efficient your process becomes.

add:  This is why you have to keep a fridge door shut, but you'd be able to leave my chilled water device open to the air!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 01:11:58 AM by eitje »

Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #157 on: May 20, 2009, 01:30:46 AM
small fridges are inefficient.

in a fridge, you end up with liquid->solid->air->solid->air->solid->air for heat transfer.

my system has liquid->solid->liquid->solid->air->solid->air for heat transfer.

the more often that you're able to transfer heat through close phases, the more efficient your process becomes.

add:  This is why you have to keep a fridge door shut, but you'd be able to leave my chilled water device open to the air!

Dude gets it. I could make another stoned-ass attempt at using Texan stereotype of scorching Cowboyland to reflect on why Lucas gets how to properly chill birras, but I'd just fuck it up again so I won't. I will say that Aussies are supposed to know about beer-chilling methods. I mean how else do you get your Fosters nice and Frosty? Spot the joke.

They help a little, but even so would work better when using super-cold beers.

Okay, here's my idea.

1)  compressor from fridge/AC unit
3)  water pump
4)  10'-12' 3/4" tubing
5)  < 1 gallon resevoir

water pump brings fresh water into/warm water out of the resevoir.  compressor chills water passing through tubing, which is conveniently located outside.

beer sits in resevoir.

this should provide a conveniently cool beer for at least 3 people at all times.

Gotcha. So when are you coming down to build this genius contraption for me, hmm?
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #158 on: May 20, 2009, 02:03:20 AM
What would I know, I'm just a refrigeration mechanic.
Look dude, there's only one thing I like that starts with Hot Black Co- and it doesn't end in 'ffee'.

Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #159 on: May 20, 2009, 02:15:40 AM
Luke, what you need to make is an instant beer chiller. Something that will chill a beer to drinking temperature in 45 seconds. Then you need to bring it with you to Tokyo
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #160 on: May 20, 2009, 08:13:22 AM

then it was a pretty stupid thing to compare an air-cooling fridge to a water-cooling chiller, wasn't it?

Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #161 on: May 20, 2009, 08:14:56 AM
Luke, what you need to make is an instant beer chiller. Something that will chill a beer to drinking temperature in 45 seconds.
It could be done, but I don't think you'd like the beer afterwards.  The rapid temp change would probably force most of the CO2 out of solution.

But my idea for this would be a coozy (haha!) made out of many small TECs.

Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #162 on: May 20, 2009, 08:26:14 AM
Gotcha. So when are you coming down to build this genius contraption for me, hmm?
I bet you can do it yourself!

Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #163 on: May 20, 2009, 08:46:05 AM
then it was a pretty stupid thing to compare an air-cooling fridge to a water-cooling chiller, wasn't it?

Quote the compare... and I spent my time on chillers. Largets one was 6 ton inline chiller. Thats 6 ton in gas btw. A bar fridge will work better and be shitloads less trouble. The temp youre going to gain even on the shorter measure of the pipe you want to use is huge. Unless you wrap it. You want to fuck around with all that, go for it. a second hand bar fridge will be under a hundred bucks, no mess no fuss.

Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #164 on: May 20, 2009, 08:49:09 AM
Luke, what you need to make is an instant beer chiller. Something that will chill a beer to drinking temperature in 45 seconds.
It could be done, but I don't think you'd like the beer afterwards.  The rapid temp change would probably force most of the CO2 out of solution.

They already invented "instant" drink coolers. It was actually a can that had a CO2 charge or something around the outside, drink on the inside, made the can way thick, you pressed a button on it and the escaping gas chilled the drink.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 08:52:01 AM by homeless-joe »

Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #165 on: May 20, 2009, 09:00:03 AM
a second hand bar fridge will be under a hundred bucks, no mess no fuss.
i suppose that's price-accurate for antigua?

Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #166 on: May 20, 2009, 09:00:50 AM
They already invented "instant" drink coolers. It was actually a can that had a CO2 charge or something around the outside, drink on the inside, made the can way thick, you pressed a button on it and the escaping gas chilled the drink.
I can't imagine that it was a carbonated beverage.

Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #167 on: May 20, 2009, 09:02:44 AM
Yes, I just flew to antigua and back.

and I wouldnt have a clue about the instant can. I didnt mention anything about the drink being carbonated. i'll see if its on wiki.

edit : couldnt find the one i was looking for in two clicks, but i did find this one http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/03/20/tinchilla-instant-can-cooler-in-60-seconds/

edit 2 : 6 clicks, i found something that atleast describes it, sorta.. http://productinspiration.com/2007/instant-drink-cooler-with-no-ice/
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 09:10:31 AM by homeless-joe »

Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #168 on: May 21, 2009, 01:00:21 PM
I've been drinking so much lately that I can have 1 or 2 drinks and not feel a thing now. blah.

Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #169 on: May 22, 2009, 08:10:52 AM
had you been drinking when i called the other night?

Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #170 on: May 22, 2009, 10:07:05 AM
hmmm i don't remember. if i did it was like one drink.

Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #171 on: May 23, 2009, 11:56:12 AM
I've been drinking so much lately that I can have 1 or 2 drinks and not feel a thing now. blah.

This is normal.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #172 on: May 29, 2009, 02:28:59 AM
DCT: I'm coming off of DXM and discovered some alcohol! Weee!!!.......I wish Joy was here to chat with me :(
~
A pleasant man with a pleasant weapon

Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #173 on: May 29, 2009, 02:46:09 AM
WTBDCT: 3 more hours...
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #174 on: May 29, 2009, 09:44:48 AM
NDCT (non-drunk current thought): this forum is dead to me.

Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #175 on: May 29, 2009, 11:30:45 AM
NDCT (non-drunk current thought): this forum is dead to me.

have a beer, fool

Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #176 on: May 29, 2009, 05:38:51 PM
i think from now on i'm only going to drink vodka tonics. no water, no coffee, no nothing. just vodka tonic.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 05:39:38 PM by tricky »

Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #177 on: May 30, 2009, 02:14:21 AM
switch to citron-n-tonics for some added, lemony excitement!

Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #178 on: May 30, 2009, 11:17:21 PM
DCT: I'm coming off of DXM and discovered some alcohol! Weee!!!.......I wish Joy was here to chat with me :(

Awwww, I'm sorry. I was sick.  :'(

Re: Drunken Current Thoughts ... Reply #179 on: June 04, 2009, 02:35:30 AM
I am fucked up. Like right now. Fuck