Quote from: Libertine
When it comes to having unprotected sex with strange women in a disaster ravaged tropical hellhole, you gotta assume that if they made it this far and are still alive, that they are probably healthy enough to have a go round with.

flipcup(Read 2964 times)
flipcup on: October 26, 2009, 01:43:45 AM
Anyone ever play this? We've played a few days ago and again tonight, it's a blast.

You fill up eight (or however many players you have, divided into two teams) plastic cups with whatever everyone agrees on (in our case cider, cuz it's way smoother to chug than beer). You position the teams like this:

xa xb xc xd
-----------------
 xa xb xc xd

(line = table, x's = players)

And you start with one end or the other. Both xa's chug their cup, then put it right side up with the corner off the edge of the table, and have to flip it over and land upside down, at which xb can chug and then try to flip, and so forth. The losing team buys the next set of drinks, and you reverse the order, so the xd's go first.

Fun. As. Fuck.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: flipcup Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 01:54:27 AM
I think this is really standard fare in US fraternities.

There's a much funner variant of Beer Pong I just learned recently, but I can't remember what it's called. I'll post again when I remember.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 01:55:25 AM by Doormouse »

Re: flipcup Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 01:58:12 AM
I think this is really standard fare in US fraternities.

Yeah. I figured I was probably way late to the party.

Re: flipcup Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 02:09:36 AM
Same here, man. I played the game for the first time in 2007. Since then I've played it probably close to a hundred times. The kids in NJ are obsessed by it.

Re: flipcup Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 02:58:41 AM
It's a good one. It turns out I seem to be fairly good at chugging (if not so much flipping), too.

Re: flipcup Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 08:57:37 AM
I am extremely good at that game.

The first time I played that, some frat guy suggested that we come to his house and party sometime.  So we showed up on a Monday night when he was the only guy there and drank all of their beer playing flip cup.

Re: flipcup Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 02:15:25 PM
The way we were doing it, the losing team had to buy the next round. Your way sounds way better.

Re: flipcup Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 01:31:54 PM
I've never really gotten into drinking games. I usually do a pretty good job of pounding down alcohol on my own.
Go to these sites, and don't forget to tell your friends!
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: flipcup Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 01:44:25 PM
one sip one flip, bitches. i'm a proud flipcup champion. it's happened that i've been fought over when choosing teams. i learned my technique from my last boyfriend, who was really good at it-- he had been the party planner for his fraternity at plymouth state, so this makes sense.

nothing says love co-dependent alcoholism like winning a flipcup championship with your significant other by your side.

Re: flipcup Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 02:12:15 PM
I've never really gotten into drinking games. I usually do a pretty good job of pounding down alcohol on my own.
Same. I'll do it to be social, but I'm just as happy drinking like an adult.

Re: flipcup Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 03:02:08 PM
I play drinking games at other people's houses when they insist on playing them.  If I'm drinking free beer, I'll jump through the minor hoop of having to perform for it.

I'd rather just pass around a bottle of whiskey.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 05:13:25 PM by Emperor Reagan »

Re: flipcup Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 11:37:38 AM

Usually I agree with you, most drinking games suck. This one and the Tyler Florence drinking game are about the only two I've enjoyed.