Quote from: Zoomie
I've never tasted alcohol. Ever. Ask anyone.
Quote from: Emperor Reagan
It's true.  He takes all of his drinks rectally.

...so don't even think about it!(Read 21956 times)
...so don't even think about it! on: November 30, 2009, 10:53:44 PM
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 11:11:50 PM
it's a funny joke... however if anyone too big for me to kick their ass tried it I'd have them charged and (if they were foreigners) deported. They can chuckle away as they try to find work with a police record
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 11:24:52 PM
The concept of an in-school suspension is so weird. They punish little delinquents by suspending their education. First of all, most delinquents are just as happy to sit in the padded guidance office doing coloring-book exercises as anything else at school. There aren't a lot of these emotionally disturbed tykes that actually feel any loss of educational potential. It takes staff time to babysit them and ultimately accomplishes nothing more than alienating these kids from the rest of the class even more than they already were. It's a punishment for the parents and it's a punishment in the sense that the kid knows he's in "deep shit" whatever that means. The problem is a modern one. Teachers feel helpless. How else can you punish a 3rd grader?

I'll tell you how. Switches and Paddles.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 02:13:40 AM
The concept of an in-school suspension is so weird. They punish little delinquents by suspending their education. First of all, most delinquents are just as happy to sit in the padded guidance office doing coloring-book exercises as anything else at school. There aren't a lot of these emotionally disturbed tykes that actually feel any loss of educational potential.

Worked for me. I waited till lunch hour and walked the fuck out. Haven't been back to school since.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 02:15:27 AM
bring back caning
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

SCHOOL'S OUT, BITCHES! Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 02:26:36 AM
They did, at the first secondary school I went to. I'd left a couple weeks before that, though, after my dad almost got in a fistfight with the vice principal.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 02:36:32 AM
Meh... kids and South Park.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 07:27:21 AM
Yeah I should clarify I'm not saying the Ginger Day kids were particularly deserving of corporal punishment. I just think they should bring it back. Toughen the little fucks up.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 12:12:50 PM
We were talking about gingers today at lunch. I'll told a joke I know I've posted for zoomie before.

"There was a little boy reading harry potter, as he read his mother heard him saying 'this is unbelievable! completely unrealistic!'
she said to him 'bit old for magic stories now then?'
he replied 'it's not that, i just can't believe the ginger kid had two friends!'"

Twas funny.

It takes staff time to babysit them and ultimately accomplishes nothing more than alienating these kids from the rest of the class even more than they already were.
alienating? the kids that got isolation at my old school were the ones never alone.

Yeah I should clarify I'm not saying the Ginger Day kids were particularly deserving of corporal punishment. I just think they should bring it back. Toughen the little fucks up.
The e-crush is over.  :'(

that's also the first time ive used a smilie in a post here, i think.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 12:13:47 PM by Sakhi »

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 12:22:02 PM
C'est la vie.
I was raised on spankings.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 12:27:25 PM
Whereas I've never received one.

The kids that did this stuff at my old school were the kids that didnt get any kind of discipline at home, I can't believe that spanking kids at school but not disciplining them at home will help.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #11 on: December 01, 2009, 12:41:49 PM
Pain trains people. It works on a person's most fundamental level. So I think it would help the teacher maintain a totalitarian hold.
There are clearly areas where the system breaks down. Sadistic teachers, misunderstood kids, etc.
I was probably being overly hyperbolistic.

My favorite solution to bad behavior is school is to make school voluntary. None of this state-mandated education. If kids want to give up on school let them. If their parents force them that's one thing, but to have a legal requirement... That's silly. And forget about in-school suspensions. Send the kids home of they misbehave.

There are problems here too, of course. The uneducated will still get to vote in elections. So we have to make votes correspond to intellectual achievements. You get one extra vote per year of school finished or something.

Then we run into systemic bias against minorities. So there are problems everywhere.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #12 on: December 01, 2009, 12:47:28 PM
Pain trains people and bullying builds character.
Because as far as I'm concerned, a teacher beating a child is nothing more than bullying.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #13 on: December 01, 2009, 01:06:46 PM
Some teachers are nice people.
I can attest to the fact that my parents weren't bullying me in the traditional sense when I was spanked. It really was a "this is for your own good" kind of thing whereas bullying is a "this is for my enjoyment" kind of thing.
For teachers that would employ spankings judiciously I see no problems.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #14 on: December 01, 2009, 01:13:22 PM
I think its a very different thing to be hit in your own home by your parents than at school with your classmates and by a teacher.

EDIT: also, http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=29081979545
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 01:17:38 PM by Sakhi »

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #15 on: December 01, 2009, 01:24:50 PM
Yeah you're right. We should probably enable the problem kids by letting them play in the "time out zone" in the guidance office as punishment for bullying. That way their feelings might not get hurt and then we can alleviate the disastrous effects it might have on their self-consciousness years down the road. When they get back from "time out," their classmates are sure to recognize that they've been rehabilitated just like society welcomes rehabilitated criminals back with open arms. The important thing is that as long as nobody gets a bruise we'll all get to turn those frowns upside down. This will ultimately bring down crime and make us safer and happier as a society - certainly happier than society was in the old black and white days when we hadn't yet discovered feelings.

EDIT: I'm only half serious. I don't really relish the idea of hurting kids. I think if you're a good teacher you inspire so much respect that the students will trip over themselves to please you. Teachers that punish their students physically are publicly demonstrating that they've failed to achieve this degree of respect and that they've failed miserably. I was rarely in trouble as a kid, but I remember that witnessing punishment being meted out tended to lower my opinion of the teacher. So don't worry that I'd be opposing anyone on this issue at the PTA. I'm just playing advocate to a dark and sulfurous master.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 01:39:23 PM by Doormouse »

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #16 on: December 01, 2009, 01:53:51 PM
Pssh, your problem is that you're just not going back far enough.
We need to go back to the days of the rack, torturing methods like no sleep, no food.

The cane's too weak, only wimps fear that.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #17 on: December 01, 2009, 02:03:36 PM
Are you imagining that I don't already have a dungeon with restraints and ball-gags set up for any and all cute under-agers that happen to wander in?...
...Because I'm Chris Hansen with Dateline NBC and we're doing a story on adults who buy prefab dungeons.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #18 on: December 01, 2009, 02:18:20 PM

My favorite solution to bad behavior is school is to make school voluntary. None of this state-mandated education. If kids want to give up on school let them. If their parents force them that's one thing, but to have a legal requirement... That's silly. And forget about in-school suspensions. Send the kids home of they misbehave.

I've said this in the past too. Schooling should be voluntary. If you don't want to learn how to read and such stuff then you can pick tomatoes. Save us from needing so many illegal farm workers.

But the system has been set up in such a way that people are forced to work to survive and school serves the purpose of freeing up the parents to do productive work for corporations and the children can be trained by the system in state mandated schools to replace them when they wear out. It's close to perfect.
Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #19 on: December 01, 2009, 05:54:03 PM
Young people have no concept of discipline and punishment. When you've been beaten unconscious with the buckle of a 2 inch leather belt, held by your ankles screaming and then dropped from a 2d floor balcony, forced to hold encyclopedias at arms length until you pass out, or roundhouse kicked in the chin splitting it open requiring 7 stitches, all before age 12, you can whine to me about punishment hedging on abuse.

And that was my brother. You don't want to know about my mom...

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #20 on: December 01, 2009, 06:48:12 PM

I've said this in the past too. Schooling should be voluntary. If you don't want to learn how to read and such stuff then you can pick tomatoes. Save us from needing so many illegal farm workers.

But the system has been set up in such a way that people are forced to work to survive and school serves the purpose of freeing up the parents to do productive work for corporations and the children can be trained by the system in state mandated schools to replace them when they wear out. It's close to perfect.

You sir, are a moron.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #21 on: December 01, 2009, 07:01:20 PM
Duh.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #22 on: December 01, 2009, 08:57:20 PM
My solution is a strict program of mandatory sterilization.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #23 on: December 02, 2009, 12:45:01 AM
You first.
Quote from: FB comment
Look dude, there's only one thing I like that starts with Hot Black Co- and it doesn't end in 'ffee'.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #24 on: December 02, 2009, 03:27:48 AM

You sir, are a moron.

Why yes of course what was I thinking.
Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #25 on: December 02, 2009, 03:43:04 AM
As the kid of two school teachers I can't think of a single positive reason to let kids leave school before they're 16. I actually thought you were being sarcastic, but if you're not and you have some reasoning to back up your statement then by all means lets have it.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #26 on: December 02, 2009, 06:23:36 AM
What about the notion that the school does them little of any good because they don't let it do much if any,... added to the fact that they do have a profoundly negative impact on the time, mood, and education process of the teacher and other students?
Note how I suggest here no really better alternatives to babysitting them in the in-school suspension, but still...

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #27 on: December 02, 2009, 08:16:49 AM
Man, In School Suspension sucks!

You still have to get up early and go to fucking school, then you have to sit at a desk all day long and you're supposed to do homework and shit. And you're not allowed to talk.

It's a pretty miserable way to have to spend your day.
Go to these sites, and don't forget to tell your friends!
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #28 on: December 02, 2009, 08:19:59 AM
The best, though, was being so bad that you got put into the retarded kids class.

They had a drawer full of presents for when you were well behaved AND they gave so much time to do assignments that you could screw around half the day instead of listening to your stupid teacher ramble on about stuff that you didn't care about.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #29 on: December 02, 2009, 08:31:41 AM
That sounds way better than ISS.
Go to these sites, and don't forget to tell your friends!
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com