Quote from: psychopathetic
I shit, you guys.
I shit.

So How About That Climategate? (Read 9898 times)
So How About That Climategate? on: December 08, 2009, 02:41:11 PM
Feel free to discuss.
Go to these sites, and don't forget to tell your friends!
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: So How About That Climategate? Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 04:37:14 PM
The name "climategate" made me giggle.  So scandalous!

Re: So How About That Climategate? Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 07:06:35 PM
the only thing that will enforce change is a tax on imports from countries that varies depending on their environmental . Not going to happen since US debt is owned by developing nations these days

I would love to be on the committee that manages those ratings. swiss.bank.por.favor
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 08:43:26 PM by underclass »
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: So How About That Climategate? Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 09:48:02 PM
I'd have preferred Climaxgate...

Re: So How About That Climategate? Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 10:47:35 PM
I take issue with these so-called pundits slapping the word "gate" on every issue an making big scandals of them. There was only one gate: Watergate. MY gate...

-G. Gordon Liddy
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: So How About That Climategate? Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 11:14:30 PM
Just like the Zombie invasion, people won't accept catastrophe until it is beating on their door and snacking on their intestines.
Pour the wine, hold the grind, quarter to nine, let's go.

Re: So How About That Climategate? Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 03:14:19 AM
I take issue with these so-called pundits slapping the word "gate" on every issue an making big scandals of them. There was only one gate: Watergate. MY gate...

-G. Gordon Liddy

Man, seriously. Shit is played the fuck out.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: So How About That Climategate? Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 05:32:18 AM

-G. Gordon Liddy

Man, I was him, I'd be using that line to get me all sorts of teenaged poon.

Re: So How About That Climategate? Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 07:14:50 AM
The  guy's like 79 and he got busted screwing his producer 3 or 4 years ago.  He doesn't need help getting poon.

Re: So How About That Climategate? Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 08:06:39 AM
He's 79 and still CARES about Getting Some?

Poor freakin' fuktard.

Ever heard of a dude named Willie Nelson?  Yeah, well, HE has been quoted, saying that he has finally reached the point that sex just does not matter ~

i think he actually said that he's out-lived the usefulness of his dick, but, Hey!

Poetic License.
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: So How About That Climategate? Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 08:23:09 AM
You know, my folks picked him up, hitch-hiking on the side of the road.  Willie, that is.  His tour bus had broken down or something.

My dad was CROCKED, Willie was high as a kite, and my mom was like, ummm, Want a cold beer? which they ALWAYS carried an ice chest FULL of ~

that was back in the day when folks could do those things.

My folks have lived lives that were an absolute trip, no drugz needed.

Howard Hughes?  He put one of my cousins through Dartmouth, 'cuz his test plane killed my uncle.

Dillard?  That was my dad's mom's maiden name, and, yes, THOSE Dillards.

The Hunt girls?

My mom and Laura Hunt Rasberry were best friends, AND i was the nurse on duty for one of the in-laws.

Bill Miller?  i was the nurse on duty for Balous Miller's mother-in-law.

As BIG as Texas is?  It's also a small town, and you've gotta love that.

i sort of forgot where i was going with this ~ dazzled myself with how semi-sorta-Famous i am!  rofl!!!
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: So How About That Climategate? Reply #11 on: December 09, 2009, 10:05:56 AM
Feel free to discuss.

1)  I have seen people write up wicked emails while just doing their jobs and not thinking about how much of a public record email actually is.  Stuff that discusses how weak a security system is that's wrapped around customer PII, even though it would be essentially impossible to crack by an outside party.   Stuff about how we have a part that we know is going to fail 100% of the time, even though error rates are actually below 1%.  Policy & procedure talk that is ignorant belly-aching at best.

Personally, I don't expect scientists to be exceptional corporate citizens, only recording electronically that which toes the party line.  Most engineers aren't able to do it, and even many high-level business people can't manage to keep that sort of decorum.

2)  I'm glad folks are finally talking about it as Climate Change, and not just Global Warming.  The two concepts are distinct from one another, so it's a great shift for the media.

3)  Global Climate Change is an unknown.  There's plenty of good science to show that it's possibly occurring at regional levels, but there are also too many unknowns still out there for us to lock down an equation of "this much released carbon equates to this much climate change".  Ocean acidification is my primary concern, since this is something that could remove a major food source of the world from play, swiftly.  The science around ocean acidification is pretty solid, too, being essentially high school chemistry.
Like yours.  Only different.

Re: So How About That Climategate? Reply #12 on: December 09, 2009, 06:42:58 PM
seriously, the bottom line is the only one that matters. Tax importers/companies based on their economic footprint and you will see a lot of change in a very short time
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: So How About That Climategate? Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 09:31:36 PM
The science around ocean acidification is pretty solid, too, being essentially high school chemistry.

Yes.

Re: So How About That Climategate? Reply #14 on: December 10, 2009, 06:48:55 AM
I can imagine fish and whales having trips in an acidic ocean...

Re: So How About That Climategate? Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 11:09:09 AM
i'm really betwixt and between on Climate Change, mainly because so much of the beginning data have been lost for all time.  And not because someone shredded the info, or made mistaken entries, but because we didn't have the ability to make the measurements at the time.  That leaves us starting in the MIDDLE, once any Butterfly Effect had already begun,

trying to figure out the Before AND the After effects of human colonization.

i don't think it can be done, tbh, and throwing more and more money towards an answer is the height of stupidity, not to mention the fact that as long as folks are trying to solve the unsolveable, their ignoring the things they COULD figure out.

We know about the bees.  We know about the cell phone and microwave transmissions killing them off.  We know that if all the bees drop dead, THE ENTIRE COUNTRY OF AMERICA will starve to death within 10 years.  And it's like, Okay, we know what's doing the terrible thing, but we don't DO anything about the PROBLEM.

Is that it?  We just want to know what DOES IT?  We don't want to try to STOP it or Cure it?

WHY THE FUCK STUDY IT, then????
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 11:10:02 AM by fyrenza »
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: So How About That Climategate? Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 12:15:18 PM
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: So How About That Climategate? Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 12:17:48 PM
STFU Luke.

It's actually pretty simple, Fyre. We know that CO2 destroys ozone thereby increasing the solar radiation that strikes the earth. We can measure the CO2 levels from both sedimentary cores and polar ice cores as recent as 100 years ago, going back MILLIONS of years. You can compare the CO2 levels through history and see that the proliferation on humankind has caused this.

The same goes for the rising levels of acidity in the ocean. Other than the spread of humans across the planet (and too damn many of us) and our industrialization, not too much else has changed to cause this. Of course big business and the lackeys who suck the corporate teat will tell you it's a 50,000 year natural cycle, nature pushing evolution on us, but really... does the planet WANT to be rendered uninhabitable?

We did this to our planet.

"YOUR planet???" -Klaatu

We should make the sacrifices to fix it.

Re: So How About That Climategate? Reply #18 on: December 10, 2009, 12:43:06 PM

SOaB, i KNEW i should have disabled that flippin' webcam thang on that laptop at the ranch!!!

You BASTER!!!

Zoom?  We can do all of that, and find the answers, but we aren't willing to STOP what we're doing that's causing the prob.

The bottom line solution is to clear the planet of about 1/2 of it's HUMAN population, but we can't do THAT,

so i'm back to my question of WHY study it, when we aren't going to do the things that need to be done to solve the basic problem..
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: So How About That Climategate? Reply #19 on: December 10, 2009, 01:27:26 PM
The bottom line solution is to clear the planet of about 1/2 of it's HUMAN population, but we can't do THAT

The fuck we can't...

Re: So How About That Climategate? Reply #20 on: December 10, 2009, 01:33:11 PM
Well, yeah,

it COULD be done,

but no one is going to Step Up and outline the Big Fat Plan for GETTING it done ...

no matter HOW much money we pay them to.
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: So How About That Climategate? Reply #21 on: December 10, 2009, 01:38:44 PM
Something tells me Al Queda is working hard to make this happen...

Re: So How About That Climategate? Reply #22 on: December 10, 2009, 02:32:47 PM
2012 has everything under control.
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: So How About That Climategate? Reply #23 on: December 11, 2009, 08:23:05 AM
Couldnt give a fuck. Probably a dodge to up taxes and have a global "purse" of money to fuck round with.

I agree with reducing pollution esp new pollution like GM. And with stopping deforestation and habitat destruction etc.

But warming and CO2 are different things IMO.
AS David Bellamy says.

Britain was a lot warmer a few hundred yrs ago. Our weather is shit, polar bears can swim. And wankers in East Anglian villages can fall into the sea for all I care

Re: So How About That Climategate? Reply #24 on: December 11, 2009, 09:09:57 AM
This problem could be solved if we killed all the muslims and had anal sex while eating nachos.
Quote from: FB comment
Look dude, there's only one thing I like that starts with Hot Black Co- and it doesn't end in 'ffee'.

Re: So How About That Climategate? Reply #25 on: December 11, 2009, 10:16:19 AM
Wouldn't the blood, guts and liquid cheese get pretty messy???
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: So How About That Climategate? Reply #26 on: December 11, 2009, 12:14:18 PM
That's why we keep the Muslim women alive. Someone has to do the washing up after...

Re: So How About That Climategate? Reply #27 on: December 11, 2009, 01:51:08 PM
We know about the bees.  We know about the cell phone and microwave transmissions killing them off.  We know that if all the bees drop dead, THE ENTIRE COUNTRY OF AMERICA will starve to death within 10 years.  And it's like, Okay, we know what's doing the terrible thing, but we don't DO anything about the PROBLEM.

Is that it?  We just want to know what DOES IT?  We don't want to try to STOP it or Cure it?

WHY THE FUCK STUDY IT, then????

Colony Collapse was found to be due to an introduced fungus, not cell phones.  And they ARE trying to fix it.
Like yours.  Only different.

Re: So How About That Climategate? Reply #28 on: December 11, 2009, 02:02:05 PM
Now Luke, don't confuse the issue by interjecting the truth. Luddites and conspiracy theorists don't like it when Mother Nature does man's destructive work with no prompting.

And stay away from the contrails of jet aircraft, those are mind control drugs being sprayed on us, you know. And birth control drugs sprayed on those urban people the government doesn't like...

Re: So How About That Climategate? Reply #29 on: December 11, 2009, 07:06:12 PM
some reports even attempted to link cell phone usage with the loss of honey bees. Oddball suggestions aside,

Cool!  i DO worry about stuff like that, and hadn't realized that they'd found a cause.

Or have they? ...  Perhaps, 'cuz folks don't want to give up their cell phones ...

rofl!

A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity