Oh yeah, Avea is in... and working.
And yes, it'll even embed porn.
What does it do?
Automatically embed video and audio clips by posting the clip's URL in your SMF forum posts from over 199
sites (actually, hundreds if you count the supported networks), including YouTube, DailyMotion, MetaCafe, Google Video, MySpace, Facebook, Veoh...
No need for BBCode or messy embed HTML. And if a user posts the embed html code for a site, it'll be turned automatically into a nice little furry harmless link.
Just copy the URL from your address bar into a post (like http://youtube.com/watch?v=B8XC7idFyvE), and Aeva will do the rest. It's the ultimate user-friendly way of posting clips. YouTube videos will automatically appear in HD and Widescreen if available!License Agreement
Do you like reading annoying legal mumbo-jumbo? Neither do I. So let's cut the crap and skip to the rules.
Aeva is completely free to use, even on commercial websites. By installing it, however, you agree to the following rules.
Otherwise, you're in breach of the licence and will be exposed to potential damage such as a lawsuit, complete and utter humiliation in public, and not finding your shoes when you're already late for work.
- You will not distribute a modified version of it,
- You will neither remove nor hide the backlink to the Aeva site without written permission (contact the author for details),
- You must protect your own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the first or second rule. (Thanks Isaac.)
- You will not install/use Aeva on a website that encourages and/or endorses violence, hate and/or any kind of bigotry. Be nice to each other!
ANY version of SMF 1.1.x and SMF 2.0 will do.All previous versions of this mod MUST be uninstalled BEFORE installing this version. Also, make sure to backup your database and files first.
If a version of Aeva >= 5.2 is already installed, you don't need to uninstall and reinstall, you can simply overwrite the Aeva source and language files with newer versions, no further changes being made to the SMF core files.Supported Video/Audio Sites
[New in v5/v6 shown in bold
] [* Requires lookups to be enabled]
Supports 172 Video Sites including:
- YouTube, YouTube (Playlists), Dailymotion, Google Video, BBC News* (now with audio), BBC Iplayer (UK Only), MetaCafe, Veoh, 123video, Facebook, 5min Life Videopedia, 9You, ABC News*, AdultSwim, AlloCine, AniBoom, Apple Trailers*, Archive.org*, Atom*, Bebo*, Blip*, BoFunk*, BombayTV, Break*, Broadcaster*, CarPix Tv, Cellfish, Clarin, Clip.vn, ClipFish (Old), ClipFish (New), ClipJunkie, ClipLife, ClipMoon, Clipser, ClipShack, Cold-Link, CollegeHumor, ComedyCentral(Inc. TheDailyShow), Crackle, CrunchyRoll*, Culture Pub*, Current*, Dailyhaha, DemoScene.tv*, DotSub (w/o Captions), DoubleViking*, dropshots.com, Dv.ouou, EASportsWorld*, EbaumsWorld Videos*, ESPN, Excessif, ExposureRoom, Flickr Video, FunnyOrDie, G4TV, GameKyo, GameSpot, GameTrailers (Inc. User Movies), Gametube.org, GameVideos.1up, GarageTv*, Gloria, Glumbert, GodTube, GotGame*, GrassRoots ItvLocal, GrindTv*, Guba, TheHub, Hulu (Usa Only)*, Humour*, Video.i.ua*, IGN, IMDB*, Imeem (Video)*, ImageShack, IndyaRocks, Izlesene, Jokeroo, Joost, JujuNation Video, JumpCut, JustinTV, Koreus, Last.fm (Videos), Last.fm (YouTube videos), Libero, LiveLeak, LiveVideo, Machinima (Old), Machinima (New), Mogulus, MyTaratata, Video.mail.ru, Mega...n, MegaVideo, Milliyet*, MoFile, MotionBox, Mpora, Mpora TV, MSN Live/Soapbox, MtvU (Usa Only), Multiply, MyNet, MySoccerMedia*, MyShows.cn*, MySpaceTv, MyVideo, MyVi*, M Thai, NhacCuaTui, OffUHuge, The Onion*, OnSmash, Photobucket, PikNikTube, Putfile, Rambler, RawVegas, RedTube, Revver, RuTube, SevenLoad, ShareView, Sharkle*, Sina Podcast, Smotri, Snotr, SouthPark Studios, Space.tv.cctv.com, Spike, SportsLine (CBS Sports), StageHD*, Streetfire*, StupidVideos*, TagTele, TinyPic, Tm-Tube, TrailerAddict*, TrTube*, Trilulilu, Tu.tv*, Tudou, UOL VideoLog, UUME, u-Tube, VideoJug*, videos.sapo, Vidiac, Viddler*, Videa, VideoNuz*, VidiLife*, VidMax, Vimeo, Vidivodo*, VSocial (Type1), VSocial (Type2), Wat.tv*, WeGame, Wipido*, Yahoo Video*, Yahoo Video HK, Yahoo Music Videos, Yandex*, YouKu
- Several networks of video-sharing sites which account for hundreds of extra video-sharing sites. These networks include Brightcove.com, Kaltura* (blog and Wikipedia embedding), Kewego*, Truveo* (meta search engine)...
Supports 20 Audio Sites including:
- BooMp3, Deezer, Deezer (Playlists), Deezer (Radio), Divshare (audio only), EbaumsWorld Audio*, GoEar, iJigg, Imeem (Music)*, Jamendo, JujuNation Audio, Last.fm (Audio), Last.fm (Artist pages), Mp3tube*, MusOpen*, Passionato (Single Preview), Passionato (Playlist Preview), Project Playlist, Seeqpod, Songza*
Supports 7 Other Sites including:
- Imeem (Playlists)*, NewGrounds*, Orb, ScreenToaster, Scribd*, Slide*, VoiceThread
- Works for all languages. Will fall back to the English version if your own language is missing.
- Contains the following translations: English (American and British) and French. You can find more languages at Aeva translations. You can even submit your own over there.
- Two new areas in the Admin panel enable you to choose which sites to embed, as well as settings aplenty.
- Lookups - grab the actual video url/filename when posting a new link. Enables support for dozens of sites.
- Include link with URL/title below the video (for sites without a clickable link/button in the video)
- Embed local files (except for attachments) (DivX, Avi, Flash Swf, Flash Flv, Real Media, Windows Media, Quicktime)
- The site list is optimized to use only the features you enabled
- Create your own custom site lists or per-site settings. More details in the Subs-Aeva-Custom-Example.php file.
- Disabled where not needed (printer-friendly pages, signatures and SMF2's WYSIWYG editor)
- Users can select on-the-fly their preferred quality for YouTube videos (saved in a cookie)
- No manual edits required for custom themes. No conflicts with mods that provide support for a single website with custom BBCode and a video ID. But you'll never want to use them again. Just use the conversion script included in the package to convert old BBCode.
- Completely safe and secure: Aeva controls everything your users post. It even disables remote script access.
- If you're not sure, be happy -- embedding of external videos will NOT consume your bandwidth
- If you're looking for a mod that allows you to have a picture/video/audio gallery, please check out SMF Media Gallery, co-written by Nao. SMG will also use Aeva to embed remote files into your galleries.
Credits & ThanksAeva was originally created by Karl Benson under the name "Auto Embed Video Clips", and later "AEVAC". He retired in October 2008 and handed it over to Nao a month later.
- If a YouTube video doesn't automatically switch to Widescreen and/or HD when available, make sure lookups are enabled in the admin area. If your server doesn't support them, you can still manually add #ws-hd at the end of an URL for Widescreen HD.
- Aeva only converts active links, so make sure the setting "Automatically link posted URLs" is enabled (Admin > Posts & Topics > Bulletin Board Code)
- A recent version of Adobe Flash Player is required (at least 9.0).
- If you get a "We're sorry, this video is no longer available" message on YouTube videos, this is not an Aeva bug. It can either be due to the video not being embeddable (make sure lookups are enabled to check for these when posting), or simply to its streaming server being under maintenance. Try to play it again later.
- If you're having Error 500-type crashes on your server, try to disable SMF's "compressed output" feature in your server settings, and ask Santa Claus for a better server next Christmas.
- Please don't ask me to do the edits for you. Use the official topic, or the official website, for support. Site addition requests should go to the Aeva and websites board.
- From Nao: to Karl - for making the original mod and helping with the transition! To Dragooon - for supplying this cool SVN server that no one ever uses... And to all of my enthusiastic users/testers.
- From Karl: To Nao - For continued bug reports. To Eliana Tamerin - For answering many support questions. To Din1031, for faster performance with static/array. To Metallica & Jade, for testing.