Quote from: underclass
For those of you in America, here is what most of the western world knows about your politics... you have a black man in the white house trying to fix healthcare, which is going nowhere because all of a sudden everyone else has a way better way to fix healthcare despite it being a basket case for the last 30 years. You're in two wars you won't win, which will bankrupt you as you try to compete with China economically, which you also can't win because people have less rights and they aren't fighting two wars. Sarah Palin is loathed by every single rational person in the free world. Conan is the governer of California, which is also broke, along with all of your banks. People can't get abortions in some places but can marry their gay partner in others. End.
Quote from: Mosh
This is how it reads for the God fearin' 'mericans...

"For those of you in America, here is what you know about your politics... you have a illegitimate non US citizen niggerman in the white house trying to destroy democracy. You're in two wars doing God's work slaughtering the infidel, as our Manifest destiny says we will rule the world. Sarah Palin is the most rational person in the free world. The Governator is the governer of California, which is also full of queers, but he'll sort them out. People can't get abortions because it's an affront to God, but can marry their sister in others, which all good God fearing 'mericans approve of. God Bless 'merica."

Dear game developers...(Read 8901 times)
Dear game developers... on: March 20, 2009, 08:00:22 AM
Please stop making games with the word War in the title and games where you carry guns and go around shooting things.  Just for a year at least. 

What's the matter?  Can't think of an idea for a game now?  Oh, and I fucking hate all of you for ruining the video game industry. 

Sincerely,
A gamer that's gonna go play Kirby's Dream Course, then a little Super Mario 3, then go beat Earthbound for the 50th time and pine for the days when videogames weren't pretentious heaps of shit and weren't 90 percent FPS and 3rdPS. 

Fucking hate you.
~
A pleasant man with a pleasant weapon

Re: Dear game developers... Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 09:08:38 AM
and please release diablo III next week, thanks
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: Dear game developers... Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 09:18:54 AM
and please release diablo III next week, thanks

And Starcraft II.
~

Re: Dear game developers... Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 09:25:43 AM
we should play animal crossing sometime.
cream filling for hollow victories

Re: Dear game developers... Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 09:28:02 AM

I have AC:CF with Wii speak. 
~

Re: Dear game developers... Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 09:29:13 AM
me too!

i was serious. i'm a girl. i like cute games.

Re: Dear game developers... Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 09:30:06 AM
Is that like frogger?
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: Dear game developers... Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 09:31:06 AM

"An online Missouri task force has suggested that adults who play Animal Crossing should be viewed with suspicion, as they are likely up to no good."
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/03/online-task-force-adults-shouldnt-play-animal-crossing.ars
Like yours.  Only different.

Re: Dear game developers... Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009, 09:33:31 AM
What's the matter?  Can't think of an idea for a game now?  Oh, and I fucking hate all of you for ruining the video game industry. 

Did you know that Microsoft has released a framework that allows you to make your own games?
Sure, you need to have some programming experience, but http://creators.xna.com has a lot of resources on learning the framework, and you can get books that would show you how to learn C#.

Honestly, I don't expect you to do this, since it takes a lot of time and focus, but I wanted to point out that if you're tired of consuming worthless media, you can always create it!

Re: Dear game developers... Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 09:35:02 AM
shut up! you are making my molestation of danzig extremely difficult.

but srsly, i read that. how ridiculous. i also like the video where the newscaster presumes tortimer is the creepy pedophile. too bad he's an npc and not controlled by anyone except for some fucking lines of code.

Re: Dear game developers... Reply #10 on: March 20, 2009, 09:36:36 AM
I second the Diablo III request.

And make it work on Linux.
Go to these sites, and don't forget to tell your friends!
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Dear game developers... Reply #11 on: March 20, 2009, 09:38:06 AM

Did you know that Microsoft has released a framework that allows you to make your own games?
Sure, you need to have some programming experience, but http://creators.xna.com has a lot of resources on learning the framework, and you can get books that would show you how to learn C#.

Honestly, I don't expect you to do this, since it takes a lot of time and focus, but I wanted to point out that if you're tired of consuming worthless media, you can always create it!

Hmmm, might be a good speed project.
~

Re: Dear game developers... Reply #12 on: March 20, 2009, 09:41:04 AM
Yay.

Danzig's gonig to create a video game where you clean the bottom of your kitchen sink and do 2 billion piece jigsaw puzzles.  ::)
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Dear game developers... Reply #13 on: March 20, 2009, 09:41:44 AM
in a carport/cave/basement condo

Re: Dear game developers... Reply #14 on: March 20, 2009, 09:42:36 AM
but srsly, i read that. how ridiculous. i also like the video where the newscaster presumes tortimer is the creepy pedophile. too bad he's an npc and not controlled by anyone except for some fucking lines of code.

every generation has its demons.

Re: Dear game developers... Reply #15 on: March 20, 2009, 09:43:43 AM

Frankly, I doubt it.  LEarning how to write software from scratch actually takes some dedication.
But, you could always pull down some of their demos and code samples and jack around with it.  I bet you'd be able to make some triangles spin that would trip you the fuck out.

Re: Dear game developers... Reply #16 on: March 20, 2009, 09:44:20 AM
Make this thread go away! It could possibly conjure up STUFF. Yes, stuff.
you treat me like a monologue ho

Re: Dear game developers... Reply #17 on: March 20, 2009, 09:50:40 AM

Frankly, I doubt it.  LEarning how to write software from scratch actually takes some dedication.
But, you could always pull down some of their demos and code samples and jack around with it.  I bet you'd be able to make some triangles spin that would trip you the fuck out.

It's amphetamines, not tryptamines.

Watch out for The Adventures Of Drugmoth - Episode 1:  The Carport Jigsaw Caper.  It'll be all 80's PC adventure like.
~

Re: Dear game developers... Reply #18 on: March 20, 2009, 10:50:29 AM
See!
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Dear game developers... Reply #19 on: March 20, 2009, 11:30:40 AM
I have Animal Crossing (Gamecube version). Quality game.
I feel your FPS pain, Dylan. That's why I'm a hairsbreadth from turning to import gaming. There are a bunch of great Japanese titles that they haven't imported because they are too worried we'll think they're strange. Little do they realize that "All your base are belong to us," "I Feel asleep," and "I am Error" wasn't fooling anybody. We know they're crazy and that's what we like.
I also recently violated one of my central tenets and despite my Nintendo loyalties I got a PS2 so I could play some of their stranger titles. My next act of sacrilegious purchasing will be a PSP (although I still have a few Nintendo consoles to get).

Re: Dear game developers... Reply #20 on: March 20, 2009, 12:07:05 PM
wii is tons of fun. i would also like to get my hands on a 360 and a ps3. ps3 just to play little big planet, actually. i hear it's wicked fun.

Re: Dear game developers... Reply #21 on: March 20, 2009, 12:14:31 PM
I'm a total Nintendo fanboy, but I've been dying to play Katamari for PS2.
~

Re: Dear game developers... Reply #22 on: March 20, 2009, 12:58:33 PM
Best video review ever: http://tinyurl.com/apeukh
~

Re: Dear game developers... Reply #23 on: March 20, 2009, 01:22:25 PM
Little Big Planet does look amazing, but it's not worth buying a PS3 over to me. You want real fun, by the way, check out the Little Big Adventure series for PC. That's a fucking quality series. Really really good. I own nearly every game Frederick Raynal has ever touched mainly because of the LBA series.

Katamari was what made me get a PS2. Worth it.

I think I know the answer already but have either of you played the Pikmin series? The games are fantastic. Another good one in the same vein is Space Station Silicon Valley for N64.

Re: Dear game developers... Reply #24 on: March 20, 2009, 01:27:09 PM
I play Beautiful Katamari on my 360 and it's pretty fun.
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Dear game developers... Reply #25 on: March 20, 2009, 01:47:42 PM
You want real fun, by the way, check out the Little Big Adventure series for PC. That's a fucking quality series. Really really good. I own nearly every game Frederick Raynal has ever touched mainly because of the LBA series.

I used to play Relentless a long ass time ago when it came out.  All I remember is tiptoeing around in "discreet" mode, hah.
~

Re: Dear game developers... Reply #26 on: March 20, 2009, 03:19:57 PM
Little Big Planet does look amazing, but it's not worth buying a PS3 over to me. You want real fun, by the way, check out the Little Big Adventure series for PC. That's a fucking quality series. Really really good. I own nearly every game Frederick Raynal has ever touched mainly because of the LBA series.

Katamari was what made me get a PS2. Worth it.

I think I know the answer already but have either of you played the Pikmin series? The games are fantastic. Another good one in the same vein is Space Station Silicon Valley for N64.

i  haven't played pikmin but i almost rented it last night! i think i probably will get it when i return the stuff i did rent. thanks for the tip.

also, katamari damaci, in any incarnation is amaz-za-zing. i have absolute plans to get crazy katamari tattoos.

Re: Dear game developers... Reply #27 on: March 20, 2009, 05:00:20 PM
I have Katamari Damacy for PS2 and I don't have a working PS2.  It was broken at a drunk party in my livingroom back in college, someone stepped on the controller cord and the PS2 became a rolling katamari.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 05:00:59 PM by Libertine »
Pour the wine, hold the grind, quarter to nine, let's go.

Re: Dear game developers... Reply #28 on: March 20, 2009, 05:09:43 PM
Beautiful Katamari depresses me. I'm a series person at heart, but I do not want anything XboX...

Re: Dear game developers... Reply #29 on: March 21, 2009, 06:23:55 AM
I just bought Beautiful Katamari for the 360 used, on the internet.  I've never played any of the other Katamari games, though, just the demo for Beautiful Katamari.  In fact, it might be in my mailbox right now, I forgot to check my mail today.

Right now I'm re-playing Bioshock on hard mode after just finishing up Skate 2.

Yeah it's Fuse I'm back again skip the rigamarole you know how my shit goes.
No one mourns the wicked.