Quote from: 13chemicals
Cock, put it in my face, I do it until I got high.

New administration(Read 9841 times)
New administration on: February 21, 2009, 03:21:34 PM
We out here in the less developed and somewhat differently civilized parts of the world see Obama and his posse far more positively than the previous Bush administration. Thing is, we only see things that our media selectively allow us to see about the Obama administration, we dont have to live with it to the same degree as you guys.

So, is it working? Is the Obama crew doing the bidness?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 05:54:53 PM by Mosh »

Re: New administration Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 04:20:59 PM
He seems to have had quite a few problems with various nominations being non-tax-paying pricks, but it's only really been a month so it remains to be seen how things will be when everything settles down a bit.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: New administration Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 05:58:23 PM
Yeah, got those news snippets down here too... seems to me maybe some good has come of it by flushing out these shifty bastards...
I get that he's still settling into the job and all, but I also knew Howard was going to be a rat bastard a month into being Prime Minister... so I figure there'd be some sense of how Obama's term is going to travel. 

Re: New administration Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 06:25:47 PM
He's going to cure cancer and send us all checks that will save the world!
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: New administration Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 06:31:02 PM
More than anything he seems kinda inexperienced, which was the main criticism of him anyway.

But with the global economy in the shape it's in, the various wars going on, and the general mess Bush and his cronies have made over the last 8 years, I'm willing to suspend my doubts about him for a bit. Admittedly I'm a fan of his and was very glad when he was elected. But because of that, I (and a lot of people) have high expectations. If he truly fucks around and turns out to be nothing like he promised, people will turn on him very quickly. He promised change, so let's see it.

Re: New administration Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 07:46:42 PM
he's been very clever to do everything as openly as he has, this means the crowd opposing him have to do it openly and explain their motives.

While I disagree with most of the stimulus bill the Republican crowd came out looking like a bunch of tools
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: New administration Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 10:08:48 PM
More than anything he seems kinda inexperienced, which was the main criticism of him anyway.

But with the global economy in the shape it's in, the various wars going on, and the general mess Bush and his cronies have made over the last 8 years, I'm willing to suspend my doubts about him for a bit. Admittedly I'm a fan of his and was very glad when he was elected. But because of that, I (and a lot of people) have high expectations. If he truly fucks around and turns out to be nothing like he promised, people will turn on him very quickly. He promised change, so let's see it.

Every new leader is inexperienced... doesnt matter if they've been a leader of a state or province, the demands of a Federal system are much much greater. Howard fucked up a bunch of stuff (and lied his way out of it) for the first year or so, Rudd got off to a shaky start too. Bush never got over his inexperience at all, he was making stupid mistakes right to the end.

I think even if Obama doesnt manage to achieve anything, he's been a calming influence, or at least that's my take... so that's gotta be a plus to begin with.

He's going to cure cancer and send us all checks that will save the world!

Can I sign up for some of that, or am I too much of a dirty furiner? Coz I could do with a new flat screen TV.

Re: New administration Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 11:02:56 PM

Re: New administration Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 06:48:49 PM
This talk of bank nationalization is crazy scary.

My Scientology friend and I always talk about the New World Order, and shit. One World Government starts with a one world bank. The World Bank will shortly become THE only banking system, with ALL funds controlled by the elite and the state.

Re: New administration Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 08:16:47 PM
so become one of the elite and stop that shit
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: New administration Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 03:32:05 AM
Sorry Mosh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWmf3Waio9E

I'm the good Irish, not the bad Irish.

Can I have some land too?

Re: New administration Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 07:13:14 AM
Good Irish. bad Irish, it's all a matter of perspective and opinion.

Didn't Cromwell give you some land once? And look what happened...

Re: New administration Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 09:44:55 AM
what are you bitching about, they gave you a continent.

When you get here you're cooking me Irish food. You only need taters and cabbage right?

Re: New administration Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 02:21:07 AM
FUCK!

Re: New administration Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 03:48:55 AM
Need more than spuds and fartgrass... butter, buttermilk, and any number of pig meats... and scallions.

Champ is the greatest food ever.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 05:54:08 AM by Mosh »

Re: New administration Reply #15 on: February 28, 2009, 09:36:14 AM
Right you're on the hook for making that in October.

I'll make you an omelette, I make really great omelettes

Re: New administration Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 06:53:18 PM
Obama is the new Jesus!

Re: New administration Reply #17 on: March 01, 2009, 06:55:51 PM
Our Father,
Who art in Washington
Hallowed by thy bailout
thy new world order come...

Re: New administration Reply #18 on: March 01, 2009, 09:35:55 PM

This was my sig pic on another site. The caption was "U Guyz Jus' Aint Proselytizing Hard Enough".

Re: New administration Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 10:32:06 AM
*hi 5*

Re: New administration Reply #20 on: March 02, 2009, 07:01:51 PM
Hi5 is lame. Facebook's much better.

Re: New administration Reply #21 on: March 03, 2009, 03:00:19 AM
I voted for Obama, after I came out of the republican seizure I appear to have had from 2000-2005 for whatever reason, and celebrated with friends and whiskey that night when we saw CNN call it.  I wanna know what happened tot he Star Wars holoprojector they were using that night, it looked neat.

I'm not sure I agree with this Afghanistan stuff he seems to be trying to start, but I'm gonna hide and watch on that one.

Re: New administration Reply #22 on: March 03, 2009, 05:33:42 AM
Most of the shit thats coming out of the Islamic world is coming from Pakistan. Afghanistan is a convienient staging point to beat the shit out of the northern tribal area's.

What I see happening from this is that the Talib's will overthrow Pakistan, get their hands on Nukes and fuck it royally for the lot of us. Already the Talibs have a strangle hold on those tribal area's, and with the Pakistani government essentially screwed by its own corruption, it will be relatively easy for the Talibs to rally support and take over.

Re: New administration Reply #23 on: March 03, 2009, 05:40:52 AM
Yeah, on Real Time last Friday Maher was taking about the blowing up girls' school shit they're doing and said that there might as well not be a borderline dividing the two countries.

What's funny is that if you'd told me in 1996 that in ten years I'd be a big fan of Bill Maher I'd have fucking shot you.

Re: New administration Reply #24 on: March 03, 2009, 08:48:21 AM
Biggest fuck up bush made was taking the world's attention away from the Taliban and focussing it on Iraq.

And Fuse, welcome back to normality.

Re: New administration Reply #25 on: March 03, 2009, 08:02:27 PM
Glad to be here.

And I think his biggest fuckup was the way was his administration treated prisoners and tried to assrape civil rights and personal privacy.  Guantanamo Bay, wiretapping, waterboarding, etc.  He might have slipped under the radar with the Iraq War alone because it was *almost* justified.  I'm still somewhat of the stance that the war needed to happen, just not the way he did it, going against the UN.

Re: New administration Reply #26 on: March 05, 2009, 06:22:54 AM
Oh yeah, this was posted in my Obama channel a feww weeks before election night.  I was hypnotically obsessed by its awesomeness for days...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekCI8UdDsKU

Re: New administration Reply #27 on: March 05, 2009, 02:13:43 PM
It started going south a little before that.  Clinton formally authorized Extraordinary Rendition in 1995 and he was the one who removed a lot of the banking regulations that had been put in place during the Depression.

Still, Bush....

Re: New administration Reply #28 on: March 05, 2009, 09:56:23 PM
I think they're going to follow the successful Iraqi strategy of paying off the various groups to calm down for a while, which will allow for some short-term stabilization while laying the groundwork for an even more disasterous future.

Kind of like all those games we played over the previous 30 years that have blown up in our faces now.

Re: New administration Reply #29 on: March 06, 2009, 07:08:18 AM
It started going south a little before that.  Clinton formally authorized Extraordinary Rendition in 1995 and he was the one who removed a lot of the banking regulations that had been put in place during the Depression.

Still, Bush....

ED! Dude! How's Canadia?