(from bash.org) <Twig> I just had an argument with a girl I know. She was saying how it's unfair that if a guy fucks a different girl every week, he's a legend, but if a girl fucks just two guys in a year, she's a slut. So in response I told her that if a key opens lots of locks, then it's a master key. But if a lock is opened by lots of keys, then it's a shitty lock. That shut her up.

Yo, Banal ... Little Help Here ...(Read 4674 times)
Yo, Banal ... Little Help Here ... on: September 09, 2011, 03:04:11 PM
I need to convert e107 to something else, then, convert it to SMF ...
I've tried the e107 to SMF converter but it refuses to work no matter WHAT I do ...

I've restored ThrashInc.Com with e107 and now most features, including the forum, won't work ..
... and it's a seemingly perfect restore

So, maybe convert it to something else and THEN to SMF?

Any ideas?
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Re: Yo, Banal ... Little Help Here ... Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 07:06:59 PM
Nice headache you got there.
Im reading the 107 install is DOA ? Due to trying to convert to SMF ?  It was working before the convert attempt ? (note to self: Never let Thrash file the bug reports)

First off, your 107 'features'. The SMF converter wont do anything not forum related.  So strip it down to just a 107 forum install.

IF that alone dont work... might be the 107 version.  If as I type, i can only think of grinding - version update > convert attempt > versions update > and so on.

Im thinking trying to convert it to something else first, once stripped down, might be the best option.  (looking into it, dont hold your breath)

or better yet. Archive the old forum, extracting all the data relating to members (usernames/login shit) and just starting fresh.
Quote from: FB comment
Look dude, there's only one thing I like that starts with Hot Black Co- and it doesn't end in 'ffee'.

Re: Yo, Banal ... Little Help Here ... Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 02:16:25 AM
Well, I want the old posts and users ...
I've tried 15 times; no dice ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Yo, Banal ... Little Help Here ... Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 09:29:52 PM
Just restore is as e107... get it working first, worry about the rest later.

Re: Yo, Banal ... Little Help Here ... Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 11:49:02 PM
I heard the word "banal" used in a movie the other day and realized that I've been mentally pronouncing it wrong for ages, having never heard it spoken (that I can recall). True story.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: Yo, Banal ... Little Help Here ... Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 02:50:42 AM
Just restore is as e107... get it working first, worry about the rest later.

I DID ...
C'mon, I know about this shit ...

That said; I'm not sure what's wrong ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Yo, Banal ... Little Help Here ... Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 10:07:34 PM
Hint: it doesn't rhyme with anal.
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: Yo, Banal ... Little Help Here ... Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 02:00:28 AM
Yeah. I'll have to add that to the pile with serendipity, quotient, albeit, epitome, and a bunch of other words I guessed wrong about.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: Yo, Banal ... Little Help Here ... Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 06:23:15 PM
I heard the word "banal" used in a movie the other day and realized that I've been mentally pronouncing it wrong for ages, having never heard it spoken (that I can recall). True story.

EDIT: i dont think it was clear.
i read it like anal, i say it like canal.

although if you dont say canal like i do this doesnt help at all.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 06:24:23 PM by Nitya »

Re: Yo, Banal ... Little Help Here ... Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 01:04:18 AM
Ok, so now canal rhymes with anal?
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Yo, Banal ... Little Help Here ... Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 04:33:09 AM
If they rhymed I wouldn't have to use them both as examples to differentiate the sounds.

Basically I read it differently to how I would say it.

Re: Yo, Banal ... Little Help Here ... Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 08:28:15 PM
I am so misunderstood.
Look dude, there's only one thing I like that starts with Hot Black Co- and it doesn't end in 'ffee'.

Re: Yo, Banal ... Little Help Here ... Reply #12 on: October 01, 2011, 01:19:08 AM
So's TSi's DB; any ideas?
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Yo, Banal ... Little Help Here ... Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 03:41:07 AM
Nope.

If you the person who actually used e107 for all that time cant get it up...

Well, there is the option of writing a new script to convert only what you really need.   I dont know the differences between smf and e017 forum.  It couldnt be that hard, could it ?

Re: Yo, Banal ... Little Help Here ... Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 04:06:51 AM
I've tried ...
I've got nothing ...
(and I know the MYSQL for both) ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')