Quote from: Wozzeck
Longstoryshort Bagman is a socially retarded little clown who knows nothing about how to treat a lady, which is why he'll probably end up getting AIDS off of Craigslist.

September 11th, 2011 - 10 Years Later - A Ground Zero Paramedic's Thoughts(Read 3637 times)
Ok, so, it's 10 years later and every year I give my thought(s) on this day ... Here's my thought(s) for today: as a September 11th Ground Zero Rescue Paramedic, I think that I'm just going to take it as the Sunday that it is, enjoy the Jags (and any other game I feel like watching), enjoy the amazing ribs that [my girl] has prepared for me, remember what I went through, if and when I feel like it, and just LIVE my amazing life with my amazing girlfriend; something that almost wasn't possible due to my being on, and all that happened to me as a result of being on, Ground Zero ...

Thanks for all the thoughts, best wishes, and thanks for my doing my job, and my thanks for all that were there with me, helping me, and doing their jobs; it's a nice day today; I think I'll work with that ...

(Reposted from me, on FaceBook)

HAPPY SEPTEMBER 11TH, 2011, EVERYONE!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 03:38:27 PM by Thrash »
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

I think there should have been ten more planes involved.

The US is a terrorist nation.

I AM A VET AND I'M SAYING THIS BECAUSE I BELIEVE IT IS TRUE
Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

So... I wouldn't go that far honestly. Any time there's a loss of innocent life in a situation like this then I think it's a damn shame. I am kind of annoyed by the strange tooth-gnashing, garment-rending festival that it's become, though. All day long on the TV people are bombarded with images of the towers and poignant remembrances and the like and I feel like the whole thing has become national theatre. This was an event that had a profound and world-shattering effect on people who died or who lost loved ones. For the rest of us it was a general blow to our sense of security and a major insult to our patriotism. I can certainly understand that the families of those immediately impacted will need to devote the day to memories and to crying and such but as much general sympathy I have toward these people their lives really didn't intersect with mine and I feel that by treating their tragedy as my own I am cheapening the magnitude of the event. The tawdry affair that is currently taking place with people from the all over the country making the pilgrimage to NYC to take part in the morbid festivities while the state officials desperately try to come up with ritualistic events like the reading of the names and the ringing of the bells rather sickens me instead of inspiring sympathy.

I hate to be cold-hearted but I don't really think that I am. I have a general sense of sympathy and I wish the families well. Just because the spectacle of it all sickens me doesn't mean that I'm inhuman or anti-American.

An that's all I have to say about that.

Much like Doormouse, I think I'll spend my day reflecting on how America's flag-waving nationalist rhetoric is no more than an empty gesture and pretentious arrogance.
"White people is stupid, yo." ~ random black guy from Memphis.

As someone directly involved, I still more mirror DoorMouse's opinion ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Well posted, Tom. My feelings exactly.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

"I can certainly understand that the families of those immediately impacted will need to devote the day to memories and to crying and such but as much general sympathy I have toward these people their lives really didn't intersect with mine and I feel that by treating their tragedy as my own I am cheapening the magnitude of the event."

I agree with this statement.

Glad you had some ribs and your girlfriend yesterday Dave.
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.
-Edgar Allan Poe

-Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn-

We made a home-made bbq sauce for them ...
They were AWESOME!

BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

I reflect on the fact that politicians have used 9-11 as an excuse to kill 500+ people for everyone who died on 9-11, threw trillions of dollars into a hole, and took a huge step towards destroying the civil liberties we all used to take for granted.

Not that I lack sympathy for the people who died or were directly affected, I just think it's important to have perspective in the face of spectacle.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 09:29:29 PM by Emperor Reagan »

Emp I quoted your post at
http://rccr2.tt.cx
, my website, hope you don't mind.
I think it''s really important for people to really understand what really happened.

I reflect on the fact that politicians have used 9-11 as an excuse to kill 500+ people for everyone who died on 9-11, threw trillions of dollars into a hole, and took a huge step towards destroying the civil liberties we all used to take for granted.

Not that I lack sympathy for the people who died or were directly affected, I just think it's important to have perspective in the face of spectacle.

I really wish Fatt would respond to that.

Truth be told, the response made things much worse for everyone, in many respects. Thanks GW, you and your cabal were fucking geniuses.

he would only tell us we were full of shit.

Fucking well said.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Agreed ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

For year #14 year post event ....
Here's a little something illustrating what's happening in the world right about now:
http://www.cracked.com/article_23044_the-13-most-insane-things-happening-right-now-98.html
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')