Quote from: (_)_)===D
By "the beard is gone" you mean you kicked your old lady to the curb and are now openly gay, right?

cartoons(Read 4894 times)
cartoons on: March 25, 2009, 10:32:30 PM
being a parent, i tend to catch a lot of stuff on nickelodeon and cartoon network. and disney channels sometimes, too. anyway, just wondering if there were any folks here who are into cartoons. i mean, i know some of y'all watch family guy or the simpsons but are any of you fans of The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack? probably the best cartoon that's on right now. it's obviously aimed at teenagers/young adults but i watch it with my daughter who's three and she loves it also.

there's a show on disney called phineas and ferb which is actually geared toward kids but i find myself watching it even when i'm alone. it's hilarious. i think a lot of cartoons these days have jokes and innuendos specifically inserted for the sake of parents watching along with their kids.

i greatly appreciate it.
cream filling for hollow victories

Re: cartoons Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 11:26:59 PM
Thumbs up to phineas and ferb.

Theres one called "growing up creepie. pic a goth/emo girl being brought up by insects, living with them still.  its warped enough to be funny to adults.

http://kids.discovery.com/fansites/creepie/

damm, i forgot " a town called panic " check it out at www.atom.com its from the aardman group. it really is for adults but its always placed in the kids programs section over here in oz.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 11:33:47 PM by homeless-joe »
Quote from: FB comment
Look dude, there's only one thing I like that starts with Hot Black Co- and it doesn't end in 'ffee'.

Re: cartoons Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 02:03:10 AM
Clifford the big red dog.

Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

Re: cartoons Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 02:17:32 AM
Flintstones ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Re: cartoons Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 03:08:08 AM
I ended up watching some shows on Cartoon Network for a short time a few years back that came on in the afternoon that caught my interest, like Code Lyoko and a couple others I can't remember, but then I lost interest.  Most cartoon shows today are so stupid that I can't stand to watch them.  I'd rather watch a rerun of Bonanza or Gunsmoke on TV Land.
No one mourns the wicked.

Re: cartoons Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 06:20:06 AM
I got high and watched Road Runner last year. Genius
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: cartoons Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 08:23:54 AM
Fritz the Cat.

Re: cartoons Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 09:27:20 AM
I liked the Spiderman cartoons that came on the CW, but they went off the air.  :(
Like yours.  Only different.

Re: cartoons Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 02:00:47 PM
Fritz the Cat.

Talk about an awkard first impression. I was looking for people to go to the midnight showing back in college and one girl said she'd go, having no idea what the movie was.
Skybox, right up here in section La-Di-Dah.

Re: cartoons Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 09:24:11 PM
Could have been worse, could have been Shame of the Jungle

Re: cartoons Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 10:06:07 PM
Oh yeah!  When my little niece comes to visit We watch Viva Pinata sometimes on my laptop.  She's nuts for the show.  There was another one too, something about dinosaurs and a card game, I think.  She's one of those kids that hates dolls but loves anything having to do with animals or dinosaurs.

Last Christmas I gave her and my other step nieces/nephew each a 20 dollar Wal-Mart gift certificate.  She spent hers on an expensive Alfred Hitchcock"The Birds" barbie doll, just because she wanted the little birds that came with it.  Won't touch the doll.

Re: cartoons Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 03:08:15 AM
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: cartoons Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 03:10:39 AM
Could have been worse, could have been Shame of the Jungle

Could have been Ken Park.
~
A pleasant man with a pleasant weapon

Re: cartoons Reply #13 on: March 31, 2009, 12:16:26 PM
It's hard to get funnier than Warner Bros. classics.
It's hard to get more interesting than Ren & Spimpy (although I must say FLCL pulls quite even).

If you want really good children's movies you should check into Studio Ghibli. They make films that are like Disney films, only worthwhile.

Re: cartoons Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 12:17:55 PM
w3rd @ ghibli, that's how I studied Japanese

Re: cartoons Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 05:01:04 PM
(although I must say FLCL pulls quite even)..

FLCL is amazing.  I think I've finally go it figured out, but every time I watch it I notice something different that gives me something to think about.

Re: cartoons Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 07:27:09 PM
Yeah it is. I'm really into it for a number of reasons not the least of which is its pacing. Very "Dead Leaves."

Re: cartoons Reply #17 on: April 01, 2009, 05:31:32 AM
Invader Zim!

Re: cartoons Reply #18 on: April 01, 2009, 01:12:33 PM
Watching little kids watch Wonder Pets is the cutest thing ever.

Yo Gabba Gabba is fun too.
Go to these sites, and don't forget to tell your friends!
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: cartoons Reply #19 on: April 01, 2009, 06:02:56 PM
Watching little kids watch Wonder Pets is the cutest thing ever.

Yo Gabba Gabba is fun too.

totally! new yo gabba gabba starts... friday i think? woo!

Re: cartoons Reply #20 on: April 02, 2009, 10:35:39 AM
Sweet!
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: cartoons Reply #21 on: April 02, 2009, 10:57:17 AM
i haven't watched any kids cartoons lately, but you can't go wrong with Venture Brothers or Frisky Dingo.  Boosh!

Re: cartoons Reply #22 on: April 02, 2009, 11:00:35 AM
Venture Brothers rules man. I was just watching it this morning. I guess they started making it again cuz it was a new one.
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: cartoons Reply #23 on: April 02, 2009, 04:42:25 PM
Venture Brothers rules man. I was just watching it this morning. I guess they started making it again cuz it was a new one.

Brock.  Fucking.  Sampson.

Yeah, they've made three seasons so far, and the fourth should be airing sometime soon, I think.  That's one series I oughta get on DVD.

Re: cartoons Reply #24 on: April 02, 2009, 05:03:00 PM
Most of the Genndy Tartakovsky stuff I've seen is pretty good.
Then there's Rocko's Modern Life.

Re: cartoons Reply #25 on: April 02, 2009, 08:53:40 PM
In college, I would go to Mr Gatti's Pizzaria and watch Dragonball Z while having all-you-can-eat pizza.

Re: cartoons Reply #26 on: April 02, 2009, 10:21:03 PM
fuck dragonball z. double fuck that fucking movie coming out, too.

Re: cartoons Reply #27 on: April 02, 2009, 10:22:11 PM
You know, I did that for almost two semesters, and I think I didn't even get through the Cell series.

Re: cartoons Reply #28 on: April 04, 2009, 01:53:45 PM
I'm kinda surprised you got through more than just one of those dudes charging up in that amount of time.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.