Quote from: FAH-Q
If I tried to rob someone and they pulled out a big fuckin' dildo I'd abort the mission, so to speak.
If it were Kyle's fakock... I dunno.
Quote from: hip
i'd point and laugh. then grab my boyfriend's glock from his waistband and shoot him. i just learned how!
Quote from: 13chemicals
I imagine you doing this in a camouflage bikini, is that bad?
Quote from: hip
no, because i don't think i'd have a problem doing it in a camouflage bikini, if the situation allowed a for dress-change.
(...as i can't imagine walking around the streets of austin waiting to be mugged in nothing but a camo bikini and an armed boyfriend by my side. i'm no prostitute.)

Speed Poll(Read 3783 times)
Speed Poll on: April 20, 2012, 09:58:23 PM
The question is,

Can amphetamine use for temporary social purposes ever be justified?
Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

Re: Speed Poll Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 01:29:05 AM
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: Speed Poll Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 06:14:47 PM
That's an interesting song but I was really hopping for a bit of personal cometary on the subject. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who has ever used speed (or even cocaine) in this way. Though I haven't had any of either in over two decades I still remember it's effects.

I really need to make some new connections outside of my own head and using speed to facilitate the talking up of potential female contacts I have to admit seems somewhat possible.

Re: Speed Poll Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 06:20:26 PM
I'm the wrong person to comment, in that any sort of major stimulants make me horribly anti-social.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: Speed Poll Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 08:27:40 PM
I can't believe that because I have found they have exactly the opposite effect on me.

Re: Speed Poll Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 03:07:21 AM
Never used it... not interested.

Re: Speed Poll Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 10:22:37 PM
Well, my question is, why would you want to justify or use it?

It's a fucking trap anyway. For me- I can only speak for me.
Of course the first months of use were like bliss. In all the social situations I'd previously struck out in, in any number of ways, speed fixed me. More than fixed me. Speed made me the Me that I assumed everyone wanted to be around.
Strength, charisma, sexual prowess, and unstoppable energy. That all got distilled down to pale skin, dead eyes, lost soul, and a life of constant fear and chasing.

The statement, "I lost everything important to me because of speed." is not correct.

That would imply that speed itself just stole my kids and belongings and self worth.

Speed can't do that on its own.

This might seem like a self righteous schpeal. It's not.

I just don't want anyone to ever use that shit.

All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.
-Edgar Allan Poe

-Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn-

Re: Speed Poll Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 02:34:57 PM
I'm sure I'm the wrong person to ask due to the way my brain works, but I'll give it a go.

I take Dextroamphetmine every day and have been for almost 13 years. I have A.D.D. that was wasn't diagnosed properly until I was about to be an unwed,college dropout, teen mom (screw you MTV for glamorizing that life! ). I was put on it shortly after my daughter was born, and I honestly think it saved my life.  I know I do much better in social situations because I can actually follow multiple streams of information better instead of getting stuck on one thing to the point of ruining it. 

I also live in what was was called "The Meth Capital of the 90's" so of course I tried some back in the day. I wasn't sure why it "didn't work" for me back then. Some of my friends were really into the dope. Some burned out, some had to seek help stopping, and at least 5 chicks I know straight up quit when they discovered they were pregnant.

Having said all of that, I have sold some of my meds. Sometimes I miss a dose and have extras. I get $5 a pill so it isn't killing me. The 4 people I have sold to don't snort it or anything. Its a time-released capsule. They report it doesn't cause them to "crash".

So I would say if you are gonna do it, try to find some pills. Not the shit that's made in someones kitchen.

Re: Speed Poll Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 08:31:16 PM
Yeah back in 73 we could get Crystal Meth for snorting and it was actually pharmaceutical quality, the shit that's sold as crank today is straight up poison. Then later through the remainder of the 70s we could get mini bennies commonly called cross tops by the hundreds,(mostly what the truckers used back then)  those and tablets called hearts were pretty common.  My mom got hearts from a local policeman, she put the money in the mailbox and he would stop by and make the trade. But I haven't used any form of speed since at least the mid 80s except caffeine of course. And I never did it for more that a couple days at the most at any one time. Never even came close to being addicted.  But I do remember how much easier it made conversations.

I've had hydrocodone scripts for the past two years which I don't really need but I like to have em handy. (just got a new script for that today)  Other direction there though. 

I wouldn't be interested in anything except prescription pills because I've seen what goes into street crank and how it screws people up. 

Re: Speed Poll Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 11:42:42 PM
Yes.

Full explanation on this stance will NOT be forthcoming.