Quote from: Drugmoth
Had Tru been hitting the sauce?
Quote from: Tru
posbaly

Church cancels LeRoy Butler's speech after he backs gay NBA player(Read 1540 times)
Church cancels LeRoy Butler's speech after he backs gay NBA player - Milwaukee Journal Sentinell

Shortly after sending a four-word message on Twitter - "Congrats to Jason Collins" - Butler got a call from a member of a church where he was scheduled to give an anti-bullying presentation this summer, he told the Journal Sentinel on Wednesday. Butler confirmed the church is in Wisconsin, but declined to share its name or approximate location.

He assumed the call was to discuss details of the upcoming event. He said he speaks to several churches every year and that sponsors usually help the church raise money to cover his fee - in this case $8,500 - and in turn, donations are collected during the event to benefit the church. He assumed the call was to discuss event details.

Instead, Butler was told the church would cancel his presentation unless he removed the tweet, apologized and asked for God's forgiveness.

-------

"This is a form of bullying, what you're doing. You're trying to get me to do something I don't want to do," Butler said. "He disagreed, and I said, 'We agree to disagree,' and he said 'No, I'm right and you're wrong.' "

Butler later posted on Twitter that he did receive an apology from the church, "but mainly thanking me for not releasing the church name."

... and people wonder why I am against organized religion
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Dave, we're going to need you to remove that post, apologize and ask Cernunnos for forgiveness...

Just kidding. Cernunnos doesn't offer forgiveness.
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

I shall repent, I tell you ...
REPENT!!!
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Churches are fucked.  Sports are the new religion and once athletes can come out, no one is going to pay attention to their shitty little bible verses which may or may not say something about homosexuality and morality anymore.