Quote from: homeless-joe
Quote from: Doormouse
I couldn't put Buddha down.
Doormouse, worlds strongest man.

Quotes of the week nominees ... Years of 2014-2020 (Or So) ...(Read 11111 times)
Yeah ...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 11:10:23 AM by Thrash »
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Re: Quotes of the week nominees ... Year of 2014 ... Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 10:45:08 PM
There haven't been any posts to quote this week.
Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

Re: Quotes of the week nominees ... Year of 2014 ... Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 12:42:32 AM
It's just a formality, man ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Quotes of the week nominees ... Year of 2014 ... Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 01:37:02 AM
A sad one.

Re: Quotes of the week nominees ... Year of 2014 ... Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 01:13:09 AM
I'm not disagreeing ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Quotes of the week nominees ... Year of 2014 ... Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 06:36:18 PM

"Yeah ..."

Quote that.

WTF is everyone doing that they can't post once and a while.
Is life getting so hard now that message boards have become a drag. Slaving away to get by with no time left for this even though that is why they became popular in the first place. Or is it the realization that everything we say is now monitored?

I used to tell people we only had a small window to organize on this format. Meh, closed now.

Re: Quotes of the week nominees ... Year of 2014 ... Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 01:30:49 PM
One compound word ...
Do I really have to say it?
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Quotes of the week nominees ... Year of 2014 ... Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 06:56:12 PM
Hey, Its the best we've seen in two weeks here.

Re: Quotes of the week nominees ... Year of 2014 ... Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 07:03:28 PM
Might as well close the doors and turn off the lights.

Re: Quotes of the week nominees ... Year of 2014 ... Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 10:45:30 PM
Nah, I like the living archive ...
I took time to restore it; it's staying up, goddammit!!!
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Quotes of the week nominees ... Year of 2014 ... Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 06:38:42 PM
You have to make a really strong statement to get a response these days. It's not just here its web wide. I think it's because people have heard so many different opinions of the issues that they are tired of the whole idea of arguing the issues.
Anything short of a "New Pearl Harbour" and our goals of far reaching and varied discourse will fail.   

Re: Quotes of the week nominees ... Year of 2014 ... Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 12:51:10 AM
Rotten.Com killed the "shock posting" we used to do to each other ...
I know that for sure ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Quotes of the week nominees ... Year of 2014 ... Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 01:16:30 AM
Yeah well , I'm not sure about that, maybe we all just got tired of bashing each other when it became clear-young and old-we were all in the same boat.

Re: Quotes of the week nominees ... Year of 2014 ... Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 01:52:52 AM
Maybe ....
Maybe R1 tired us of that ...

There's a lot of factors then ...
I refuse to think we all just "grew up at the same time ... all of a sudden" ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Quotes of the week nominees ... Year of 2014 ... Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 12:58:06 PM
Maybe everyone has become addicted to Candy Crush?

Re: Quotes of the week nominees ... Year of 2014 ... Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 03:39:34 AM
I'm stuck on level 999! HELP!!!!

Just kidding. I used to play that game back when it was called BEJEWELED!!

Re: Quotes of the week nominees ... Year of 2014 ... Reply #16 on: January 25, 2014, 06:45:32 PM
LOL I played it when it was called Bejeweled too.

Now they are trying to copyright the use of the word "Candy" in the title of games.
A couple hundred games could be in violation and subject to damages if that shit goes through.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 08:50:09 PM by Tru »

Re: Quotes of the week nominees ... Year of 2014 ... Reply #17 on: January 26, 2014, 03:11:55 AM
CandyLand's fucked now ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Quotes of the week nominees ... Year of 2014 ... Reply #18 on: January 26, 2014, 08:52:05 PM
Yep!

Re: Quotes of the week nominees ... Year of 2014 ... Reply #19 on: January 27, 2014, 03:07:06 PM
Man, that's a terrible quote ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Quotes of the week nominees ... Year of 2014 ... Reply #20 on: February 01, 2014, 01:31:09 PM
I refuse to think we all just "grew up at the same time ... all of a sudden" ...

Nah, I don't think it's that. I think that the novelty of meeting strangers online for anything other than sexual purposes has worn off to a large extent.

When I started out online, everyone was into chat rooms. Now nobody uses that shit, or at least I haven't heard anything about them in years. Then ICQ and MSN messenger and AIM and all those were popular before everyone had cell phones that could do the same things, but those have all but died off too.

Chat programs were popular about the same time as the rise of the various social media sites, a lot of which were used for a combination of people we know "IRL" and random strangers. I know one of the things I liked about facebook when it first got popular was that unlike hi5 or MySpace it was almost entirely for people I actually knew, and getting added by someone random was a lot rarer.

Obviously, message boards have been around longer than pretty much anything else online, but they've traditionally served a different purpose than any sort of live chat OR private messenger systems, in that they allowed for discussion of various topics, and one didn't actually have to be there at the time of the discussion to be part of it. It makes for a more interesting, and often more well-thought out discussion.

I believe that a big reason that most of the other social media sites failed while facebook succeeded is because they were able to take some of the chat experience, some of the message board experience, and some of the social media experience, and combine them. People post things on their profiles (basically like people posting new threads), they pop up in people's newsfeeds, and people like or comment on them. It doesn't usually make for the type of epic argument or discussion that message boards have allowed, but I think that's partly because people's attention spans are getting shorter, and since almost everyone uses their real name on facebook, people are a little more hesitant to express potentially unpopular opinions, be they genuine or trolls.

But still, lots of times the sort of things people used to post on message boards now get posted on someone's page on facebook, and commenting ensues. Which kind of makes non-topic-specific message boards redundant.

Which is our problem here. To get back to a really fun, hopping board, we'd need new members. But how could we convince anyone to come post here? Why should they, if they don't already know us, bother going to a whole different site just to post about the same shit they probably already do on a more central platform like facebook?

It's sad, I loved and still love the message board format. But I'm glad this place is still here, even if it's probably doomed to never be what it once was.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 01:33:48 PM by FAH-Q »
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: Quotes of the week nominees ... Year of 2014 ... Reply #21 on: February 02, 2014, 01:06:14 AM
I think you are right, but I would expect some of the old crowd to stop in once and a while even if only to let us know they are still alive.

Re: Quotes of the week nominees ... Year of 2014 ... Reply #22 on: February 04, 2014, 08:54:09 PM
... well, I can say a hell of a lot more on here (or ThrashInc) than on a place with my name on it like with FB
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Quotes of the week nominees ... Year of 2014 ... Reply #23 on: October 04, 2014, 02:35:27 AM
FB is evil

Now there is something called  "ello social network" supposed to be open and data farm free, an alternative to FB.

Never been there and I'm not buying it.

Re: Quotes of the week nominees ... Year of 2014 ... Reply #24 on: October 05, 2014, 02:55:17 PM
I'll check it out for you ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Quotes of the week nominees ... Year of 2014 ... Reply #25 on: October 06, 2014, 02:03:26 PM
You can ask for an invite but it takes a long time. I'm trading in my iphone for a simple flip and unplugging. I'll keep the ipad for coffee mornings out but
no more screen addiction.
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: Quotes of the week nominees ... Year of 2014 ... Reply #26 on: October 19, 2014, 02:06:00 AM
Wow; that's huge, man ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Quotes of the week nominees ... Year of 2014/2015 ... Reply #27 on: February 07, 2015, 05:01:52 PM
Extended to include the new year ....
Maybe ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Quotes of the week nominees ... Year of 2014/2015 ... Reply #28 on: February 07, 2015, 10:14:19 PM
Well it wasn't on this board but I just heard a great quote from someone on irc. 

"Frankly, we find your American beer a little like making love in a canoe." "... Making love in a canoe?" "It's fucking close to water."
No one mourns the wicked.

Re: Quotes of the week nominees ... Year of 2014/2015 ... Reply #29 on: February 07, 2015, 10:59:48 PM
Why I drink Malt Liquor !

German beer can get away with being as strong as Malt Liquor and not have the alcohol taste. Don't know how they do it but is a fact.
In America regular beer is in fact very close to water.