Quote from: psychopathetic
whatever, but i'm not licking taint or rimming anyone with a hairy crack.

Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO!(Read 4702 times)
Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! on: September 29, 2014, 04:19:52 PM
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Re: Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 09:54:20 PM
It's no different with diamonds or gold.

They have tens of tons of diamonds held in reserve to make them seem "special".

There are also thousands of tons of gold held by private entities to keep the price of gold up.

Oil is just more of the same shit. 

What did you want from me any way?
Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

Re: Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 02:24:36 PM
I actually wanted to give you a stage for one of your rants about how
it's bullshit that if we started drilling locally that it wouldn't matter ...
I mean there's a lot of good points for you to make on this ...

... and, to be honest, I've been agreeing with more that you've been saying lately
that not, you know, when you'd diatribe on and on about seemingly null points

I honestly wanted to see what you think about this, and if there's a solution to gas prices,
us US citizens financing wars, and keeping those overseas richer than us as a result ...

I thought you'd be the ideal person to ask about this ...
... (you know, before Emp would come and either agree with you or poke holes in it all)

ADDED BEFORE SUBMITTING AS A POST:
... then again, upon rereading your initial reply to it, maybe it's just that simple; it is what it is
... I find it hard to believe though; but it just may be

I just wanted to pick your brain on it a tad (and open interesting discussion on the matter); that's all ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 03:55:41 PM
There is no solution, the situation sucks ass but there is nothing we can do about it. Even if we invaded every oil producing country in the world and took them over, the oil would still be controlled by a cartel headed by a few individuals who would charge the regular people just as much.

The only possible solution is a leap in technology but the people in power who benefit from this situation have been blocking developments in that area at every turn. 

Re: Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 04:49:41 PM
Oh have you heard that the Rockefeller's have announced they are divesting their stocks in fossil fuels?
I wonder what angle they have planed.

Re: Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 09:37:53 PM
Yeah, that is quite interesting, indeed ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 07:58:07 PM
The fact of the matter is that American oil is more expensive to extract. So when the price of crude drops below $80/barrel it ceases to be profitable.

Or so they say...
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 08:51:41 PM
Profit is a subjective quantity, do you really need 100 billion a year or would fifty billion still provide? And how many years of one hundred billion a year is finally enough?

It's not a question of profit at the top, it's a question of power and mass control.

Re: Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 04:26:34 AM
>>The fact of the matter is that American oil is more expensive to extract.<<

If you take that statement at face value it is completely true.
It costs far more to pay a unionized American worker than those in the middle east.

But the cost in the end is the same or even balanced in their favor, so the profit for them is far greater.

It makes sense for American elite today to divest oil stocks. If you can't compete ... change the game.

That's what I see happening. And not a second too soon.

But will it really benefit us or will the next leap in technology also be orchestrated in a way to be metered by the elite?

Re: Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! Reply #9 on: October 05, 2014, 02:49:49 PM
Well, technology advances, as in more efficient vehicles, hybrid, and electrical vehicles will
cause significant drops in their profits, so, thus, we'll be forced to make up for it at the pumps ...

I'm pretty sure the pumps forced us to pay for the majority of the war to "help them (Iraq, at least)" ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 07:46:15 PM
No doubt about that. Securing Iraq's oil was the number one priority of the bush admin. So much so that they had to feed us lie after lie after lie so we would be willing to send our children to to do their dirty work.

And kill a quarter million of those who dared to stand up for their country.

It's not surprising that when faced with IS forces the leftovers we spent billions to train dropped their weapons took off their uniforms and ran away at the first sign of conflict.

We had already killed everyone in the country who dared to stand up.

Re: Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! Reply #11 on: November 02, 2014, 12:30:28 PM
Ok, so, I had a diatribe I was going to post; then I realized that prices were dropping ...
They are down an average of about $.40-$.50/gallon around here in NE Florida (from about $3.35+ to about $2.80 or so) ...

How are they hanging where you are out in CaliLand, and how long do you think this is going to last, Tru?

BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! Reply #12 on: November 02, 2014, 01:20:11 PM
$3.19 for regular is the lowest I've seen, the price has dropped quite a bit the past year.

Oh didn't see your second question, I think the lower prices will last through the winter and will skyrocket back up next year in time for the motoring season.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 02:01:35 PM by Tru »

Re: Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 05:40:55 PM
That's kinda my take on it as well ....
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! Reply #14 on: November 03, 2014, 12:15:41 AM
I saw a station advertising regular at $2.89 tonight.

That's the first time I have seen it below $3 since the first bush year.

Re: Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! Reply #15 on: November 04, 2014, 02:42:29 AM
Yeah; it's $2.79 here at the moment ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! Reply #16 on: November 04, 2014, 07:58:46 PM
I paid $2.74 today in Brunswick.

Re: Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 01:54:51 AM
Geo-Gia is ALWAYS a few cents less ...
It used to be more substantially less ...
... like, I'd fill my vehicle for $.79 when I worked there while Jax was over $1.10+
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! Reply #18 on: November 06, 2014, 06:09:59 AM
Isn't it illegal now to sell product for much less that the competitors?
At least in some market areas.

Re: Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! Reply #19 on: November 06, 2014, 08:03:27 AM
Who is going to complain about price cutting?

COMPETITION MAKES 'MURRICA STRONG, FUCK YEAH!

Until Exxon, Comcast and Ford are the only games I town...

Re: Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! Reply #20 on: November 06, 2014, 12:32:32 PM
Well, there's a state income tax in Georgia, as well as higher taxes to register vehicles that helped curb their fuel costs ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! Reply #21 on: November 09, 2014, 01:36:44 PM
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! Reply #22 on: November 09, 2014, 06:39:55 PM
That's about $4.90/gallon, for those keeping track ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! Reply #23 on: November 09, 2014, 07:04:56 PM
I knew bush would have someone paying $5.00 a gallon.

Re: Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! Reply #24 on: November 10, 2014, 07:52:40 PM

Re: Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! Reply #25 on: November 10, 2014, 09:35:50 PM
So explain then WTF is Petrol? I always thought it was just a sissy UK term for gasoline. I mean obviously it has a derivative meaning based on the word petroleum but could mean any form of petroleum extract used as a fuel.  Are you thinking diesel fuel, because that is true, back during the originally staged gas crisis back in the 70's they started hawking diesel as a cheaper alternative and many car makers followed suit.

Today we see diesel that has been traditionally been cheaper than gasoline for like 60 years now costs more for some unexplained reason.

You guys must have a much higher minimum wage than people in the US to pay so much for fuel. OR, your perceived currency value and exchange rate are manipulated in a way that only makes it seem like you are paying so much more.

Btw I understand that neither your currency or ours has any "real" value. Might as well be toilet paper.

If I persuaded a billionaire backer to build a small refinery in the UK and hauled discount oil from Venezuela and refined and sold gasoline at $4.00US per gallon would you jump at it?

Of course not because it simply wouldn't be allowed today.

Re: Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! Reply #26 on: November 29, 2014, 01:54:16 PM

Re: Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! Reply #27 on: November 29, 2014, 02:54:49 PM
It's also less to refine diesel ...
So, I don't understand why it's higher in price these days as well ....
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! Reply #28 on: November 29, 2014, 03:11:43 PM
There's really no point in trying to figure it out logically. When the entire petroleum industry is controlled by so few players, the pricing structure is bound to be based more on demand and whim than what things actually cost to produce. They have us by the balls for now, and they know it. So if people prefer diesel because they have to buy fewer gallons overall, then the oil companies will charge more for it. So long as they don't charge so much more that it ceases to be economically smart to buy diesel vehicles, people still will.

And even if they did, all they'd have to do would be wait until people started switching en masse to petrol vehicles, then jack up the price of petrol relative to diesel and start the whole thing over again.

Re: Tru - Oil Prices - Annnnnd; GO! Reply #29 on: November 29, 2014, 05:52:00 PM
Yeah ...
Makes sense ...

At least prices are going DOWN for the time being ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')