Quote from: Doormouse
It was an encoded message by the news media.
Translation: Nothing noteworthy happened yesterday.

Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now?(Read 8063 times)
Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? on: December 19, 2014, 01:51:35 AM
I've read and heard quite a few different things/theories ...
Things that can happen, can't happen, will never happen ...

I haven't had a lot of time to keep up with it ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Re: Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 02:47:25 AM
Anything that can happen politically or socially that deosn't involve congress can happen.  Anything that involves congress won't happen unless there's a rider to defund obamacare, ban birth control worldwide, and writes in a stipulation that the president can no longer be anything but white and rich.

Because american are stupid.  McCain is about to call for military action against Cuba for some insane reasoning.  Hide and watch.  And he will still be re-elected.  Because americans are stupid.  You can't just say some americans are stupid anymore after this latest election, because it taught us that a mejority of them are, enough to make the broad statement that americans are mother fucking stupid.

No one mourns the wicked.

Re: Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 02:53:12 AM
Oh, but if you want specifics, the president issued an executive action that relaxes the "we will not talk to Cuba until they renounce COMMIENISMS!" policies we've held to since 1961 after Castro took over.  Because those policies were stupid then and they're even more stupid now, considering we owe half the fucking country in hock to a communist nation right now and almost all of our industry is there.  It's kinda hypocritical.

Re: Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 04:18:02 AM
We should have normalized relations with Cuba 40 years ago. It really has nothing to do with communism, hell look at China. It has everything to do with Cuba throwing out the US corporations and Mafia.
Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

Re: Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 04:35:14 AM
Not to mention their collusion with the USSR to put missiles up in 1962, something that cost us a lot of money and world prestige to defeat back then.

We punish anyone who won't belly up and be our bitch. Ask any Lakota...
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 05:04:15 AM
Yeah they got set up on that deal. But we were putting missiles up in Turkey and a dozen other places around the world so who could blame them for that.  It was to be a trade off, USSR aid for allowing bases, they did try to deal with the US first and were told to fuck off.

And I didn't want to get into this but the US and USSR were never going to war with each other, it was all staged to frighten the masses. Both sides.

Re: Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 05:45:55 AM
I don't think we would have ever really sent nuclear strikes against each other, just because of how monumentally stupid that would be.  It was all dick measuring and grandstanding.

But then again if you had any goddamn idea how many times we've come close to a nuclear exchange as a result of outright stupid tomfuckery...it'd literally scare the shit out of you.

Also Operation Fuck the Sky that the we were carrying out back in the 60's I think.  And Russia's Tsar Bomba.

I say God DAMN Tsar Bomba.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19546_7-nuclear-weapon-screw-ups-you-wont-believe-we-survived.html

Re: Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 08:47:51 PM
Yeah we had a few close calls when I worked for SAC. I'm sure Tru saw some stupid as well...
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 09:25:37 PM
Yep all because of panic at the lower levels. But that's what the cold war was for!

The UFO's over missile bases caused more panic at the top.

Re: Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 09:50:26 PM
The most amazing thing about all of this is that the USSR could never have lasted as long as it did without constant US financial and economic aid. 

People think Reagan ended the cold war, what a fucking joke on us.
It had run it's course and purpose and simply couldn't be supported any longer.
Reagan was the one chosen to end it so that no one in the US would understand what was really happening.

Re: Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 01:11:02 PM
We should have normalized relations with Cuba 40 years ago. It really has nothing to do with communism, hell look at China. It has everything to do with Cuba throwing out the US corporations and Mafia.

Bingo.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? Reply #11 on: December 21, 2014, 04:50:21 PM
* Thrash nods *
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? Reply #12 on: December 23, 2014, 09:32:54 PM
Can I get a what what here cause I've only been saying it for forty fucking years.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 10:21:22 PM by Tru »

Re: Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? Reply #13 on: December 24, 2014, 01:31:27 AM
* Thrash ^5s Tru *
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? Reply #14 on: December 24, 2014, 03:39:48 AM
You can only get a what what if it's in the butt.

Re: Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? Reply #15 on: December 26, 2014, 12:53:19 AM
Hmmmm ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? Reply #16 on: December 27, 2014, 05:39:36 PM
You can only get a what what if it's in the butt.

It's the law.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? Reply #17 on: December 27, 2014, 05:49:24 PM
Cuban, American, or both?
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? Reply #18 on: December 29, 2014, 08:31:06 PM
Maybe it only applies in Aussieland?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 08:34:41 PM by Tru »

Re: Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? Reply #19 on: December 29, 2014, 11:47:23 PM
Well, I dunno; I've heard all about it before ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? Reply #20 on: December 30, 2014, 02:51:16 AM
Wat?

Re: Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? Reply #21 on: December 30, 2014, 01:24:50 PM
This law circa 2007ish ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? Reply #22 on: December 30, 2014, 02:12:08 PM
Well if it's the law,  I guess I'll have to bend over.

Re: Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? Reply #23 on: December 30, 2014, 09:57:45 PM
That's the spirit!!!
... just like the denizens of Cuba!
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? Reply #24 on: December 30, 2014, 10:49:14 PM
I think you would be surprised to know that most Cubans actually supported Fidel.

The few that fled were only seeking a free lunch in the US.

Re: Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? Reply #25 on: January 01, 2015, 02:27:33 PM
I've seen the polls, however, if there are polls given in a communist state, there's room for "conditional error" ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? Reply #26 on: January 07, 2015, 10:03:56 PM
I just read that Cuba has released all of the US named political prisoners it was holding.
A sign of cooperation?

(ya gotta know many of them were CIA agents) They tried and got caught so often it became a real embarrassment for the US.

Re: Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? Reply #27 on: January 09, 2015, 12:00:18 AM
I'm guessing it is ...
I think ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? Reply #28 on: January 09, 2015, 11:55:46 PM
So this is why gas prices are going down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiBoR2pp8k4

Re: Ok ... So ... Uhm ... WTF's Up With Cuba Now? Reply #29 on: January 10, 2015, 03:50:13 AM
Stopped watching when he said that the Crimea thing was a plot by the US government.  That is so monumentally stupid I feel a little dumber for even mentioning it.

The reason oil prices are down is because OPEC is starting to fall apart.  They all agreed to set their prices decades ago, and ceertain members keep going back on that lately, lowering ther prices so they can sell more oil, creating a price war between oil-producing nations and dismantling the trust they basically had controlling the oil market for so many years.  I've heard a couple of people say that it's hybrids/electric cars that caused part of it, but I don't know if they're common enough yet to really be that cause.

At least the OPEC thing is what my roomate says is going down.  He watches all that financial shit all the time and tells me about it.