Quote from: tricky
I AM BORED. SOMEONE DO SOMETHING COOL.
Quote from: homeless-joe
~suicide

Jury Duty(Read 1652 times)
Jury Duty on: November 05, 2015, 09:26:25 PM
The system we have here is so fucked up. For one thing the summons came in Sep for the month of Nov. Then you have to call a recording to find out you have to call again tomorrow, only to find out you have to call again the next day and so on until you are instructed to report. I checked in on Thursday, Friday, Monday and Tuesday, but forgot to check in on Wednesday! Today I noticed the summons again (which I am amazed I was able to keep track of for over a freaking month) and thought oh shit. So I checked in a little after 12:00 today and found out I was supposed to have reported at 8:00 this morning.

Hahahahaha
I really tried to keep up, I had every intention of going in.

So what is the process like in your area?
Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

Re: Jury Duty Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 04:13:40 PM
I don't know; I'm exempt ....
I can't imagine it much easier here though ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Re: Jury Duty Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 04:15:43 PM
How do you get to be exempt?

Re: Jury Duty Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 05:02:00 PM
I got called one back in the mid 90's.  I just got a letter in the mail saying to show up on X day for jury selection.  I got selected for some trial about an old black man suing his insurance company, and was excited about it since I was unemployed at the time and looking forward to the piddly bit of money they pay you, but the asshole settled out of court and I didn't get shit.
No one mourns the wicked.

Re: Jury Duty Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 07:51:15 PM
I just ignored them when I was younger. Nobody ever came after me because of it. But somewhere along the road I decided I have an opinion on most everything so why not be a juror. But so far I have been thwarted at each opportunity. That's one of the reasons I dislike the current system, because I forgot to check in one day I was denied the opportunity to participate.  I should sue!