Quote from: Zoomie
You are VERY awesome.
Quote from: Thrash
So's my mom ...
Quote from: bagman
I can attest to that.
Quote from: mosh
I have the photographic evidence to back that up.

Moonshiners(Read 1969 times)
Moonshiners on: December 17, 2015, 01:35:07 PM
Anyone watch this? It's interesting and on pare with pot growing on the legal/illegal side.

Thing about this show is the local law enforcement has to be in on it!

Despite the fact these guys buy large amounts of exotic materials they have an entire crew following them around and are well known local celebrities.
Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

Re: Moonshiners Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 07:48:05 PM
Oh, all of "reality TV" is staged; look at South Beach Tow, for example ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Re: Moonshiners Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 09:40:07 PM
Yeh I am aware of that, but SBT and Lizard Lick are at least based on actual legal businesses.
Moonshining is supposed to be quite illegal. However it isn't so quite black and white I recently found.

Free permit to distill alcohol.
http://www.coppermoonshinestills.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/alcoholpermit.pdf
Fill it out correctly and as long as your production stays below a certain point you are legal.

You may face an inspection to assure you aren't a threat to neighbors and your facilities are secure.

The last episode of Moonshiners had a couple of the boys up in Canada. It seems in Canada grain crops are at a premium so the local boys have developed a method of distilling straight brown sugar. sometimes along with molasses or other fruits but for their main shine, its almost pure sugar.

The Cana boys used an old stainless beer keg as a boiler and a simple worm to cool the evaporate.
We (my son and I) have an old beer keg, since they can't be normally scrapped. So I'm thinking next summer, when the mulberries are free, why not?
They are fucking sweet enough, and mostly go to waste. 

Re: Moonshiners Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 10:05:23 PM
Oooo fancy

http://www.coppermoonshinestills.com/

All of this guys stills use a passive heat exchanger system instead of a flowing water barrel and copper coil for cooling. Well they need to be self contained.

Easy to see how it works though, the vapors exit down a pipe that has been closely wound with another small diameter tube using some heat exchange medium, possibly Freon or some other gas/liquid in the small cooling coil.

The vapor tube and coil are them inserted into a larger pipe to make it all nice and neat. The alcohol vapor doesn't go through a cooling coil but goes down a section of pipe cooled by heat induction/convection.

The temp gauge is a nice touch though.

Re: Moonshiners Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 03:42:35 PM
I've been debating buying a small "home still" and making it here ...
I make killer wines, so,why not try and take it up a notch?
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Re: Moonshiners Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 12:44:15 AM