Quote from: Thrash
It's why I drink ...
Each voice in my head has a different alcohol tolerance ...
EVENTUALLY, I'm all alone and able to drift in peace ...

Typical problems with all movies.(Read 2011 times)
Typical problems with all movies. on: April 18, 2018, 11:53:58 PM
1) strike two easily accessed wires together
and steal a car. (easy to see the problem with
this one today) Yet they still do it every week.

2) If using a weapon capable of auto fire it
must fire this way. (even if 50 rounds hit no
target) And even if ammo is at a premium.

3) westerns, revolvers firing 12 to 15 rounds
without reloading. (also applies to modern
weapons in movies)

4) when escaping from somewhere the best course of action is to run down the middle of the road thinking you might get somewhere. When you hear your pursuers driving up behind you  ... just run faster. (but stay in the road)   

5) Bombs (the real point of this) Are so sophisticated that disarming them requires a lot of intelligence or is impossible. Yet they often have a telltale countdown display or a big red flashing light while they are supposed to be hiding. (WTF)

Yet every bomb, regardless of how sophisticated the timer or relay mech, it suffers from two weak points, they need power, and they need detonators in the mix to set them off.

Question often is red wire or blue wire. Well shit if you can't tell a battery  or detonator from the rest of the stupid shit and only think you need to defeat the timer? What a fucking dufus.

Besides if you just smash the timer electronics there is very little chance the detonators will ever get a proper signal. So why make it so dramatic?   

I'm sure someone else can come up with a few more ways silly people are being programed though movies.

6) Oh I almost forgot. LAWS aka the "M72 LAW (Light Anti-Tank Weapon, also referred to as the Light Anti-Armor Weapon or LAW as well as LAWS Light Anti-Armor Weapons System) is a portable one-shot 66-mm unguided anti-tank weapon." 
...firing several rounds after one another!??? As often seen.
Um we were trained to stomp on these and crush them once fired to prevent the enemy from using them as mortar tubes. They are only thin fiberglass (plastic) after all.

<Edit> Wozzeck
"Tru is what happens when you combine a Phillip K Dick novel with a house full of cats."

LOL
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 01:56:24 AM by Tru »
Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

Re: Typical problems with all movies. Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 11:53:52 AM
The disarming bombs thing is one of the things I find incredibly annoying. There's a really good reason bomb disposal teams do everything they can to avoid actually touching a bomb. They use robots, x-ray machines, water jets, and a variety of other tools to deal with bomb. In the movies or on TV, everyone who disarms a bomb should be dead. A sophisticated bomb maker is going to incorporate anti-tampering devices and fail safes: you'll never get to the innards without triggering it. An amateur maker's device is liable to be unstable, which is its own anti-tampering device.

The "good guys" are almost always accurate. That's untrue. In Vietnam, 50,000 rounds of small ammunition were fired for every enemy kill. In Iraq & Afghanistan, the current statistic is 250,000 rounds per kill. Friendly and innocent kills are completely ignored for the good guys. And everyone is shooting. Estimates from Vietnam were that ~80% of soldiers would fire at the enemy.

But I almost never watch TV or movies now because I think it's all pro-military, pro-government propaganda. 

Re: Typical problems with all movies. Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 01:28:39 AM
Thanks for replying Emp. I agree with your assessment of bombs, but in the movies they are always connected to C4, with detonators! Hahaha that can simply be pulled out. Now Ted had a different idea, make it look like a random piece of 2X4 LOL

Anyway I noticed another irritating aspect of movies, racking the mechanism.
It seems every time they show a guy loading a weapon, and especially shotguns they rack it to load the first round, then when they confront whoever they rack it again and you never see a round being ejected. True for hand guns as well. They use the action of racking the weapon for effect over and over in the same scene. 

I also agree with you on the pro-military, pro-government propaganda aspect, with the addition of supporting religion all the while.

I think your estimate of a quarter million round per kill in Iraq to be accurate as well. Shit the entire population of Iraq was less than any single well developed city in the US) But our boys were actually trained to do that! It was the shock and awe bullshit promoted by the bush's. They wanted as many systems and rounds to be expended as possible. Not to "scare" the enemy but to use up what had already been paid for. Every 1.5 million dollar cruise missile and every other system they used up had to be replaced by the taxpayers at three to five or even up to ten times the original cost, with all proceeds going to the MIC. 

I don't watch any television, haven't in two decades now. Have been thinking of buying a new TV but it doesn't seem important.  I do however watch movies all day and night. (sad face emoji) because I have little else to do, but this allows me to see exactly what you were saying and I have become immune to it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 01:53:39 AM by Tru »

Re: Typical problems with all movies. Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 01:50:14 AM
I wanted to add. while there is rampant propaganda in our movies, it is more the news casters on national TV who set the theme. They often report serious issues, but then 'ad-lib' scripted bullshit to "help" direct viewers opinions on whatever issue they are currently commenting on.

Re: Typical problems with all movies. Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 09:10:23 AM
At least some Israeli groups teach to rack a handgun every time you draw it (or if you disarm someone and are going to use their weapon), but they don't keep a round in the chamber while carrying. It makes zero sense for American media, though, since we're a "locked and loaded" gun culture.

While I like almost all female nudity in movies, I'm annoyed when it's shoehorned in and doesn't make sense. Or where it's necessary to a role and the actress doesn't take her clothes off (playing a stripper in Sin City, for instance).

I don't watch any news. I consider it all far-right, authoritarian garbage.

Re: Typical problems with all movies. Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 10:31:19 AM
That's why I love the Sig Sauer P226's decocking feature, it allows you to have a round chambered and still be safe but ready.

I just watched the last episode of "The Expanse" and it reminded me of another irritation with modern TV, having bright lights inside helmets! Yeah this is like having a bright light inside your car when driving at night, it would blind the fuck out of you. But I guess they need to highlight the actors faces for video.

Re: Typical problems with all movies. Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 10:38:14 AM
Have you read the Fake tit's post? There is a nice clip of Supergirl topless posted there. Shit I guess I should learn her real name, but still she is pretty perky.

Re: Typical problems with all movies. Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 02:11:19 AM

I have noticed yet another failure of all movies (respectfully) is that when lone agents are sneaking into somewhere they either have laser sights and or bright flashlights. True for the bad guys too.

Seriously, 'you are sneaking' LOL

Re: Typical problems with all movies. Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 05:12:29 PM
Have you read the Fake tit's post? There is a nice clip of Supergirl topless posted there. Shit I guess I should learn her real name, but still she is pretty perky.
http://loaded-gun.com/index.php/topic,2869.0.html

==============

Moving on; there was a LOT more gunfire in the 1970s shows that now ...
With the exception on CHiPs ...
... I think Barry was the only one to ever draw a gun; once ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Re: Typical problems with all movies. Reply #9 on: April 29, 2018, 10:48:28 PM
Ah I see another problem with movies, they often show a person picking a lock, but they never actually turn the lock cylinder?

To be honest I have seen a couple recently where they actually appeared to turn the lock cylinder but even then, not far enough to actually unlock the door.

If this were so easy they would do this when stealing cars as well. Solve the problem of the locking steering wheel that they always ignore.

Re: Typical problems with all movies. Reply #10 on: April 30, 2018, 09:04:19 AM
I've often wondered about the "hotwire without unlocking the wheel" thing ...
Sure; you can start it; you just can't drive it ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Typical problems with all movies. Reply #11 on: April 30, 2018, 04:01:52 PM
It was #1 on my list. lol
Oh and good luck getting to the wires required.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 08:05:57 PM by Tru »

Re: Typical problems with all movies. Reply #12 on: May 01, 2018, 03:47:00 AM
It depends upon the age of the car ...
Pre-70's ... Maybe ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Typical problems with all movies. Reply #13 on: May 01, 2018, 11:08:52 PM
Well duh! But how many times is that the case in modern videos?

Now boats, hell yeah easy as slipping on shit. Most military vehicles don't even use keys and that's true for many helicopters as well. But the average car today ... No fucking way.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 11:24:03 PM by Tru »