Quote from: Krapsna, on ThrashInc.Com, to Kyle
PS: If you're ever on a first date with a girl who's extremely nervous it's not because she's afraid you're going to make a move on her, it's because she's afraid you're NOT going to make a move.

So Thrash flat earth or globe ... GO!(Read 3693 times)
So Thrash flat earth or globe ... GO! on: June 22, 2018, 12:48:35 AM
Been seeing a lot about this question online lately wondering your thoughts.
Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

Re: So Thrash flat earth or globe ... GO! Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 03:30:16 PM
Are you referring to the flat "relief map" globe over "spherical" globe?
(as there are a couple of ways to answer that question)

For example:
I like the round globe itself, well, because it's "standard" and just cool ...
... more so if it's topographical
... I use GPS a fuck-ton for just about everything I do, thus, I'm more
used to "flat globe/maps" as of late
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Re: So Thrash flat earth or globe ... GO! Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 07:11:12 PM
I was referring to the flat earth people versus the round earth people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_flat_Earth_societies

Re: So Thrash flat earth or globe ... GO! Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 09:50:13 PM
Oh ...
Morons exist everywhere, dude ...

Did you know that there are people out there that
actually still believe in God?
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: So Thrash flat earth or globe ... GO! Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 10:57:48 PM
The thing that gets me about all the "flat earth" maps these people sport Is that if the world were shaped like that you could never sail straight West from the West Coast and ever get to Japan, Korea or China, all you could hope for is finding the fictional ice wall. And wouldn't that be south everywhere?

Re: So Thrash flat earth or globe ... GO! Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 02:55:13 PM
Theoretically, yes ....
Funny thing; not only was Christopher Columbus a colossal moron and failure, the common belief at the time he set sail was that the Earth WAS round ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: So Thrash flat earth or globe ... GO! Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 01:44:02 AM
Yep it was pretty well understood at the time.
Colombo was also a religious fanatic, and that seems to be the seed behind the new flat earth movement. Though few sites or videos actually mention the bible connection (some do) it is always implied or scripted between the lines.

One of the first things Christoforo did upon reaching the Islands is to burn 13 natives at the stake in reverence to jebus and the 12 disciples. Well he actually had another reason for this, he wanted to show the power of himself and his men to the remaining natives so that he could force all the able bodied people to start digging for gold. Joke was on him, there was no fucking gold anywhere to be found.

Re: So Thrash flat earth or globe ... GO! Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 06:52:32 PM
Exactly ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: So Thrash flat earth or globe ... GO! Reply #8 on: June 27, 2018, 07:23:26 PM
I come back to this flat earth topic in my thoughts, because the flat earthers do go to a lot of trouble to make their explanations for his shit make sense. But also because I have a friend, a young woman working at the supermarket, maybe 26 or so. She just had a baby and came back from a long leave but that is beside the point. Anyway one of the things her and I first discussed was about this question, and although she isn't excessively religious she thinks the earth is flat! I haven't argued the point with her, I barely see her, just whenever I come across her in the store but she is pretty level headed, just a typical American worker.

Kinda scares me.   

Re: So Thrash flat earth or globe ... GO! Reply #9 on: June 28, 2018, 10:09:34 AM
How can anyone be that ignorant in this day and age?

Then again, I honestly thought religion would phase out by now too ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: So Thrash flat earth or globe ... GO! Reply #10 on: June 29, 2018, 10:13:59 PM
I did mention the impossibility of being able to go west from Ca and get to china, (shit you would have to go 10,000 miles or more out of your way)  but she just looked at me. I don't think she has ever even looked at a flat earth map but something in her upbringing is influencing her rational thinking.

Re: So Thrash flat earth or globe ... GO! Reply #11 on: July 01, 2018, 08:53:19 PM
Probably religion ...

I think I have a good slogan for them:
"Flat Earthers ...
... Proving there's enough dumbasses to go around!"
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: So Thrash flat earth or globe ... GO! Reply #12 on: July 03, 2018, 02:10:46 AM
Aw, common man the girl is a friend of mine, married with a new child.
I haven't had a chance to discuss why she feels as she does. But the chance likely will come.

Re: So Thrash flat earth or globe ... GO! Reply #13 on: July 04, 2018, 03:28:32 AM
I would love to hear this one ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: So Thrash flat earth or globe ... GO! Reply #14 on: July 04, 2018, 04:11:30 AM
Me Too! Guess I'll have to check in more often.
But I have to have my argument ready, how do you support a globe earth?
Come on, I need you to guide me through it.

Re: So Thrash flat earth or globe ... GO! Reply #15 on: July 04, 2018, 06:53:25 PM
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: So Thrash flat earth or globe ... GO! Reply #16 on: July 04, 2018, 10:35:24 PM
Hahaha, punk.

Re: So Thrash flat earth or globe ... GO! Reply #17 on: July 05, 2018, 02:03:47 AM
Just sayin' ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: So Thrash flat earth or globe ... GO! Reply #18 on: July 23, 2018, 10:08:52 PM
Well I do consider her a friend so I gave her a $120 14k gold and opal necklace I had no use for. I bought it as an impulse buy then realized the ex would never wear it. Doesn't hurt she is cute as well but beside the point. 

Well at least I'm not leaving whisky bottles and brand new cars in my wake!

Re: So Thrash flat earth or globe ... GO! Reply #19 on: July 26, 2018, 09:16:19 AM
Hmmmm ....
So, is she gonna "take you around the [flat] world"?
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: So Thrash flat earth or globe ... GO! Reply #20 on: September 10, 2018, 04:03:21 PM
Her butt proves the world is round. hehehe

Re: So Thrash flat earth or globe ... GO! Reply #21 on: September 10, 2018, 10:03:56 PM
That didn't answer my question ...
(Or did it?)
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: So Thrash flat earth or globe ... GO! Reply #22 on: November 24, 2019, 12:02:44 AM
The "Flat Earth Theory" Theory Was Pushed To Make The Church Seem Backward
When the circumference of the Earth was calculated in the 3rd century BCE (after first being theorized two centuries earlier), it totally made sense to most people. After all, if the giant fireball and the chunk of cheese in the sky were spheres, why wouldn't our planet be one too? Nobody told Christopher Columbus his ships were going to fall off the edge of the Earth when he decided to take the long route to Asia. That was a bit of flourish added by someone who wrote a novel about him centuries later.

Now, the myth of the flat Earth may not have spread a whole lot back in the day ... but the myth of the myth of the flat Earth did, and for a very specific reason. When that aforementioned novel about Columbus came out in 1828, some anticlerical scholars smelled an opportunity to show how hostile
the Catholic Church was to scientific thinking. French author Antoine-Jean Letronne published an article titled "On The Cosmological Opinions Of The Church Fathers," which basically argued that Catholic priests and the pope had the big dumb, citing the fake Columbus story as evidence. Each new book about Columbus drew from the previous one and expanded on the generalized stupidity of his contemporaries, until they made it look like he was the only person in Spain who didn't think the Earth was a pancake.

Meanwhile, an English scholar named William Whewell gave the myth even more credence by taking three obscure flat Earth believers from history and making it look like theirs was a common belief in the "Dark Ages." It's like when the media pretends two teenagers eating deodorant on YouTube is a new fad. Of course, there's always the possibility that a lot of people did share this belief back then, but we just didn't know it because Facebook didn't exist yet.
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: So Thrash flat earth or globe ... GO! Reply #23 on: November 25, 2019, 06:39:42 PM
Wherefore dost thine quote originate good sir?

Re: So Thrash flat earth or globe ... GO! Reply #24 on: November 26, 2019, 12:48:21 AM
Oh, shit ...
I thought I linked it ...

I'll have to go and find it; it was from ....
Fuck, I forget now ....
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')