Quote from: 13chemicals
I do not look like that robot.  You look like the Monopoly man if I look like the sex robot, Thrash.

Health issues(Read 12247 times)
Health issues on: July 13, 2018, 07:26:38 PM
Um well I have officially been diagnosed with Heart Failure. So maybe Mike will get his wish.

Anyway, I've been having shortness of breath on exertion for quite a while. Makes it hard to get much done. Had several tests already but have a cardiac catheterization scheduled for next week, just to see if it's a weak heart of if there is some blockage.

Either way, I consider myself lucky to have made it this long considering my family hisory. They say just the radioactive die can kill some people so if you don't hear from me after that ... LOL

The medication I was put on over a week ago is helping, maybe I'll try a couple of Vacaroo offerings soon while I can still breathe.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 07:42:38 PM by Tru »
Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

Re: Health issues Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 05:02:08 AM
That's not good, bro ...
You aren't that old, if I recall ...

Thankfully, the genetics in my family are good, however, past self-abuse can always come back to kick my ass ...

I wish you well, Mate ...
Please keep me/us updated ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Re: Health issues Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 05:59:05 PM
Well this is a weird turn of events. I went in for blood work on Monday as a runner up to the process scheduled for Thursday. Early Tue before I was even up I got 3 calls from Kaiser representatives concerned about one of the tests.

It seems the normal blood count (hemoglobin) starts at a min of 145 ... mine was 56! They wanted me to immediately go to the local emergency room. Well a couple hours later I did, and they did a bunch of tests and could not believe I felt fine and wasn't dizzy. Anyway they gave me a transfusion of two units of whole blood and a drip of saline which they made me piss right the fuck back out with an injection of Lasix. So anyway the heart procedure has been put off until they can figure where half my blood went. I thought something was up the day I went in to see the cardiologist because my BP was really low 90/51. But I haven't lost any blood through any of the common reasons! And it's not escaping inside either. A mystery.

Well there is the update.   

Re: Health issues Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 08:32:17 PM
If I didn't add a conspiracy angle ...
LOL, Seems strange that I went from healthy to sick shortly after starting a few different medications, and I have to wonder if this transfusion wasn't just to inject their nanites into me ARRRGggee. I've been compromised! 

Okay stupid yeah but not too far fetched.

As an aside to that, the veins in my arms and hands have made a major appearance since the transfusion. I remember they used to be pretty prominent when I was younger but for the last couple years not so much. It was a bit of a surprise to see them fully stocked after the transfusion. Guess this problem is several years old.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 08:50:49 PM by Tru »

Re: Health issues Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 11:05:52 PM
Dang... and I was whinging about my squamous cell carcinoma, the regular and copious of blood loss from my anus and the fact that I am now 40 pounds overweight and the fattest I've been EVER...

Be well Mike. Keep us posted.
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: Health issues Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 11:55:00 PM
Baking soda cures all cancers sir.

Also stay out of the sun it's more dangerous now than it has been for a few thousand years. Seek out chemtrails as cover. hehehe

Um and thanks for the concern.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 12:07:45 AM by Tru »

Re: Health issues Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 01:04:09 AM
I've been in contact with a cremation service Called The Trident Society.
Now this all looks pretty good, complete services start at 2,344. But they also have a connection where they can get you put in a serviceman's crypt so your family doesn't have to deal with the ashes. Is this a good deal?

Re: Health issues Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 10:04:22 AM
Dude you’re a vet. Let the VA pay for it.

Re: Health issues Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 10:44:46 PM
Yeah I've been trying to set that up.

Re: Health issues Reply #9 on: July 20, 2018, 09:30:37 PM
Seems they only pay a flat rate now.

>>Non-service-related Death

VA will pay up to $762 toward burial and funeral expenses for deaths on or after October 1, 2017 (if hospitalized by VA at time of death), or $300 toward burial and funeral expenses (if not hospitalized by VA at time of death), and a $762 plot-interment allowance (if not buried in a national cemetery). <<

Still looks like about half of what it would cost.

Re: Health issues Reply #10 on: July 23, 2018, 05:27:54 PM
Damn, it's yet another way the g'b'munt is gonna fuck you once more after death ...

I don't know what to say about the other stuff ...
That BP/Count is usually damn-near fatal ...
I'd have pumped you with Lactated Ringers and Saline if I came across you on the street like that ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Health issues Reply #11 on: July 23, 2018, 08:00:59 PM
>>I'd have pumped you with Lactated Ringers and Saline if I came across you on the street like that ...<<

Hahaha yeah, that's why they got so excited, but I had no symptoms, I felt fine, actually almost walked to the ER since they didn't want me to drive and it was so early. (I got a ride to but did walk back home) All I thought about at the ER is how good a chocolate bar and coffee from the doughnut shop would be right now. LOL And also I didn't have a chance to feed all my cats and make sure they all had water. The shit evaporates quick this time of year.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 08:30:22 PM by Tru »

Re: Health issues Reply #12 on: July 23, 2018, 08:48:24 PM
So Thrash do you think my habit of drinking 2 to 3.5 forties a night contributed to this situation?

Even though my liver and kidney functions are still perfect? (well within normal anyway) Even my glucose and cholesterol levels are now smack in the middle of perfect.

And I had psoriasis on both my legs, (really bad on my left) one thumb and my scalp for a few years, (started when I was in jail, lost a thumb nail that started it). The patch on my right leg started when I got bit by a dog while riding my bike.   That has all cleared up now! Didn't even medicate it regularly, just picked at it when it was scaly. Weird.

While I was dealing with it I found that the stuff from the dollar store worked much better than the prescriptions I had.  It's an aspirin based cream.

Oh I wanted to add both the lasix and the Coreg they put me on have a tendency to lower BP, plus the restricted sodium diet. I've been monitoring my BP the past week on my own while individually restricting my prescriptions and the Coreg can drop it some, but the lasix can really bring it down, so together along with the sodium restriction and alcohol interaction the effect can be a serious transient BP problem.

Still can't explain the low BC. Can't wait to get another test to see if the transfusion fixed anything or was just a stop gap measure. Hell give me another, bar keep! LOL I asked my cardiologist if she thought it was vampires! Hahahaha

One problem with the transfusion, I developed a gout flare up in my right foot afterwards. They may screen for a myriad of things when selecting donors but I bet Uric acid level isn't one of them.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 09:29:47 PM by Tru »

Re: Health issues Reply #13 on: July 26, 2018, 09:31:05 AM
That's an issue with blood transfusions ... Well, one of many ...

As far as the low BP thing, yes, drinking can cause you to be unbalanced ...
The excessive water in the beer, yet the alcohol as a diuretic, can cause its own issues ...

Thing is, is you drink a lot, and have a limited sodium diet, the diuretic (alcohol) does two things ...
1) Unbalances your electrolytes (which can cause those symptoms)
2) Elevates your ketoacids ... This can cause complications such as raised ionic content in blood
(emulating, and eventually causing drops in sodium/electrolytes, thus causing lowered blood pressure)

It's not a coincidence that when you drink, the only way alcohol escapes your body is after it's burned off
(as it's a "sugar") and causes a form of ketoacidosis/same as a diabetic that's hyperglycemic ...
It can be hard for us medics/police/ems to tell if someone if hyperglycemic or drunk; it's the same basic
smell and causes the same basic symptoms (disorientation, dizziness, fruity smell on the breath, etc) ...

What you've described can go in different directions from your symptoms, however, collectively, make a little more sense ...
The others, since your transfusion, are explained with the lack of total testing of the blood ... Whatever condition it was truly in ...

Read this real quick ... It'll explain at least part of it ...
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/diabetic-ketoacidosis/symptoms-causes/syc-20371551
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Health issues Reply #14 on: July 29, 2018, 01:14:01 AM
Yep.
I'm not even close to being diabetic though, at one time I was classified as "pre-diabetic" but the last ten or so blood test have put that issue to rest. Just too much sugar before that one test.

You are right about incomplete blood tests though. I just had a new round of tests done this past week and they reveled I'm severely low on iron, I didn't think that was something guys usually have a problem with but could help explain the previous results. However this round of tests except for the iron all came back in the normal range.
The reason I say it was incomplete is because from what I can tell they didn't test for the blood count or hemoglobin or whatever the fuck that specific test that got everyone excited was or is abbreviated.

So, I started taking iron and asked the Dr, where do we go from here.

I told him how much I drink and he had me get B-complex (I already knew about this and have had it on hand), Folic acid and a multi vitamin. (this was before the results came in). Well my B-12 levels and Folate levels are well within normal already. So not sure if that will help anything. 

Re: Health issues Reply #15 on: July 30, 2018, 03:24:02 PM
My next question would have been if you are, or ever were anemic in any way, or at any time ....
Hmm ....
Let's wait for the next follow-up and see where it takes you with this new(er) course of action ...
(and I was relating to the diabetic/excessive drinking for reference)
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Health issues Reply #16 on: July 30, 2018, 03:47:05 PM
I seem to be right now but have never been (as far as I know) in the past.
The Dr suggested to continue with the B-complex but agrees the Folate probably isn't needed.

Re: Health issues Reply #17 on: July 31, 2018, 06:58:47 PM
Dr said my hemoglobin count is stable at 8.4 which means i haven't lost any ground recently. But I looked it up and the normal count is 13.8 to 17.2.
So still pretty low. Said for me to keep taking the iron pills but I have no idea where to go from here.

Re: Health issues Reply #18 on: August 13, 2018, 04:47:22 PM
Not sure why (more iron), other than to avoid anemia symptoms ...
Yeah, your counts are still a little off, bro ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Health issues Reply #19 on: August 14, 2018, 03:10:25 PM
WooHoo I got it up to 9.0, however looking over past results I noticed as far back as 2012 I was already below the low normal minimum and apparently have been for many years.

Re: Health issues Reply #20 on: August 14, 2018, 11:28:44 PM
Here are the last test results;

Component    Your value   Standard range
Hgb               9.0 g/dL          13.0 - 17.0 g/dL
Hematocrit        34.4 %                  39.0 - 51.0 %

Re: Health issues Reply #21 on: August 15, 2018, 12:56:14 PM
Hmm ....
No other apparent causes though?
Interesting, indeed ...

You are climbing though ....
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Health issues Reply #22 on: August 16, 2018, 02:31:51 AM
>>Not sure why (more iron),<<

Well one reason is a lot of the foods that are rich in iron were previously on my banned foods list because of gout. Doesn't mean I stopped eating them but I really did cut back, a lot. Don't know if that was a factor. (pssst I think the gout meds may have contributed to my current situation) but that idea is not supported by the medical industry.

Btw I have had a few random really short chest pains today and got really dizzy for a short time while walking. More beer solved that problem.

Re: Health issues Reply #23 on: August 17, 2018, 09:48:33 AM
Ahhhh, I forgot about the gout thing ...
Ok, it's a little clearer now ....
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Health issues Reply #24 on: August 22, 2018, 05:50:30 PM
Even though it may be a contributing factor, I strongly advise against putting down the alcohol. Not just because I happen to like the taste as well as the effects, but because someone very close tpo me went cold turkey, had a seizure and over the next 8 months her body began to shut down and then she died.

Re: Health issues Reply #25 on: August 22, 2018, 07:38:58 PM
That's good advice sir, the only doctor who has even suggested I quit was the cardiologist. I quit cold turkey back in 2002 and stayed straight and sober for close to if not 7 years. But I had no fun and being sober solved nothing.

My HGB is up to 9.1 but my Hematocrit has dropped slightly from 34.4 to 32.9. Blood pressure remains on the low edge of normal at 99/66 but my weight has gone up from 143 to 150. BMI is 22.22

Re: Health issues Reply #26 on: August 23, 2018, 08:11:30 PM
I'd say you're moving in a better direction ...

I haven't drank in over a year now ...
Sobriety sucks ...
Seriously ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Health issues Reply #27 on: August 29, 2018, 09:52:52 AM
I'm back on the one beer or one bourbon after dinner train. Fourteen drinks per week is moderate so I'm a lightweight.

Re: Health issues Reply #28 on: August 29, 2018, 05:08:50 PM
Last test results are in, I'm up to 10.5g/dl on hemoglobin so yeah moving in the right direction, Hematocrit is up at 38.5%. Both of these are still well below normal but getting closer.

None of this is explaining where my blood went in the first place.

Shit I bought 5 40's yesterday and got pretty wasted, but I didn't drink them all. Still have one unopened today and a few partials because as soon as the shit isn't cold anymore, or I crash out, I put the lid back on and it goes back in the fridge to be finished off later usually swapped for a cold one.

So you have two dinners a day? Interesting.

Re: Health issues Reply #29 on: August 29, 2018, 07:01:34 PM
Lack of blood; I can't explain that ...
Unless you were so dehydrated it took the volume ...

Are you sure you're not talking about this "patient zero" thing because you're undead?
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')