Quote from: homeless-joe
druigs do enhance proformance.

Do you go to bars by yourself?(Read 12226 times)
Do you go to bars by yourself? on: April 10, 2009, 06:41:09 PM
If so, under what circumstances?

I've only done it once... I had some time to kill so I sat there at the bar and read a magazine and drank some cider.

Do you go to meet people or what? I guess I'm sort of a wimp when it comes to going to bars alone.
you treat me like a monologue ho

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 06:52:37 PM
Yes.
When I get bored and nobody else wants to go out.
It's only a 3 min walk away and I went to highschool with the manager.

Knowing all the staff makes it easier to meet people. The males talk to me becuase I chat to the female staff and the women talk to me becuase the female staff tell them im ok.

This is an australian Suburban bar though, 4 miles from the CBD. Theres a sports betting section, pokies, restaurant.

I always go out to NYC bars alone however with my accent it's easy to get picked up/meet people.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 06:53:35 PM by homeless-joe »
Quote from: FB comment
Look dude, there's only one thing I like that starts with Hot Black Co- and it doesn't end in 'ffee'.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 07:00:15 PM
I don't go to bars at all except J. Patricks and then it's usually to meet one of you goons.

No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 07:05:31 PM
in europe when i'm alone i do all the time and i end up meeting people and having a great time.

i used to go a  place down by my old apartment alone and i was friends with the bartender so half the time i'd go in if it was empty just to see him. 

i'd definitely go alone to a bar to kill time waiting to meet up with someone but for some reason i just don't have the fun doing it in the states that i do when i'm in europe.

i can't remember the last time i did it... which would be a good sign, if i wasn't so happy just drinking alone at home.
He indicated my book, said, 'It's that rubbish that has you the nobody you are.'

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 07:32:45 PM
I go to bars alone.  I'll have a couple of pints and read.  I'd rather just walk to the bar and have a couple of pints than walk to the liquor store, wander around to pick something out, then have a bunch of beer sitting in my house.

I sometimes end up talking to people.  It's always because they approach me though.  I'm never there to meet people. 

I have a lot of bizarre conversations with strangers generally so the occassional one in a bar is no surprise.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 07:48:26 PM
Yes. I am very selective about the company I drink with.
It's truly a shame I am no longer there to yell at girls to make out with you.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 09:49:57 PM
i don't ever go to bars. even when i had no children and was drinking heavily i didn't go to bars.

oh, wait. yes i did. i went to gay bars with my secret boyfriend. but i was already hammered by the time i got there so i don't remember much of it.
cream filling for hollow victories

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 10:04:01 PM
Did you have trouble sitting after nights like that?

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 10:08:49 PM
Did you have trouble sitting after nights like that?

no, actually! he always was making me play pool with him and then telling me that every girl he'd ever taught to play pool he ended up fucking in the ass.

i regularly reminded him that i already knew how to play pool and i never let him near my anus.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 10:35:54 PM
Nice!

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009, 12:56:28 AM
Yes.
When I get bored and nobody else wants to go out.
It's only a 3 min walk away and I went to highschool with the manager.

Knowing all the staff makes it easier to meet people. The males talk to me becuase I chat to the female staff and the women talk to me becuase the female staff tell them im ok.

This is an australian Suburban bar though, 4 miles from the CBD. Theres a sports betting section, pokies, restaurant.

I always go out to NYC bars alone however with my accent it's easy to get picked up/meet people.

Melbourne suburban bar(n)'s are sad and scary places. Usually full of desparate pensioners returning their pension to the government through slot machines, and scary bogan wanna be outlaw biker drug dealer types who will beat you to death if you look at them. They are soulless caverous spaces usually playing either musak Cold Chisel or John Farnham or some such aural atrocity, where the beer of choice available is either VB or Carlton Draught (both undrinkable, but potent) and the decor is designed to easily hose out the beer, blood and vomit. Pool tables exist as a drawcard, but really, who plays pool these days? Yup, scary bogan wanna be outlaw biker drug dealer types.

And you cant walk to them, you must drive. They usually exist at the intersections of two huge highways. They are not a destination. They are purgatory.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 01:07:23 AM by Mosh »

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #11 on: April 11, 2009, 01:34:52 AM
I went to a bar tonight alone to kill time, it wasn't the worst night of my life. Some random guy started talking to me, he was nice... yeeeeaaaah.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #12 on: April 11, 2009, 01:40:01 AM
I went to a bar tonight alone to kill time, it wasn't the worst night of my life. Some random guy started talking to me, he was nice... yeeeeaaaah.

hooray for no ass spoo. hopefully.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #13 on: April 11, 2009, 01:41:11 AM
I told him I wasn't interested in going out. But a nice guy nonetheless.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #14 on: April 11, 2009, 01:45:46 AM
I told him I wasn't interested in going out. But a nice guy nonetheless.

i have spent most of the night camming with dyl. he's fighting a losing battle with sleep.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #15 on: April 11, 2009, 02:22:42 AM
When I was younger I did, but only because the bar maids were whores.
Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #16 on: April 11, 2009, 03:28:31 AM
Drinking by myself right now actually.  I've been working on a statistics project for like three days and it's a complete fucking nightmare and all this end of semester shit is right up my ass.  I gave up for the rest of the night, and now it's tequila time.  Don't have any mixer so I'm mixing it with ice.

I can't remember ever going to a bar by myself, drinking at home by yourself serves the same purpose generally and it's cheaper.

My two cents.
Pour the wine, hold the grind, quarter to nine, let's go.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #17 on: April 11, 2009, 04:43:06 AM

RE: Melb stuff
Even the ones about the same distance from cbd as my local ?

We do have ones like you describe, you have to go further out of town though. Also nearly ever bar up here has been spruced up over the past decade.
I'm glad I don;t go drinking when im down there ( I am victorian ).

Look dude, there's only one thing I like that starts with Hot Black Co- and it doesn't end in 'ffee'.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #18 on: April 11, 2009, 05:26:39 AM
The small pubs in places like Fitzroy and Collingwood are excellent, but are inhabited by wanker types. Except the Leinster Arms, which is Chopper Read's local. If the owners weren't such Collingwood FC fanatics, it'd be the near perfect pub.

I live 17 kilometers from the CBD, in Blackburn, my choices are much more limited. I avoid the Blackburn, the Burvale, the Mountain View, Villiage Green, the Manhatten, the Bayswater, and others like it like the plague.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 05:30:11 AM by Mosh »

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #19 on: April 11, 2009, 01:10:11 PM
I've been away far too long to remember place names. I'm just a tourist now. I do remember bayswater however I think that might be becuase something happened there to get it on the news, which would be no suprise to you.

The geo/pop difference between Bris and Melb makes my head spin.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #20 on: April 11, 2009, 05:12:53 PM
I was in BNE in October for work, first time I'd been there... I stayed in Fortitude Valley.

It was fun, but it was amazing how small the place felt. But I did watch some girl get nekkid in her apartment from Storey Bridge.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #21 on: April 11, 2009, 05:25:15 PM
Yep, It is small for a CBD zone. Not too small though. The valley is the nightlife section of town, sadly its fucking ugly.

You went on the bridge walk ??? no, you mean just walking over the bridge, have too, nobody does the walk.

The only reason people walk over the bridge is to get to and from the storey bridge hotel or pineapple hotel. nice places. not my favs.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #22 on: April 11, 2009, 05:31:38 PM
I just walked over the bridge...

I found the Valley to be highly amusing, probably for all the wrong reasons. When I got to work in Coorparoo on Monday, they asked where I was staying. I said the Valley, and they were all, "oooh theres drugs and bad stuff there"

??!!?? Felt ok to me, probably been cleaned up a while back.

It seemed tame compared to St Kilda, or the old Kings Cross. Worst I got was the odd abo hassling me for change.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #23 on: April 11, 2009, 05:37:53 PM
ha, you were like 5 mins away from me.

And to most bris people the valley is bad ~shrug, they havent seen real scum before.

and it is amusing for all the wrong reasons, its just old news to me. im biased.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #24 on: April 11, 2009, 05:42:45 PM
I don't really go out often at all anymore, and certainly not alone. But before I became an old, boring, married man, I'd often go to bars by myself. That said, on an island this size, you tend to know almost everyone and vice versa, so I dunno if any kind of going out here counts as going out alone.

Like C said, though, when travelling I've always gone to bars alone. I also always seem to get to chatting with people, even though I don't really mean to. I guess I'm just friendly looking?
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #25 on: April 11, 2009, 08:01:52 PM
In like 11 months I can start going to bars. But I'd probably only go alone like once in a blueberry.
TiCa LoCa 20 (8:48:24 PM): Ewlk Jerz stinks like bad eggs baby shyt and bad perm...

I agree. But, only when you are on the NJTP coming back from the NYC. The bay WREAKS

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #26 on: April 11, 2009, 08:05:44 PM
I go to bars alone all the time and just start talking to people. Over here it's a great way to meet people
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #27 on: April 11, 2009, 08:10:15 PM
Maybe there, but not in NJ lol my parents met in a bar and got married at a bar by the drunk mayor of the town. HAH talk about a love story. she left him so that's a good example right?
TiCa LoCa 20 (8:48:24 PM): Ewlk Jerz stinks like bad eggs baby shyt and bad perm...

I agree. But, only when you are on the NJTP coming back from the NYC. The bay WREAKS

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #28 on: April 11, 2009, 08:57:30 PM
I haven't been to a bar in over 2 years

is it bad that my wife goes on a more regular basis than me?
Got it?

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #29 on: April 11, 2009, 09:05:48 PM
Only because she comes over here and tosses my salad.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #30 on: April 11, 2009, 09:28:02 PM
well no wonder she was late last night.... you have to start hurrying her up a bit....i know she is slow....
Got it?

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #31 on: April 11, 2009, 09:31:43 PM
Check and check.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #32 on: April 11, 2009, 09:37:12 PM
good.  now tell her to pick up more beer on the way home. 

oh, and pork rinds.  I working on my next 50 pounds
Got it?

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #33 on: April 11, 2009, 09:38:41 PM
So why'd you get banned anyway? Something about molesting children behind the blinds in an empty house? LOL

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #34 on: April 11, 2009, 09:40:11 PM
honestly, I have no idea, but according to the thread I read over there today, it was because of the pic I posted of the fat ass with the gross balls

which was far from the grossest thing ever posted there

I see skip is on power trip version 3.0
Got it?

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #35 on: April 11, 2009, 09:41:08 PM
Whatev.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #36 on: April 11, 2009, 09:48:23 PM
wait wat?
Got it?

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #37 on: April 11, 2009, 09:50:59 PM
if you think I'm not saying, I seriously have no fucking clue.  that is the first thing I've heard about any of it.  of course I was following RT the whole time, posting even, but never was I told why I was banned.  And then I read.... http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www_de.cgi/http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showpost.php?s=0e41d5e3d601eda3780cce30cf93bc18&p=5438149&postcount=11

and that was all I needed to know
Got it?

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #38 on: April 11, 2009, 09:54:55 PM
Not at all. That was my way of saying I don't give a shit what happens there anymore. I had lots of respect for Skip and Stinkfoot and Fitzy while they let Ari and Balbus censor whomever they wanted however they wanted. We took up for you and then TomChronic went after me again and before I knew what had happened RT was gone. Freedom of speech my ass.

Fuck em.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #39 on: April 11, 2009, 10:00:52 PM
thats my view too.  Fuck em.  this isn't the first time skipshit pulled this shit.  It is, however, the last time I play along with his games.  I take it you got banned too?  or at the least, he pissed you the fuck off?

he is so fucking good at that. 

not unilke my wife

you know, that reminds me of a joke I heard way back when I was about 12.  while I can't remember the entire thing, it comes down to the hottest bitches always end up being total cunts to deal with, because there isn't anything else wrong with em

what that had to do with this, I'm not sure.  next time she buys liqour, I have to ask her to buy something other than peach vodka/rum/somethingthattasteslikepeachesthatisgrosserthanpigshit
Got it?

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #40 on: April 11, 2009, 10:04:17 PM
what
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #41 on: April 11, 2009, 10:04:39 PM
No. The last time I pissed him off he made me a moderator. He likes me, he won't drop the hammer on me. Even though I'm American and he loathes everything American.

OK stop talking about this, we're gonna piss people off having personal convo in thread. PM me if you want to talk.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #42 on: April 11, 2009, 10:05:48 PM
ok.  but I haven't been to a bar in years..... what has changed?  do people still play pool?
Got it?

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #43 on: April 11, 2009, 10:06:41 PM
Dunno. Me either.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #44 on: April 11, 2009, 10:11:42 PM
bars scare me.  around here, they are filled with drunk rednecks.  I just don't fit in well with that crowd. 

all the good bars they shut down for drug dealing morons being obvious. 

what retards.  a certain few have to ruin it for everyone.

its my turn.
Got it?

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #45 on: April 11, 2009, 10:16:34 PM
No one forced you to stay in Pennsyl-Tuckey...

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #46 on: April 11, 2009, 10:55:32 PM
money did.  We have tried a total of 5 times now to get the hell out of this fuckstate.  But to no avail  Every single time, something comes up and we end up having to cancel all plans.   

Sorta frustrating. 
Got it?

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #47 on: April 11, 2009, 11:02:16 PM
Do what I'm doing. Burn everything. Figuratively, of course. House going to foreclosure and filing chapter 7. Fuck it, it's all gone.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #48 on: April 12, 2009, 12:14:01 AM
The great part about drinking alone far from home is that no one knows where to direct those who seek to investigate your (alleged) actions.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #49 on: April 12, 2009, 04:40:22 PM
Going to bars alone is worse than going to the movies alone. I do go to bars alone, but not to hang out. I have a mission when I go to bars alone and that mission is usually declared a success within 10 minutes (I order them all at the same time). Then I go home.
Obviously it's different if I know the bartender or any of the patrons, but if not then I bounce.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #50 on: April 12, 2009, 10:44:28 PM
I do go to bars by myself.  It's really sad.  I used to do it more when I was a hardcore alcoholic, drinking 6+ drinks a day everyday for a few years.  The saddest time I did it was when I went to barfly with two bucks in change, drunk, and begged the bartender to cut the price of a pbr in half so I could give him a fifty cent tip.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #51 on: April 12, 2009, 11:43:19 PM
I've only done it a few times, back when I went out in public.
~
A pleasant man with a pleasant weapon

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #52 on: April 12, 2009, 11:44:54 PM
Before you became John Merrick?

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #53 on: April 13, 2009, 12:04:59 AM
Who?
~
A pleasant man with a pleasant weapon

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #54 on: April 13, 2009, 01:26:57 AM
I used to do it more when I was a hardcore alcoholic, drinking 6+ drinks a day everyday for a few years.

Ah ha ha, hahahahaha!

Joe?

Carolyn?

Are you reading this?

Can I get a witness?

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #55 on: April 13, 2009, 01:53:04 AM
About the only time I can remember going to a bar here in the US I ended up making out with a completely random chicka and eventually getting thrown out on my ass for giving the bartender shit for refusing to serve a black guy. I had my lucky silver dollar in my shirt pocket when I went in but I lost it when the bouncer knocked me on my ass. I really don't care for bars but I have been wondering why I don't go out looking for women anymore and feeling that I should give it at least one more try before I croak. So I might give it another shot, but I really don't think there are any Tricky's left in this town anyway.
Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #56 on: April 13, 2009, 11:25:28 AM

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #57 on: April 14, 2009, 10:07:27 AM
No, I don't.
In this university town, it would be a good way to get raped.

I'll just drink at home.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #58 on: April 14, 2009, 04:06:16 PM
Aren't you from Canada? That's like the safest place I've ever heard of. What are you from Etobicoke?

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #59 on: April 14, 2009, 04:32:07 PM
Check her facebook, maybe that'll tell you where she is.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #60 on: April 14, 2009, 05:45:03 PM
No, I don't.
In this university town, it would be a good way to get raped.

I'll just drink at home.

that's why i like to go out. beer goggles are my best friend.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #61 on: April 18, 2009, 03:04:49 AM
I'm with C, there's something about the attitude towards drinking in the states that makes it more uncomfortable to go out for a drink alone.

In London I practically lived at the Three Tuns and the George IV by my lonesome, but the pub is a very different kind of place from the bar.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #62 on: April 18, 2009, 11:58:09 AM
it really depends on where you are and what sorta bar you go to. fort collins has the meat market bars, the frat bars...then you have the more comfortable mellow places. you just have to find the right ones.

Re: Do you go to bars by yourself? Reply #63 on: April 18, 2009, 04:03:20 PM
but the pub is a very different kind of place from the bar.

Amen to that.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.