Quote from: Zoomie's Sig; At One Point
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie, who was his own daddy, can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat the fruit of a magical tree.
It makes perfect sense!

Smok Nord/Trinity Alpha Leaking Issues - (FINALLY Solved)(Read 2609 times)
So, I've done all of the "fixes", such as take the black cap off of the top, and remove this or that, or don't push the element in all the way ... Well, after REALLY looking at the vapes, I figured out how to solve EVERY leaking issue with both of the pod/mods ... (The best part about it, you have the parts handy already!)

See, I really like them, and was about to just give them up, when I decided to look around and see if there was a way to stop the leaking; a DEAL-BREAKER to my continued use of the items ... I loved the vapor, the flavor, the batteries, everything about them; but, that LEAKING!

So, upon closer inspection (AND PAY ATTENTION SMOK!) I realized that the O-Ring was painfully too small for the opening ... There was NO WAY it was going to seal it properly ... Here's what I did, and I believe I'm the first one to think of this, for some odd reason ...

1) Take the old (white, most times) O-Ring off of an older coil
2) Put it JUST OVER where the other O-Ring sits (DO NOT COVER IT)
IE: (==||-| ... (Top, Body, O-Ring, O-Ring, Body, Bottom)
3) Press that thing in hard, it'll fit, I promise, and it will seal it like it's supposed to, and have the extra O-Ring to double seal it ... IT WILL WORK, I PROMISE! You might have to do it twice, but I've done it for 2 coil replacements on BOTH the Nord and Trinity Alpha; both are dry as a bone, even with being in my pocket and vaping all day

NOTES:
1) Make sure everything is CLEAN (NO JUICE ON ANY OF IT [prime it though]
2) By CLEAN, I mean BOTH the COIL and receiving hole of POD
3) This WILL WORK!
4) On mine, I still had the top cover of the Nord removed; there's tutorials on how
and why to do this ... Believe me, it helps, but, combined with the above, you'll be golden!
5) I'll post pics/vid if need be, however, I think you get it at this point ...

You're welcome, fellow NORD/TRINITY ALPHA/SMOK users ...
PS: If Smok uses this idea to fix their "flaw", they can send me a check as an engineer!

Peace, Peepz;
-=Thrash=-
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Re: Smok Nord/Trinity Alpha Leaking Issues - (FINALLY Solved) Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 06:48:32 PM
PPS: Just a note; on the Trinity Alpha, you still have moisture that collects around the battery, however, it's NOTHING like the leaking that plagued that thing ... So, just to clarify, the NORD is bone-dry, the Trinity Alpha is not leaking, however, do to its design, still gets a little "wetness" on the bottom, so keep watch of that, however, I'd rather have to wipe off moisture than wasted juice ...

This moisture issue was in the Nord as well, and is why I suggest to remove the top cap ...
I can't see a way around this for the Trinity Alpha, but I really like the variable voltage (shrug) ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Smok Nord/Trinity Alpha Leaking Issues - (FINALLY Solved) Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 08:47:54 AM
Just to clarify, since I was asked on another forum ...
Quote from: SunnyCool - ECig Forums
u mean a double oring at bottom part ???
Let the O-Ring that supposed to be on there be on there ...
Put the other one on top of where the slot for the original O-Ring
goes, but not directly, just right above it ... This way it slide on smoothly,
yet still seals right at the original O-Ring ...

Ok, like the double O-Ring drip tips ...
You're making it kind of the same ....

Only, whereas both on this are grooved into the tip, the top one on yours is just placed on,
no groove, and will match the other O-Ring when pressed in ....

I'm trying to get a good picture of mine, however, I may have to vape the fluid out for you to see it ...

======

OR, more like;
IE: (==||-| ... (Top, Body, O-Ring [2nd one you added], O-Ring [in slot], Bottom)
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Smok Nord/Trinity Alpha Leaking Issues - (FINALLY Solved) Reply #3 on: December 25, 2019, 02:05:55 AM
hehehehe You know there is help for people with vaping addiction.
Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

Re: Smok Nord/Trinity Alpha Leaking Issues - (FINALLY Solved) Reply #4 on: December 25, 2019, 09:03:49 AM
It's why it's in the "Substance Abuse" forum ...
But, leaking is a HUGE problem for a lot of SMOK products; I have two ...
I solved the large problem with them (mine, anyway) ... Something most others have not ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Smok Nord/Trinity Alpha Leaking Issues - (FINALLY Solved) Reply #5 on: December 25, 2019, 01:15:23 PM

Re: Smok Nord/Trinity Alpha Leaking Issues - (FINALLY Solved) Reply #6 on: December 26, 2019, 12:50:27 AM

Re: Smok Nord/Trinity Alpha Leaking Issues - (FINALLY Solved) Reply #7 on: December 26, 2019, 01:09:56 AM
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Smok Nord/Trinity Alpha Leaking Issues - (FINALLY Solved) Reply #8 on: January 05, 2020, 06:33:51 PM

Re: Smok Nord/Trinity Alpha Leaking Issues - (FINALLY Solved) Reply #9 on: January 07, 2020, 12:05:41 PM
We've seen that for a while now ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Smok Nord/Trinity Alpha Leaking Issues - (FINALLY Solved) Reply #10 on: January 07, 2020, 12:06:03 PM
QUICK UPDATE:
Ok, so, I just did a little experimentation and made a relevant discovery ...
This method ONLY WORKS WITH THE 1.4 and .8 OHM MESH COILS!
(At least the ones that I have that I've bought fairly recently)

It appears, from what I can see, that the .6 ohm coils are a little thicker and you
can't stack the O-Rings on them and make them fit properly to get the needed seal ...
I've been able to with every 1.4 and .8 ohm coil so far ...

Also, in the Trinity Alpha, it appears to seal completely, however, the top O-Ring swells
a little bit, so, thus, you'll have to probably replace it once you replace the coil ...
I have not found that to  be completely true with the Nord (I just took the O-Ring off of the BOTTOM of the coil I'm replacing and put it on the TOP of the next coil; I've been able to reuse O-Ring with the Nord a little easier ... Inconvenient, yes; leak-proof, so far-so good!)

I've still used this method for the length of the coil life; still no real leaking ...

Thanks,
-Thrash-
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Smok Nord/Trinity Alpha Leaking Issues - (FINALLY Solved) Reply #11 on: November 02, 2020, 09:48:32 AM
Another Update:

I have the Nord 2/Nord II; it's perfect ... I don't have to mod it at all ...
No leaks (the coils just slip right in/out with no issues),
RPM coil cross-compatible, and digital variable voltage ...

I have both of these, actually ...

BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Smok Nord/Trinity Alpha Leaking Issues - (FINALLY Solved) Reply #12 on: November 02, 2020, 09:54:32 AM
QUICK UPDATE:
Ok, so, I just did a little experimentation and made a relevant discovery ...
This method ONLY WORKS WITH THE 1.4 and .8 OHM MESH COILS!
(At least the ones that I have that I've bought fairly recently)

It appears, from what I can see, that the .6 ohm coils are a little thicker and you
can't stack the O-Rings on them and make them fit properly to get the needed seal ...
I've been able to with every 1.4 and .8 ohm coil so far ...

Also, in the Trinity Alpha, it appears to seal completely, however, the top O-Ring swells
a little bit, so, thus, you'll have to probably replace it once you replace the coil ...
I have not found that to  be completely true with the Nord (I just took the O-Ring off of the BOTTOM of the coil I'm replacing and put it on the TOP of the next coil; I've been able to reuse O-Ring with the Nord a little easier ... Inconvenient, yes; leak-proof, so far-so good!)

I've still used this method for the length of the coil life; still no real leaking ...

Thanks,
-Thrash-

Additionally, in the original, I rotate the O-Rings upon installing a new coil ...
I take the upper O-Ring, the one that was around the shaft and in the liquid and swap it with the new
O-Ring on the bottom of the new coil ... Then I put the new O-Ring from the new coil on top, on the shaft,
of the new coil ... This way, the new coil is in the liquid and swells up while it's helping to seal the coil ...
The old ring, the one previously in the liquid, is the new bottom coil, pre-swelled, and more able to seal the bottom ...
The new O-Ring is helping with the seal, it's in the liquid and swelling, and will take its place on the bottom of the next new coil ...

Add, rinse, repeat, and I'm not had leaking problems from my original Nord in months ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Smok Nord/Trinity Alpha Leaking Issues - (FINALLY Solved) Reply #13 on: November 02, 2020, 11:48:37 AM
Genius!

I just replaced the costume spike on my cane handle (think goth collar spikes) with a 3/8" hardened stainless steel bolt sharpened into a Needle sharp spike! Yea I finally finished a project.
This thing is deadly now. The tip on the cosmetic spike got blunted every time the cane fell over and hit the floor because it was made from shitty metal.

I originally installed it to deal with dogs when walking or biking, but now this sucker is zombie ready. 

Re: Smok Nord/Trinity Alpha Leaking Issues - (FINALLY Solved) Reply #14 on: November 03, 2020, 12:06:27 AM
^5!
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')