Quote from: 13chemicals
There are people here who steal bikes from hipsters and then sell them on Craigslist.  My friend used to punch hipster kids and take their Ipods.  Hipsters are easy to steal from.
Quote from: Wozzeck
It's like taking candy from an 18-35 year old baby.
Quote from: (_)_)===D
I never thought about how easy it would be to mug hipsters, but now that I think about it yeah... Like, it's probably really hard to fight back when you're under-nourished and wearing women's pants.

British Versions Of American TV Shows(Read 1139 times)
British Versions Of American TV Shows on: July 30, 2020, 10:25:48 AM
Oddly enough, British serious seem to do well here in America (Steptoe&Son, Man About The House [Sanford &Son, Three's Company], Shameless, The Office), however, the same can't always be said in reverse ....

One such show, Days Like These, was a direct copy of That 70's Show (from the same American creators as well), with a few "minor" changes ...

Red Forman, for example, was renamed "Ron" (even though Red is short for Reginald, which we find to be a pretty British-sounding moniker). The Pinciottis' surname was changed to Palmer, Kelso's was changed to McGuire, and Jackie's to Burget — and those were the more subtle changes. For some reason, Steven Hyde became "Dylan Jones" in the British version, and Fez no longer hailed from some indeterminate country (a running gag throughout That 70's Show's run), but was pretty explicitly Norwegian — given that his name was changed to Torbjorn Rasmussen.

It also didn't help, in my opinion, that the two main characters looked disturbingly like brother and sister, I'm sure ...

-------------

I'll see if I can look at some more shows to comment on coming up ...

BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Re: British Versions Of American TV Shows Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 12:33:09 PM
Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

Re: British Versions Of American TV Shows Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 07:47:52 PM
Almost word for word ...
It was fun to watch though ...
I'll have to find the other 9-12 episodes ...
(There was 13 made, 9 or 10 aired before cancellation)
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: British Versions Of American TV Shows Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 11:27:50 PM
I kinda thought it was awful and could understand why it was canceled so quick. I believe this was after T70sS was ended so they were getting ever further away from the supposed timeline. Plus the characters just aren't immediately engaging. This newer Kitty just doesn't cut it for me, the old one was so fucking cute. Anyway, I will watch another episode, but only because you seem interested in it and I would like to find out why.
Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

Re: British Versions Of American TV Shows Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 10:48:55 AM
It's true, there was absolutely no real charisma at all in the cast ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: British Versions Of American TV Shows Reply #5 on: February 09, 2022, 08:42:00 AM
While we're talking about That 70s Show, here's a full page of theories and speculations about the show ...
IE: Where did Eric really go when he "left"?
Who/What was FEZ? 
... And more
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')