Quote from: banal
Vampires are not real Emp.
Quote from: Emperor Reagan
Yeah, neither do zombies or dragons or orcs or ghosts or angels or demons or anything else awesome.  Life is a big fucking disappointment. 

TARP(Read 2229 times)
TARP on: April 13, 2009, 09:06:54 PM
OK, I'm sure it's obvious but the first thing these companies that have received govt funds so as not to fail will do is pay it back and go on their merry way again. De-leverage my ass... GS has 1000 quants working on the most out-there risk models to spin nets around this new "vanilla" world, and other firms are going to take the lead from that and we'll be off again. That's a given and it's going to be interesting to see how the governments of the world try to regulate it. One idea I have is that every new hybrid whatever investment to be traded by a public firm must get approved by the SEC over a 6 month period, and EVERY other public firm gets access to the model during that time. This would help eliminate stupid one-off bets that people haven't thought through properly in their rush to get them to market.
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: TARP Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 10:33:37 PM
~blank stare

I know i should be paying attention to jim lehere,  but i really only tune in cause hes on right before corner gas.
Quote from: FB comment
Look dude, there's only one thing I like that starts with Hot Black Co- and it doesn't end in 'ffee'.

Re: TARP Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 10:38:59 PM
When I think of Tarps I think of large blankets that go over the back end of pick-up trucks to haul furniture and other miscellany.
Pour the wine, hold the grind, quarter to nine, let's go.

Re: TARP Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 10:47:45 PM
When I think of Tarps I think of the University of Maryland Basketball Team.
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: TARP Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 10:50:26 PM
sorry, industry speak. Although it is fun to know more about this whole mess than a lot of the people writing about it in the paper
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: TARP Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 10:55:50 PM
I should admit i do know what the securities exchange commision is.
Quote from: FB comment
Look dude, there's only one thing I like that starts with Hot Black Co- and it doesn't end in 'ffee'.

Re: TARP Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 01:14:56 AM
sorry, industry speak. Although it is fun to know more about this whole mess than a lot of the people writing about it in the paper

Speaking of which, did I ever mention how fucking hilarious that subprime primer thing you sent me was? So fucking right on.

I've actually shown it to people who've been having trouble grasping exactly what went wrong.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.