Quote from: Wozzeck
I suppose I could make you a happy little nightmare tree, if you want.

Breaking Bad(Read 3566 times)
Breaking Bad on: April 16, 2009, 01:01:54 AM
Breaking Bad fucking pwns.
Go to these sites, and don't forget to tell your friends!
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Breaking Bad Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 03:59:46 AM
No shit, I love this show.  One of the best on TV.
~
A pleasant man with a pleasant weapon

Re: Breaking Bad Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 04:21:05 AM
I've been hearing a lot of people say a lot of awesome shit about it.  I'll have to check it out on hulu.  What network does it come on again?
No one mourns the wicked.

Re: Breaking Bad Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 04:33:22 AM
AMC
~

Re: Breaking Bad Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 08:26:48 AM
AMC's embed code didn't work here, so I put up an episode of it on d00dj00sux0r.com. Go check it out man, it's a kick ass episode.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 08:31:47 AM by krapsna »
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Breaking Bad Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 07:08:24 PM
Thanks.  I thought the series had just started, but now I see that there's a whole season I missed. Hulu has it, but not in their player, it links either to AMC's site or some place called "Cracker".  I was really hoping to watch it on hulu so I could stream it to my TV, but I guess I can watch it on the laptop.

Re: Breaking Bad Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 07:37:30 PM
you missed some TV?

you failed, fuse

you failed
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: Breaking Bad Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 07:12:30 AM
I caught it in the beginning.  I first saw the previews for it while in the psych ward.
~

Re: Breaking Bad Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 09:45:09 AM
Can you watch this show online?  I was under the impression that AMC didn't post their shows online anywhere.

I watched all of Season 1.
Pour the wine, hold the grind, quarter to nine, let's go.

Re: Breaking Bad Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 10:33:35 AM
My roommate got season 1 off of netflix and talked me into watching an episode.  I was really impressed with the intensity of the show.

I also like that it seems to be a self-limiting series.  I hope that they don't try to get around the terminal cancer to make the series last longer, or play tricks with time so they can turn it into a series that runs until it has lost all of its interesting qualities.

I think many TV shows would be vastly better if the creators sat down at the beginning and said, "We're going to write this series to last 3 years."  Then you develop what themes you want to handle over the term of the series, how you want the characters to evolve, and other overarching elements.  Smaller plotlines and story elements get worked within the larger framework and you end up with a coherent overall story in addition to compelling shorter term stories.

Re: Breaking Bad Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 10:51:54 AM
I'm totally with you, but I don't think that will ever happen. Once a show is a hit the networks will be all too happy to drag it out as long as possible. Take Lost for instance. I believe at one point it had a finite life span, but I don't believe for a second that it's following that outline any longer. It's so full of shit now it's unbelievable.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 11:24:54 AM by krapsna »
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Breaking Bad Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 11:06:45 AM
See, that's why the original Life on Mars was awesome.

2 series, 8 episodes each. Done.

Re: Breaking Bad Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 11:15:54 AM
Lost was always full of shit.  I like Heroes.  It's like Lost except it makes fucking sense.
~

Re: Breaking Bad Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 11:28:48 AM
For the record, I don't watch Lost, my girlfriend does. Sometimes I'll sit through an eposode with her to be nice, and it's like getting your teeth pulled. I DID like Heroes, but it went to shit when it came back and stopped watching it after four or five episodes. They fucking wrecked that show.

I'll have to watch the first season of Breaking Bad, cause this second season so far just keeps getting better and better. That last eposode was sick.
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Breaking Bad Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 11:34:33 AM
Agree Heroes isn't as good as it used to be, but it's still good.  I just can't put my finger on why.  Why don't you like it anymore?
~

Re: Breaking Bad Reply #15 on: April 17, 2009, 12:25:53 PM
The writing just got terrible and confusing. Mohinder became a bad guy, Skyler became a good guy, Peter became a pussy, and then everyone was all time hopping all over the place into and out of alternate futures and shit. It just seemed to have lost all direction and in turn I lost interest.
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Breaking Bad Reply #16 on: April 17, 2009, 12:35:38 PM
I'm into Heroes right now but I think it's mainly because I got into it late.  I started watching sorta midway/late into Season 2, so about the period you are describing.  Thus, I'm used to all kinds of shit being all over the place.

I think the lamest part is the new introduction of Silar being able to shape-shift.  They used that one whole episode to just throw it in there, and now there's all kinds of stupid shit that can happen in the story because any character could potentially be Silar faking their persona (which is how Monday's episode ended).
Pour the wine, hold the grind, quarter to nine, let's go.

Re: Breaking Bad Reply #17 on: April 17, 2009, 12:38:30 PM
I fucking HATE it when comic books ... nm.
Quote from: FB comment
Look dude, there's only one thing I like that starts with Hot Black Co- and it doesn't end in 'ffee'.

Re: Breaking Bad Reply #18 on: April 17, 2009, 12:57:40 PM
I'm into Heroes right now but I think it's mainly because I got into it late.  I started watching sorta midway/late into Season 2, so about the period you are describing.  Thus, I'm used to all kinds of shit being all over the place.

I think the lamest part is the new introduction of Silar being able to shape-shift.  They used that one whole episode to just throw it in there, and now there's all kinds of stupid shit that can happen in the story because any character could potentially be Silar faking their persona (which is how Monday's episode ended).

Actually I thought that was cool.  I like how Sylar is the definition of a super villain with all his powers and still gaining more.
~

Re: Breaking Bad Reply #19 on: April 17, 2009, 09:37:22 PM

I agree with everything in this post.
Like yours.  Only different.

Re: Breaking Bad Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 10:35:12 PM
Yeah, that's the bg problem with Heroes, the crap writing.  Good guys turn to bad guys, bad guys to good guys, then they're back again in two episodes for no good reason.  And when Sylar started talking about "OMG THE HUNGER" it was the lowest point in the show, so thank fuck that put a stop to that shit.  But then they seem to be having a redemption moment with Sylar that was going somewhat well, and suddenly he's on the beach in a romantic moment with his girlfriend and BAM kills her, bad guy again, no reason.

And yeah, the shapeshifting thing is stupid.  Not only has it been done before, but it's been done before ON THIS SHOW.  But I still keep watching because I've become invested in the story and have to see how it turns out.

Re: Breaking Bad Reply #21 on: April 17, 2009, 11:57:00 PM
Has this thread jumped the shark?

Re: Breaking Bad Reply #22 on: April 18, 2009, 01:21:26 AM
See, that's why the original Life on Mars was awesome.

2 series, 8 episodes each. Done.

The British Office was 2 seasons, too.  The American version has now run 5 or 6 seasons (and gone from bad knock-off to tolerable to unwatchable during the first 3 seasons) and spawned a spin-off, of sorts. 

The American version of Life on Mars died, mercifully. 

Re: Breaking Bad Reply #23 on: March 25, 2010, 04:16:01 AM
Season 3 has started.
~

Re: Breaking Bad Reply #24 on: March 25, 2010, 04:21:32 AM
Damn, more things to catch up on (or just start watching) ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Re: Breaking Bad Reply #25 on: March 25, 2010, 04:25:01 AM
The main dude looks kinda like a much more haggard version of my dad. And I had no idea this series existed, despite having read this thread before, until I started finding that occasionally the best thing on tv is some bullshit edited and chopped up version of a movie I like on AMC. Now I've seen endless ads.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: Breaking Bad Reply #26 on: March 25, 2010, 07:24:26 AM
Yeah. Dancing with a survivor idol in rehab vs. Pelican Brief edited for content.

Place your bets...
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!