Quote from: ChemCaterpillar
THREE BLACK TWINS?! Pics!!!
Quote from: underclass
that's one set of "triplets" for those of you keeping score at home

Bobby Jindal(Read 2815 times)
Bobby Jindal on: February 27, 2009, 06:29:52 AM
Ok, what's the story with this dude. Admittedly, I dont know a lot about him, but is he the great white hope for the Republican party? (And no, that wasnt a subtle racist shot...) I mean, Palin as Commander And Chief is frightening, could Jindal be imagined by the white majority as President? I mean, even though Obama is black, I get the impression that he's not seen as a "nigger".

Seems to me that with Obama in the White House, the Republican's are playing me too.

Is Jindal capable and able? Does he have the madskillz necessary? Experience is important and all, but having imagination is important too. And that was seriously lacking with Bush. Does Jindal have it? He's Catholic, if Jindal was President, would he meet the same fate as the last Catholic President?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 06:32:33 AM by Mosh »

Re: Bobby Jindal Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 06:55:36 AM
Uuuuuh... who?
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: Bobby Jindal Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 11:19:18 AM
Jindal just made a speech the other day which kind of bugged me a bit. He was blaming New Orlens' current state of affairs on the administration. Well that's all well and good, but which administration? I'd say this accusation comes a few years too late or should have been qualified in some way at least (maybe by saying "the leadership of the former administration"). The Executive branch is not like the Supreme Court. Turnover times are low and policy change dramatic. What was the point of besmirching the administration in general?

As far as Jindal's Catholicism, we'll just have to watch Biden I guess.

Re: Bobby Jindal Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 12:34:44 PM
he's supposed to be some kind of boy genius.  which would make him the opposite of palin.  which i guess then makes him good.  palin is everything that is wrong about the republican party, even more than george bush.  i say that cos george bush did things which many in the republican party wouldn't consider "republican" so it puts him a bit outside the box.... but palin.  she's like a bad stereotype of republicans... only people in the party seem to like her.  which i guess doesn't make her a stereotype? ugh, i just wish no one thought she was awesome, of any party.
He indicated my book, said, 'It's that rubbish that has you the nobody you are.'

Re: Bobby Jindal Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 06:01:45 PM
Bobby Jindal has some nutty religious history.

His speech was pretty bad.  Something about his cadence just seemed...wrong.  It also seemed that the content wasn't well thought-out.

Re: Bobby Jindal Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 01:54:28 PM
Someone on another board described him as reminding them of Mr Rogers. That seemed about right.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: Bobby Jindal Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 08:46:17 PM
As far as Jindal's Catholicism, we'll just have to watch Biden I guess.

Only if Obama gets blown away.

Re: Bobby Jindal Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 10:49:14 PM
Bad karma.

Re: Bobby Jindal Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 03:04:35 AM
If Jindall is the great hope for the Republican party, then they're more fucked that I thought, because Jindall is a sleazebag.  I remember seeing his campaign on TV leading up to the election because half of my local TV stations are out of Shreveport, LA, and it was the dirtiest, mudslinging-est shitsmear of a campaign that I have ever borne witness to.  I guess the repubs think they can make him their Obama because he's indian or whatever he is.