Quote from: 13chemicals
My exboyfriend would come over drunk and we'd have sex for hours.  I would have to put a "be back later" sign on my vagina after while.

Remebering Columbine (oh, and getting rich too!)(Read 4491 times)
Remebering Columbine (oh, and getting rich too!) on: April 20, 2009, 09:28:16 AM
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/20/columbine.myths/index.html

A few sentences from the article:
Journalist and author Dave Cullen was one of the first to take on what he calls the myths of Columbine.
Cullen's book,"Columbine," was released this month -- just in time for today's 10th anniversary of the shooting at the Colorado high school.
The Columbine tragedy left a lasting mark on many Americans, largely because of the media's around-the-clock coverage in the days and weeks following the shooting.
Cullen said the myths were so widely reported that they were hard to take back later.

I bet America won't even care that the media and everyone else have been getting it wrong for over a decade, or that they're making more money off of the situation with these books.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 09:28:43 AM by eitje »
Like yours.  Only different.

Re: Remebering Columbine (oh, and getting rich too!) Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 09:39:47 AM
Happy Columbine day!  10 years since those kids shot up those losers, wow.  I'll always remember you, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold.
~
A pleasant man with a pleasant weapon

Re: Remebering Columbine (oh, and getting rich too!) Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 09:44:04 AM
Meh. That Asian kid at Virginia Tech was much more impressive.

As Chad said at the time "The Asian kid always gets the high score"...

Re: Remebering Columbine (oh, and getting rich too!) Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 09:49:42 AM
Bwa ha ha ha
~
A pleasant man with a pleasant weapon

Re: Remebering Columbine (oh, and getting rich too!) Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 02:12:52 PM
Pour the wine, hold the grind, quarter to nine, let's go.

Re: Remebering Columbine (oh, and getting rich too!) Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 06:48:15 PM
Except, Lib, the first half of Chris Rock's punchline is based on inaccuracies and falsehoods that were propagated by an early media blitz.

I'd say he only said it half-best.
Just like Chris Rock seems to do!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 06:49:05 PM by eitje »

Re: Remebering Columbine (oh, and getting rich too!) Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 08:29:55 PM
Yeah, Chris Rock seems to have moments of brilliance, but overall he ends up kinda meh. And he reuses jokes way too much.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: Remebering Columbine (oh, and getting rich too!) Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 08:52:49 PM
Have they talked about how the one girl wouldn't deny JEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZUS so they shot her today?  Was that this shooting?

A lot of people's lives have gotten even shittier over the past couple of decades due to a variety of economic factors.  Stick a sociopath or someone else with a touch of the crazy in a situation that seems like it can never be resolved and see what happens.  On the whole, we're probably lucky things like this don't happen more often.

Re: Remebering Columbine (oh, and getting rich too!) Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 09:01:33 PM
Have they talked about how the one girl wouldn't deny JEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZUS so they shot her today?  Was that this shooting?
Actually, they talked about how it was identified as the wrong girl, and that she actually lived.
The girl that died never said a thing about Jesus.

Re: Remebering Columbine (oh, and getting rich too!) Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 09:06:11 PM
Didn't some shitty christian rock band write a song about her, though?

It must be true if there's a shitty christian rock song about it.  Jesus wouldn't inspire a lie!

Re: Remebering Columbine (oh, and getting rich too!) Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 09:13:56 PM
shooting up a school is so European these days
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: Remebering Columbine (oh, and getting rich too!) Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 10:02:00 PM
German

Re: Remebering Columbine (oh, and getting rich too!) Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 02:23:37 AM
Finnish
More than one of my European classmates asked me seriously if they should be concerned about being killed in a shooting at an American university.
Stabbings maybe, and even the odd hit-and-run, but I'd say a school shooting is pretty unlikely.
That, unless you walk off campus and into the ghetto. Then, you can get shot.

Re: Remebering Columbine (oh, and getting rich too!) Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 02:26:39 AM
The odds of getting shot are narrowing.
Quote from: FB comment
Look dude, there's only one thing I like that starts with Hot Black Co- and it doesn't end in 'ffee'.

Re: Remebering Columbine (oh, and getting rich too!) Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 02:17:45 PM
The odds of getting shot are narrowing.

Exactly, people are more accurate shooters these days.
Pour the wine, hold the grind, quarter to nine, let's go.

Re: Remebering Columbine (oh, and getting rich too!) Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 02:21:08 PM
Chris Rock is funny as shit. Stop hatin Lucas and Si. Hatin ain't cool!
Go to these sites, and don't forget to tell your friends!
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Remebering Columbine (oh, and getting rich too!) Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 02:51:12 PM
If they could have just gotten them boys to sign up for my beloved Corps, they would have gotten themselves some medals for shooting the fuck out of some kids. Yeehaw!
<<<Delete Yourself!>>>

Re: Remebering Columbine (oh, and getting rich too!) Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 07:59:07 PM
Semper Fi!

Re: Remebering Columbine (oh, and getting rich too!) Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 02:32:41 AM
...but I'd say a school shooting is pretty unlikely. ...

I agree, it feels about the same as, or slightly less likely than being on a plane that goes down.

Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

Re: Remebering Columbine (oh, and getting rich too!) Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 06:22:41 AM
To go back to the original post, mass media is quite a different thing from the good old Edward R. Murrow days of journalistic integrity. The news has to compete with Cops and Jerry Springer for viewers so they do their damnedest.

Sic transit gloria.