Quote from: Krapsna, on ThrashInc.Com, to Kyle
PS: If you're ever on a first date with a girl who's extremely nervous it's not because she's afraid you're going to make a move on her, it's because she's afraid you're NOT going to make a move.

Diablo III(Read 8756 times)
Re: Diablo III Reply #30 on: March 03, 2009, 02:04:35 PM
I actually have Fallout 3 but scarcely played it.

I dunno.

I started in the compound.  I murdered absolutely everybody and fled into the desert.  Then I was just running around aimlessly ransacking houses and murdering people for an hour.  It seemed like I just ran out of things (and people) to do really fast and completely missed any storyline progression elements and got completely lost.   So I quit literally one stage after the starting zone.  Is there any super exciting reason to keep playing it?  It seemed like Morrowind in the wasteland.
Pour the wine, hold the grind, quarter to nine, let's go.

Re: Diablo III Reply #31 on: March 03, 2009, 02:21:35 PM
I actually have Fallout 3 but scarcely played it.

I dunno.

I started in the compound.  I murdered absolutely everybody and fled into the desert.  Then I was just running around aimlessly ransacking houses and murdering people for an hour.  It seemed like I just ran out of things (and people) to do really fast and completely missed any storyline progression elements and got completely lost.   So I quit literally one stage after the starting zone.  Is there any super exciting reason to keep playing it?  It seemed like Morrowind in the wasteland.

Ran out of things to do?!?!  I played for 60 hours and STILL didn't cover the whole map.  An exciting reason to keep playing is it's fucking awesome and keep getting better the more you explore.  Fuck the storyline if you really wanna enjoy the sandbox aspect.  If you follow the storyline and do nothing else you can beat the game in several hours which is lame.  The best part is all the shit you're free to do.  Finally getting a fucking minigun from a super mutant is satisfying.  I highly recommend playing it more.  I fucking hate modern games, I'm and old school gamer.  This is one of the few I loved.  Along with World Of Goo.  And Peggle  ;D
~
A pleasant man with a pleasant weapon

Re: Diablo III Reply #32 on: March 03, 2009, 02:54:27 PM
For anyone who liked the original 2 Fallouts, I'd recommend Fallout Tactics and if you want to go nuts about it Wasteland and even Fountain of Dreams are pretty good.

I have yet to get into Diabolo, but that will be my next game. I couldn't get over Warcraft enough to embrace Diabolo. Coming from Blizzard it just seemed like a non-canon waste of my time. I can see now that I was wrong.