Quote from: homeless-joe
'cause he's rolling thru kyoto with a shotgun, these people aint seen a jewish man since their grandparents were bought by one.

Out of your element(Read 4538 times)
Out of your element on: February 28, 2009, 09:55:58 PM
When you look through your CDs (MP3s for me because all of my CDs have been stolen), what sticks out as shit you would never normally listen to but like anyways? Someone made me listen to Deerhoof (Offend Maggie) and I was pleasantly surprised enough to get it.
~
A pleasant man with a pleasant weapon

Re: Out of your element Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 10:46:45 AM
mosh loves dancing in his manties in front of the mirror to this one

Re: Out of your element Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 11:34:10 AM
My musical taste is pretty fucking eclectic, so I can't really think of anything that sticks out as out of place.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: Out of your element Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 12:35:27 PM
Agreed. When I have an outlier, I usually fill in the gaps pretty soon.

Re: Out of your element Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 12:56:26 PM
I think he means: "What music do you have that you are too chickenshit to let your friends know you enjoy?"

The only possible answer to this question that is not damning evidence of total social cowardice would be The Cure, because it is silly to like The Cure.
It's truly a shame I am no longer there to yell at girls to make out with you.

Re: Out of your element Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 01:06:38 PM
I wouldn't call myself a big fan of The Cure, but I have and enjoy a few of their songs. Off the top of my head, Burn, Six Different Ways, and Lullaby are all good songs.

And there isn't a single song I have and/or enjoy that I'd be embarrassed about. I see no point in being ashamed of shit like that.

Re: Out of your element Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 02:53:44 PM
I think he means: "What music do you have that you are too chickenshit to let your friends know you enjoy?"

The only possible answer to this question that is not damning evidence of total social cowardice would be The Cure, because it is silly to like The Cure.

Oh no, that's a totally different thread.  For example: I just never ever listen to indie rock, but would not be ashamed to listen to it in front of people.  On the other hand, I may or may not sing Sugar Ray songs in the shower.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 02:55:35 PM by Drugmoth »
~

Re: Out of your element Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 06:32:19 PM
Funny story.

I was talking with my boss about a year ago, and I we were talking about gay songs we liked but would never admit. I told him I actually kind of liked that James Blunt song "You're Beautiful". He stared at me and called me a flaming faggot and made fun of me all day long.

Just as he was leaving the office, he laughed his ass of and said dude I was yanking your chain. "My wife and I have tickets to see James Blunt next week!"

Hahaha prick.

Re: Out of your element Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 06:43:37 PM
Funny story.

I was talking with my boss about a year ago, and I we were talking about gay songs we liked but would never admit. I told him I actually kind of liked that James Blunt song "You're Beautiful". He stared at me and called me a flaming faggot and made fun of me all day long.

Just as he was leaving the office, he laughed his ass of and said dude I was yanking your chain. "My wife and I have tickets to see James Blunt next week!"

Hahaha prick.

.........that's kinda very gay, dude.
~

Re: Out of your element Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 06:45:38 PM
I'm man enough to admit it. Me and my basketball size nuts.

Re: Out of your element Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 06:53:41 PM
At least.
~

Re: Out of your element Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 08:30:53 PM
I thought this would be a thread about the Big Lebowski.

I really liked the most recent Robyn CD.
Pour the wine, hold the grind, quarter to nine, let's go.

Re: Out of your element Reply #12 on: March 01, 2009, 09:39:43 PM
DOA by Fallout Boy. I was looking for DOA by Bloodrock and DL'd it by accident. Then my computer crashed and I'd have to rebuild 3000 songs on my iPod and frankly I just can't be bothered.
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: Out of your element Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 10:26:48 PM
Shut the fuck up, Donny.  You're out of your element.

:D *hearts BL*
~

Re: Out of your element Reply #14 on: March 02, 2009, 08:28:17 AM
I own a Foreigner CD.

I break it out every so often.

Zoomie, there. Do your worst.

Re: Out of your element Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 06:55:37 PM
Dude, I love Foreigner. Seen them live three times that I can recall since 1977.

Now tulip... she's gonna tear your liver out an feast on it. Hates Lou Gramm for some odd reason...
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: Out of your element Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 07:07:57 PM
DOA by Fallout Boy. I was looking for DOA by Bloodrock and DL'd it by accident. Then my computer crashed and I'd have to rebuild 3000 songs on my iPod and frankly I just can't be bothered.

I like that Arms Race song by Fallout Boy. And I think that's about as close as I get to being embarrassed about liking something.

Re: Out of your element Reply #17 on: March 10, 2009, 12:43:30 AM
i have a hootie and the blowfish cd. and the album duran duran did that's all covers of other folks' songs. it's awesome.

i listen to both of them rather irregularly but i would be sad to lose either of them. they definitely don't fit the theme of my albums, tho.
cream filling for hollow victories

Re: Out of your element Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 02:38:41 AM
This is music that we bought ourselves, right?
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: Out of your element Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 06:58:47 AM
Yeah, your Father Abraham in Smurfland doesnt count.

Re: Out of your element Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 06:13:18 AM
Ace of Base - Happy Nation. It's in a closet somewhere in NZ
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: Out of your element Reply #21 on: March 11, 2009, 06:36:07 AM
I have the one album to be found in every Australian house... Abba - Arrival.

I trot that one out when I can be bothered cranking up the turntable.