Quote from: DrugMoth
*holds and caresses Brook......quietly pulls it out and cums on her clothed leg*
There there....

Japan, 1968 - 1973(Read 10015 times)
Japan, 1968 - 1973 on: August 07, 2009, 08:50:13 AM
What shall i start with?...  First love?  First drugs?  First sex ~ nah, wanna keep you on the edge of you seat, reading the REST of my drivel, before springing THAT on you! rofl

We went to Japan on the American President Cruise Lines ~ not sure if that was just how it was "done," Naval transfers, if my dad pulled some strings, or if he just forked up for the move.  On our first day out, a propeller got messed up, so we had to go back and be dry-docked, which wouldn't have been bad, but i ALWAYS got SUPER sea-sick the first 24 hours off of land, so i pretty much spent THAT day hugging the rail and the toilet, looking for my old friend "Ralph!"  lol

We sailed from San Fran to Hawaii, spent a couple of FAB days there, then on our way.

My dad was stationed at NAS Atsugi, but everywhere we went, my folks lived "on the economy," OFF base, so that we could actually see what life was like for the native folks.  (Did it in French Morocco, also.)  Anyway, a suitable house (American style!) was found in Minami Rinkan (not sure of the spelling), and that's where we lived.  One of my best friends to this day, Sue, lived just down the road, with her little brother and sister, both of whom also became friends.

Okay, well here goes the jumping, so let me continue in the next ~
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 08:54:02 AM by fyrenza »
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Japan, 1968 - 1973 Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 09:15:17 AM
At that time, we walked EVERYWHERE, and if we couldn't walk, we rode the trains!  Most of the Japanese, school kids AND grown-ups, spoke at least some English, and always wanted to practice it on us, so there really wasn't a language barrier.  We learned enough to get ourselve around : What time is it?  What train do i take to wherever?  Left, Right, Straight, please hurry, please SLOW-DOWN some (for when we were "rich" and could afford cabs), How much does this cost?, like that.

All of the Japanese were SO flippin' POLITE.  To this day, i'm in culture shock over American rudeness...  Anyway, not only were they the most polite people i'd ever met, they were also the most helpful!  (i.e.  If they didn't speak enough English to explain how to get somewhere?  They would TAKE you there!)

As an aside ~ idk HOW they can remain so polite, all crammed together like that, because other societies, instead of valuing the niceties, seem to go the exact other way.

We lived in a fairly rural setting ~ got to and from Atsugi via "Chicken Farm Road" ~ no kidding!  THAT was the "official" name of the road, and there WERE chicken "farms" along the way.

The only High School was at an Army base, Camp Zama, and that's where i went to school.

Okay, so now you know about where we lived.  (Crap.  Jumping page...  Onward ~> )
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 09:16:53 AM by fyrenza »
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Japan, 1968 - 1973 Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 10:01:22 AM
i don't know about you, Unders, but i find it amazing that we could have been accepted by the Japanese, that soon after the atrocity of Hiroshima.  Speaks to the Japanese way of thinking, i believe.  Their Emperor wasn't God, they lost the war they had fought so hard, and instead of HATING OUR GUTS for the next century or so, they let the dust settle, and got on with it all, even becoming our ALLIES.  Smart folks, that can take loss, and then rebuild something even better.

Since i've never really "studied" it, i can't speak about Japanese philosophy, other than my take on it, so please forgive any faux pas i might make ~ i was young and wild, the world was my oyster, and i had FOUND the Pearl!  ;)  i was either 14 years old, or soon to BE 14, so that ought to give you some idea of where my head was at.

But, accepted we were, and i can honestly tell you that i have never felt safer, in my person and in my mind, than when i lived there.  i was "different," even from the other round-eyes, because of my red hair, and i felt like the Japanese people around me sort of "took care of" me, you know, like something to be valued or perhaps a favorite pet.  (More about that, later)

(God, just thinking about it all, again, i feel so...  secure)

Okay, well, let me fall back, regroup, and start focusing on certain events, 'cuz if i try to do a "History," odds are, it'll end up being a MESS!  rofl

AND YOU CAN  ASK QUESTIONS... ;)

Also, i'm into the jumpy-jacking, again.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 10:07:25 AM by fyrenza »
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Japan, 1968 - 1973 Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 10:16:51 PM
Is Japan 1968 - 1973 for sale here?

If so, I'll take it.

Re: Japan, 1968 - 1973 Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 10:57:23 PM
Is Japan 1968 - 1973 for sale here?

If so, I'll take it.

Sorry ~ just well used memories.

And they're only for "share," NOT for sale.

If i weren't awaiting an important phone call or two, i'd do another chapter, but i'm a little distracted.  i'll do Pink Floyd Concert, 1971 , Hakone :

Pink Floyd - LIVE in Japan august 1971 - 2 di 2 - HQ

Enjoy ~ i sure did!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 10:58:07 PM by fyrenza »
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Japan, 1968 - 1973 Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 02:56:10 PM
SDKLHVS;ADVSHV
VSKLJDBV
SLBKS
LJB S
LJKBCDVSKAJDBVLSKJBDV
SDBVK;SJABDVKSAD
VSB
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Re: Japan, 1968 - 1973 Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 06:51:03 PM
SDKLHVS;ADVSHV
VSKLJDBV
SLBKS
LJB S
LJKBCDVSKAJDBVLSKJBDV
SDBVK;SJABDVKSAD
VSB

Huh ???
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Japan, 1968 - 1973 Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 07:11:05 PM
Quid pro quo. He's posting gibberish.
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: Japan, 1968 - 1973 Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 08:14:29 PM
Quid pro quo. He's posting gibberish.

Ah.  Though one might have thought he'd use a Japanese character set...
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Japan, 1968 - 1973 Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 09:40:41 PM
i don't know about you, Unders, but i find it amazing that we could have been accepted by the Japanese, that soon after the atrocity of Hiroshima.  Speaks to the Japanese way of thinking, i believe.  Their Emperor wasn't God, they lost the war they had fought so hard, and instead of HATING OUR GUTS for the next century or so, they let the dust settle, and got on with it all, even becoming our ALLIES.  Smart folks, that can take loss, and then rebuild something even better.

Since i've never really "studied" it, i can't speak about Japanese philosophy, other than my take on it, so please forgive any faux pas i might make ~ i was young and wild, the world was my oyster, and i had FOUND the Pearl!  ;)  i was either 14 years old, or soon to BE 14, so that ought to give you some idea of where my head was at.

But, accepted we were, and i can honestly tell you that i have never felt safer, in my person and in my mind, than when i lived there.  i was "different," even from the other round-eyes, because of my red hair, and i felt like the Japanese people around me sort of "took care of" me, you know, like something to be valued or perhaps a favorite pet.  (More about that, later)

(God, just thinking about it all, again, i feel so...  secure)

Also, i'm into the jumpy-jacking, again.

Some people forgive, some didn't. The mainland Chinese still hate the Japanese with a passion that is frightening. The modern generation of J-kids is too affluent to want to kill anyone.

Most Japanese go with the crowd, and when the crowd isn't a bloodthirsty killing machine like in the war then they're a nice bunch of happy drunks.

It is an amazingly safe nation though. I don't think there's anywhere else like it in the world. My wife can walk anywhere at any time and not fee the slightest bit threatened.

I really enjoy living here. It's such an easy place to exist.
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: Japan, 1968 - 1973 Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 10:59:43 PM
Most Japanese go with the crowd, and when the crowd isn't a bloodthirsty killing machine like in the war then they're a nice bunch of happy drunks.

It is an amazingly safe nation though. I don't think there's anywhere else like it in the world. My wife can walk anywhere at any time and not fee the slightest bit threatened.

I really enjoy living here. It's such an easy place to exist.

It's COMFORTABLE, a truly comfortable place and way to live; a comfortable life.  <sigh>
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Japan, 1968 - 1973 Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 12:02:01 AM
It just costs a fuckton to live there ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Re: Japan, 1968 - 1973 Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 12:17:15 AM
if you're earning here it's OK. Not a cheap place to fund your lifestyle from offshore though
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: Japan, 1968 - 1973 Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 12:27:03 AM
if you're earning here it's OK. Not a cheap place to fund your lifestyle from offshore though

See?  THAT freaks me out!  When i was there, we took 10K yen for shopping trips, it was only like $36.

And food?  A plateLOAD of curry cost 100Y, but the little 7.w/e oz Coke was 125Y!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 12:28:25 AM by fyrenza »
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Japan, 1968 - 1973 Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 12:43:41 AM
these days 10K yen is $100. In the 80's it was much more though

Re: Japan, 1968 - 1973 Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 06:54:58 PM
i'LL TAKE IT!

Re: Japan, 1968 - 1973 Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 10:11:06 PM
sold, you can start with the west coast

Re: Japan, 1968 - 1973 Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 04:57:19 AM
Commie, you should join us in Japan in November.

I think you should, anyways..

Re: Japan, 1968 - 1973 Reply #18 on: August 11, 2009, 01:13:04 PM
Despite the fact that i'm still awaiting the most important of the phone calls ("Herb's here!"), i shall continue:

i believe there were at least 7 of us that went to that concert.  At that time, i was, what, 16, soon to be 17?  Nevertheless, i fancy-foot-worked my folks into allowing me to go to what we THOUGHT was a TWO DAY, outdoor concert.  Turned out, it was the SAME concert, for TWO days, and so die oh.

This is going to sound so terrible, but unless i'm tripping?  Pink Floyd sort of SUX...  Back in those days, i would do acid, but either it was strong enough, or i was weak enough, that when i took a trip, i LEFT THE SCENE OF THE CRIME, as it were.  i remember that we DID take some with us, and once we were there, there was plenty of it offered ~ some dude climbed a little tree, and was throwing hits out to the onlookers.  i did enjoy the music ~ got spaced out, was sitting there listening, and a reporter took my pic  :o ~ i ended up on the cover of the Stars & Stripes Newspaper, looking like i was seeing God, or something!  Mouth hangin' open, Sheesh.

My friend, Linda, and i almost got to meet the band ~ we sneaked around and found the way "backstage," but unfortunately, we stuck out like sore thumbs (she was blonde, i'm a ginger), so we were ever so politely asked to GTFO.

And, as expected, here's the first interruption ~ Dear's home, blathering on about he's Hon-Gry, and What's To Eat?  Cripes.  brb
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Japan, 1968 - 1973 Reply #19 on: August 11, 2009, 05:22:51 PM

Tell me moar!?!

Re: Japan, 1968 - 1973 Reply #20 on: August 11, 2009, 06:50:13 PM
This is going to sound so terrible, but unless i'm tripping?  Pink Floyd sort of SUX...

That doesn't sound terrible, just incorrect.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: Japan, 1968 - 1973 Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 05:16:49 AM

Tell me moar!?!

Simple, get on an aeroplane on 31/10 and arrive in Tokyo on 01/11. Get a JR rail pass. We'll do the rest.

(geez, that sounds like we're in a cult or something)....

Re: Japan, 1968 - 1973 Reply #22 on: August 12, 2009, 02:33:35 PM
So.

The phone calls have FINALLY come ~

i'll be making a couple of runs, one to see Herb, the other to go see what kind of HELL my son and dad are putting my mom through, and to rescue her, if need be.

Crap, i'm actually thinking i may have to involve "The Authorities," and that just kills...  Anyway, i'll be making that trip, tomorrow, so if y'all don't see me for a bit, my dad probably shot me and i'll be laying up in a hospital, somewhere.

(And y'all wEnder WHY i'm an alchie, pothead, ditz?  ... )
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Japan, 1968 - 1973 Reply #23 on: August 12, 2009, 06:36:35 PM
WTF is wEnder?

Re: Japan, 1968 - 1973 Reply #24 on: August 12, 2009, 06:41:48 PM
wonder., sorry wOnder.
Quote from: FB comment
Look dude, there's only one thing I like that starts with Hot Black Co- and it doesn't end in 'ffee'.

Re: Japan, 1968 - 1973 Reply #25 on: August 12, 2009, 07:15:35 PM
wonder., sorry wOnder.

i just do that stuff 'cuz my real name is wendy, and i wonder, AND i wander, etc.

but you don't exactly use those words in everyday conversation.

Anyway, one down, one to go.
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Japan, 1968 - 1973 Reply #26 on: August 12, 2009, 07:16:20 PM
Which words? Wonder and wander? They're pretty commonly used words, I'd say.

Re: Japan, 1968 - 1973 Reply #27 on: August 12, 2009, 07:18:02 PM
Which words? Wonder and wander? They're pretty commonly used words, I'd say.

Well, wander* i haven't used in quite some time, and wunder isn't even english, so,

yeah, i do it to wonder, 'cuz i DO use that a lot.

Also, there's no "real" word ~ wEnder, and i like to make up words, sometimes.

i tend to "careen" and "ricochet" about.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 07:23:22 PM by fyrenza »
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Japan, 1968 - 1973 Reply #28 on: August 12, 2009, 07:41:12 PM
I think my brain just broke.

Re: Japan, 1968 - 1973 Reply #29 on: August 12, 2009, 07:45:40 PM
I think she means ...

she typed wEnder as in wendy + wonder/wander. it wasent a typo.

usage: if you do crack you will wenders around alot, get bashed, raped and die.
Quote from: FB comment
Look dude, there's only one thing I like that starts with Hot Black Co- and it doesn't end in 'ffee'.