Quote from: Zoomie
The one on the right looks like my mom...
Quote from: Thrash
Your mom's the poster girl for VD?

Vatican city(Read 3709 times)
Vatican city on: August 29, 2011, 01:43:27 PM
I want this fucking place NUKED OFF THE face of the EARTH.
Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

Re: Vatican city Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 04:49:54 PM
Ok, I'll bite; why?
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Re: Vatican city Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 09:39:44 PM
Becuse I'm obviously a terrorist and so called holy Romans can eat my shorts.

Gee you though I had a good argument or what, I want that fucking place destroyed and all involved dead.

Simple as that.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 10:38:15 PM by Tru »

Re: Vatican city Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 09:58:09 PM
shoulda gone with a rant about priests fucking little boys

Re: Vatican city Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 10:10:30 PM
Tru may be a closet Christian fundamentalist - I've heard the same spiel out of mouths that think the Vatican is the whore of Babylon.

Re: Vatican city Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 10:45:07 PM
Without the Vatican there really is no evil.

They create it as an excuse for their existence. And the looting of the faithful is their reward.

Re: Vatican city Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 11:38:49 AM
Tru may be a closet Christian fundamentalist - I've heard the same spiel out of mouths that think the Vatican is the whore of Babylon.

Really? I would've thought its a good place for Christians...?
I dont know. I've never heard anything overly good or bad about it. (until now)

It sure beats a huge crater in the ground though..
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 11:39:12 AM by Nitya »

Re: Vatican city Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 12:35:39 PM
The loons in the US interpret some bible verses to mean that the Vatican is evil.

Even though the Bible they read was selected by Rome and most of the theology they support was formed by Catholic theologians (with a healthy dose of Southern US stupid thrown in for kicks).

Re: Vatican city Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 01:33:05 PM
Well the Vatican is the seat of Catholic power. The majority of fundamentalists are not Catholic as Catholicism runs against the concept of fundamentalism in several areas. Notably, the Holy See has acknowledged that Evolution is a real force of nature. (Though most recently Benedict XVI seems to be reversing this view...) This casts the story of Adam & Eve as purely figurative. The Vatican has also acknowledged the scientific view of the creation of the Earth as accurate. Fundamentalists on the other hand are all about biblical literalism. Catholicism isn't fundamental enough for them.

Their dislike of the Vatican aside, though, the best one yet is the fundamentalist desire for massive war between the Arabs and the Israeli Jews in the Holy Land. The idea is that this will bring about The Rapture and then all of the faithful will be whisked away to Paradise.

PS - I don't think that the Catholic version of the bible is used by many Fundamentalists. The most common version I've seen them use is the KJV. Apparently God's Word only crystallized into Truth some time around 1600. But it's certainly true that the Catholics were responsible for condensing the prior scriptures into the basic materials that formed the KJV.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 01:35:00 PM by Doormouse »

Re: Vatican city Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 02:16:48 PM
That's my point.  You can re-translate the same thing over and over again, claim that one translation is more divinely inspired than the next, but ultimately they're just rehashing the same material Rome originally decided should fit into the Bible.  It's not as though they went out and tracked down texts declared heretical by the ancient church to form an entirely new religion.

I also think it's funny that they use the KJV.  It was translated specifically to slant towards the Anglican church, another church most fundamentalists would deride as being too liberal (and to the British monarchy, which every American should hate of course).

Likewise, they retain a fair amount of Catholic theology (and extra-Biblical mystic stuff).  Repackaged, sure.  They diverge and take separate paths.  But they're all branches on the same tree - the Protestant Reformation didn't occur to the 16th century.  I don't know how people make the leap from having a shared history to deriding someone as evil - especially based on Ecclesiastical choices of various religious organizations that the typical layperson doesn't even understand.

Re: Vatican city Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 11:37:21 AM
(and to the British monarchy, which every American should hate of course).

Maybe 250 years ago there was good reason to hate the Britsh Monarchy (who, by the way, were German), but they are so irrelevant now days that there are better thing to expend hate on, like the concentration of social power into unaccountable corporate stuctures.

The British Monarchy are best viewed as a curious anachronism.

Re: Vatican city Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 09:18:21 PM
It's not as though they went out and tracked down texts declared heretical by the ancient church to form an entirely new religion.
That's actually what I've been doing from thrift stores. I collect all apocryphal and fringe deuterocanonical material I can find in a bound form. My most recent acquisition was a slim leather-bound volume issued by The Order of Christian Mystics containing excerpts from the Book of Isis.

As much as I decry religion from time to time I find it deeply fascinating.

Re: Vatican city - Jessy Ventura Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 02:24:19 AM
Nice to be able to experience your experience from a third person perspective.

Plus you have to understand how many texts and informatics have been destroyed over the centuries.
http://tubeplus.me/player/1963763/2012_FALLOUT_SHELTER%3A_SECRET_UNDERGROUND_BUNKERS/

Re: Vatican city Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 11:06:35 AM
As much as I decry religion from time to time I find it deeply fascinating.

I don't decry it but I do find it very interesting.

Re: Vatican city Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 02:31:27 PM
(and to the British monarchy, which every American should hate of course).

Maybe 250 years ago there was good reason to hate the Britsh Monarchy (who, by the way, were German), but they are so irrelevant now days that there are better thing to expend hate on, like the concentration of social power into unaccountable corporate stuctures.

The British Monarchy are best viewed as a curious anachronism.

Just a joke about what fundamentalists hate.  Except Princess Di, of course.  They get collector plates of her.

Re: Vatican city Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 01:50:16 AM
Ahhh, sorry, missed the context.

So we should kill Kate Middleton as soon as possible...

Re: Vatican city Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 10:05:52 AM
Hell no, shes one we want to have fun with first.
Quote from: FB comment
Look dude, there's only one thing I like that starts with Hot Black Co- and it doesn't end in 'ffee'.

Re: Vatican city Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 02:25:51 PM
She'd look good on a collector plate though.  Maybe one of those Franklin Mint coins.  I could see a lot of those getting sold in Georgia.

Re: Vatican city Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 02:34:18 PM
She'd probably even look good with her head mounted on a wall... Deer style.

Re: Vatican city Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 01:07:02 AM
Hey, I LIKED Lady Di!
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Vatican city Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 01:51:44 AM
She was nice, apparently.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: Vatican city Reply #21 on: September 07, 2011, 04:13:54 AM
Refreshing in a way.

Re: Vatican city Reply #22 on: September 11, 2011, 07:31:07 PM
The ONLY "royal" worth half of a shit, IMHO!
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')