Quote from: punkallstar
where there's drunken sailors, there i shall be!

thank you bbc(Read 11569 times)
Re: thank you bbc Reply #60 on: February 03, 2010, 09:23:50 PM
Think about it.  If everyone that COULD work, DID work, there wouldn't be a need for UHC, NOR public assistance, would there?  In ANY well functioning society, there's NO NEED for it, and the fact that you're so concerned about it just goes to show that our society is melting down to it's lowest common denominator.

Tell this to overworked and underpaid teachers who make around 27K to start, are in 100 K debt from their education (and only getting worse, since teachers are forced by state to constantly continue their education, at the cost of the teacher) and with no dental, eye, and very poor health care that does not cover jack shit.

Tell this to overworked and underpaid city police and firefighters who make even less than a teacher to start, in debt from the academy, and the city shit healthcare does not cover the hazards that happen to them at their jobs. Oh and then ask them how their promised 2% raise per year is helping... considering that the cost of living raises by 3% every year.

Some jobs do not pay enough to live. Sure, i can go to the hospital, get emergency care, but not the medications I need, and fuck up my credit all I want - but then I cant get a car to get to work, or a house to live in.
Some people are disabled and unable to work.
Some can't get jobs because they are too old, or their job was just outsourced to India.
Did you consider that in your utopia?

As for your story about your mother being poor... I want to point out:

EVERY ONE of the four children got out and STROKED it, and made lives for themselves, and THAT was part of the beauty of America!

Yes, that certainly WAS the BEAUTY of america, a post war america that gave bonds, subsidized land on old farms turned suburban communities, of free trade, a stable economy, a workforce at home... Seriously. You can not compare that era with today. 1950s

My point is that no one should have to STRUGGLE. It is unfair and it is wrong.

Re: thank you bbc Reply #61 on: February 04, 2010, 02:32:06 AM
And that's what my point about social welfare is all about... protecting to a certain degree the weakest in society.

Lets say I earned a million dollars a year. 1.5% of that is $15k. That $15k goes into a huge pot, so someone who earns $30K a year (and contributes $450 a year) doesnt have to mortgage their future if they break a leg.

If I broke a leg (while on my million dollar salary), I could feel confident that I could be taken to a public hospital, and get my leg set, get whatever meds I need, and not need to worry about it. Some of you might think that's a scam because I'm rich enough to pay for my own treatment out of my own pocket, but remember, I'm contributing $15K a year into the scheme.

America has a long history of public philanthropy by very wealthy individuals, with noble goals and all that, but you cant rely on the kindness of strangers in the event of illness, and if you are ill, you cant rely on yourself either. Either you draw on insurance, if you could afford it in the first place, or hope that somehow whatever treatment you require is given. Having your credit wrecked because you couldnt pay the hospital is a penalty for getting sick, and bullshit if you ask me.

If you think that's wrong, that's fine... but millions of people in every other developed nation know better.

Re: thank you bbc Reply #62 on: February 04, 2010, 06:30:10 AM
If you think that's wrong, that's fine... but millions of people in every other developed nation know better.

Precisely. But you fuckheads better not be telling us how to live in the greatest nation on earth, God Bless The USA we got nukular weapons!!!!
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: thank you bbc Reply #63 on: February 04, 2010, 06:43:29 AM
God forbid we should do that, eh?

God Bless The USA we got nukular weapons!!!!

So does England, France... places that either have decent social welfare systems.

Then again so does Russia, China, India, Pakistan and Israel... places not noted for social compassion.

Re: thank you bbc Reply #64 on: February 04, 2010, 06:21:12 PM
Yeah but we ain't lettin' NOBODY tell us what to do! Fuck them poor negroes. Commerce, commerce COMMERCE!!!!

Re: thank you bbc Reply #65 on: February 04, 2010, 07:40:21 PM
We have thriving economies down under too
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: thank you bbc Reply #66 on: February 04, 2010, 09:46:47 PM
You mean South Afrika?

I guess.

Re: thank you bbc Reply #67 on: February 06, 2010, 11:42:08 AM
And that's what my point about social welfare is all about... protecting to a certain degree the weakest in society.

Lets say I earned a million dollars a year. 1.5% of that is $15k. That $15k goes into a huge pot, so someone who earns $30K a year (and contributes $450 a year) doesnt have to mortgage their future if they break a leg.

If I broke a leg (while on my million dollar salary), I could feel confident that I could be taken to a public hospital, and get my leg set, get whatever meds I need, and not need to worry about it. Some of you might think that's a scam because I'm rich enough to pay for my own treatment out of my own pocket, but remember, I'm contributing $15K a year into the scheme.

America has a long history of public philanthropy by very wealthy individuals, with noble goals and all that, but you cant rely on the kindness of strangers in the event of illness, and if you are ill, you cant rely on yourself either. Either you draw on insurance, if you could afford it in the first place, or hope that somehow whatever treatment you require is given. Having your credit wrecked because you couldnt pay the hospital is a penalty for getting sick, and bullshit if you ask me.

I cannot understand why this isn't just common sense to everyone.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: thank you bbc Reply #68 on: February 06, 2010, 12:16:31 PM
"We find these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal by virtue of their ability to earn, that they are endowed by their Employer with certain inalienable rights, that among these are the ability to pay their own way or starve and freeze in the street or die painfully from a minor and preventable medical condition..."

According to Wikipedia that has been called one of the "best-known sentences in the English language" and "the most potent and consequential words in American history" and I just fixed it.

You're welcome.

Re: thank you bbc Reply #69 on: February 06, 2010, 07:04:51 PM
The only thing missing from the end of the Declaration of Independence is "Bazinga"...

Re: thank you bbc Reply #70 on: February 06, 2010, 07:18:16 PM
Think about it.  If everyone that COULD work, DID work, there wouldn't be a need for UHC, NOR public assistance, would there?  In ANY well functioning society, there's NO NEED for it, and the fact that you're so concerned about it just goes to show that our society is melting down to it's lowest common denominator.

Tell this to overworked and underpaid teachers who make around 27K to start, are in 100 K debt from their education (and only getting worse, since teachers are forced by state to constantly continue their education, at the cost of the teacher) and with no dental, eye, and very poor health care that does not cover jack shit.

Tell this to overworked and underpaid city police and firefighters who make even less than a teacher to start, in debt from the academy, and the city shit healthcare does not cover the hazards that happen to them at their jobs. Oh and then ask them how their promised 2% raise per year is helping... considering that the cost of living raises by 3% every year.

Some jobs do not pay enough to live. Sure, i can go to the hospital, get emergency care, but not the medications I need, and fuck up my credit all I want - but then I cant get a car to get to work, or a house to live in.
Some people are disabled and unable to work.
Some can't get jobs because they are too old, or their job was just outsoou've said is true of our teachers, here.

Okay.  Now, I'll read the rest of your post!  lolurced to India.
Did you consider that in your utopia?

As for your story about your mother being poor... I want to point out:
 sis-in-law is a teacher, right here in Texas.  NONE of what y
EVERY ONE of the four children got out and STROKED it, and made lives for themselves, and THAT was part of the beauty of America!

Yes, that certainly WAS the BEAUTY of america, a post war america that gave bonds, subsidized land on old farms turned suburban communities, of free trade, a stable economy, a workforce at home... Seriously. You can not compare that era with today. 1950s

My point is that no one should have to STRUGGLE. It is unfair and it is wrong.

WHOA!  My sis in law is FUCK!!!

I'm on IE, and when you go past the end of the post window?

THE FUCKING THANG JUST JUMPS AROUND, all over the place.

The rest of my post is cleverly hidden iSOMEWHERE in here...

Good luck
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 07:20:52 PM by arielle.looney »
Signature :      X   

Re: thank you bbc Reply #71 on: February 07, 2010, 07:30:15 AM
I would like to thank the BBC for this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/virtualrevolution

Re: thank you bbc Reply #72 on: February 07, 2010, 08:17:26 AM
THANK YUO SHEEPRAPE!

Re: thank you bbc Reply #73 on: February 07, 2010, 08:24:03 AM
the sheep never said no.

Re: thank you bbc Reply #74 on: February 07, 2010, 08:02:50 PM
Baaaa means Baaaa

Re: thank you bbc Reply #75 on: February 07, 2010, 08:36:50 PM
beans means heinz
Quote from: FB comment
Look dude, there's only one thing I like that starts with Hot Black Co- and it doesn't end in 'ffee'.

Re: thank you bbc Reply #76 on: February 08, 2010, 06:31:31 PM
For Mash Get Smash
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: thank you bbc Reply #77 on: February 08, 2010, 06:49:28 PM
Oh I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner...