Quote from: Random Visitor To LG[/quote
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

islam is bullshit(Read 12358 times)
islam is bullshit on: May 12, 2010, 02:43:29 AM
So some Indian restaurant here told my sister they're closed on Mondays and Thursdays because a lot of their customers are Muslim and those are the two days Muslims are forbidden to eat meat. She told me this over a joint tonight after work, so I googled it, and didn't find anything about days of no meat. But I kept reading, and this is some stupid shit. I mean I tend to think of all religions as being pretty retarded but wow. At least a lot of the shit Jesus supposedly preached is fairly enlightened, appealing stuff. What I read of dietary and various other restrictions was just... dumb. There are so many blatant contradictions and do-overs and sanctimonious grandstanding, pretending to be some all-knowing asshole with the answers to everything in your life. Ugh. I read about this shit for about fifteen minutes, that was all it took to make me laugh my ass off (I was high) and just be amazed that anyone buys this bullshit.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: islam is bullshit Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 03:09:53 PM
LOL @ OTHER PEOPLE

Re: islam is bullshit Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 11:08:31 PM
I think the Indians were having her on. They do that, you know...
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: islam is bullshit Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 12:08:54 AM
Yeah, everyone knows Friday is the meat-free day
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: islam is bullshit Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 01:03:41 AM
Well,

unless you're Hip...

(Look, pal-ie ~ you're my fucking NEMESIS, here.  If I'm obsessed, it's with your overall fuktardedness, and absolute wEnderment that you're included in such a FAB and elite place.  Of course, THEN I happen to think that if YOU weren't here, I probably wouldn't be welcome, either, so I pull myself back from just fucking BITCH punting you ~ YOU being the bitch of which, in that scenario.)
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: islam is bullshit Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 04:56:30 AM
Yeah, everyone knows Friday is the meat-free day

Yeah that's why I eat the meat of fish on that day. Oh wait, that was on tuesday.
Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

Re: islam is bullshit Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 08:55:14 AM
Tru is old school, rollin' through the hood with his miter and his rosary after vespers...

Re: islam is bullshit Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 07:06:31 PM
Well,

unless you're Hip...

(Look, pal-ie ~ you're my fucking NEMESIS, here.  If I'm obsessed, it's with your overall fuktardedness, and absolute wEnderment that you're included in such a FAB and elite place.  Of course, THEN I happen to think that if YOU weren't here, I probably wouldn't be welcome, either, so I pull myself back from just fucking BITCH punting you ~ YOU being the bitch of which, in that scenario.)

Um, what?

Re: islam is bullshit Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 10:41:11 PM
I can't believe you didn't get that, Si. If I'm going to be Fyre's official translator I'm afraid I'm going to have to charge by the word...

Re: islam is bullshit Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 11:42:16 PM
Hahahahahahahaha
Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

Re: islam is bullshit Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 02:27:58 AM
I can't believe you didn't get that, Si. If I'm going to be Fyre's official translator I'm afraid I'm going to have to charge by the word...

Oh, I understood perfectly what she meant and who she said it to. My response is still valid.

Re: islam is bullshit Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 08:55:16 PM
All Abrahamic religions have dietary restrictions. Most of them made good sense when they were first conceived of. The Torah's/Pentateuch's restrictions again pork were intended to prevent death by trichinosis. The theory at the time was that God was smiting those that ate "unclean" foods and the codification of the law into dogmatic religious text provided an answer to the common rabble when the natural question of "why no eat pork?" came up. The answer is that this makes God angry.

The problem with religion is that it is inflexible and static. As science develops and demonstrates the reasoning to be incorrect for certain answers to the endless "why?" questions that man has always asked, religious thought should adapt to the new facts that have been uncovered. Sadly that's not actually religion, though. Religion entails belief without facts and in fact belief despite contrary facts.

So the problem is really with religion in general and not with Islam.

But really the problem has nothing to do with religion. The problem is that the proprietors of the establishment are fucking morons. The establishment closes on days when Muslims are forbidden from eating meat? Let's run through some elementary logic.
1)Presumably customers that order meat on these days are non-Muslims, no? Why is it the proprietor's job to protect the morals of his customers?
2)South Indian cuisine is almost exclusively vegetarian, isn't it? In fact Indian cuisine is one of the few places where ALL vegetarian options are delicious.
3)Indian food is amazing and should be available every day, am I wrong?

Re: islam is bullshit Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 11:38:39 PM
Indian food is yummy, but it puts a hurtin on my tummy.
Go to these sites, and don't forget to tell your friends!
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: islam is bullshit Reply #13 on: May 26, 2010, 01:12:57 AM
I care not what is on the plate infront of me... I will eat virtually anything*.

* I will not eat a bowl of dicks, nor will I eat shit and die.

Re: islam is bullshit Reply #14 on: May 26, 2010, 01:28:52 AM
STUPID DISCLAIMERS!

How about...eat shit and have mild stomach discomfort for the next week?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 01:29:42 AM by Emperor Reagan »

Re: islam is bullshit Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 03:02:44 AM
The problem with religion is that it is inflexible and static. As science develops and demonstrates the reasoning to be incorrect for certain answers to the endless "why?" questions that man has always asked, religious thought should adapt to the new facts that have been uncovered. Sadly that's not actually religion, though. Religion entails belief without facts and in fact belief despite contrary facts.

Oh please, religions are broad, dont lump them all together. Oh no wait, im mistaken, anyone can see people with faith must be idiots! Now lets all laugh at them and their inferiority!

But really the problem has nothing to do with religion. The problem is that the proprietors of the establishment are fucking morons. The establishment closes on days when Muslims are forbidden from eating meat? Let's run through some elementary logic.
1)Presumably customers that order meat on these days are non-Muslims, no? Why is it the proprietor's job to protect the morals of his customers?
2)South Indian cuisine is almost exclusively vegetarian, isn't it? In fact Indian cuisine is one of the few places where ALL vegetarian options are delicious.
3)Indian food is amazing and should be available every day, am I wrong?

Um, maybe if nearly all his customers are muslim he may not get enough traffic on those days to afford to keep the restaurant open? He didnt preach at her, he didnt say you shouldnt eat meat on those days.

And i dont think the majority of indian food is vegetarian in the west/usa, a lot of indians eat meat. Besides im sure she has another restaurant nearbyish.   

Re: islam is bullshit Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 04:55:00 AM
if the guy wants to close his shop occasionally and still does a good trade then more power to him

Re: islam is bullshit Reply #17 on: May 26, 2010, 08:11:17 AM
Oh please, religions are broad, dont lump them all together. Oh no wait, im mistaken, anyone can see people with faith must be idiots! Now lets all laugh at them and their inferiority!
Oh please, If this is going to turn into a Hinduism is better than Islam debate then count me out. I was talking about Abrahamic religions initially but I broadened my criticism because dogmatic beliefs are actually pretty ubiquitous in all religions. Let's take for example the common concept of the creation myth despite and in the face of all scientific evidence to the contrary. Maybe your favorite religion is less dogmatic than Islam. That must be wonderful for you. I think my central point (that religious dogma is stupid) still stands and I don't think that adherence to a less obviously dogmatic religion entitles you to turn your nose up at other ones or to shift all the blame for dogma onto Islam.

I also don't laugh at the religious for their beliefs. I range from indifferent to objectively interested to critical but I know better than to think there's anything very funny about it.

Um, maybe if nearly all his customers are muslim he may not get enough traffic on those days to afford to keep the restaurant open? He didnt preach at her, he didnt say you shouldnt eat meat on those days.
I thought Antigua was mainly Christian. Wasn't it controlled by Spain? The name sounds pretty Spanish. Anyway I suppose that if the reason the proprietor was closing was due to reduced patronage on those days then that would just be a sound business decision but I was led to understand his reasons had something to do with making sure his Islamic patrons didn't accidentally ingest meat on days their religion forbade them to.

And i dont think the majority of indian food is vegetarian in the west/usa, a lot of indians eat meat. Besides im sure she has another restaurant nearbyish.
I've actually never been to an Indian restaurant that didn't have a large vegetarian section in their menus. If the restaurant owner wishes to cater to Muslims then why not follow the dietary practices that actual Muslim Indians follow? Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the assumption that on days in which eating meat is forbidden these people eat vegetables. Do they actually just abstain from food altogether?
If the goal was to remain open on all days then a vegetarian-only menu could be issued on the non-meat days, or... (even more obviously) the proprietors could just assume that that those ordering meat were not in fact Muslim. After all, why would a practicing Muslim deliberately violate the dietary laws of his own religion? Is the fear that the owner my be responsible for evilly tempting his good Muslim patrons to violate their laws? If so then I ask again why is this the responsibility of the proprietor?

Re: islam is bullshit Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 09:00:02 AM
Oh please, If this is going to turn into a Hinduism is better than Islam debate then count me out. I was talking about Abrahamic religions initially but I broadened my criticism because dogmatic beliefs are actually pretty ubiquitous in all religions. Let's take for example the common concept of the creation myth despite and in the face of all scientific evidence to the contrary. Maybe your favorite religion is less dogmatic than Islam. That must be wonderful for you. I think my central point (that religious dogma is stupid) still stands and I don't think that adherence to a less obviously dogmatic religion entitles you to turn your nose up at other ones or to shift all the blame for dogma onto Islam.

I also don't laugh at the religious for their beliefs. I range from indifferent to objectively interested to critical but I know better than to think there's anything very funny about it.

I never mentioned Hinduism, frankly I can accept that I dont know enough about other religions to claim them as BS, so I dont.

I thought Antigua was mainly Christian. Wasn't it controlled by Spain? The name sounds pretty Spanish. Anyway I suppose that if the reason the proprietor was closing was due to reduced patronage on those days then that would just be a sound business decision but I was led to understand his reasons had something to do with making sure his Islamic patrons didn't accidentally ingest meat on days their religion forbade them to.

I've actually never been to an Indian restaurant that didn't have a large vegetarian section in their menus. If the restaurant owner wishes to cater to Muslims then why not follow the dietary practices that actual Muslim Indians follow? Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the assumption that on days in which eating meat is forbidden these people eat vegetables. Do they actually just abstain from food altogether?
If the goal was to remain open on all days then a vegetarian-only menu could be issued on the non-meat days, or... (even more obviously) the proprietors could just assume that that those ordering meat were not in fact Muslim. After all, why would a practicing Muslim deliberately violate the dietary laws of his own religion? Is the fear that the owner my be responsible for evilly tempting his good Muslim patrons to violate their laws? If so then I ask again why is this the responsibility of the proprietor?

All that Si's sis said was that the restaurant was closed because the majority of customers cant eat meat on those days. He never told her it was about accidentally getting any meat in the system.

Anyway, i dont know what the menu is like, i have never been there and i have gone to indian restaurants with little vegetarian option. And I cant say what muslims eat when not eating meat. I'd doubt theyd eat out but thats my own opinion.

And unless the owner of the restaurant was a strong muslim i doubt he would put making sure other people follow their faith over making a profit. 

Re: islam is bullshit Reply #19 on: May 26, 2010, 09:00:34 AM
Double post.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 09:03:55 AM by Sakhi »

Re: islam is bullshit Reply #20 on: May 26, 2010, 09:07:12 AM
SCIENTOLOGY FOR EVERYONE!

Re: islam is bullshit Reply #21 on: May 26, 2010, 09:17:41 AM
Hey look, someone new engaged doormouse in a religious debate again.

Happy days

Re: islam is bullshit Reply #22 on: May 26, 2010, 10:14:04 AM
So some Indian restaurant here told my sister they're closed on Mondays and Thursdays because a lot of their customers are Muslim and those are the two days Muslims are forbidden to eat meat.
I guess I read another "because" into this line between "and" and "those." I shall blame the drink I was enjoying last night. If the owners are losing money by keeping the place open on Mondays and Thursdays then obviously it makes sense to close down.

Hey look, someone new engaged doormouse in a religious debate again.

Happy days
Oh hush. I try to fight my impulses but I'm just as much a sucker for these discussions as I am for cruel women with soft eyes. Anyway I'm already sick of myself in this thread. In my ideal world people wouldn't discuss religion. Traditions are fine and everyone can do whatever they want according to whatever scriptures they prefer provided it doesn't interfere with other people. But everything else is uncool.

Re: islam is bullshit Reply #23 on: May 26, 2010, 10:29:12 AM
I bet you $50 I can beat you at ping pong

Re: islam is bullshit Reply #24 on: May 26, 2010, 10:32:13 AM
I put a fiver down on underclass.

Re: islam is bullshit Reply #25 on: May 26, 2010, 11:01:28 AM
No contest. I'd take you up on it if it was foosball, though.

Re: islam is bullshit Reply #26 on: May 26, 2010, 08:11:48 PM
I'm just as much a sucker for these discussions as I am for cruel women with soft eyes[/img]
So... what are you doing friday night? Up for some abuse?

Re: islam is bullshit Reply #27 on: May 26, 2010, 08:16:18 PM
Whore. You promised me firsties.

Anyway,

Re: islam is bullshit Reply #28 on: May 26, 2010, 08:42:07 PM
I'm just as much a sucker for these discussions as I am for cruel women with soft eyes[/img]
So... what are you doing friday night? Up for some abuse?

Hmmm.. I may just be. That's kind of rare for me and that weekend will be my last free moment before August. Have anything special in mind? I think I remember how to get to your place.

Re: islam is bullshit Reply #29 on: May 27, 2010, 07:11:33 PM
Y'all know I'm a Christian, but I keep having to wEnder about something Jesus said to us about His Father's house having Many Rooms, and Him going to prepare one for us.

Anyone that wants to know God, and tries to adhere to religion, as it's been presented to them, is just seeking God.  Nothing bad about that, imho.

In many religions, you're taught that you ARE, indeed, your brother's keeper ~ YOU need to be responsible for what you put out there, and if whatEVER you're putting Out There is temptation ?  Then you share a responsibility in the sin.

In the New Testament?  Christians are told that NOTHING that God created and put here for us is forbidden to us:  No meats; no veggies; no "drugs"; NOTHING.

paraphrased scripture:  It's not what you put into a man that defiles him.  It's what comes OUT of him that defiles him.

There honestly CAN't be anything that God gave us that He wouldn't have wanted us to have.  He's GOD, ffs!  But, (what a SHOCK!), I digress...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 07:13:19 PM by fyrenza »
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity