Quote from: hip
does she know of your penchant for sucking dick?
Quote from: underclass
She's likely young enough to think it's nice that he's open minded
Quote from: Zoomie
Well it is nice that he's open minded. But I'm gathering that this one isn't a virgin and she knows what a dick tastes like. So yeah, brush before you kiss her.

First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy?(Read 12947 times)
Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #30 on: August 15, 2011, 10:44:54 PM
It's been far too long since I've been to a library. I download 90% of the movies I see and the rest I catch on TV or at the theatre.

And yeah, I've been suckered into watching many a counterpoint film mainly for the laughs (the way I approach it) such as those put out by the anti-evolution crowd, doomsday cultists, etc. only to find them breathtakingly dull and not funny in the least. And I still haven't learned my lesson. I just picked up a DVD at the Church of Scientology in Philly when I was visiting a buddy a few weeks back. I'm just hoping eventually to find a film equivalent of the brilliant Jack Chick comics.

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #31 on: August 16, 2011, 03:01:35 AM
That Ben Stein anti-atheist thing just made me angry.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #32 on: August 16, 2011, 11:11:17 PM
Was it Ben's POV or the subject matter in general?
Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #33 on: August 17, 2011, 01:21:40 AM
It was just a completely flawed argument. Evolution is wrong because the nazis tried to experiment with eugenics? He/it missed the point entirely.

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #34 on: August 17, 2011, 08:44:58 AM
That's actually pretty standard among the anti-evolution crowd. For them, it's an issue of strength of authority. The reason they listen to their preacher and trust him implicitly is because he is a '"good decent man" and because there are so few like him today. The preacher convinces his audience through presence, not through logic or evidence. I've repeatedly seen refutations of evolution involving a demonstration that Darwin was a practitioner of incest inasmuch as he married his first cousin. How could such an impure fellow have come up with a True theory?

Sadly it's not just the anti-evolution people either. It's a common argument that appeals to  a wide range of society. Look to the case of Julian Assange. His philosophy of freedom of information and total transparency is completely refuted by the fact that he's alleged to have raped a girl. Scrap the legitimate logical arguments. Rape = impure = wrong. Case closed.

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #35 on: August 17, 2011, 09:36:46 AM
Look to the case of Julian Assange. His philosophy of freedom of information and total transparency is completely refuted by the fact that he's alleged to have raped a girl.

This was written in the mid 90's... and due to Australian libel laws the names were changed to protect the guilty as well as the innocent... but more or less is some early history of Assange.
http://www.textfiles.com/magazines/TANJ/tanj.083

The problem is that to separate a cause from the person that is the figurehead of it requires setting aside personal values, and people arent comfortable with doing that. So any idiot with an axe to grind will play the man instead of the ball.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 09:44:20 AM by mosh »

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #36 on: August 17, 2011, 12:09:21 PM
So any idiot with an axe to grind will play the man instead of the ball.

Wow, well put!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYSxjW55Kzc

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #37 on: August 20, 2011, 01:43:16 PM
Yeah ...
... I thought you only posted "stupid"
... oh, wait, was that was within your outer/other 10%?
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #38 on: August 21, 2011, 12:06:26 PM
watch out for something mindblowingly amazing in 9 posts time...

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #39 on: August 21, 2011, 12:41:07 PM
...and after you read that post smash your computer at midnight and your true love will call you within 2 hours...
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #40 on: August 21, 2011, 03:50:51 PM
Uhm, she calls me all the time (if you count texting) ..
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #41 on: August 22, 2011, 11:02:00 AM
your mom dont count
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 11:02:30 AM by mosh »

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #42 on: August 22, 2011, 04:41:22 PM
This is 4.

or is it happening in 9 Mosh posts ???  and on this thread or across the forums.

fucking thread tease.
Quote from: FB comment
Look dude, there's only one thing I like that starts with Hot Black Co- and it doesn't end in 'ffee'.

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #43 on: August 22, 2011, 10:06:31 PM
It was just a completely flawed argument. Evolution is wrong because the nazis tried to experiment with eugenics? He/it missed the point entirely.

Along with the Bush's and their cabal mates.

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #44 on: August 28, 2011, 09:39:29 PM
This is 4.

or is it happening in 9 Mosh posts ???  and on this thread or across the forums.

fucking thread tease.

Overall ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #45 on: August 30, 2011, 10:41:58 AM
This is 4.

fucking thread tease.

It'ds every ten posts Brian,  do try to keep up...

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #46 on: October 08, 2011, 09:03:59 AM
i'm shorting the euro, this is all my fault
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #47 on: October 08, 2011, 09:58:24 PM
#9...
#9...
#9...

OK Moshman... wow me.
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #48 on: November 01, 2011, 10:44:55 AM
Greece is going to the polls on whether to accept a 50% debt write off.

Fuck me
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #49 on: November 01, 2011, 11:48:38 AM
$10 says the Greeks vote it down.

I would also be willing to put $10 on it winning, but through massive voter fraud.

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #50 on: November 01, 2011, 08:56:20 PM
If you want a balanced macro-level breakdown on why this is all happening read The Dolar Crisis.

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #51 on: November 01, 2011, 10:54:36 PM

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #52 on: November 04, 2011, 04:19:55 PM
I would like to buy up some cheap Euros from remote banks in greek cities once they convert back to their own national currency.
"White people is stupid, yo." ~ random black guy from Memphis.

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #53 on: November 06, 2011, 12:37:49 PM
I would like to knock over an armored car.

I once watched a local bank load pallet loads of cash in tightly wrapped 3 foot square (solid cubic yard blocks of cash) into one.

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #54 on: November 07, 2011, 09:38:35 AM
Read this comment predicting the course for the next few years on one of the review pages for the Dollar Crisis, which seems pretty reasonable:

"Deflation, followed by inflation. Money is being dropped by helicopters but only into banks, who are busy lending only to each other. The rest of the economy continues to contract, driving down demand and the need for liquidity, causing deflation and lower CPI. At some point, the economy will rebound, and Bernanke is confident that he can hit the brakes in time - but he won't be able to stop the flood of pent up liquidity, which will destroy the value of the dollar. In the short term, cash is king."

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #55 on: November 07, 2011, 11:10:08 PM
Not bad for a book written in 2002/2003

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #56 on: November 08, 2011, 06:29:54 AM
The reason I went hard at paying off my humble dwelling was that I saw this coming. Too much easy money flying around.

Now, if I can remain employed long enough to buy some land up the mountains near Omeo, enough canned peaches to last 6 years, and enough weapons and ammo to repel a zombie horde, I'll consider my life a success.

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #57 on: November 08, 2011, 07:06:27 AM
I need to find the right timing on buying a house.  I'm thinking that the timing should be good within the next two years or so, but so many conflicting views out there makes it hard to guess.  I'd like to start some mid scale farming, start looking at building seed stocks and building up the biomass in my dirt.

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #58 on: November 08, 2011, 09:14:39 AM
trust me you've got time to do this. If you can afford it now get it and lock down the interest rate for 20 years

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #59 on: November 08, 2011, 11:32:08 AM
Holding off for the cash from my reception and cash from my grandfather's estate.

It's better that we have had to wait in the long run, because we have done more analysis on the ideal place for us to live, career wise, and how much we'd like to spend on a house.

If we had bought this year, it probably would have been in Baltimore or in a mostly middle-to-upper class suburb where houses cost more than I'm comfortable paying.  I want a mortgage we can comfortably afford on 1 salary - so more like 35-40% of the $500,000 the realtors think we should be willing to pay.