Quote from: Zoomie
The one on the right looks like my mom...
Quote from: Thrash
Your mom's the poster girl for VD?

First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy?(Read 12948 times)
Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #60 on: November 09, 2011, 03:29:35 AM
your first house doens't have to be your dream house.
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #61 on: November 09, 2011, 09:46:21 AM
I'm not too worried about finding a particular house.  I don't mind putting in hard work to get things the way I want them.

I'm just a little obsessed with the garden, composting, and building up soil at this point, because I have been reading books about agricultural methods, maximizing yields, etc. 

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #62 on: November 18, 2011, 08:19:37 PM
68 million empty apartments in China and climbing.
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #63 on: November 18, 2011, 11:19:56 PM
68 million empty apartments in China and climbing.

Pretty much the same here in the states. Yet they keep building more.
Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #64 on: December 12, 2011, 04:57:24 AM
Yeah, I dont get that... the train trip from Philly to NYC was an eye opener the first time round... all through Jersey empty factories, hundreds of them. Ok, sure the land probablly isnt habitable by any menas, but tearing through that much arable land just to poison and waste it makes no sense to me.

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #65 on: December 12, 2011, 02:44:18 PM
Building codes almost always make it cheaper to build a new factory or apartment building than to refurbish an old one.  Rehabbing old buildings for asbestos, lead, and other contaminants is often prohibitively expensive, so people just don't do it unless there are other constraints that limit them.

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #66 on: December 17, 2011, 12:10:44 PM
I'm moving to the Jacksonville area in Feb, starting a new yurt after the holidays. I have my eye on several properties in southern WV, TN, and KY.
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #67 on: December 17, 2011, 02:27:22 PM
Building codes almost always make it cheaper to build a new factory or apartment building than to refurbish an old one.  Rehabbing old buildings for asbestos, lead, and other contaminants is often prohibitively expensive, so people just don't do it unless there are other constraints that limit them.

Yep what's a good American businessman to do when he finds he has two 110 story corrosion riddled white elephants on his hands, spend billions to properly demolish them or ...

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #68 on: December 19, 2011, 01:11:21 AM
Exactly ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #69 on: December 19, 2011, 09:17:36 AM
That's the free market way.

Rezone farm land to built new facilities and houses instead of dealing with rehabbing or demolishing the old.

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #70 on: December 21, 2011, 02:42:03 AM
I'm moving to the Jacksonville area in Feb, starting a new yurt after the holidays. I have my eye on several properties in southern WV, TN, and KY.

Didnt you already buy some and in WV?

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #71 on: December 21, 2011, 03:43:02 AM
Maybe he plans to dig a tunnel into CIA headquarters.

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #72 on: December 21, 2011, 04:26:26 PM
I thought that was Emp ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #73 on: December 21, 2011, 08:32:42 PM
I've been monitoring the market up there closely but unless and until I'm in a position to go walk a property I'm not buying. And prices are plummeting there too.

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #74 on: December 22, 2011, 12:14:57 AM
Get a $1 property ...
No love lost there ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #75 on: December 22, 2011, 10:09:45 PM
Nah. I've lived in MI and visited Detroit. Pass thanks.

Re: First Greece, Now Spain, Next Italy? Reply #76 on: December 23, 2011, 01:30:10 AM
Hahahaha ...
I still like our idea though ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')