Quote from: FAH-Q
Yeah so no more blood and my lungs are way better today. I just asked myself what jesus would do and realized that the motherfucker would just heal himself, so that's what I'm doing.

Cool Points ...(Read 15180 times)
Re: Cool Points ... Reply #30 on: March 04, 2009, 07:33:33 PM
This video is not available in your country.

:(
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: Cool Points ... Reply #31 on: March 04, 2009, 07:37:03 PM
WTF?  What did you guys do to piss off Steely Dan? It was "Any Major Dude Will Tell You..."
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: Cool Points ... Reply #32 on: March 04, 2009, 07:53:37 PM
Oh right on!

I dunno what we did to piss them off... maybe Owen Wilson spends time here and I'm unaware of it?

Re: Cool Points ... Reply #33 on: March 04, 2009, 08:12:12 PM
That being the case, and I never thought I'd say this, I feel lorry for Antiguans.

And WTF is up with his nose? Forceps scar? They have to yank him out and it reshaped his nose or what?

Re: Cool Points ... Reply #34 on: March 04, 2009, 08:26:01 PM
I have no idea, but it used to piss me off no end until he won me over a bit in Zoolander.

Did you click the link, though?

Re: Cool Points ... Reply #35 on: March 04, 2009, 08:32:24 PM
yeah but I read it a while back. Wasn't that a hoax or something?

Still funny...

Re: Cool Points ... Reply #36 on: March 04, 2009, 08:36:04 PM
It's on their site, isn't it?

Re: Cool Points ... Reply #37 on: March 04, 2009, 08:39:57 PM
Is it? Someone Twittered it, that's where I read it.

Re: Cool Points ... Reply #38 on: March 04, 2009, 08:42:04 PM
Oh, well the link I posted was on steelydan.com

Re: Cool Points ... Reply #39 on: March 04, 2009, 09:07:30 PM
I have no idea, but it used to piss me off no end until he won me over a bit in Zoolander.
Bottlerocket. The man was great from the start. And then he started pissing me off. Seriously though, Bottlerocket is extremely worth watching. I've seen it almost as many times as the Big Lebowski. different humor, but excellent.

Re: Cool Points ... Reply #40 on: March 04, 2009, 09:40:28 PM
I've never seen Bottlerocket. I liked both Focker movies, LOVED Zoolander and Starsky & Hutch, and Tenenbaums and The Life Aquatic were brilliant, but mostly because of Bill Murr-ay. The Big Bounce was actually pretty good too.

Wedding Crashers had its moments, but was ultimately kinda blah. Dupree sucked ass, as did Night at the Museum, and Cars was eh. That's basically all I've seen that he's done, aside from Armageddon, which I hadn't even remembered he'd been in. Armageddon was crap, as are all Bruckheimer movies, but worked as a popcorn flick on its own level.

Re: Cool Points ... Reply #41 on: March 04, 2009, 09:51:41 PM
Yeah he suffers form the same thing as Ben Stiller. It's when the public really starts to take notice and begins to pay an actor to do all these shitty roles that he starts to suck. Granted I'd do the same thing in his shoes. I have to say I even started feeling that way about Will Farrel (sacrilege as it may be)

Can't say I was a big fan of Shanghai Noon, either, although I know it's a pretty popular flick.

Re: Cool Points ... Reply #42 on: March 04, 2009, 10:10:44 PM
It looked dumb and it had Owen Wilson in it, who at the time still annoyed me, so I never bothered to watch it.

And I agree that Will Ferrell has become a little over-exposed. The trouble is, he peaked too early. He's never, ever, ever, EVER in a million years gonna top Anchorman, so no matter what he does it'll be somewhat disappointing. Same could be said to an extent about Old School. I liked quite a lot of Ricky Bobby, but it wasn't amazing. I never bothered with Blades of Steel cuz it had that lame dude from that overrated piece of crap Napoleon Dynamite. Semi-Pro was OK, but nothing special. I just watched Step Brothers and liked it quite a lot. Elf was good too, the ideal xmas movie. Stranger Than Fiction was pretty weird, but good.

Re: Cool Points ... Reply #43 on: March 04, 2009, 10:12:16 PM
A Night at the Roxbury was fucking awesome too.

Re: Cool Points ... Reply #44 on: March 04, 2009, 11:04:11 PM
It looked dumb and it had Owen Wilson in it, who at the time still annoyed me, so I never bothered to watch it.

And I agree that Will Ferrell has become a little over-exposed. The trouble is, he peaked too early. He's never, ever, ever, EVER in a million years gonna top Anchorman, so no matter what he does it'll be somewhat disappointing. Same could be said to an extent about Old School. I liked quite a lot of Ricky Bobby, but it wasn't amazing. I never bothered with Blades of Steel cuz it had that lame dude from that overrated piece of crap Napoleon Dynamite. Semi-Pro was OK, but nothing special. I just watched Step Brothers and liked it quite a lot. Elf was good too, the ideal xmas movie. Stranger Than Fiction was pretty weird, but good.

semi-pro was filmed here in my ghetto flint.

im feeling so random tonight. also, i am doing this on my wii. i gotta get a bigger tv.
cream filling for hollow victories

Re: Cool Points ... Reply #45 on: March 04, 2009, 11:52:04 PM
Oh right on!

I dunno what we did to piss them off... maybe Owen Wilson spends time here and I'm unaware of it?

You know, I've always wondered if that letter had anything to do with Owen Wilson's suicide attempt.  I felt a little bad after it happened because literally the day before he did it I posted in an SA thread about that letter the statement, "Owen Wilson should fucking kill himself to atone for his crimes against film."  I mean, I know it was just a coincidence, but still I almost felt bad.

Almost.  I mean, it IS Owen Wilson, and we were almost rid of him there for a sec.

Re: Cool Points ... Reply #46 on: March 04, 2009, 11:54:40 PM
Oh right on!

You know, I've always wondered if that letter had anything to do with Owen Wilson's suicide attempt.  I felt a little bad after it happened because literally the day before he did it I posted in an SA thread about that letter the statement, "Owen Wilson should fucking kill himself to atone for his crimes against film."  I mean, I know it was just a coincidence, but still I almost felt bad.

Almost.  I mean, it IS Owen Wilson, and we were almost rid of him there for a sec.

well, if you're gonna take credit for that then let me send you this list of people i could do without.

Re: Cool Points ... Reply #47 on: March 05, 2009, 12:20:12 AM
Comedians, moreso than other kinds of actors perhaps, do tend to 'peak' it seems like, particularly if they are from the SNL mold. Think about Adam Sandler (peak would be somewhere around the Wedding Singer), Mike Myers (personally I think he peaked at Wayne's World), Eddie Murphy (peaked somewhere between Coming to America and Boomerang) and the list goes on.

After that you start seeing the highly paid shitty roles like the dormouse said. In defense of high-paid shitty roles, each of the actors we're talking about now made their highest grossing films after their 'peaks' (if you look at this link you'll see that 7 of Adam Sandler's last 10 movies grossed more than $100m - Shrek 2 earned more than $900m worldwide), so at the very least it's a good business decision even if it means that the audience has to sit through utter dreck like Bewitched and the Love Guru.

Re: Cool Points ... Reply #48 on: March 05, 2009, 12:27:30 AM
Yeah, like I said it doesn't make me hate them on a logical level. I know I'd do exactly the same thing.

"Just keep delivering dumptrucks full of money to my door and I'll act in whatever godawful shit you've come up with."

What it does do to me, though, is it really demonstrates how honorable those who don't sell out are. (Or at least how proud of their shit they are...) I couldn't resist the temptation, but I'm really impressed by those who can.

Re: Cool Points ... Reply #49 on: March 05, 2009, 12:34:30 AM
I still say Zardoz was Connery's finest work.

It's truly a shame I am no longer there to yell at girls to make out with you.

Re: Cool Points ... Reply #50 on: March 05, 2009, 01:07:28 AM
I'm the other way.  I'd like to think that I'd make the more honorable position in that situation, given the chance.  So long as I was making a living, I'd rather preserve my artistic integrity then smash it like a piggy bank just to get a dump truck full of money.

But then again, I have no artistic talent, and thus no artistic integrity to worry about, so I'll never know for sure.

Re: Cool Points ... Reply #51 on: March 05, 2009, 03:10:18 AM
Like I give a squirt what any of you think of me...

If this were a movie, you'd be the guy all us kids are afraid of, because of your vaguely mysterious behavior and some sort of rumour about how you killed your family. Then you'd end up saving us from some bad guys cuz you're actually just a misunderstood loner with a heart of gold.

And he'd have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids!

Re: Cool Points ... Reply #52 on: March 05, 2009, 06:36:35 AM
I still say Zardoz was Connery's finest work.

And people wonder what it is that makes you a scary, scary man...

Re: Cool Points ... Reply #53 on: March 05, 2009, 07:49:30 AM
Like I give a squirt what any of you think of me...

If this were a movie, you'd be the guy all us kids are afraid of, because of your vaguely mysterious behavior and some sort of rumour about how you killed your family. Then you'd end up saving us from some bad guys cuz you're actually just a misunderstood loner with a heart of gold.

if this were a movie? this actually happened to me. thank god for zoomie. i mean, if it weren't for him, i'd still be running around barefoot on a wooded path covered in the loudest dry twigs and leaves imaginable, while  screaming incoherently and wearing nothing more than a ripped t-shirt and panties. 

Re: Cool Points ... Reply #54 on: March 05, 2009, 08:18:18 AM
Still the teasing little goat-herder aren't we?

Re: Cool Points ... Reply #55 on: March 05, 2009, 09:03:48 AM
Yeah, what bullshit. I demand photos of a dramatic re-enactment.

Re: Cool Points ... Reply #56 on: March 05, 2009, 09:15:51 AM
Whatever. Cool points are for homos.
That earned you a cool point.
Like yours.  Only different.

Re: Cool Points ... Reply #57 on: March 05, 2009, 10:17:21 AM
Still the teasing little goat-herder aren't we?

haha, i'm a certified city folk, these days! haven't lived on the goat farm in ages. actually, my papa just got rid of all of his goats. said they just weren't fun anymore since my grandma died. i think he likes the idea of being able to just pick up and go whenever he wants without having to worry about who's taking care of them.

whew, okay, that was almost too far of a venture away from my usual comic relief self. back to cracking wise.

Re: Cool Points ... Reply #58 on: March 05, 2009, 01:30:24 PM
The Gun is good! The Gun shoots Death!
It's truly a shame I am no longer there to yell at girls to make out with you.

Re: Cool Points ... Reply #59 on: March 11, 2009, 08:44:56 AM
I wanna know how come I'm only on 4 asshole points?

Surely, I've been a greater pain in the arse than that.