Quote from: Daddy
When the doctor, who has his finger up your ass, tells you that he is going wider, you pee a little.

Question for Older Membership of L-G(Read 41990 times)
Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #30 on: August 29, 2009, 10:36:34 AM
It's more: Hey, L-G knew where we were coming from, knew all about the fiasco going on, AND INVITED US TO COME HERE.

Zoomie invited you guys, L-G as a whole didnt. If we did as a whole, then yeah, we wouldnt have a leg to stand on. But I'm pretty sure as whole, if we'd known we'd have reacted differently than we did.  

And people are who they are ~ i, personally, am sick of folks getting all bent out of shape over the fact that i LIKEEE the different fonts/sizes/colors/smilies/ALL the goodies,

I have never complained about your posting style.

Yeah, it took me a sec, before i thought, "Hey!  What if us showing up was a SURPRISE?...  And in Zoomer's defense, HE may not have expected so many, in one SWell Foop, either!

Nope, you are one of the FEW who actually seemed to like it, if i remember correctly.

It's just the mean/ugliness things.  There's no call for Hip to be yelling at someone about smilies, without ever having said something about how this particular forum membership doesn't care for them, nor use them, much.

As guests, we DO owe it to y'all to treat your home, and you, with respect; however, when you have a bunch of "unwritten rules," it's unfair to expect that n00b's either follow them, or expect to get insulted/humiliated/yelled at, you know?

Okay, okay, so i AM a dork!!!

<~ STFU'ing
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #31 on: August 29, 2009, 10:44:22 AM
Sure, but as I mentioned before, the rules are based on common sense, and have been laid out in many threads at many times. I dont know how much Zoomie worded you guys up on our culture prior, either.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 12:25:02 PM by Mosh »

Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #32 on: August 29, 2009, 10:44:38 AM
It's called hazing people, and it happens everywhere not just here. The good news is that you can give shit right back to us.

What most of us are here for is to have fun, break each other's balls, and support those we care about. What we are not here for is to look deeply into your eyes as we get to know you. This is not a kind place, nor an excessively caring place, but strangely enough it's managed to forge friendships.

There are people here that I would love to punch in the face, but in real life I'd really just like to have a beer with them. The shit some of you are complaining about is nothing compared to what people like Bagman have gone through, or Sasha, or some others.

The difference between other boards and LG is you can bitch and complain all you want about us being dickheads and you'll just get us bitching back at you. You're not going to get banned, and your posts wont (or shouldn't) get edited.

Now, you've been given an area to bitch about the old place, and been asked politely to contain it there, so how is that not enough? Why should this message board coddle you by allowing you to post a metric shit-ton of threads complaining about HF?

Personally, I don't really care about whether you confine your HF bitching to that thread or not, but really, big deal. You're not owed anything here. Just giving you a whole thread to complain about HF is a lot more than many other places would have done.

Whether you belong here or not is your decision, and it has nothing to do with you eating a bunch of shit sandwiches. You don't have to kiss anybody's ass.

I'm happy to see new people here, but for the record, Zoomie invited you here, not LG.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 10:47:36 AM by krapsna »
Go to these sites, and don't forget to tell your friends!
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #33 on: August 29, 2009, 11:00:53 AM
youve come into my house and carried on like it was the old place.

Truth is, we haven't acted the same as before.  We like to vent about how HF was run because, for the most part, criticism of the management was not allowed there.  Some of these people have five years' worth of venting to do.

I've never seen HHB unload on anybody until this week.  Why?  Because he probably would have been banned for it at the old place.  It's good to know that he has it in him.

As for the former HF people, the best thing we can do with criticism is not respond to it at all.  Just suck it up and go on.  It comes with the territory here.  So what?

Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #34 on: August 29, 2009, 11:06:16 AM
Right. Thank you.

We've accomodated you folks, from my point of view. All I'm asking is in return is for you folks to join in with the rest of us (repeatedly I might add), and not bring your baggage to everything else here.

It aint that fucking hard.

Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #35 on: August 29, 2009, 11:14:07 AM
 Mosh, ive never seen you so angry. I am afraid and aroused at the same time. Wanna play hide the hot dog?

Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #36 on: August 29, 2009, 11:30:08 AM
Y'all wanted/needed some "new blood" around here, so Zoomie goes out and does his damnedest to rustle up some cool folks, INCLUDING closing another board on another forum, and inviting those posters to come here.

Then, when they get here,

all y'all can do is tear 'em up and yell at them about what they're doing that you don't like?   :o

I'm gonna reply after reading these 4 lines, maybe I'll get to the rest of the thread eventually.

That, is the point. We're a community. We've been this way for years. What do you expect?
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #37 on: August 29, 2009, 11:36:22 AM
so a place billed as having no rules suddenly has rules that we must live by or GTFO??

Now I could be very wrong, and I want any of the L-G regulars to let me know if they disagree, but I have a hard time believing that many of them would disagree with the statement the L-Gers have freedom, and the amount of freedom that visitors have may vary.

I'll rip on anyone who says shit I find stupid. Be you owner, newbie or resident druggie. Hopefully before you get sick of this place and leave you'll figure it's 60% what you say, and 40% delivery
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #38 on: August 29, 2009, 11:38:32 AM
Mosh, ive never seen you so angry. I am afraid and aroused at the same time. Wanna play hide the hot dog?

I'm not angry, I'm just trying to lay it on the line in a format that can be understood by all. I want these guys here, I want them joining in, but I'm not going to take shit from them because they're unwilling to see that we did the right thing by them.

We'll talk about hot dogs later ;) And enjoy Axis & Allies.

Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #39 on: August 29, 2009, 11:40:50 AM

Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #40 on: August 29, 2009, 12:02:17 PM
so a place billed as having no rules suddenly has rules that we must live by or GTFO??

Now I could be very wrong, and I want any of the L-G regulars to let me know if they disagree, but I have a hard time believing that many of them would disagree with the statement the L-Gers have freedom, and the amount of freedom that visitors have may vary.

I'll rip on anyone who says shit I find stupid. Be you owner, newbie or resident druggie. Hopefully before you get sick of this place and leave you'll figure it's 60% what you say, and 40% delivery

Oh, Nick!  You know you love my antics :)
~
A pleasant man with a pleasant weapon

Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #41 on: August 29, 2009, 12:26:19 PM
*pinches the bridge of my nose*

It's been a long day. I'm going to bed.

Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #42 on: August 29, 2009, 12:30:31 PM
*pinches the bridge of my nose*

It's been a long day. I'm going to bed.

Pssh, it's 11:28 AM, your ass better stay the fuck awake. 

Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #43 on: August 29, 2009, 12:36:58 PM
But he's in Australia, I think.

Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #44 on: August 29, 2009, 12:39:12 PM
Its is AM here, just Sunday AM, and 2:37 AM at that.

Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #45 on: August 29, 2009, 12:46:00 PM
YAWNNNnnnnnn...
A Mobius Strip
IS Infinity

Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #46 on: August 29, 2009, 06:57:36 PM
I've been keeping quiet because I'm not one to impose on other people's shit, I always hated it when people came to RT and started crying and carrying on because we weren't the hippies they expected.  I'll probably lurk more or less until I get the hang of shit.  And lol, HHB, it's funny because what you're doing here is pretty similar to stuff we would've jumped up people's asses for at RT.  I'm not complaining, just an amusing observation.

Quote from: collywobblemona on a different forum
After 3 invites, I couldn't say no. Especially since Loaded-Gun's full of a bunch of whiny crying bitch babies. I'll give you guys 2 guesses as to who I am.

Sounds like you're fucking complaining to me.

I don't get people. I really really don't.

Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #47 on: August 29, 2009, 06:59:57 PM
OK So I think we've come to the general consensus here that this place ain't so bad, we don't actually make you pay dues by being our bitches, but we can be kinda harsh on each other. This is how it has always been. I told all of you that this place was a little different culture, we like to rip on each other and fantasize about skull-fucking each others' dead relatives. C'mon, it's the internet, most of us are adults and none of this is real. It's digital characters on a screen.

So, in a little more depth...

If you love your mother (and you should) and don't want other people discussing how they're going to violate every orifice on her body (and her toes if I get there in time) then  this probably isn't the place for you. Fyrenza is exempt for an unspecified period from this activity).

If you happen to be a fan of any boy band, any modern pop music, the bands Journey, Kansas, Foreigner (most of these asshats weren't even around in 1977 so they don't get it) or Orchestral Manoeuvers in the Dark, you're going to get shit for it. There are two sides to "The Smiths" fence so that is neutral teritory. Suck it up, I have been for 10 years.

We discuss every subject you could imagine here. Eithje  is a computer whiz as is Thrash, and HE is a damn fine guitarist and drummer. Mosh collects vintage and antique computers and video game consoles. Underclass and Bagman are financial wizards. Tricky is into fashion design. 13Chems is into a lot of everything. Lothar is in a professional band, Geek is the classical musical genius. Krapsna is a dad and also a computer whiz and a tattoo artist. And his woman could win just about any MILF contest but if she didn't win she'd give the other ladies a beatdown they'd never forget. And then make them eat all their vegetables. ChemCaterpillar is quite cerebral, well-read, is a terminal metalhead and for his age one of the brightest young minds I've ever had the pleasure of examining. And I'm old, out of work, love animals and I enjoy messing about with sailboats. And I recently started collecting antique and vintage outboard motors. We come from every walk of life every education level every age groups and almost every continent. And this paragraph is not even a fair representation of who we are here.

So in short, if you can't fit in, take a little shit just for fun, HAVE A THICK SKIN, be intellectual one post and maybe a total rejected retard the next, and HAVE A GOOD FUCKING TIME FUCKING AROUND IN A PLACE THAT ISN'T REALLY REAL...

...we really don't want you here and you have my apologies for wasting your time.

This isn't HipForums. Most people here have never been there because compared to our little board, HF is an overinflated clusterfuck run by an egotistical asshole. And that ain't what we're about. So most of us don't get the attraction. At all.

Carry on.
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #48 on: August 29, 2009, 07:09:05 PM
It's called hazing people, and it happens everywhere not just here. The good news is that you can give shit right back to us.

What most of us are here for is to have fun, break each other's balls, and support those we care about. What we are not here for is to look deeply into your eyes as we get to know you. This is not a kind place, nor an excessively caring place, but strangely enough it's managed to forge friendships.

There are people here that I would love to punch in the face, but in real life I'd really just like to have a beer with them. The shit some of you are complaining about is nothing compared to what people like Bagman have gone through, or Sasha, or some others.

The difference between other boards and LG is you can bitch and complain all you want about us being dickheads and you'll just get us bitching back at you. You're not going to get banned, and your posts wont (or shouldn't) get edited.

This pretty much says it all.

I completely agree.  I don't know the others enough but I can say that I'm happy to have Sakhi and Fyrenza around now.

Agreed.

Look at which one in your group adapted the quickest, and IMO is almost like a chameleon when it comes to blending in with this board.

.....yeah, that's right, the innocent young teenage girl who can take 10 times more shit without batting an eyelid than whoever is posting complaints about how they are treated.  

Seriously. It's as if she's been posting here for years!
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #49 on: August 29, 2009, 07:14:05 PM
I still say this place more clubhouse than community.
Quote from: FB comment
Look dude, there's only one thing I like that starts with Hot Black Co- and it doesn't end in 'ffee'.

Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #50 on: August 29, 2009, 07:54:46 PM
Dont you start...

Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #51 on: August 29, 2009, 07:59:35 PM
I'm not, honest. I seriously believe 'clubhouse' suits us better. This is where we hang out when we are not doing other things. HF is more where people hang out as the other thing or only thing.

Im dam sure some of LG has been lurking around HF on and off for awhile. It's no secret I went there. I think my obs on the differences bettween the two boards is relevant.
Look dude, there's only one thing I like that starts with Hot Black Co- and it doesn't end in 'ffee'.

Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #52 on: August 29, 2009, 08:02:51 PM
I'll be honest, I havent bothered going there.

Your observation about here is probably more accurate anyways.

Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #53 on: August 29, 2009, 08:04:18 PM
God dam it. Another emo point. I'm never going to get laid at this rate.

Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #54 on: August 29, 2009, 08:05:41 PM
I've been keeping quiet because I'm not one to impose on other people's shit, I always hated it when people came to RT and started crying and carrying on because we weren't the hippies they expected.  I'll probably lurk more or less until I get the hang of shit.  And lol, HHB, it's funny because what you're doing here is pretty similar to stuff we would've jumped up people's asses for at RT.  I'm not complaining, just an amusing observation.

Quote from: collywobblemona on a different forum
After 3 invites, I couldn't say no. Especially since Loaded-Gun's full of a bunch of whiny crying bitch babies. I'll give you guys 2 guesses as to who I am.

Sounds like you're fucking complaining to me.

I don't get people. I really really don't.

WTF?  Bringing shit up from another forum?  yeah, whatever.  I'm out.

Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #55 on: August 29, 2009, 08:16:01 PM
God dam it. Another emo point. I'm never going to get laid at this rate.

It werent me...

Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #56 on: August 29, 2009, 08:23:57 PM
I havent done anything anywhere near stupid enough to get a point off you....recently.

Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #57 on: August 29, 2009, 08:29:01 PM
Just for being a shithead.

Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #58 on: August 29, 2009, 08:31:19 PM
I know you like me in that indifferent way.

Re: Question for Older Membership of L-G Reply #59 on: August 29, 2009, 08:38:05 PM
Oh no, I think you're brilliant. And I didn't give you the point. I was just sayin...