Quote from: communist twat
I've been trying to grow them out for a couple of months now.. it's sad. ginger pubes are weird.

dreamlining(Read 10888 times)
dreamlining on: September 17, 2010, 12:56:38 PM
I read a cool book called the four hour workweek. It's fun. One of the things it stresses is that you don't need a massive amount of money to do everything you want. you should write down what what you want and then plan what you need to do tomorrow, next day, next week, month etc to bring it to fruition. It's an interesting concept.

What are 5 things that if you could do in the next 12 months from now you'd consider a major upgrade on your current lifestyle, and that when you break it down.... is doable based on where you are now?

Mine are:
DO: Cycle around Hokkaido
DO: Start a web-programming company and get paid work (done)
DO: Be able to play guitar
DO: Pitch (baseball) - next week!
DO: Speak chinese

Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: dreamlining Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 01:18:28 PM
DO: Get my license back (done)
DO: Repair the garage and put a new roof and porch on my rental (massive bucks there though)
DO: Clear ALL the junk (especially all the shit that's not mine) out of my house and clean it up
DO: become involved with one or more women.
DO: Find a way to make more money (to spend on the women of course) that doesn't require back breaking labor.

Basically in that order
Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

Re: dreamlining Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM
DO: Open 2 more stores (should have 1 by the end of the month)
DO: Find a girl that doesn't make me wanna sleep around like the whore I am (Bisexual and willing to take it in the ass is a plus!)
DO: Travel more than just to New England for short times
DO: Get a good, cheap, 4-cyl SUV
DO: Get more entertainment jobs (trivia and other gigs) for myself and others

Note: Good idea for a thread ...
We should one of these in leu of "New Year's Resolutions" ....

BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Re: dreamlining Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 03:10:22 PM
DO: Win court case
DO: New website
DO: Master xulrunner Prism and Xulrunner
DO: do do de da da da.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 04:24:39 PM by banal »
Quote from: FB comment
Look dude, there's only one thing I like that starts with Hot Black Co- and it doesn't end in 'ffee'.

Re: dreamlining Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 09:06:58 PM
DO: Get a new motor in my powerboat.
DO: Get my Ketch refitted and sail the fuck out of here next Fall.
DO: Get my personal life in order.
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: dreamlining Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 11:25:41 AM
Sounds like a great book

DO: Finish my Master's once and for all and be in my last semester of my Certificate Program
DO: Apply for phd at unnamed ivy league university on the other side of town. Get into unnamed ivy league university on the other side of town.
DO: If that blows up (highly likely), find a new job or dive head first into my budding business. Try not to leave current in firey inferno.
DO: if that blows up (it might!) Audition for X number of orchestras
DO: if that blows up (probably) Turn my cello into a boat and Sail with Zoomie

I think Im setting my goals way too high for just one year.

Man, Thrash, you ought to work up here. We could do business together. And by business I dont mean take it in the ass, I mean get more gigs. I've got it in with a catering company now that promises lots of performances!!!!

Re: dreamlining Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 12:05:11 PM
How hard is it to get into an ivy league school?

The closest to that we have is Oxbridge and they are genuinely quite hard to get into.

DO: get a flat stomach.

Re: dreamlining Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 01:12:52 PM
DO: have more patience with the people I love
DO: save $5,000+ (ideally by the New Year) for school
DO: get into regular running schedule
DO: read books regularly again and cut back on tv time
DO: go skydiving

Re: dreamlining Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 10:52:40 AM
The one I want (close to home, great dept) is very competitive, pays for your tuition, gives you a job for 4 years and then places you after. It's ideal, but impossible to get into. The next ivy league school is over an hr away and is similar.
Why ivy league? They are the only places that offer my program of study at phd level nearby. The closest non ivy is umbc or rutgers in new brunswick

Re: dreamlining Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 12:54:01 PM
1 Year:
Do: Get back into the habit of daily 6 AM gym visits.
Do: Drop last 35 lbs to goal weight.
Do: At least double current rate of saving.
Do: Pass PhD Qualifier.
Do: Pass PE Licensing exam.

5 Years:
Do: Finish PhD.
Do: Black belt in Jujitsu.
Do: Savings sufficient to buy a few acres of land + materials for 1 ~500 square foot house and 1-2 green houses.
Do: Avoid anything that adds debt like the plague.
Do: Make final selection on location for where to live (WV? Rockies? South America?).  Get the fuck out of Maryland.

Re: dreamlining Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 01:17:30 PM
<<1-2 green houses.>>

hehehehe

You just need an enclosed space, they grow way too big for a typical greenhouse.

Re: dreamlining Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 07:59:31 PM
Carrots grow way to big for a greenhouse?

Re: dreamlining Reply #12 on: September 19, 2010, 11:19:41 PM
Why yes, yes they do.

Re: dreamlining Reply #13 on: September 20, 2010, 10:01:24 AM
The carrots we were growing didnt get too big but the courgettes were absolutely huge. They were the size of marrows.

The pumpkins too that are growing right now, the actual pumpkins are small but the plant is covering metres of space.

The one I want (close to home, great dept) is very competitive, pays for your tuition, gives you a job for 4 years and then places you after. It's ideal, but impossible to get into. The next ivy league school is over an hr away and is similar.
Why ivy league? They are the only places that offer my program of study at phd level nearby. The closest non ivy is umbc or rutgers in new brunswick

Oh yeah, american unis are way expensive. Well that sounds really good, I'm sure you'll get in.

I was just wondering because if you believed everything online 90% of people on forums could've gotten into ivy league schools but didn't because [insert excuse here]. *roll eyes*
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 10:11:40 AM by S »

Re: dreamlining Reply #14 on: September 20, 2010, 12:55:44 PM
Hey sakhi, I didnt go to an ivy league uni because I didn't apply myself.

Re: dreamlining Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 02:53:08 PM
Ivy League schools are a pain in the ass to get into for the average kid.  You have to write multiple essays, have high test scores, good grades, get three letters of recommendation, have lots of extracurricular activities, shell out pretty high application fees, interview with representatives of the school in your area...then come up with something like $50K per year if you actually make it through the process.

I started the application process to a few Ivy League schools and other big name private schools and decided they didn't coincide with my slacker lifestyle.  I think the only people who truly could get into those schools actually do get into those schools, because you have to have the overachieving (and probably social climbing) mentality to even start down that road.       

Unless you were born into the right family, of course.  Then mommy and daddy get you in based on reputation, connections, & donations.

Re: dreamlining Reply #16 on: September 20, 2010, 03:23:25 PM
Quote from: Ivy League School
Niggas, puh-leeze!
Look dude, there's only one thing I like that starts with Hot Black Co- and it doesn't end in 'ffee'.

Re: dreamlining Reply #17 on: September 20, 2010, 04:41:27 PM
Hey sakhi, I didnt go to an ivy league uni because I didn't apply myself.

I know this is a joke but I just hear it so much online and irl. Half of me believes it, because I think most people could do almost anything if they wanted to, if they did apply themselves, but then its a case of those who are hardworking, determined enough to actually go out and apply themselves are the only ones who can do it. Deciding not to apply themselves is just an excuse when they can't.

I started the application process to a few Ivy League schools and other big name private schools and decided they didn't coincide with my slacker lifestyle.  I think the only people who truly could get into those schools actually do get into those schools, because you have to have the overachieving (and probably social climbing) mentality to even start down that road.

Basically this.

Ivy League schools are a pain in the ass to get into for the average kid.  You have to write multiple essays, have high test scores, good grades, get three letters of recommendation, have lots of extracurricular activities, shell out pretty high application fees, interview with representatives of the school in your area...then come up with something like $50K per year if you actually make it through the process.

wow,  that is.. a lot. Essays, what if you're doing a science subject? And how much is the average yearly cost of non ivy uni in america?
here it is currently a bit over 3K. i think there was some debate about increasing it to 7 though.

Re: dreamlining Reply #18 on: September 20, 2010, 05:14:40 PM
My uni is about $24,000 US a year, (non ivy league).

1-year plan:
DO: Still be at same job making at least $15 an hour
DO: Have bleeding under control without having to go under the knife to acheive it
DO: Be in a relationship still with current guy, having not cheated
DO: Go to Philadelphia for NYE
DO: Get a real phone
DO: Get my sister financially independent
DO: Save at least $2000 for graduation for self to Europe

Re: dreamlining Reply #19 on: September 20, 2010, 05:49:22 PM
An average state school is ~7,000 USD per year (if you attend a 4 year school in the state where you reside - it's 50-100% more if you go out of state).  By the time you factor in books, room, & board, you basically double that figure.

An average private school is ~27,000 USD.  So you're probably looking at at least ~35,000 USD per year on average if you do the traditional live on campus/go to school full time route.

Ivy Leagues and schools that consider themselves of the same caliber (USC, for example) all top 50,000 USD per year.

Re: dreamlining Reply #20 on: September 20, 2010, 06:05:24 PM
1 year:

Do:  Find a new studio/city to work in, and supplement the day job with steady freelance.
Do:  Travel (Mexico, Vegas, Scotland)
Do:  Learn Spanish, then French.
Do:  Get in shape and find a baseball team to play on.
Do:  Be less selfish and reconnect with my family and friends.

Oh, and hi everyone, I'm Daniel.  Sasha and Kyle invited me here a while back, but I'm just now getting around to posting

Re: dreamlining Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 06:09:59 PM
I hope this becomes awkward.

At least once... A few times would be great. Just not every other day.  Oh, and I dont mind if its fake.

Re: dreamlining Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 08:35:20 PM
My stalker alarm just exploded.
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: dreamlining Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 08:59:46 PM
Aasim didnt join...

Re: dreamlining Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 09:15:15 PM
How do you know ?

Re: dreamlining Reply #25 on: September 20, 2010, 10:08:57 PM
Nah, not stalking, just bored at work and wanted to start posting.  Kyle and Sasha invited me to this place last December, before her and I started seeing each other.  It was off limits while we were dating, so yeah...

We all went to high school together and rode the same bus after school...  over an hour of talking about stupid stuff, playing cards, and making fun of nerds on the bus, every single day.  That's why I came here, cause they're friends, not to stalk. 

Re: dreamlining Reply #26 on: September 21, 2010, 04:32:23 AM
How do you know ?

Because of the lack of nude Sasha pix posted.

Re: dreamlining Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 05:10:13 AM
the new guy should be able to take care of that
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: dreamlining Reply #28 on: September 21, 2010, 10:46:26 AM
Okay. There is a date set to go skydiving. Awwwwwesome.

Re: dreamlining Reply #29 on: September 21, 2010, 12:03:50 PM
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.