Quote from: punkallstar
where there's drunken sailors, there i shall be!

General Japan 2009 Stuff(Read 10724 times)
General Japan 2009 Stuff on: April 27, 2009, 08:05:42 AM
Hi All,

I've been having similar conversations with individuals about all things Japan 2K9 so I thought it easier to put everything in one place. Schedules, phones, hotels, flights, schoolgirls etc... make a thread here.
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: General Japan 2009 Stuff Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 08:09:34 AM
As posted in PM to Dave, Lucas, & Brook... If Kyle shows interest I'll send him this as well:

Ok, This is where I'm planning to stay in Tokyo, if youre interested.
http://www.gracery.com/en/tamachi/index.html

It's only a few minutes walk from Nick's place, it does twin rooms if some of you want to split the cost, and for Brook, there's also a Ladies Guest room, whatever that might be.

Its not taking bookings online yet for November, so I'll keep an eye on that. Costs will be between US$80 & US120 a night.

Nick and I will talk about accomodation in Hiroshima...

Re: General Japan 2009 Stuff Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 09:29:58 AM
$120/ night? holy fuck. I need to get a better paying job or something. *Sigh*

I think I'm gonna chill out on the partying for a while or something. I really just need to save a ton of money.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 09:33:25 AM by tricky »
you treat me like a monologue ho

Re: General Japan 2009 Stuff Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 09:33:56 AM
that's for a double - the idea being that you share with someone.

I can probably pin down a single room somewhere for 4-7K, Ian picked a nicer hotel, what with his partner coming along.

Basically budget around $50 per night for a room. If it's tough, you can stay at my place but my wife stresses out if more than one person stays (it's a Japan thing, their heads explode) which is why I suggested a cheap hotel.
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: General Japan 2009 Stuff Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 09:34:37 AM
Do you remember that I'll already need a room, tricky, and thus you'll be able to stay in hotels for free?

The plan from our side:
I fly into Newark the day before our trip.  We stay up all night, in an attempt to beat jetlag ahead of time.
We board the plane to Japan, and sleep.  We arrive in Japan, proceed through customs, and then call Nick.
We follow printed directions into the city, and then take a cab to our hotel (potentially the same as Mosh's, but I have points, so maybe a different one).
We call Nick from our hotel.  Nick comes to find us, and we proceed to acquire (by whatever means necessary) a cell phone.
I call Nick with the cell phone, to ensure its operation.  I call my boss with the cell phone, to ensure its international operation.

*insert events of the next week*
Like yours.  Only different.

Re: General Japan 2009 Stuff Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 09:35:42 AM
Its a suggestion... no need to freak...

We can set you up in one of these:

Re: General Japan 2009 Stuff Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 09:35:49 AM
I can probably pin down a single room somewhere for 4-7K, Ian picked a nicer hotel, what with his partner coming along.
no worries nick, we'll get a hotel, either in the same place as Mosh (I don't know if I want to stay in a place where they let HIS kind stay...) or someplace close by the train station and Mosh's hotel.

Re: General Japan 2009 Stuff Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 09:49:16 AM
The place I chose is nearby the station...

BTW, I havent booked anything yet, its merely a suggestion.

And my kind are welcome everywhere!!!

Re: General Japan 2009 Stuff Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 09:57:34 AM
If Nick does find a hotel within your price range, I'm happy to stay there, it makes it easy to coordinate doing stuff and what have you.

I am thinking a trip to the Ginza for Brook should be on the cards...

Re: General Japan 2009 Stuff Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 10:01:33 AM
to blow her trip budget on a money purse?

Re: General Japan 2009 Stuff Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 10:02:53 AM
that's her choice... but being in the fashion industry, I'd imagine she'd be interested...

I did buy that $450 jacket the first time I was there... fantastic piece of clothing...

Re: General Japan 2009 Stuff Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 10:04:03 AM
yeah, Brooke will like the 109 shop in Shibuya too, my wife can take her shopping.

Re: General Japan 2009 Stuff Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 10:07:08 AM
Dave will like Kiddieland in Harajuku hahahahahaha

Re: General Japan 2009 Stuff Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 10:30:17 AM
Yeah I'll be staying in a room with eitje, it's free though? I thought we were splitting? Or do you get a hotel room for free somehow?

I think that I should come up with some sort of fundraiser. Like I'll take pics of myself doing stupid things in Japan  for money. Not that I wasn't going to do so anyways...

But anyways, I'm going to hardcore save money. Yes yes. I require some shopping.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 10:30:39 AM by tricky »

Re: General Japan 2009 Stuff Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 01:46:01 PM
You all forget about me ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Re: General Japan 2009 Stuff Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 01:47:36 PM
Oh, and I want the EXACT fucking dates posted so I can book this flight ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Re: General Japan 2009 Stuff Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 07:26:49 PM
Nov 1-7... again :P     And we didn't forget about you. We're assuming that as the corporate head of 3 conglomerates you're OK for a hotel suite.

Lucas/Tricky - Pls negotiate amongst yourselves for who is going to pay for what and come back to us when you're ready to discuss filming rights.

When we go to Hiroshima someone gets to share with me by the way. I expect furious bidding for that privilege

Re: General Japan 2009 Stuff Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 08:40:13 PM
Oh, and I want the EXACT fucking dates posted so I can book this flight ...

Jeez... I know youre busy, but the dates have been posted a few times, and communicated to you directly via Skyke a number of times.

I'll be arriving in Japan November 1 2009, 9am. I'll be leaving Japan November 7th 2009 8pm.

I'm out of the running for the Nick sharing... I dont think Danni would like that.

Re: General Japan 2009 Stuff Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 09:02:56 PM
Jeez... I know youre busy, but the dates have been posted a few times, and communicated to you directly via Skyke a number of times.

Yeah, but if he pretends for long enough that he's not sure what the exact dates are, he'll have an excuse for not going in the end.

Or in other words, Dave, you're a kettle.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: General Japan 2009 Stuff Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 10:13:07 PM
Lucas/Tricky - Pls negotiate amongst yourselves for who is going to pay for what and come back to us when you're ready to discuss filming rights.

When we go to Hiroshima someone gets to share with me by the way. I expect furious bidding for that privilege

tricky:  the deal i'm offering is thus.

1)  I pay for the rooms in Tokyo.
2)  You pay for your own room in Hiroshima.
3)  Nick and I split a room in Hiroshima.
4)  You give Nick one of your Rapex's.

Re: General Japan 2009 Stuff Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 10:14:55 PM
What's in it for Lucas?

Re: General Japan 2009 Stuff Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 10:16:13 PM
I don't understand why Luke needs Nick to have a Rapex. Is Nick's ass just that irresistable?

Yeah and I don't get why I don't pay half for the rooms. I'll gladly pay for half of the rooms. Fair is fair.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 10:17:16 PM by tricky »

Re: General Japan 2009 Stuff Reply #22 on: April 27, 2009, 10:17:36 PM
It is.

I had to restrain myself last time I was there!

Re: General Japan 2009 Stuff Reply #23 on: April 27, 2009, 10:21:59 PM
Yeah and I don't get why I don't pay half for the rooms. I'll gladly pay for half of the rooms. Fair is fair.
That's fine, I'm just telling you:  in Tokyo, I'm using points.  So, I'm not actually exchanging money for anything.

These are points that I would not otherwise use.  Maybe that's where you're getting stuck...  this really is essentially "free" (in Tokyo).

Re: General Japan 2009 Stuff Reply #24 on: April 27, 2009, 10:26:33 PM
Oh ok. Oh ok.

Pink wigs!

Re: General Japan 2009 Stuff Reply #25 on: April 28, 2009, 12:27:56 AM
You're going to love eating off my ass on a bullet train while drunk on barley liquor

Re: General Japan 2009 Stuff Reply #26 on: April 28, 2009, 01:37:52 AM
That's fine, I'm just telling you:  in Tokyo, I'm using points.  So, I'm not actually exchanging money for anything.

These are points that I would not otherwise use.  Maybe that's where you're getting stuck...  this really is essentially "free" (in Tokyo).

That seems to have been lost in translation... I wonder if Gracery takes Lucas points...

Re: General Japan 2009 Stuff Reply #27 on: April 29, 2009, 04:01:41 AM
Hey guys, just throwing this out there but I liked the Hotel Lonestar (Lornstar) in Shinjuku that my folks and I stayed at. Free breakfast (coffee, juice, breads, jam, butter, etc.), internet hook ups in the rooms (ethernet - not wifi), very quiet at night, provide laptops in the lobby you can surf on, generally very friendly (even after I showed up at 11:30am on Sunday - an hour and a half after my check-out time). From Shinjuku station I believe it is fairly easy to get pretty much anywhere. Another big plus - red light district is 10 minutes away. For folks who are into it, (Lucas), it's also in the gay area of town. 

Fairly cheap too. I ended up spending 62840yen for 8 nights. That was about $639/8 = ~$80/night.

Link: http://www.thehotel.co.jp/en/lonestar/index.html

Downside, is it's not really that close to Nick's.

Re: General Japan 2009 Stuff Reply #28 on: April 29, 2009, 04:10:45 AM
Lets try to keep everyone in the same part of Tokyo as much as possible.... Kyle had a decent place but it made it hard to coordinate stuff.

Re: General Japan 2009 Stuff Reply #29 on: April 29, 2009, 04:30:18 AM
Which is why I'm suggesting Gracery, because it is close to Nick place and is very central.