Quote from: 13chemicals
A bottle of beer is okay but a pint is dykish?  That's like saying a turtleneck on a guy isn't gay if he teaches art.

Relive Your Childhood Games With This Free CD-ROM Archive(Read 313 times)
The digital revolution should have made preserving the past easier, but instead, it feels to me like we’ve only lost access. The games and programs we grew up with didn’t grow up with our computers, and now most live only in our memories. Well, unless you know where to find them.

While there may be a host of sources on the web for finding old software, there’s perhaps no collection as complete as The Internet Archive: The non-profit has a collection of CD-ROM files that span decades. As of this article, the archive has just under 46,000 entries, from games to software you might have used growing up in school. Chances are, if you remember it, it’s in here:

This is a wide and variant collection of CD-ROM based software, that is, software that came on a CD-ROM for installation on computers, or played in consoles. Ranging from applications and games to gatherings of public-domain software or clip art, the heyday of the CD-ROM is roughly 1989 to 2001. In all cases, the capacity of the CD-ROM stayed steady at 640-700mb a side, although some used tricks to claim they had more (due to compression, or adding up both sides of two-sided CD-ROMs).

Article
Archive

Additionally:
Internet Archive Arcade - Link 1
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Re: Relive Your Childhood Games With This Free CD-ROM Archive Reply #1 on: May 19, 2023, 10:20:17 AM
Revisiting old games is so hit and miss for me. I went back and played a bunch of NES & SNES games not long ago and the only ones I still loved were the Super Mario and Zelda games.

Re: Relive Your Childhood Games With This Free CD-ROM Archive Reply #2 on: May 20, 2023, 04:41:36 PM
I found a CD online for unlimited old-skule games (mostly Atari) for, like, $2, shipped ...
It's backed by "Steam", updates regularly, and it was a great investment ...

For most others I just use MAME ....

BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')