Quote from: Wozzeck
Lately I seem to be developing a thing, over-burdensome carnal urges, towards slender Asian girls.  Yet I can only see this ending in my crying in a corn field as I shift with a shovel the Earth about frail xanthodermic frames rendered cold and graceless by unfortunate circumstance.

Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen(Read 17460 times)
Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen on: March 05, 2009, 08:27:26 PM
Last show I went to was Andrew WK playing on a piano with a string quartet backing him up. It was fucking amazing! At one point a bunch of people (myself included) got on stage and danced. Soooo fun.

Next show I am seeing is Ladytron. I have seen them twice before and they always do a fantastic job.

And yourself?
you treat me like a monologue ho

Re: Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 08:38:19 PM
WTF?!?!  I'm so jealous.  Time for another negative cool point, you cunt.
~
A pleasant man with a pleasant weapon

Re: Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 08:41:57 PM
What are you jealous of? AWK?

And why didn't you respond with an actual answer other than you being jealous? Asshole point for you!

Re: Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 08:52:57 PM
What are you jealous of? AWK?

And why didn't you respond with an actual answer other than you being jealous? Asshole point for you!

AWK is my personal mentor and spirit guide.  And I haven't been to a show for fucking years.  It was back in 03 or 04 I think.  Motorhead, Dio and Iron Maiden.
~
A pleasant man with a pleasant weapon

Re: Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 09:35:28 PM
The last show I saw was last Friday, a Baltimore band called Geodesic Gnome.

I might go to a show tomorrow night, or Saturday night.  It's hard to say.  I volunteer with a collective and get into all the shows in the venue for free. 

The next big show I plan to go to is Propaghandi on March 11.  And the Street Dogs/Swingin' Utters on the 15th.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 09:36:34 PM by Emperor Reagan »

Re: Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 09:58:59 PM
I saw Esperanza Spalding a few weeks ago. She was fantastic. I sat between an excitable Dean Moriarty type and a German researcher who kept telling the excitable guy to "Shhh!" and "Plis be kviet. You ruining ze show." I felt pretty uncomfortable because I was stuck right in the middle of this and was more than a little baked.

Re: Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 11:17:01 PM
I forgot about Kool Keith tonight, but that's cool I saw him last year. But I did buy my tickets last weekend for Cut Copy tomorrow night. I missed the Octopus Project (this cute girl plays the theremin in the band) and Flogging fucking Molly last Saturday! (They were sold out when I tried to get tickets.)

This year is starting off a tad slow compared to last (see http://thrashinc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?143581). So far I've seen KRS-One and a bunch of smaller-time rappers, and the Killers w/ M83.

Lined up: Ratatat and Ladytron when they come back in a few weeks, despite seeing them both last year. Then it's Death Cab for Cutie. Propaghandi is also coming here in a bit. Akon is playing with a bunch of country singers at this Austin rodeo thing here; haha I would love to see that. The Black Kids are coming back in a couple of months.

Plus we have SXSW coming up very soon.

Re: Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 06:48:57 AM
Ok, I went and saw the Bloodhound Gang last week... was one of the greatest gigs I've ever seen. They were tight, funny and one step short of traditional performance art, ie someone shitting on stage.

I saw the Dandy Warhols in October... they ALWAYS put on a great show. Saw Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds in January... typically solid and chaotic show.

Best show for my money has been Stiff Little Fingers in 2007. Rocked my sock right off.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 06:51:16 AM by Mosh »

Re: Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 06:53:26 AM
But I did buy my tickets last weekend for Cut Copy tomorrow night.

Plus we have SXSW coming up very soon.

Ahhh Cut Copy, Melbournes finest.

I would kill to attend SXSW... maybe on my impending year off.

Re: Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 07:27:58 AM
Ok, I went and saw the Bloodhound Gang last week... was one of the greatest gigs I've ever seen. They were tight, funny and one step short of traditional performance art, ie someone shitting on stage.

I don't like you anymore. Just because I'm super jealous. :(
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 07:28:23 AM by tricky »

Re: Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 07:30:35 AM
ok then, wheres my asshole point?

Re: Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 09:15:49 AM
ok then, wheres my asshole point?

Like yours.  Only different.

Re: Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 09:16:33 AM
I think the last show I went to see was Freezepop, in Seattle.
Like yours.  Only different.

Re: Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 09:48:58 AM
The last show I saw was Public Enemy, The Roots, and Everlast. The Roots were great, one of the most impressive acts I've ever seen.

The last show I saw before that one was Andrew WK. Always a fun time. The Locust opened at that show and those guys are also mad awesome.

I don't have any plans to go to any shows. It's too much hassle and too expensive. Bah!
Go to these sites, and don't forget to tell your friends!
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 11:17:42 AM
yeah, i saw AWK like six years ago when i was still living in lawrence, ks. it was an amazing show. probably the most energy (and people) i have ever seen on stage.

i saw fischerspooner about three years ago. that was probably the second most energetic stage show i've ever seen. and i do mean show. they are highly entertaining.

the last show i went to was a bunch of local bands from like ten years ago doing a reunion show. it was incredible. music i still listen to but haven't heard live in almost a decade. it made me feel like less of an old asshole.

i'm hoping to do see maritime in a few weeks here but who knows. juggling kids and a social life isn't easy and surprisingly enough, my kids win out every time.
cream filling for hollow victories

Re: Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 10:29:10 PM
im going to see the melodians in a couple of weeks. but besides that there hasnt been anything good going on

Re: Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen Reply #16 on: March 07, 2009, 04:01:27 PM
We rarely get good shows or concerts down here. Usually just reggae/dancehall acts, which usually start at about 2am and finish around 6am, and always on weekends, which I work. Last summer there was a "Romantic Rhythms" "festival" here, headlined by Lionel Richie and Kenny Rogers. Woo-fucking-hoo. ::)

So other than your average bar-type bands (one of which I'm going to see tonight!), I rarely get to see live music unless I'm away on holiday. Seen some good stuff away though. Live8 in Hyde Park in '05 with Pepper and his friend Carrie. Warped Tour in Vancouver in '07... Bad Religion and Tiger Army were awesome, but we fucking missed Pennywise and other than that it was just a bunch of emo crap. Last year we saw Day 2 of Hyde Park Calling - The Police, Starsailor, KT Tunstall, The Bangles, and The Micki Free Electric Blues Experience. We missed The Stranglers which fucking blows but we didn't realize there was a 2nd stage until we were already trying to get in a good spot to see The Police.

This summer I'm not even sure where we're going so I have no idea who we'll be able to see.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen Reply #17 on: March 07, 2009, 06:37:04 PM
The last show I saw was Public Enemy, The Roots, and Everlast. The Roots were great, one of the most impressive acts I've ever seen.

The last show I saw before that one was Andrew WK. Always a fun time. The Locust opened at that show and those guys are also mad awesome.

I don't have any plans to go to any shows. It's too much hassle and too expensive. Bah!

Dude, The Court Tavern, sometime in October. I promise to have you home at a reasonable hour.

Re: Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen Reply #18 on: March 07, 2009, 06:39:56 PM
We missed The Stranglers which fucking blows

They're playing here later in the month. Can you get down here in time? You have a place to crash.

Mind you, I'm not sure about seeing them. No Hugh Cornwall.

Re: Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen Reply #19 on: March 07, 2009, 10:11:54 PM

Dude, The Court Tavern, sometime in October. I promise to have you home at a reasonable hour.

Oh yeah dog! I can't wait :)

How long are you planning on being in the Philly area?
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen Reply #20 on: March 07, 2009, 10:52:06 PM
Approx a week... prolly be second stop, after Cinci...

Re: Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen Reply #21 on: March 08, 2009, 12:29:59 PM
Oh my god, why would you go to Cincinnati?
KimboFever.com
MyWebTrash.com
d00dj00sux0r.com

Re: Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen Reply #22 on: March 08, 2009, 09:50:05 PM
To see SolitaryVice.

Re: Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen Reply #23 on: March 08, 2009, 11:44:07 PM
I would NOT mind seeing SolitaryVice myself. She and I used to chat on jirc.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 12:27:34 AM by bagman »

Re: Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen Reply #24 on: March 11, 2009, 01:28:54 PM
Holy shit. Holy shit. I'm going to Bamboozle Festival in NJ and GWAR and Bloodhound gang are playing!!! I was supposed to see BHG like 3 years ago but I was in the ER getting an appendectomy instead so I didn't get to see them. Fuck, am I excited.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 01:29:11 PM by tricky »

Re: Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen Reply #25 on: March 11, 2009, 01:38:37 PM
I was supposed to see BHG like 3 years ago but I was in the ER getting an appendectomy instead so I didn't get to see them.
Pussy.

Re: Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen Reply #26 on: March 11, 2009, 06:43:08 PM
I saw BHG a couple of years ago at one of the big DC radio festival things.  That was the last one of those I went to, though, because I always have a miserable time due to hating crowds.

Re: Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen Reply #27 on: March 11, 2009, 07:24:56 PM
I saw BHG a few weeks back.
along with a few of the following @ soundwave

NINE INCH NAILSALICE IN CHAINS,BLOODHOUND GANG,LAMB OF GOD DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN, ALKALINE TRIO, BILLY TALENT, THE RED JUMPSUIT APPARATUS,FACE TO FACE, IN FLAMES, RIVAL SCHOOLS, ANBERLIN,UNDEROATH, THE SUBWAYS, EVERY TIME I DIE,DEVILDRIVER, FOREVER THE SICKEST KIDS, FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND, LESS THAN JAKE, POISON THE WELL,MADINA LAKE, NEW FOUND GLORY, FROM FIRST TO LAST, BEDOUIN SOUNDCLASH, JACK'S MANNEQUIN,HELLOGOODBYE, FINCH, GOLDFINGER, SAY ANYTHING, CHIODOS, SILVERSTEIN, SAVES THE DAY,LACUNA COIL, 36 CRAZY FISTS, TWO TONGUES (Acoustic Sydney only), STRAYLIGHT RUN, EVERGREEN TERRACE, MINUS THE BEAR, MONEEN,ACE ENDERS (THE EARLY NOVEMBER), I AM THE AVALANCHE, JAGUAR LOVE, UNEARTH, BAYSIDE
EMERY, HOUSTON CALLS, THE AUDITION, ATTACK IN BLACK, INNERPARTYSYSTEM, ALL THAT REMAINS, MIKE HERRERA (MXPX acoustic), VALENCIA, ALESANA, THE RIVERBOAT GAMBLERS, HORSE THE BAND, MAYLENE & THE SONS OF DISASTER...and masters of ceremony DIRTY SANCHEZ & THE DUDESONS.

rumor has it jared drank his own vomit. i didnt see it.

Re: Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen Reply #28 on: March 12, 2009, 12:05:38 PM
Yeah, Evil Jared did drink his own vomit... then vomited it back up all over Jimmy Pop. Then vomited some more on the crowd.

It was hilarious. I wasnt up the front, thankfully.

That was the only act at Soundwave I was interested in. I must be getting old.

Re: Shows or concerts you are seeing or have seen Reply #29 on: March 12, 2009, 04:34:10 PM
Going to see Peaches now too, and possibly MGMT.