Quote from: Doormouse
I keep finding LEGOs on the street as I walk to school. I always pick them up and then add them to a growing sculpture when I get home. I have some 15 or 20 pieces by now. My friends always feel obliged to remind me that picking shit off the street is unhealthy. Fuck that noise. If I see a LEGO, it's going in my pocket. My only fear is if the muggers figure me out and make a line of them leading into a side alley.

Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts(Read 4185 times)
Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts on: November 05, 2020, 12:55:43 AM
Totally random starting list;
10 Fun Facts About The Michelin Man
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 01:06:49 PM
Probably inspired the Pillsbury Dough Boy.
Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 01:35:34 PM
No, actually ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 04:50:13 PM
And?

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 12:24:06 PM
Bibendum was well before that ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 05:14:21 PM
Yeah well I said inspired by, obviously tire boy came first.

How about Stay Puft ?

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, 05:42:40 PM
That's a direct copy ....
Fuck them if they say otherwise ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #7 on: December 05, 2020, 10:13:53 AM
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #8 on: December 05, 2020, 10:33:12 AM
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #9 on: December 05, 2020, 11:21:44 AM
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #10 on: December 05, 2020, 02:20:03 PM
Original Names Of Well Known Products/Services

"a take on the number "googolplex," which is the digit 1 followed by a googol zeroes (or 10100 zeroes)."

Did you know the word "googol" was coined by Carl Sagan's daughter?

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #11 on: December 05, 2020, 02:34:14 PM
Tinder
>>When Hatch Labs launched its revolutionary dating app in 2012, it was called Matchbox, a coy reference to igniting the flame of romance. However, since the name undoubtedly sounded too similar to Match.com<<

I'm completely positive this had nothing to do with their decision to rename.

These guys were obviously never children.

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #12 on: December 05, 2020, 02:44:16 PM
Hahahaha ....
Either way, I'm sure someone had a copyright issue within ....
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #13 on: December 05, 2020, 02:54:10 PM
Did you know the word "googol" was coined by Carl Sagan's daughter?
Close ...
"Googol" was coined/invented by Edward Kasner in the 1920s and referenced later in his book in the 1940s ...
He proposed "Googolplex" a little later on ...
Sagan helped to quantify it ...

** Looking For The Facts To Back That Up **
** Found **
Silly name for a silly sum
Googol is the label for 10 to the hundredth power (10100), or 1 followed by 100 zeros. Invented by Edward Kasner, the American mathematician referenced the quantity extensively in his 1940 book, "Mathematics and the Imagination." Kasner intended the number to serve as an example for students in showing how a number could be so incredibly large, it could baffle their minds.

While the term wasn’t more universally accepted and used until his book’s publishing, Kasner dated its creation to 1920 when he asked his 9-year-old nephew, Milton Sirotta, what he should call the number. Milton appropriately responded that such a silly sum required an equally silly name, from which the term "googol" was coined.

Googolplex
After naming googol, Milton proposed the further term of "googolplex," describing it as “one, followed by writing zeros until you get tired.” Rather than gauging a mathematician’s skill by their endurance in writing zeros, Kasner adopted a more formal interpretation of 10 followed by googol zeros, as opposed to a googol’s 100 zeros. To quantify a googolplex, astronomer and astrophysicist Carl Sagan gave the example of filling the entire volume of the observable universe with fine dust particles roughly 1.5 micrometers in size. From this, the total number of different combinations in which these particles could be arranged would equal approximately one googolplex.
Source
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #14 on: December 05, 2020, 06:33:28 PM
That's interesting, sort of contradicts what Carl had to say in the series Cosmos. But that was a long time ago and I may be mistaken.

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #15 on: December 06, 2020, 02:20:02 AM
The internet is subjective ...
So's my memory at times ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #16 on: December 07, 2020, 03:16:37 PM
I meant to post this earlier but apparently I composed it offline and didn't post it...

I could have gotten that idea from his book >The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a candle in the dark<
I read that  decades ago.

The things I really remember from the 1980 Cosmos series are Stardust (we are all it) and Powers of Ten. So I probably did get that notion from the series and not the book. I must have the details about origination of the term wrong.

If it was on Cosmos it was on broadcast TV and at the time I couldn't re-analyze the information back and forth like we mostly can today.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081846/

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #17 on: December 12, 2020, 09:28:26 AM
It's all good ....
I'm sure you aren't the only one to have had the same take-away ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #18 on: January 12, 2021, 10:54:28 PM
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #19 on: January 14, 2021, 03:37:20 AM
The answer given seem to indicate that over time what we want will become true.

...So it can balance on a log and mark your territory ... brilliant!

Assuming the wombat actually ever thought about that to influence its shit.

Strange but I have seen similar dog poop, (may have been stepped on).

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #20 on: January 25, 2021, 10:22:18 AM
I know; right ...
It's fascinating how things evolve ...
(Take that Creationists!)

Here's another interesting article:
The History of the Glove Compartment ...
Driving an automobile in the early 20th century may have been an exciting experience, but it certainly wasn’t the most comfortable one. Known as “horseless carriages,” early cars didn’t have roofs so drivers were open to the elements. Even when vehicles became enclosed, they still didn’t have heaters. Furthermore, roads weren’t paved well – if at all – so drivers had to hold on to a shaking steering wheel. And let’s not forgot that power steering had yet to be invented, so turning the steering wheel could be a struggle. This is all to say that early motorists needed a good pair of driving gloves ...

... the idea of storing one’s driving gloves in this space was not a given. That idea can be traced back to a woman named Dorothy Levitt. One of Britain’s first female race drivers, Levitt was an automotive pioneer. Among her many accomplishments in the field was publishing “The Woman and the Car,” a book filled advice for owning and driving an automobile. One such tip informed readers, “You will find room for these gloves in the little drawer under the seat of the car. This little drawer is the secret of the dainty motorist.”
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #21 on: February 08, 2021, 11:17:48 AM
AAA kick-started its roadside assistance service back in April 1915, when five motorcyclists working for the Automobile Club of St. Louis founded the “First Aid Corps.”

The group didn’t wait to be called. They drove through the city’s streets on Sundays looking for stranded motorists, making minor engine and tire repairs for free, for members and nonmembers alike. They helped 24 folks on that first Sunday and 171 by the end of the first month.

The service was wildly popular. The club was flooded with grateful letters, including one from Carl Simons, manager of the St. Louis branch of Studebaker Corp., after his inner tube was repaired by one of the mechanics.

“I don’t know who was the originator of this service idea, but it is the most splendid feature we can call to the attention of prospective (AAA) members,” wrote Simons. “And you may rest assured that every purchaser of a Studebaker car will be solicited by me personally to become a member of the St. Louis Automobile Club.”

Studebakers may not be around anymore, but the rest, as they say, is history.
https://magazine.northeast.aaa.com/daily/life/cars-trucks/roadside-services/how-roadside-assistance-was-born/
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #22 on: February 11, 2021, 08:17:25 PM
1. A human head remains conscious for around 20 seconds after being decapitated.
It's probably thinking "this is weird".

2. A body decomposes four times faster in water than on land.

3. Within three days of death, the enzymes from your digestive system begin to digest your body.
Y U DO DIS BODY?!

4. About 153,000 people worldwide die everyday.
But around double that number are born everyday. Hello population problem.

5. When a person dies, their sense of hearing is the last to go.
Ear today, gone tomorrow!

6. You can't die of 'old age', only from diseases brought on by age.

7. Men who are hanged get a death erection, known as rigor erectus.
Pretty awkward for the family, I assume.

8. In some cases, bodies develop a corpse wax that can preserve the remains for years.
They must have had SUCH oily skin.

9. Forensic scientists can tell how long it has been since death by looking at the species of insect on the body.
These CID guys are crazy.

10. The skin around the finger and toenails dries and contracts after death, making it look as though they have grown.

11. Dead bodies swell up like balloons after about four days, due to the release of gases and liquids.
Is that why they float in water?

12. The Zoroastrian Parsi community in India offers its dead to vultures rather than burying/burning them.
This has Prometheus written all over it.

13. The Turritopsis Dohrnii jellyfish is officially known as the only immortal creature in the world. It lives forever.
They'll probably take over the world one day.

14. More than 7000 people die annually due to the doctor's bad handwriting.

15. Left handed people die 3 years earlier than right handed people.
Sorry lefties :(

Source :- Scoopwhoop
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #23 on: February 11, 2021, 10:41:33 PM
That was cool.

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #24 on: February 11, 2021, 11:52:16 PM
*bows*

I try ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #25 on: May 01, 2021, 08:02:44 PM
Random Trivia:
The inventor of the flexible catheter was Benjamin Franklin.
He invented it because his brother suffered from kidney/bladder stones.
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #26 on: May 01, 2021, 10:19:03 PM
>>The inventor of the flexible catheter was Benjamin Franklin.<<

That is a good bite of trivia, so I had to look it up.
https://www.urotoday.com/urinary-catheters-home/history-of-urinary-catheters.html

I removed the last one I had myself! But that must have been like a piece of silver jewelry back in his day. Finely detailed and small enough to fit. 

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #27 on: May 02, 2021, 10:59:05 PM
Right ....
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #28 on: July 03, 2021, 12:57:27 PM
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #29 on: July 03, 2021, 12:58:20 PM
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #30 on: August 22, 2021, 10:40:59 AM
Walmart Prices
Sure, you know how to read a price tag. But do you understand what the numbers could be telling you? One blogger shared the secret scoop about Walmart's clearance items that let you know if a product will go on sale again. The key is looking at the last number in the price. Those that end in a '7' dictates that it's at its original price. A '5', however, means it's been marked down once. If you see a '1'? That means it's the final—and thus, least expensive—price it'll ever be. So if you're on a fence about buying a new pair of sweats and see the '1', you know it's your last chance before they're gone.
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #31 on: December 09, 2021, 08:52:24 AM
The Real Reason Soda Is Sold By The Liter

----------
Dr Pepper's creation in 1885 and Coca-Cola's in 1886.
Read More Soda Trivia
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #32 on: January 10, 2022, 08:47:33 PM
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #33 on: January 10, 2022, 09:03:03 PM
More about the Betsy Ross thing HERE ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #34 on: September 06, 2022, 01:05:15 PM
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #35 on: November 04, 2023, 10:20:58 PM
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #36 on: December 10, 2023, 10:27:32 AM
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is the fear of long words.
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #37 on: December 10, 2023, 10:28:40 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYeAXWtg2Co
For Reference; The Title: "50+ Objects Hide Their True Purpose Your Entire Life"
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #38 on: December 10, 2023, 10:47:11 AM
A butt is a real unit of measurement for a cask of wine. A buttload is about 108 Imperial gallons.
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #39 on: December 10, 2023, 10:54:04 AM
Paraskavedekatriaphobia is the fear of Friday the 13th.
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #40 on: December 10, 2023, 10:54:33 AM
We're ALL Fred!
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #41 on: December 10, 2023, 10:55:49 AM
Beaver College changed its name to Arcadia in 2001 in part because anti-porn filters blocked access to the school's website.
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #42 on: December 10, 2023, 11:02:35 AM
The original title for Scream was Scary Movie.
Which explains why the parody movie of it is call Scary Movie ...
(It's a double-sarcastic name; I love it!)
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #43 on: December 10, 2023, 11:18:21 AM
Sphenopalatine-ganglioneuralgia is the medical term for brain freeze.
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #44 on: December 10, 2023, 11:19:02 AM
The sum of all the numbers on a roulette wheel is 666.
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #45 on: December 17, 2023, 10:37:17 PM
Floccinaucinihilipilification—one of the longest words in the English language—is the act of estimating that something is worthless.
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #46 on: December 19, 2023, 08:25:22 PM
Despite producing 95 percent of the world’s bourbon supply, the official drink of Kentucky is milk.
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #47 on: December 20, 2023, 09:42:09 PM
Night of the Living Dead director George A. Romero got his start making short films for Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood.
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #48 on: December 24, 2023, 06:24:29 PM
In a study by the Smell and Taste Treatment Research Foundation, the scent women found most arousing was Good & Plenty candy mixed with cucumber.
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Random Compiled Facts - Seriously, Just Random Facts Reply #49 on: December 31, 2023, 11:50:36 AM
If you adjust for inflation, Gone With the Wind is the highest-grossing movie of all time, earning approximately $1.8 billion.
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')