Quote from: Drugmoth
Anyone who lets themselves get to such an extreme point is either (a. an idiot, (b. a weakling, (c. someone who has drastically below average coping skills ..., or (d. someone who knows full well how they are slipping into worse and worse addiction but they simply couldn't give even a SINGLE shit about their life.   Or a combination of the above.

...so don't even think about it!(Read 22034 times)
Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #90 on: December 10, 2009, 07:34:45 PM
Ginger ghettos... hahaha.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #91 on: December 10, 2009, 10:08:01 PM
Yes, vote CARTMAN ...

(You are aware that Dylan'd win on this platform, right?)
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #92 on: December 12, 2009, 08:21:13 AM
Make sure this doesn't get out to the flame haired fiends, but I wonder how many gingers could be eliminated  in an hour?

I'm thinking of setting a trap for 50 or so thousand of them.
With a Mick Hucknell concert as the bait..

Ohhh I'm  a genius...This can never fail.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #93 on: December 12, 2009, 03:06:37 PM
I'm curious if Tru has any decent follow up to his statement, or if he was simply being a fuckwit

Education is now available to more people worldwide than it has ever been. If it's designed to prepare people for jobs then that's not a government conspiracy, it's just a natural progression from a trade-based society that has existed for thousands of years.

I was being a fuckwit. But my gripe is the mandatory aspect. If the state is forcing something on you the natural tendency is to rebel against it. I'm not putting down education and if not mandatory people would gladly flock to whatever schooling they could get and would do a hell of a lot better at learning the material BECAUSE they would WANT to learn it. And with the economy it doesn't really make any difference if a person has completed mandatory schooling or not.  Most I would say of the majority remain morons even after completion of mandatory schooling. Most people never work in their major either so schooling has become for many not a quest for knowledge at all but a quest for a piece of paper that may open doors for you that are closed to those less fortunate perhaps but not due to the graduate being any smarter or better qualified to take a position in a field in which they have never studied.
Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #94 on: December 12, 2009, 03:20:07 PM
I hated taking those tests. they were called "CAT" then.
Hah oh man I loved those. No school for days, and instead a bullshit-easy test. I still have my old scores back in a folder at home.

It's called FCAT here, and it's still bullshit ...
The "C" in CAT stood for "California" as far as I understood it. I wonder what "FC" stands for.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #95 on: December 12, 2009, 07:13:21 PM
and if not mandatory people would gladly flock to whatever schooling they could get and would do a hell of a lot better at learning the material BECAUSE they would WANT to learn it.

Bullshit.
ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #96 on: December 14, 2009, 01:10:41 AM
Florida's Comprehensive Assessment Test
http://fcat.fldoe.org/
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #97 on: December 14, 2009, 02:27:13 AM
I'm curious if Tru has any decent follow up to his statement, or if he was simply being a fuckwit

Education is now available to more people worldwide than it has ever been. If it's designed to prepare people for jobs then that's not a government conspiracy, it's just a natural progression from a trade-based society that has existed for thousands of years.

Most people never work in their major either so schooling has become for many not a quest for knowledge at all but a quest for a piece of paper that may open doors for you that are closed to those less fortunate perhaps but not due to the graduate being any smarter or better qualified to take a position in a field in which they have never studied.

Yet this proves that you have the ability to focus and learn a subject to a high level.

I think the US system of a year of general ed at the start of uni is a waste of time and rips off students. I completed my (3yr) BA in 2 1/2 years by doing some summer schooling and got the fuck on with it.
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #98 on: December 14, 2009, 03:45:50 AM
and if not mandatory people would gladly flock to whatever schooling they could get and would do a hell of a lot better at learning the material BECAUSE they would WANT to learn it.

Bullshit.

Ya think? I think you are full of shit here. Perhaps a segment of society would prefer remaining stupid. But the job market would require certain minimal qualities and people would soon come to understand that with greater education comes greater employment opportunities. But with the mandatory system currently in place this will never happen. I suppose schooling might be delayed for some people but what difference would that make except for assuring for those people that it really was their choice.

When funding is based on test scores and that funding comes from the general population by force even from people like me who haven't had a kid in the system for 20 or more years but we have to keep paying anyway to help prop up the education system and when it has been proven that teachers wages have no bearing at all on the quality of schooling or the results of such schooling as compared globally. Then what the fuck am I supposed to believe? That higher teacher wages create smarter or better educated students ? That allocating ever greater funds from the tax base to schooling administrators is somehow helping education, fuck it! Give me a fucking break.

It might seem strange but there are people who believe in educating people and historically they have provided this service with little compensation. As far as I am concerned teachers across the board should only be paid half what they currently receive. Then we would see the leaches drop off.
And don't even fucking even think that no one would want the job.

But only those people dedicated to it would apply.
Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #99 on: December 14, 2009, 04:24:42 AM
In England

State schools are a complete joke, in that they are designed to develop subservient gimps.
They are shit at teaching kids to get thro exams or study. Its basically about keeping em off the streets.
The teachers hate the idea of kids being more successful than them.

Private schools also develop yes men and complete twats. And because it costs about 30k a year, the biggest morons imaginable pass exams.Then conspire together to get good jobs, even tho the jobs are way beyond their ability.

But education's really important for everyone in Britain.Tony Bliar said so...

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #100 on: December 14, 2009, 10:15:14 AM
In England

... schools ... develop subservient gimps ... yes men and complete twats....

See, the problem is that the schools have to teach English dudes.
Like yours.  Only different.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #101 on: December 14, 2009, 01:49:04 PM
It might seem strange but there are people who believe in educating people and historically they have provided this service with little compensation. As far as I am concerned teachers across the board should only be paid half what they currently receive. Then we would see the leaches drop off.

Those people dedicated to it wouldn't be able to apply because getting by, in a recession, on such a low salary would be pretty damn hard.

IMO, if you want good teachers, increase the salary and the quality of the training. We need more trained teachers so there is a bigger choice of them.
It would mean the schools can actually fire the crappy teachers instead of just having to employ them because there is no other option.

EDIT: I just thought of something else. We dont want dedicated people, we want good teachers.  Even the most enthusiastic can be utter shit at their job.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 03:22:17 PM by Sakhi »

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #102 on: December 14, 2009, 01:52:13 PM
In England

State schools are a complete joke, in that they are designed to develop subservient gimps.
They are shit at teaching kids to get thro exams or study. Its basically about keeping em off the streets.
The teachers hate the idea of kids being more successful than them.

Private schools also develop yes men and complete twats. And because it costs about 30k a year, the biggest morons imaginable pass exams.Then conspire together to get good jobs, even tho the jobs are way beyond their ability.

But education's really important for everyone in Britain.Tony Bliar said so...

Everytime this topic comes up we disagree.
Basically Hertfordshire pwns.

But btw, 30K a year? the one nearby me costs 3k per term, 9k a year and thats a boarding school, meals included.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #103 on: December 14, 2009, 03:01:50 PM
yeah we do have this disagr every time LOL

My school was one of the better state schools in a pretty shit area.So funding was shit, expectation was too.
Teachers ranged from ok to utterly abysmal - or they fucked off never to be replaced during the middle of our A levels. And the school REFUSED to replace them!

From people I spoke to, places like Berks, Surrey, Herts etc do seem to have better state schools, but still a fair way off private ones.

Eton is 28k a year, plus extras - which can push it up to 50 odd k Im told. And they get Downs Syndrome victims to Oxford and Cambrdige.

You make a good pt that shit teachers are never sacked. We just locked them in cupboards.
(Or was it the pottery kiln....?)

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #104 on: December 14, 2009, 03:20:46 PM
Well I heard a story about a school where they had a supply teacher who was australian. He just got so pissed off with the class he was dealing with, he left, locked them in the classroom, grabbed all the keys to the door he could find (he took all but the caretakers one) and got on a plane back to Australia. He didnt say a word to anyone about it, just left.

Course supply teachers get so shit on its unbelievable.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #105 on: December 14, 2009, 03:54:30 PM
I dont remember the supply teachers actually being our shittest ones.
Some seemed to lack confidence - they were in an alien environment and knew the job was temp.

I dont think its fair on kids studying for exams or for the supply teacher when they have to pick up the reins half way thro a year.

The ancient phrase "schooldays the best days of your life" Who the fuck said that?Some bellend with a caning and uniform fetish?

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #106 on: December 14, 2009, 04:02:11 PM
IMO, if you want good teachers, increase the salary and the quality of the training. We need more trained teachers so there is a bigger choice of them.
It would mean the schools can actually fire the crappy teachers instead of just having to employ them because there is no other option.
There's a lot of interoffice-style politics involved in the US at least. You get tenured and suddenly start acting crappy, or you have more seniority and this entitles you to be crappier something like that. I'm not sure exactly what all the wrinkles are, but one of my friends is constantly telling me this. He was in risk of getting laid off a few years back because there was a lot of supply all of a sudden. He was pissed because he's one of their best but also one of their youngest teachers. So yeah... more tolerably good teachers doesn't necessarily bring us all the way to the finish line.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #107 on: December 14, 2009, 08:25:30 PM
As far as I am concerned teachers across the board should only be paid half what they currently receive. Then we would see the leaches drop off.

Dude, that's the stupidest thing I've heard all day. "Dedicated" people wouldn't apply, people who are too stupid to get better paying jobs would apply.

Those people dedicated to it wouldn't be able to apply because getting by, in a recession, on such a low salary would be pretty damn hard.

EDIT: I just thought of something else. We dont want dedicated people, we want good teachers.  Even the most enthusiastic can be utter shit at their job.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #108 on: December 14, 2009, 08:35:48 PM

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #109 on: December 14, 2009, 08:46:22 PM

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #110 on: December 14, 2009, 09:05:01 PM

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #111 on: December 14, 2009, 11:09:12 PM
Who said I had to drive it? It's a work of art for me to masturbate over...

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #112 on: December 14, 2009, 11:38:33 PM
* nods
Loaded-Gun.com - I don't know what the hell they are talking about or why they are even there. They don't make serious points and they don't joke, but they still manage to make a lot of posts somehow.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #113 on: December 15, 2009, 10:34:06 AM

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #114 on: December 15, 2009, 11:06:17 AM
I think the point was, its an indicator of a shit country if the education of ability(or otherwise) is solely down to how rich your mummy and daddy are.

You mean like GB where you take mummy and daddy's money and go to a good school and you become a surgeon, a solicitor or get a business degree so you can manage mummy and daddy's money and eventually become a politician, and if you come from middle to lower class you take your public uni degree and work in the manufacturing or service industry? Is this the comparison you're throwing out to us? Because I totally get your point, asshat.
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #115 on: December 15, 2009, 12:24:25 PM
Yes thats basically my pt, asshat.
I think Britain's worse than America by quite a long way.But America has elements of bullshit eg Bush becoming President because his daddy was.
Strangely, Greece has the same problem, and its on the verge of bankruptcy.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #116 on: December 15, 2009, 12:54:50 PM
And Britain isn't?

I never knew you were an equal opportunity hater. Mad props my Russian brother...
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos...
KNOW NYARLATHOTEP, KNOW CHAOS!

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #117 on: December 15, 2009, 01:01:02 PM
There's a lot of interoffice-style politics involved in the US at least. You get tenured and suddenly start acting crappy, or you have more seniority and this entitles you to be crappier something like that. I'm not sure exactly what all the wrinkles are, but one of my friends is constantly telling me this. He was in risk of getting laid off a few years back because there was a lot of supply all of a sudden. He was pissed because he's one of their best but also one of their youngest teachers. So yeah... more tolerably good teachers doesn't necessarily bring us all the way to the finish line.

There's not much you can do about that from the head office.
At least this way schools that need it would be able to sack the bad teachers.

Here at least we have a lot of bad teachers because of lack of supply. It's why the government is trying to recruit more and make it sound like a good job.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #118 on: December 15, 2009, 01:15:09 PM
I'll go and teach Yankee english to a bunch of Queens.

Re: ...so don't even think about it! Reply #119 on: December 15, 2009, 01:25:28 PM
I've never understood the TV  adverts for teaching.

Maybe they should go look this :-

Not very clever but not that thick either?Like long holidays and early finishes?
Want to start on 22k, which is more than the call centre you've been working in since graduation.
The caning's been banned.But  you can still shout at 11 to 18 year olds for not wearing uniforms.

(switches to wouldbe teacher with terrible dress sense pondering his outlook)

Maybe you can spend the salary increase on... Or trade  coursework marks for ...

Cuts to "Teaching, its fairly shit but the pay's better than what a lazy pervert would get in other jobs".